Sheet - 14

Through Music

 

The rain keeps pouring hard endlessly down to the ground, mirroring the anguish of the girl who is drench with tears. Shinhye looked straight to Minho’s eyes, seeing him with those painful stare, the stare that hurted so much the guy who’s shielding her from the rain just by seeing it. It totally hurt him, tore him right in his heart.

 

Minho quickly squad down, just to meet her. He then took off his jacket and put it around her, “Shinhye, please stand up. Don’t be like this, you’ll catch a cold” He begged, eyes are crinkled in concern.

 

“Why..” She paused with her lips trembling between her sob “Why are you the one that keeps coming and not Yonghwa?” Shinhye started to lift her clenched hand and fist his shoulder weakly, “Why are the you the one that always here and not Yonghwa?” her voice getting louder as she keep hitting Minho’s shoulder.

 

“Why aren’t you listening to stop following me?” She punch him harder this time as her tears keeps flowing and flowing, “Wae wae wae?!!” She finally exploded a heartbreaking shriek along the with the huge fist she threw to his shoulder.

 

Minho stopped her fist, holding on her hands tightly, “Neol saranghanikka, Park Shinhye!”

 

There, his voice finally cracked up while the girl in front of him froze at the words as their eyes locked each other.

 

“I’ve been looking at you all this time. I’ve been watching your from behind, the distance from afar. At first I only curious to know you better since I found you different from other girl, but as the time goes my curiousity changed into a feeling I can’t explain. I can’t stop thinking about you everyday, every passing minute. I’ve been wanting to see your smile more often, and I’ve been wishing that I could be the one to make you smile so wide. I just can’t stand there and watching you in misery alone. I just can’t, Shinhye. I don’t-no, I can’t see you being like this!”

 

A tinge of new tear filled her wet eyes.

 

Shinhye could feel a thrill of feeling down her heart, it feels so good, so soothed. She went speechless on her spot. Eyes remain fixed each other.

 

Minho then continued, with a lower tone this time, “I’m being really truthful, so stop crying over the wrong guy and come to me. Don’t get hurt by that again, it pisses me off.”

 

Shinhye was almost drowned by the words, it feels comfort when she know that someone is actually care about her that she almost cry, but the last thing he said totally bothered her ears.

 

She scowled and let go his hand off her shoulder rudely then, “He’s not an ! Stop badmouthing him! You don’t know a thing about him, yet you talk so confident like that. And just so you know, you’re nothing compare to him!”

 

----------------------

 

Seohyun took a seat on the edge of her bed. The meeting today was a total waste she thought. She completely didn’t pay any attention to it, even a minute. Her mind still flied to the moment she had through today. Yes, it was a really hard day. For her heart to be exact.

She sighed sadly at the memory of this afternoon. The voice of Kyuhyun keeps repeating in her head.

 

“Don’t be a stupid girl, Joohyun! He’s a guy with a girlfriend! Do you want to destroy someone’s relationship?”


Seohyun flinched at the words. True, she doesn’t want to destroy someone’s relationship. True, that she realized for keeping this feeling is wrong. No matter how hurt it is, she shouldn’t be selfish. She needs to get over this feeling.

 

She crouched under her bed then. Pulling out a familiar case and opened it to reveal the thing she’s been practicing everynight until yesterday.

 

It is a guitar.

 

Seohyun grazed the surface of the guitar then. Smiling at the thought that she’s totally cherished each moment practicing the chord of ‘Hey You’ song. The song which Yonghwa requested her to master it within a month. He makes her get the chance to learn about music. But with the reality now, it somehow feels useless to continuing the practice.

 

‘Thinking back, I should’ve left then. I never should’ve let those feelings grow, nor should I have set my gaze on him..’

 

“Why aren’t you practicing the chord tonight?”

 

Seohyun startled at the sudden voice, stopped her movement and turned her head instead.

Jihyo is there, leaned on the wall by the threshold, folding her arm. Smiling.

 

Imo?”

 

Jihyo came in and sit next to her, “What is it now? Aren’t you tell me that you need to master it within a month? This month is nearly end, you know that”

 

Seohyun looked elsewhere, avoiding her eyes. “A-ah, it just.. I kind of feeling not well tonight” Jihyo noticed the gloom in her eyes and she’s obviously lying now.

 

Jihyo pulled her face to her, she then look her in the eye “Don’t lie, Seohyun-ah” A smile came across her face, “You’re obviously lying, and just so you know it won’t work on me. I know you, and I can clearly see the pain in your eyes. So, did he hurt you?”

 

Seohyun spontaneoulsy startled at the blunt question, “Eh?”

 

“Jung Yonghwa, did he hurt you or you guys had a fight?” Jihyo clarified.

 

“W-what do you mean, imo?” She stuttered as she put strands of her hair behind her ears, “It doesn’t has any business with hi—“

 

Jihyo cut her words and point a finger, “See, you’re lying again. You will play your hair like that when you try to lie, Seo Joohyun.” Jihyo escaped a sigh, “It’s really about Jung Yonghwa after all. Seriously, you both obviously have a feeling to each other but none of you brave enough to make a move yet. Yah Seohyun, should your imo help you out on this?”

