Sheet - 11

Through Music

 

Some of the delegations from the math club of K University are send to a Math Camp event which participated by members from math club among universities in Korea. This is a yearly event held by the minister of education which takes three days full of activity. The event mostly lectures about the role of mathematics in the world, how some of the theory of geniuses is based from math, and reasons why only few of people could appreciate the important of math. The participants seem serious in every of the discussion and presentations in this event, seeing that the room is quiet, only the voice of the speakers and some who ask which could be heard around. No wonder, these participants must be are all the chosen one.

 

Not only lectures, there were also quiz and game sessions, where the clubs compete each other and gain points to get the limited signed book from the comittee. Within the session, once again Kyuhyun showed the people in the room his amazing numeracy skill. He answered almost all the questions given perfectly and lead his team to gain much points, invited the people to no other than praising at him. Because to answer the question, the participant needs to not only answer, but also explain in detail of how they think their answer is the right one. So, no wonder Kyuhyun pulled everyone’s attention with his brilliant brain, none except, Seo Joohyun.

 

To tell the truth, she never this amazed at someone’s brain. The way Kyuhyun explained all the formula he wrote meticulously in the board earned applause inner her. It’s not like the first time she sees him this way, but seeing him show his skill in the public like this totally somehow make her smile genuinely.

 

But of course, not only him the reason for the all-kill winning in these sessions, all the members of the team has their big part of it too. Kyuhyun didn’t let himself show his skill alone, he told and asked everyone in the team to at least has one chance to perform their skill. He believed so much in his teammates. He even sometimes gave his answer to the rest and ask them to explain it instead of him. This side of him which just revealed lately, again, stole Seohyun’s attention. She thinks that Kyuhyun is really a good leader.

So, titled him as the everlasting leader and god of numbering sounds deserved for him.

 

All in all, once again the K University showed their teeth, and everyone in the team are having so much fun.

 

--------------

 

It was break time when Seohyun was sitting on a bench, decided to read the book a little she got from the winning quizes and games this afternoon. The atmosphere also feels fine with the greeny leaves shaded her above and the fresh air blowing gently through the hank of her hair, make her relaxing so much this book and her time.

 

From afar, the guy of the day who is earlier looking for her stopped on his track when his eyes finally caught the one he is dying to found. A smile appeared on his face as he secretly peering at her before finally decide to approached.

 

“Hey,” Kyuhyun greeted her with a small wave, sitting beside her on the bench.

 

“Oh, hey.” Seohyun replied in a bit of surprised, turning her head from the thick book to look at who’s coming.

 

“Looks like you really enjoyed the camp, huh?” He asked teasingly.

 

Ne,” she nodded eagerly, “It’s really fun. The lecturer are nice and I found many new amazing people here” She turned back to the book she already read in almost reach it’s half.

 

“Ah, yes, last performed, it was amazing you could answers those tricky problems perfectly in such a time. Good job on that!” He nodded towards the books she was holding, “I mean, of course I can answer it too, I just need more time, hmph” He huffed jokingly.

 

But really, Seohyun also paid his full attention last. She’s the only one who didn’t need his help in solving each of the problems given earlier. She managed to solved it all easily, quickly and also perfectly. If only Kyuhyun didn’t has his speed ability, maybe his position already beaten by her from long time ago. His admiration in her also increasing after observing her all this time, included in the last perform. Seo Joohyun, of all the amazing thing she did with her numeracy skill, she still down to earth. Never she brag off her winning or her success to everyone like he even ever, or maybe often did to as example his friends, media, parents even to the math club, though sometimes it was just a joke.

She keeps cheering, bowing and thanking to all the members for the hardwork everytime instead, whereas she’s the one who gave a big impact to the club.

 

‘A girl like her, who would be the luckiest guy live on earth who will win her heart?’

 

Seohyun actually let out a small laugh at his narcissism, although honestly she’s pretty sure he can do it. They didn’t give him the title ‘Leader of the Math Club’ for nothing after all.

 

“Yes, yes. I’m sure. I guess you just being unlucky then” She giggled.

