Sheet - 16

Through Music

 

A rumble of lightning cast a blinding light, clashing down so loud. The rain is heavily pouring down the earth this evening as the sky only covered with dark cotton clouds. Nothing could be heard around, but the pitter-patter sounds from the roof of the rain drops. The streets are found to be empty too. House locked, and no one spotted walk in the road. Everyone must be already found a shelter or staying home in this kind of atmosphere.

 

Jihyo find herself looking out of the window through the rain. She looked uneasy though.  She's worrying something, someone to be exact who hasn't come home yet.

 

'Seohyun.. Where are you, dear? Why can't I reach your phone? God please take care of her..'

 

It's new for her beloved niece, Seo Joohyun, to hasn't come back at this hour, and moreover it is raining heavily outside. She tried to contact her several times, but her phone cannot be reach. Comprehensive thoughts started to filled up her mind.

 

The door buzzer snapped her from her thoughts. Who could that be? She ran to press the video intercom.

 

‘It’s her!’

 

Clack!

 

She unlocked the main door and opened it immediately. Her smile growing after then, she found Seohyun standing there safely, though she's looking fully soaked, must be because of the rain. But to her surprise, she wasn't standing alone there. There's a guy next to her, also looking total drenched. Even more than Seohyun. The guy smiled and greeted her as soon as the door opened.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo,"

 

Jihyo studied him who look familiar, "Aren't you Yonghwa?”

 

Yonghwa look a bit surprised for second that she remember him since the short introduction that day, then he nodded.

 

Omo, why are you both so soaked like this. Come on in, palli!"

 

"Ah, I'm fine.” He shook his head a bit, also his hands. “I was just going to take her back here. I'll be heading back right away."

 

She raised her brows, “With those soaked cloth? You surely gonna catch a cold. It’s even still downpour right now”

 

He managed a smile, “Gwaenchanayo.”

 

"No-no-no" Jihyo stopped him, shaking her head. “Youngster should listen to what the elder say. Now come in, quickly!”

 

Hesitantly, Jihyo dragged both into the apartment, close the door and pushed them to the living room. Forced them more likely. Yonghwa can’t help but to surrender.

 

She asked Yonghwa to sit on the sofa, took a sip for the quick hot chocolate she made while she searchs for a clean towel and any shirt that might fit with Yonghwa in her closet and wardrobe. Her movement stopped for a moment when she found a black shirt slipped between her clothes in the bottom of her closet. She slowly pulled it out and rubbed it gently. An old memory flashed on her mind for a moment as her hand tracing the fabric of the shirt. But she quickly shook her head, not letting herself drown more into the memory and left.

 

“Here” Jihyo handed the towel and the shirt to Yonghwa who already emptied the glass. “Thank God I have a male-sized shirt in the closet. Seems fit in your size too”

 

Khamsahamnida” He smiled then head to the bathroom where Jihyo told right away.

 

After taking a warm bath, get changed and rest for a while with another hot beverage the lady of the apartment offered, now Yonghwa was dragged to the dining room, asked to enjoy the delicious dinner she prepared.

 

There were suprisingly so many food served on the table, and Jihyo asked him to try every of them. From the kimchi, doenjangjiggae, bulgogi and also dakganjeong. He was truthfully grateful that this aunt of Seohyun welcomed him this warm, but up to this extent? Well, he found it a bit strange to be honest.

 

“Yonghwa, you better stay here for the night”

 

The mentioned guy choked on his food as the words said while the girl next to him widened her eyes instead of gaping in total suprise at her imo sudden suggestion.

 

“Ah, I-I don’t have to. It’s okay, I’ll head back home soon” He refused weakly due to the pain on his throat.

 

Jihyo put her spoon and pointed to the clock with frowned face, “But it’s almost midnight. I won’t let you head back home at this hour even though you’re a guy.”

 

“Bu—“

 

Jihyo quickly lifted her index finger and shaking it in the air, “No buts”

 

It’s helpless then. Yonghwa mentally slumped on his chair. He knew it, that his strange feeling earlier was true. He clapped his hands inwardly at her. He just realised that she must’ve been planning it from the start to stall the time by offering him this and that, asking him to do this and that in a warm way, but her real intention is this; making him not be able to go home.