 

“No you don’t need to, imo. We won’t make it no matter what”

 

Jihyo furrowed her brows, “What do you mean? Why are you sound give up already?”

 

“He belongs to someone.” She paused as the tears started filling on her eyes, “He already have a girlfriend, so it’s impossible for us to be together”

 

Jihyo’s eyes magnified in disbelief while mouth slightly parted.

“No way” She spontaneously stated then, head shaking, “After all those signs he made towards you, I definitely believe that he has a crush on you Seohyun-ah, so it’s impossible if he is dating someone”

 

“But the truth that he is” Seohyun finally turned her head to her imo, seeing her in the eyes and assuring her about her thought. “Everyone already told me about that, and I’m suppose to be aware of it sooner, but stupidly I ignore them and let this feeling keep growing each time.”

 

A tear unconsciously slid down from her eyes that she can’t any longer hold it, but she tried hard to muffle her cry, so she shed those tears on her cheek. Jihyo who see her in tears, make a move. She pulled and lock her in her embrace, try to comfort her.

 

“Why am I so stupid? I let this useless feeling grow when the people already told me times that he’s taken. I should’ve erase it from long ago, I should’ve not being around him often, I should’ve not let this feeling bloom, so it won’t be this hurt in the end. It won’t be this hard.” The tears uncontrollably flowing down her cheek now, but she didn’t hold back while Jihyo keeps rubbing her back gently. Try to calming her down.

 

“But I’ll take the risk since it’s already happened. I’ll get over him. I’ll erase this feeling. I’ll make a distance between us” She continued along with her sobs.

 

But then Jihyo tighten her embrace, “Don’t force yourself too hard, Seohyun-ah. It’s true that it is wrong to has a crush on someone who is taken. But to get over a feeling is also not an easy thing which everyone admits it. It needs time. To love someone, it needs time. To get over someone, it also needs time. So don’t force it to be gone soon because it will just torture yourself.”

 

Jihyo rubbed her back gently, try to calm her down while Seohyun nodded at the words her imo just said. But just so Seohyun know, that to tell the truth Jihyo somehow didn’t completey believe that Yonghwa is dating someone after all those signs he shown. And moreover, Seohyun only heard about him has been taken from other people, not from him directly, in short it means Jung Yonghwa hasn’t confirm it himself about his relationship. Right?

 

----------------------

 

“Where did you go yesterday?”

 

Yonghwa appeared suddenly to her seat, put both of his hands on the desk, waiting for the answer she will say right when the class ended. But there, Seohyun who instantly see who’s coming mentally jolted at the closeness their distance are. Those eyes, the one that weaken her the most are staring her straightly, so she diverted her eyes away from them.

 

“I’m sorry, I remembered I had a meeting to attend yesterday” She answered reluctantly, eyes still looked away and hands return to packing up her stuff.

 

“You know I came yesterday, but when I was about to reach you I saw Kyuhyun sunbaenim was there. What was he doing?”

 

“I had a math club meeting, so he came to pick me”

 

“Then why did he hu—“

 

“I’m sorry,” She cut the words right away which totally surprised him, “I have a meeting today, so I need to go now”

 

Without wasting anymore time, Seohyun picked up her stuff and leave the place immediately, leaving Yonghwa remain froze on his spot. He didn’t even finish his words yet, but she’s surprisingly cut his words which he found that’s new of her, whereas he was about to ask her the real answer of why Kyuhyun hugged her yesterday, because he wants to believe that those negative thoughts in his mind are all just a misunderstanding. But shockingly she treat him this way when he wants to believe her.

 

While the girl who just left might look composed and certain on the outside, but she actually breaking inside along her pace, that she can’t stand to act this way. Deep down she keep assuring herself,

 

‘It’s okay, Seo Joohyun. You did the right thing.. You did the right thing..’

 

----------------------

 

Yonghwa found himself reading the ‘English Debating Competition’ poster again this afternoon after the class. He then stopped his eyes on the deadline date for registering the competition. It’s near, yet he still haven’t decide to join it or not. For some reason, he still hesitate and kind of need someone to give him an opinion or support.

 

He took a glance to his side, remembering few days ago he came to this place with someone who high-spiritedly support him, asking him without any doubt to join the competition. But this time, he came alone and it’s kinda lonely. He missed her again already.

 

Yonghwa then took out his phone, and note the contact number on the poster to his phone. He decided to leave the place after that, but then someone halted his pace. It’s Park Shinhye.

 

“Yesterday, did I mess your event?”

 

Ani.” He answered, shook his head and smiled a bit, but that smile somehow looks fake.

 

“I’m going first then” He continued then walking away. But then, Shinhye grabbed the fabric of his sleeve, made him stopped and look at her in instant.

 

“Are you mad at me? Why are you so cold towards me this whole day? If it’s because of yesterday, I’m terribly sorry. Jinjja mianhae” She asked him earnestly, seeing him in the eyes.

