Permission

You're the Reason

I wrote it when I was in a bad mood, and I think it didn't turn out good. I thought I could write this chapter way better than this :( 

enjoy...

*******

He was right there, infront of Minwoo's house. He was finally going to meet his lover and officially ask Minwoo's parents to let him be his. He bent his head and checked his brand suit and shoes as well as he could and turned the all-rose-bouquet in his hand in order to face the more beautiful side of it to the person who would open the door. He breathed in and out for a several times to be relaxed and then with his trembling fingers pushed the doorbell. 

 
He could hear the footsteps coming closer to the other side of the door and for a few seconds his heart stopped beating and his mouth went completely dry. "I had to do this" he said it in his mind and stood still there, a very fake but kind and sincere smile on his face.
 
The door knob turned and the always kind and happy woman, who seemed not that happy at the moment, opened the door. 
 
"Hi Umma" he bowed 90 degrees. But when he straightened again, encountered with two moist and sad eyes. There were no anger in them. Just sadness and sorrow.
 
"Who is it?" Someone asked from inside. 
 
"No one" the woman replied with her voice shaking because of the tears now freely rolling on her cheeks.
 
"I have to come in, Umma please. I have to explain" Eric pleaded.
 
Then he heard heavy and fast footsteps of a guy coming to the door. Minwoo's mother closed the door so fast in his face that his hair got teetered due to the wind caused by the fast movement of the door.
 
Then a quarrel could be heard from the other side. And he blamed himself for the thousandth of time this week for all the bad things that happened to them. 
 
"Let me kill him now" it was Minwoo's father. "Go away you stubborn woman, that tricked my naive son and abused him." He wasn't surprised to hear these. He deserved this and he knew it. 
 
It got noisier there. Obviously Some other people have joined in. 
 
"You relax father! I will take care of this" and then a hoarse objecting yell was heard and then the door got opened as fast and harsh as it was once closed. 
 
Eric bowed again. "Good Morning abba, good morning hyung" he wouldn't dare looking into their eyes. He didn't want to appear weak in front of Minwoo, who he assumed was watching from afar. 
 
"Don't call me abba, you bastard" surprisingly, they stopped shouting and quarreling and didn't punch him in the face, as if they were waiting for the best moment to tear him up like tigers would do to their prey. 
 
"I have to explain. Please. I know I did wrong. But just give me one chance to explain myself" he offered  the bouquet to Minwoo's father. "I had to do this before" he announced his regrets.
 
The next thing he saw was the bouquet getting thrown away to the wall and the blow made it out of shape just in a second. 
 
"We don't need explanation. Just get lost and never come back again you ..."while Minsuk was cursing him, the desperate guy sat on his knees right there and grab the feet of Minwoo's father and older brother. 
 
"Please. I will do whatever you want. I will forever be like a servant for you. You can curse me or hit me or whatever but please try to understand me. I love him and he loves me." He started sobbing like a little kid. 
 
"He has made a scene here let him in dad" Minsuk said, annoyance in his voice. 
 
*****
 
They were all sitting in the living room. Eric wondered where Minwoo was but he didn't dare to ask. Maybe he wasn't allowed to participate in this debate and that was quite understandable. Minwoo's mom was silently crying from the beginning. Once in a while she would look at Eric with pleading eyes. Eric couldn't figure out what she was trying to tell him. 
 
"What did you want to say? Just say it and get lost." Minsuk said eyes making a whole in Eric's face. 
 
"I've loved him for 10 years already. Our feelings are real. I know we had to let you know, it was your right to know. But Minwoo's afraid you wouldn't accept him the way he is. He loves you so much that he couldn't even bear the thought of losing you and your love..."
 
"What do you want from us?!" Minsuk interrupted his speech, showing no interest in what he had to say. 
 
"I'm here to ask your permission for a life long relationship with your son. I would like a marriage but it is only allowed outside of the country..." A glass of water that was earlier in hands of Minwoo's father, was thrown at him when the subject of marriage emerged.
 
Eric went silent although the glass didn't hit him. But he was convinced that persuasion of Minwoo's family  was harder than he has thought to be. 
 
"Just get lost. I don't want to see any of you again in my life. Just go and do whatever you like. I don't care!!"
Minwoo's father couldn't continue speaking due to the tears in his eyes and the lump in his throat.
 
Minsuk stood up and forced Eric to do so. "He is in our country house, just go and be together and never come back." He was ordering Eric with a strict and cold tone. But Eric hasn't ever liked someone ordering him around. He resisted to stand up.
 
"I thought you love him. He has been your spoiled youngest kid. And you just abandoned him. I thought you would protect him under your wings. But I was wrong about it all. You have to accept the way he is if you really love him. And it seems otherwise." his voice raising, his face reddening, he stood up in haste. And somehow pushed Minsuk aside in his way to Minwoo's Mom. 
 
"Umma, chinja, this is all you can do about this? Sitting here and cry? Seriously? I have alway assumed you were stronger than this. You disappointed me. He is still your son and you abandoned him when he needed you the most" he shook his head. 
 
"You were the one leaving him in the first place. I don't know why on earth you decided to come back to us. Something changed your mind?" Minsuk asked smirking in order to shift the responsibility to the other party.
 
"I've never left. I'll find him and take him with myself. There is no need or necessity for your permission anymore. You don't deserve him." He was staring into Minsuk's eyes. 
 
"I will beat you up just like what I did to that piece of . You both deserve each others, s. I ask you to get out of this ing house before I lose my control and kill you with my bare hands" Minsuk pointed at the door with his left hand and with the other grabbed the collar of Eric's shirt.
 
"I will leave. But let me make this clear, you put a hand on him again and I will make you pay" Eric pronounced each word with emphasis, face just an inch away from the other guy and eyes never leaving the other angry pair in front of them. Just at this intense moment, Eric's cellphone started ringing. He firmly freed his collar from the other guy's grip and straightened his shirt and took out his phone from his pocket. 
 
An unknown number
 
"Hello?" He said while taking the way to the door to exit the damn house.
 
"Minwoo?! Minwooooo?!" He stopped in his tracks.
 
Everyone in the room got alerted because of the obvious worrisome in Eric's voice. Minsuk's angry face turned to a curious one and he went closer to Eric in order to figure what was going on.
 
Eric sensed the worry in Minsuk's eyes and set the phone on speaker. 
 
"I need help" Minwoo's faint and weak voice could be heard. 
 
"WHERE ARE YOU?" both men almost shouted together. 
 
******