 

Kyuhyun made a bad impression of sad face. His brows curling like he is about to cry, but his smile widen, “Yah! This girl, seriously. Now I’m a bit sad” He said between his laugh. No, of course he’s not sad at all.

 

Seohyun just laughed at him, then turned back to her book once more, trying to continue reading the last page she read. It’s not that easy though, with the feeling of Kyuhyun now looking at her, she felt a bit uneasy. She doesn’t like being stared at like that.

 

But then, something diverted Kyuhyun’s attention. His phone ringing, so he pick it up after asked for an excuse and walking away, gave her a bit of space at least.

 

After few seconds, apparently he came back, but now a flicker of a smile stuck on his face. He then spoke, “Joohyun, let me introduce you someone”

 

Seohyun turned away from her book, again, she curled her brows, “Someone? Who is it?”

 

He didn’t answer, asking her to follow him instead. Persuaded after some words of beg-sound-like, she then come followed him behind who lead the way to a place he had an appointment with to meet.

 

As they arrived at the certain place, there are apparently some people there, but to tell the truth, those people are all none other than the comittees and speakers from the event. Means big people are gathered here. So who is he going to introduce her with?

 

Appa,” Kyuhyun greeted out of the blue to someone among those people.

 

Surprised, Seohyun widened her eyes. ‘Appa?’

 

A half-aged man turned around instantly at the call, and spread both of his hand with a wide smile on his face welcoming his, son? Kyuhyun chatted a bit with that man, while Seohyun studies the face of him because she somehow knew it. And there you go, she mentally gasped when she realize that the man in front of her right now is....

 

Appa, this is Seo Joohyun, the girl I told you about once”

 

He perked and turned at her with a bright visage, “Ah! Seo Joohyun, yes, how could I forget that story”

 

“Joohyun, this is my father” He introduced, linking his arm warmly around Mr. Cho Seungho, an amazing speaker Seohyun once attended his seminar back in Zurich and apparently it turned out to be Kyuhyun’s official father.

 

Seohyun bowed mannerly at him then, “Annyeonghasimnika, Seo Joohyun imnida” And flashed a bright smile.

 

“Whoah, you’re really not only smart but also has a beautiful look, Joohyun-ssi”

 

“Ah, khamsahamnida” She bowed again.

 

“By the way, congratulation on your winning for the competition last time. Well, I know it’s late, but it’s better than nothing, right?” He laughed at his own word which invited the two into a laugh too. “It was a great collaboration from both of your genius brain”

 

Khamsahamnida” Seohyun smiled and once more bowed mannerly at him, left a great impression on this half-aged man for this first encounter, thinking that this girl not only smart, has a very beautiful look just like what his son said, but also well-mannered. What could a father hope more for a future daughter in law?

 

“And..” He apparently continued with a different tone this time, “A great pair”.

 

The statement earlier succeed on shocked the two, while Mr. Cho smiling alone at them.

 

Appa, what are you talking about?” He broke the silence with a small blush on his face.

 

“Seriously, you two really make a great pair. Both are smart, good looking and well-mannered, then you two also will make a great couple for sure. Why don’t you try it out? It’s worth”

 

Mr. Cho unhesitatingly choose to be blunt. He seem to be totally impressed by her.

Kyuhyun already told him about her before. Telling him all of the positive side of her, succeed on making him curious to meet her in person soon. And today, he finally meet her.

Incredibly, within the short period of meeting this Seo Joohyun girl already impressed him a lot. Like a magic, he already fall for her in instant, feeling that all of the things his son told him before was true. So, he can’t help but to be impressed.

 

On the other hand, Seohyun is getting uneasy towards Kyuhyun. She wondered what he had told about her to his dad. Why he has to introduce her to his father? Only her to be exact, not along with the rest of the math club’s member. She’s only a new member even more.

Does he has another intention? Uneasy train of question started to filled up her head, make her want to end this event soon and back to college.

 

Talk about college, how’s college been doing anyway? She missed it so much. And.. To tell the truth, she can’t deny that she missed her next seated friend, remembering that the last time they meet was very full of glee.