 

“Ah, am I?” Yonghwa looked surprised. A weak one though. He’s humming a bit then, “Maybe it’s because I’m not feeling so well today, so my face expression seems cold to everyone. Mian.”

 

That’s obviously an excuse she thought. He’s completely act different towards her since this morning, means no other than because of yesterday. A regret of what she did yesterday started to appear, and it’s growing. She didn’t expect that it would turn out like this. She didn’t want it.

 

Yonghwa reached her hand which grabbed his sleeve then, and slowly let go off it.

“Well then, I’m going first. Seems like I need to get some rest” He smiled. A weak one though.

 

He made a way and getting out of sight, leaving Shinhye alone at her place. Leaving her for once again breaking. Leaving her behind. Tears can’t help but filling up her eyes soon.

 

Meanwhile Yonghwa who is heading home, not long after his pace got slower. His eyes fixed on someone who is coming to his direction with eyes busy reading to the book she hold. A hope is appear down his heart then. A hope for that girl would turn at him, flashing smile and greet him like usual. Like used to.

 

But apparently that just remain a hope.

 

To his surprise, they really crossed their way, yet she didn’t spare any glance at all at him. She just passed by like a stranger. She’s totally ignoring him since that day on. Hurt. That is the definite word which describe his feeling right now.

 

‘So this is heartache.. A powerful feeling that break you either mentally or physically.

Seriously, is it possible for my heart to physically break? Because it really feels like it’

 

----------------------

 

A long black-haired girl is seen walking on the sidewalk around the college in this broad daylight. But she walks so weakly and soulless, just by studying her face expression and random pace. Yes, Shinhye is indeed absentmind right now. Too many thoughts filled up her head that she even become this way. Total depressed.

 

‘Can I just undo yesterday? It even become worse rather than solve the problem of my feeling. I can’t even talk to him freely like usual. I totally lost him now..’

 

The train of thoughts in her mind completely put her guard down that she didn’t aware of her surroundings which a truck in a high speed is actually driving towards her direction.

The driver didn’t aware of it too, that a girl will be coming across his way. He couldn’t see her to be exact, since Shinhye is coming from a turn.

 

Apparently, Seohyun is around the place. She who just come back from a bookstore after the class over, from the distance witnessed the scene clearly since she’s coming from the front direction of the truck. So she stopped on her track on the sidewalk due to shock and observing that girl, because she seems familiar.

 

‘Is that Shinhye-ssi?’

 

Then, her eyes completely dilated not long after and instantly went panic when she realize that the one she saw ahead is really Park Shinhye. Her classmate.

 

“Shinhye-ssi!” She goes run toward her like crazy, “Shinhye-ssi look oouuutt!”

 

When Shinhye finally appeared from the turn in sudden, the driver who saw her in a close gap spontaneously hit the brake hard crazily along with the loud honking sound.

 

Grab!

 

Seohyun succeed reached her just in time, caught her by the arm, then pulled her body away in a dash, avoiding the car which keeps honking loudly. Bump! Both fell to the ground hard, but Seohyun is covering Shinhye’s in her embrace exactly.

 

The driver whose the truck is finally stopped, popped his head out and shout in anger, “Yah! Micheosso?! Jugeosseo?!”

 

Seohyun rose up faintly just to bow and apologize to the driver, “Jeosonghamnida. Jeongmal jeosonghamnida

 

She then quickly turned at Shinhye who is still laying on the ground when the driver drove off, hold back the pain on her arm due to the fall hard earlier. She help her sit slowly.

 

“Shinhye-ssi, gwaenchanayo?” Seohyun asked her in concern as she studies her to find any injured she might got.

 

Shinhye slowly lift her head. Collecting her sense. But then after few seconds, she realize that in front of her right now is Seo Joohyun. Her biggest rival.

 

Ani,” She spoke in a low voice, “Na an gwaenchana”.

 

“Where? Where are you injured at?” Seohyun is getting worried as she studied her from head to toe again.

 

‘I’m breaking inside. Can’t you tell?’

 

Shinhye still lock her gaze at her faintly. Thoughts are flying in her head right now.

“Why are you saving me just up?”

 

Seohyun lift her head up at the silly-sounded question, meet her eyes, “What are you talking about? Of course I will save you” Her eyes were crinkled in concern.

 

“Wouldn’t it be better if I just die earlier? Then it means you will lose your rival and get Yonghwa easily”

 

 

Seohyun completely surprised at the statement this classmate of her spoke out.

She grabbed both of her shoulder.

 

“Shinhye-ssi, what are you talking about? Please don’t say like that. I’m not seeing you as my rival, and who said that it will be better if you die? You’re my friend. And every of my friend is precious to protect. And I’m not intending to get Yonghwa. I’m sorry if you think so, but jinjja, I’m not”

 

She’s lying, while she wonder herself at how easy she blurt it all out from . But she didn’t regret it, she keeps assuring herself that she did the right thing, though she can’t deny that somewhere inside her heart is aching to state it.

 

Kereom,” Shinhye held a pause. She lifted her face and looked her in the eyes deeply.

 

 

“Can you leave him for me?”