 

Jihyo’s face lit up, “Ah, plus you guys are going to the college in the early morning, right?”

 

She pointed at the two to make sure, but no one respone, both are still in shock mode on. Well, their answer is not that necessary though, she already memorized Seohyun’s college schedule after all. So, for once again Yonghwa surrender weakly.

 

----------------------

 

Yonghwa just brushed his teeth and wash his face. He’s aiming for the living room then, ready to sleep. But his step stopped at the door of a room near the bathroom. It was opened quite wide, so he can see what’s inside that bright room since all the lights outside are already turned off. Inside, he saw a long wavy-haired girl turned her back to him. Unconsciously, he smiled as he studied her from behind.

 

Just after he blinked at the sight, his eyes caught something interested him. A guitar is leaning on the wall near her bed. His smile widened, then took a small step closer.

 

He clear his throat, “So, how’s the What’s Up been going?”

 

Startled at the sudden voice, Seohyun turned around to find a messy-haired guy with a simple shirt staring ever so gently at her by the threshold. Badump! This new atmosphere she just experience inside the apartment suceed making her heart leaping inside. Damn how could Yonghwa looked that handsome!’.

 

What’s up?” Yonghwa playfully shrugged at her, seeing her froze that way. In second, it snapped Seohyun back to sense. She collected some information in her head about what is the What’s Up stand for. Then she went limp at the realization, as though her soul just gone.

 

What’s up? What did I say?” He acted fool in purpose exaggeratedly, torturing her even more.

 

Faintly, Seohyun responded, “Bad.. I haven’t completely memorize all the chords yet”

 

He cringed, “Eyy, it’s almost a month.” He sound somewhat disappointed and slowly entering the room, “Let me hear it then”

 

“Eh? but I-I haven’t fully memorize them” She went extremely panicky.

 

Yonghwa stopped his step, standing right in front of her and flashing a smile that somehow soothening, “It’s okay, just play the part you memorized, I’ll help the rest”

 

He reached for the guitar and handed it to her, giving her a smile, asking her to do as best as she can. Inhaling deeply, Seohyun took the guitar and the challenge. This is it, the final result of her effort practicing the chords the full month.

 

Meanwhile, Jihyo who is checking around the apartment, ready to sleep, stopped her movement from entering her room as she saw Seohyun’s room is still bright and the door opened. Curious, she decided to go check it. As she reached the doorstep, she peeked in. In a second, her eyes widened when she saw Yonghwa is inside, sitting next to the owner’s room to be exact, thinking like ‘What is he doing here?’

But both seems unaware of Jihyo’s presence since their back turned to her, facing to the window which lead the scenery outside precisely.

 

The sound of the guitar string started echoing the room. It amazingly creates beautiful sound combined with the dropping rain outside. A female voice finally cracked out, begin to sing in English, completed the beautiful element of the song. Jihyo shuddered at the scene in front of her eyes, at the feeling that suddenly popped up down her heart as her hand went to her chest, trying to ease the strong thumping inside. The past memories automatically played in her head. The memories she really tried hard to erase, but strangely, lately they often come into her mind. A tear finally drip from one of her eyes. Realized, Jihyo quickly turned off the scene, leaned her body against the wall next to the doorstep.

 

‘Why am I still crying?’

 

She wiped the tear, also her pooled eyes then decided to head to her room before she getting mellowed by the atmosphere. But before she move, once again she took a peek inside. This time a smile formed on her lips seeing the two. Seeing how lovely they seem just from the back. Seeing there’s exactly something different in the way Yonghwa gaze at Seohyun.

 

‘See.. I can tell from your eyes Yonghwa, that you have a feeling for my beloved niece after all’

 

----------------------

 

“Yonghwa, there’s something I need to ask to you, and I hope you will answer it honestly”

 

Yonghwa stopped from preparing the tea in the kitchen, surprised yet slightly speechless at the sudden confront in such early morning from Jihyo. She looks total serious either, so he inwardly gulped in anxious and  responded, “Y-yes, what is it?”

 

Jihyo approached Yonghwa even closer, almost like cornering him to the cabinet to be exact, making him even twitchy.