 

‘Yonghwa.. How he have been doing?’

 

--------------

 

Shinhye sat in her class, on the usual spot just like always. She studied her surroundings, noticing that there just a few students in the class, apparently she come a bit too early. She glanced behind her, staring at the chair that has been empty for the past three days, wondering if the person who always sat on it will finally come after gone for days without words.

 

Shinhye sighed, ever since the day Yonghwa told her about what happened with him, he never come to the class. But the weird thing is, he always left his bag behind, as if telling them that he will come, but he never did. Yesterday Shinhye tried to wait for him in the class once it was over, if he leaves his bag in his desk, then he will probably come to take it back again. She waited for hours, alone in the quiet class, only the sound of a music she play on her phone echoing through the walls. By the time she heard a grunt of thunder from outside, and realized just how long has she been waited for him, she decided to go home and leave her friend’s bag in the class, telling herself that she will try again tomorrow. God knows where the man has been gone to.

 

It was then that she noticed Yonghwa’s desk is empty, not even his bag is laying there. If he will come the class to just put his bag and abandon it again, then she finally have the chance to meet and have a long talk with him. She nodded to herself and put her earplug on her ears. The class will start for another hour, there’s still plenty of time for her to wait for Yonghwa.

 

Unfortunately, after a few songs played, she dozed off.

 

--------------

 

The class is getting crowd with voices, waking her up from her small sleep. Snapped, Shinhye quickly rose her head from her folded arms, blinking away the sleep.

 

‘Oh no! I fell asleep!’ She thought and quickly turned her head to look at the desk behind her, hoping to see Yonghwa already sitting there and teasing her about falling asleep.

 

Only to see that her friend’s desk is empty, again. His bag is not even there. Yonghwa’s absent again today. She stared the desk full of dissapointment, as if the person who usually sits there would feel it somewhere in Korea, before turning her head to her phone, realizing that it still playing music, and there are earplugs still hanging on her ears. She quickly plucked them off and type a message.

 

‘Yonghwa, where are you? Don’t tell me you’re going to absent again this time. When will you stop being like this? You’re just going to ruin your life more’

 

Shinhye sent the text right away to Yonghwa. She’s hissing in inquietude then, try to think a way or two to help his problem which he told her the other day. She already advised him to stop the music for the sake of his mom and his future too. She also know it isn’t easy thing for him to do remembering music is his passion and he has a dream to pursue in music world, but seeing the condition is already turn out like this, there’s no other way she thinks.

 

“Seohyuuuunn! Finally you’re back” Exclaimed Yoona hard as she run to hug her best friend who just arrived to the class.

 

Seohyun escaped a smile, welcomed her back. “I bet you missed me so much, right?”

 

“Yes, I am! Satisfied?” She teased and pinched her nose, made her whimper.

Both then went chatting things excitedly like people who haven’t meet in ages on their seat. But then the conversation changed when Yoona take a glance at the seat next to Seohyun.

 

“You know, I’ve been wondered where your next-seated friend gone to”

 

Seohyun curled her brows then turned at the certain seat, “Gone? What do you mean?”

 

“You know, gone.” She clarified as she shifted her seat, “He’s been absent for the past three days. Two days first, he just left his backpack in the class without even showing himself”

 

She could feel the apprehension began to growing down there when she heard the news and question started to fill up her mind, “Did anyone else know about his absence?”

 

“Zero. Even his girlfriend didn’t know where he is”

 

“His girlfriend? Who?”

 

She squinted her eyes, “It’s Shinhye, who else? Why do you keep asking me that?”

 

--------------

 

Seohyun walked aimlessly along the corridor that feels so silent this afternoon even though people are actually crowded the place after borrowed some books from the library.

She’s in absentmind as her mind diverted elsewhere and eyes sticked to the ground, ignoring all those noises around, but the question in mind that keep worrying her since this morning.

 

‘What has happened to him? He looked all fine last time we met. It’s so sudden. Even Shinhye didn’t know a thing about where he is’.

 

But then her pace stopped when she found Jonghyun over the crowd, so she called out to him.

 

“Jonghyun-ssi!”

