Leaving

You're the Reason

Here is another chapter. Enjoy ^^

 

 

"He will be fine sir. It's nothing serious. He'll be awake any time soon" 

 
"Then why is he still unconscious?" Minwoo shifted his weight from one leg to the other "It's quite a while" he said as anxious as before, his heart was still pounding in his chest like what the emergency doctor said had no effect on him. He was feeling a desperate need for a cigarette. With his sweaty Hands, he searched his pockets for one, but there was none. "Eric has the cigarette pocket with him, " he thought.
 
"He'll gain his consciousness sir. Don't worry. The scans don't show anything wrong with Mr. Mun. He probably passed out due to the stress and fear. But to be completely sure that nothing goes wrong, we will keep him in tonight" the doctor tried to make Minwoo calm down. 
 
"Can I stay here tonight then?" Minwoo could never leave Eric there, even if everything was OK with the man.
 
"Yes you can. We will provide him a private room, since you are celebrities."
*********
 
Minwoo was staring at the man lying peacefully on the hospital bed. He sighed and shifted in the not-so-comfortable couch of the room. He stood up and went near to bed. Examining the face of his long-time partner of life. 
 
"Yes, I can risk my life for you, so it doesn't matter anymore" he whispered not for Eric to hear but mainly to announce his final decision for himself. He wasn't doubting the love of Eric, never, but for few times he thought of ways to prepare stories to deny everything and keep distance from the man he loves for the sake of their career and fame. But he was sure now. He'll stand for what he wants in life. This is Lee Minwoo! If the public doesn't accept the way he is, then he is ready to leave this damn celebrity life forever. 
 
Eric's cell phone went off and pulled Minwoo out of his thoughts. After searching the pockets of Eric's pants, coat and shirt, he finally found the source of the annoying sound and answered the phone, knowing it was Andy behind the line. 
 
"Hyung, some of the pictures are posted online. Get prepared!!!"
 
"What???" Minwoo almost lost his balance and grabbed the edge of the bed as a support for his jelly legs.
 
"Minwoo- hyung?? I.... I think.. It's better for you to stay in your parents for a while...." Andy waited for a few seconds but there wasn't an answer. He suddenly remembered that Minwoo's parents have no clue of his relationship with Eric. He bought his tongue "Minwoo-yah? You there?" He asked with a low voice.
 
"Yea..." Minwoo said while looking at the calm sleeping face in front of him. A tear dropped from his eye. But he put himself together. He shouldn't be weak, he shouldn't break down! He has decided to stand for his love. He wiped the tear with the back of his hand.
 
"No Andy-yah! We had an accident... Eric's still unconscious."
 
"What happened?"
 
"Don't worry. It's nothing serious" he said when he sensed the worry of the maknae through his voice. "I just cannot leave him like this! We'll be fine" he continued.
 
"No.. No.. Don't do that. Just call Mrs. Mun to take care of him and go somewhere away from Eric.. Just for a few days, Minwoo-yah! Don't be stubborn" 
 
"Hey you stubborn kid! Listen to me" it was Junjin on the phone now. He sure has grasped the phone out of Andy's hands. With the tone he was speaking with, it was obvious that the situation was already out of control. "Do as I tell you!! Just stay away from him for a few days!! Go to your hometown!! Now" he was yelling at this point.
 
"But....." Minwoo was interrupted by the ordering voice of Junjin. 
 
"You don't think of yourself! Fine! But it's for him. For your both safety! There are lots of prejudiced and conservative people out there. They believe what you call love is a SIN and you are dirty." He pronounced the words as clearly as possible. 
 
"Do as I say Minwoo-yah, for you, for him, for all of us. Just for a while and then you can fight for it. Let the crowd subside first" Junjin stressed each word to be more effective on his listener. 
 
'Fine' was the only word Minwoo could breathed out before hanging up the phone and collapsing on the couch and giving the tears acceptance to roll down on his cheeks. He was helpless although he didn't want to admit. For a few seconds he grew disgust from the man still unconscious there. "Was it the time to lose consciousness now.. Seriously!! What should I do now?! Huh?!?" He spoke his mind loudly to be heard from next doors and quickly stood up and got ready to leave. 
 
"We'll see each other soon" he said on the verge of crying for a thousands of time that day and left the room without looking back. 
****
'I cannot leave like this' 
'No' 
'Just for a second' 
 
The door opened and the already red-eyed person returned to the room in a rush. He went directly to the bed and kissed the lips of the sleeping man on the bed and whispered a few sentences in his ear. Then he rushed out of the room and didn't come back again. 
 
"Umma... I'm sorry that I woke you up but it's Eric"
 
He drove the car to an unknown place far from the city. 
*******
 
Eric slowly opened his eyes and blinked a few times to adjust to the bright light of the room. 
 
"Minwoo... Minwoo... Min..ah" he tried to sit on his elbows to look for the man from a different and better angle but a sharp pain went through his body. 
 
"Umma is here" his head was buried in the warm and welcoming but not-so-relaxing s of his mother. "You're fine. Everything is fine, my son." Eric pulled his head out of his mother's grip and looked at her questioning. 
 
"Where is Minwoo, umma?!" The thought of the scandal far from his mind. He was worried about Minwoo. They had an accident. What if...
 
With a swift movement he grabbed his mother's arm and asked again:" what's wrong? Is he alright, umma?! Tell me please" he asked, his hands shaking just like his voice. 
 
"He IS fine. Don't worry" Mrs. Mun tried to hug his son again. But Eric wasn't convinced yet. 
 
"Why isn't he here then?! He should have been here" he turned his head to look at the room for another useless attempt for finding the man he liked to be near him right now. He gave his mother's arm a pressure in order to indicate that he needs the truth.
 
"He cannot be around you for a while. Some pictures leaked to the internet and we thought it's better if you stay separated. Son, you didn't do anything wrong. So, don't worry. We'll figure it out"
 
"What?!? Where is he?! He cannot be alone now!! It's dangerous... Umma!! It is Korea here.." He tried to come out of the bed and go after Minwoo. But Mrs. Mun stopped him in his track. 
 
"There are lots of reporters in front of the hospital. You cannot go anywhere" her voice was low and frightening. "There is no clue of staying here anymore. You cannot explain anything. I bought tickets for tonight. You are coming to USA with me"
 
"Not without Minwoo!"
 
"Yes, without Minwoo. He'll come later. You cannot be seen together now."
 
"What is this nonsense, mom?! Where is HE?! Buy him a ticket for tonight too. I will go wherever you want but not without him, OK?!" 
***********
"You little ! I knew you've been ed"
"Is Eric big?! XD" 
"Can I you too? You're appealing :P"
"Your photo looks nice haha"
"You are deserved to be killed you dirty bastard"
"You lucky ! How could you seduce Eric, huh?!"
 
Minwoo couldn't bear more. He sent a brief message to the other guys informing them that he's safe and turned off his phone. 
 
******
"I'm fine, don't worry about me. Sorry for leaving you like that. It was for our own good." 
 
Eric called Minwoo's phone several several times but it was off. The received message was the only thing that could make him a little relieved. At least he was fine! 
 
"Eric, I talked to him this morning right after you woke up. I told him you are fine. He's safe. Give it time son. He can handle it on his own"
*******