 

“Do you have a feeling for Joohyun?” Jihyo chosed to be blunt, asking him straight to the point. But the one she asked look completely surprised as the expression on his face changed rapidly into blank.

 

“I’m sorry to ask you this all of the sudden, but I’m just worried about my only niece”

 

There, her tone changed, she sounds worried. “You know, Joohyun told me a lot about you. I can tell that she has a feeling for you by that, even though she denied it at first. But one day, she come to me crying, told me that you are the guy she met that day ten years ago. The guy who enchanted her this whole time, that changed her days better. And its apparently you again, the guy she’s comfortable around with, the guy she fall for. I know it might sounds silly to believe that she’s been keeping the feeling remain same for ten years long, but she proved me that she is. I have no idea that she’s indeed innocently loyal type of girl”

 

Jihyo sighed as she ended the story, and about to say the last word while eyes remained glued to the floor.

 

“So here I’m asking you this. I just want to know the real feeling you have toward her, because I’m afraid she will be hurted more if you are just being nice for nothing all this time. I’m sorry, I just..”

 

“I love her..”

 

Jihyo’s eyes magnified in the flick of time at the sudden confession. Disbelieve of what she heard, she slightly gaped and quickly turned her face to him. There, she found the smiling Yonghwa right in front of her eyes. Yes, he flashed a smile ever so gentle.

 

“I have always loved her from that day, ten years ago. And this feeling remain the same up to this second. I love Seo Joohyun the whole my heart, and hurting her heart is the last thing I want to do”

 

Tears are pooling in Jihyo’s eyes right now as she stunned motionless in her position, staring at him. His confession, they feel undeniably earnest. His low husky voice, somehow showing her that he is serious. No words can explain how touched she is right now, seeing and hearing them all directly from Yonghwa. She’s like the happiest aunt live on earth now. What can she ask for more?

 

Yonghwa fixed his position, “So, please give us a blessing” And bent to her.

 

She perked, “Eh? Blessing?” Asked back, assuring her that she’s not misheard.

 

Yonghwa straightened his body back. A toothy smile came upon his face afterward.

 

----------------------

 

Silence prevail, only the tick-tocking sound of the clock could be heard around. Seohyun, who is the only person there has been sitting on the chair, ready for having breakfast for several minutes, waiting and wondering where the others gone to. Why is it so long for Yonghwa to prepare a tea, and why is it this long for her imo to only take a butter spreader in the kitchen?

 

She was about to move from her chair, but the loud clearing throat of a familiar female sound come from the kitchen stopped her. Yes, Jihyo playfully doing it nonstop, teasing her.

 

Seohyun curled her brows seeing her imo doing that way after she came back from the kitchen. It’s kinda creepy though. She then stole a glance to the guy behind her imo, who came back at the same time, as if asking him, ‘Do you know what’s going on with her?’.

 

But sniggered is the only answer she got which made her even more confused.

 

“W-where have you been, imo? Do you get the butter spreader?” Seohyun asked a bit stuttering. Still confused seeing the strange act of her imo who is smiling so wide alone like a fool right now while preparing the bread with a little dance.

 

 Jihyo changed her tone in aegyo, “I was in the kitchen,” then playfully lifted the butter spreader on her right hand, showing it to her, “and yes, here I got the spreader!”

 

A concern now clearly etched on Seohyun’s face, that she stopped herself from eating,

Imo are you okay? Are you sick or something?”

 

“See?” Jihyo’s tone changed again, startled her. “Becareful Yonghwa, she’s really worried a lot on people, that she even can’t tell whether I’m sick or happy with this expression” while the guy she pointed her finger to blurt out a laugh.

 

Ne?” Seohyun perked at Jihyo’s response also Yonghwa’s react just up, making her sinking even deeper in confuseness.

 

Jihyo now turned to Seohyun, flashing her the happiest smile she has. “I’m happy Seohyun-ah! Can’t you really tell this expression of how I’m happy right now?”

 

“Eh? B-but what makes you happy?”

 

“Because of you two!” She exclaimed, made the girl in front of her went blank for once more.