 

The guy who is wearing a checkered shirt instantly turned at the call, and seeing Seohyun run over him.

 

“Oh, hi Seohyun. What’s up?”

 

“Do you have any idea where is Yonghwa? He’s been absent these past three days. I wonder what happen with him” Seohyun chosed to be straight to the point, and just by hearing at her tone, she obviously worried.

 

Jonghyun blinked, and furrowed his brows,“He haven’t present yet?” Then murmured almost to himself, “Aissh, that guy!”

 

Seeing at that unexpected expression of Jonghyun drove her even worried, so she asked again, “What happen? You seem to know where is he?”

 

Jonghyun held a pause, fiddling his fingers before finally escape a sigh and speak up.

 

“Yonghwa, I don’t exactly know where he is, but all I know that.. He’s having a hard time recently”

 

--------------

 

Silent.

 

Only the blowing wind’s sound could be heard around the lake. The right place for people who needs a peaceful time. The guy who sit under the maple tree near the lake is also as silent as his surroundings. His vision glued to the ground aimlessly. Letting his mind all blank, piled up with the pain of the previous days which still aching. He was lost. Lost like a lonely child in a crowded place, full of people with familiar faces. He knew that he’s not alone, that he could find someone to help him going through his misery. But still, he don’t know where to turn to, to whom should he hold his hands onto? He already told his problems to Shinhye and Jonghyun, his best friends. But they gave him the same answer.

 

He should just give up on his dreams.

 

He shook his head. He couldn’t do that. He just can’t let go of his dreams so easily. But he can’t stand this situation either. He doesn’t want to make his mother sad, she’s the only family he have. A glimpse memory of her crying flashed on his head, it makes his heart ache. But the thought of giving up on his dreams, is like breaking his own promise to his father. His long-gone father. His true best friend of his life even now, and the one who gave him courage to keep on dreaming.

 

But his father isn’t here now. The only remaining of him that still here is just his memories, and his now-broken guitar. Yonghwa is alone now, without much of a choice. And he doesn’t know which to choose.

 

‘What should I do now..? I’m total lost.. I have no one supporting me either, so how can I stand alone..’

 

He then looking up above, watching the blue sky with giant fluffs of vapor move as the earth goes on. Looking back to the days he spend with his father, he realized that maybe, just maybe, his dream is too high to even possible for him to reach, looking at his situation now.

But remembering to what his father always said, ‘Trust your dream, and walk towards it'.

Is it still possile to trust his dream at the condition like now?

 

‘To be on top of the world.. Is it this hard to achieve that dream?’

 

He slowly closed his eyes, feeling the blowing wind caresses softly on his cheek, He burried his face into his hands. He doesn’t want to let go of his dreams, but he also doesnt’t want to make his mother sad even more. He doesn’t want to give her more pain and he already feel sorry for her.

 

‘Appa.. Should I give up here..?’

 

Never in his life he feels as distraught as now about this dream before, but these situation totally disheartened him to the lowest.

 

“Yonghwa!”

 

Both of his eyes spontaneously opened, perk up at the familiar voice that coming in sudden.

He turned to find the owner of those sweet sighing sounds. To his surprise, his eyes went round at the figure he saw. The figure he actually miss to see so bad in these past three days that her coming somehow cheered him and stopped his tears from dripping.

 

It’s Seo Joohyun.

 

 

Author's Note :

Beforehand, Happy New Years all! :D May in this year we all have days filled with bless~
Secondly, I'm sorry for the really late update. Well, I was focusing on my final exams last time and totally couldn't find any time to continue the story. Hope you guys are still here~ :'D *hiks*

Anyway, bet you guys knew already about the fancam from gayo which uploaded last night. Gosh, seriously, it's like the best present to end 2014. We've been dying to see those two in interact, and finally after the loooong wait we could happily see it. And about the dispatch news, it apparently not coming from any of snsd's member. Means, we can still hope, ryte? >w<)/ *flying to gochun*

 

Last, as always *kkk* hope you will leave a comment or one/two word below just to encourage me on continuing this story.
Thaaannkk yooouu :) :)