 

“How could you didn’t tell me that you guys dated already, so that I shouldn’t ashamed myself in the kitchen just now”

 

Surprised of how come she knew it, Seohyun turned her face to Yonghwa in a dash, confirming him. A nod along with a smile given by him as a confirmation.

 

“He told me everything back in the kitchen, that’s why it took so long for us being there. You know that I even investigated him, but it turned out that you guys already dating. How envious!”

 

Seohyun ducked her face down to the ground to hide her redden face while Yonghwa smiled at the words, “You should find one too then”.

 

“Ah, should I?” Jihyo playfully replied him, making a face. “But you know, your performance last night was so good, Seohyun-ah! So you’ve been practicing for this, now I know it” She turned to Seohyun this time.

 

“Eh, you saw it?” Seohyun seems surprised, yet flustered.

 

“Of course, it was pretty loud though.” Now she turned to Yonghwa, “Did you by the way the one who teach her playing guitar?”

 

Yonghwa scratched the back of his head, “Ah, I only taught her the basic of guitar key”

 

“He is so good, imo. An expert!” Seohyun instantly jumped in to the conversation, praising him.

 

Jinjja?” Jihyo slightly drop her jaw in disbelieve, “You should teach me some too then. I’d love to learn, also singing”

 

“Ah, I’m still far from expert. But maybe I can call over the real expert one here if you interest”

 

Nugu?”

 

“He’s my relative. He can play various instrument, a very good singing tutor, and he even dance well”

 

Jihyo awed by making a round mouth at the description of the person Yonghwa mentioned, same with Seohyun. She clapped in no time, “Decided! You should bring him over someday then, introduce us. I really want to learn from this genius guy!”

 

Yonghwa nodded in agreement, while Jihyo can’t believe herself she could be this excited to meet this guy, whose she think she can learn the music again like before.

 

Like used to..

 

----------------------

 

‘Honk-honk!’

 

Jihyo waved at them by the car window after drove them to the college. She playfully winking at Yonghwa before leaving, asked him to take care of Seohyun, causing him to smiling sheepishly while Seohyun cringed at the not-funny-sneaky act of her she just found.

 

Both heading for the class right away then, remembering that the first lecture will be start very soon.

 

“By the way, did you tell your mother where you were last night?” Seohyun asked as they walk, broke the awkward silence between them.

 

He clapped in the air, “Ah! That reminds me” and took out his handphone from the bag. “I haven’t turn my handphone on since last night.”

 

Ehh?” Seohyun looked surprise. “So you haven’t told your mom yet? She must’ve worried.”

 

He tilted his head a bit while hands fiddling to the phone, “Hmm, I don’t think so. We still didn’t talk much lately. So, I think even though I tell her, she wouldn’t too care about it”

 

Seohyun hit him on the arm, pouted, made the one she hit groaned in surprise. “How could you think so of your mother? Every mother will be worried if their son/daughter gone with no information, even when they’re in a fight. How will you gain her heart if you keep making distance like this?”

 

Ahrasseo-ahrasseo, Seo Joohyun­-ssi.” He apologized, sounds like a kid who regretted after being nagged by his mother. His focus got back to his handphone which keeps beeping, “Whoaa, the messages keeps coming in!”

 

He checked into the messages one by one, and stopped for a message that caused him to  snickered on his track. “Have you checked line group of our class?” He teasingly asked her.

 

Wae? Is there something important they posted there?”

 

Yonghwa didn’t answer, but gestured her to just check her handphone. So, she took it out from her bag, checked it elaborately. In seconds her face curled, looking shocked. She faintly protested on her track, while Yonghwa continued laughing. It was written that the lecturer for the first lecture his morning won’t be present today, so the next 2 hours will be free.

Both thinking the same. Why did they being so rushed to off to college this morning for nothing like this. But well, things already said and done.

 

Still snickering, Yonghwa returned the focus to his handphone, checking other messages. He scrolled down his inbox. But then his thumb stop moving at a message that caught his attention. He stopped from walking on his spot.

 

Seohyun realised his missing beside her, so she turned around in curious, finding the motionless Yonghwa.

 

Wae?

 

Yonghwa remained silent, eyes keep glued to the handphone screen. To the message he just read.

 

----------------------

 

‘Beep..’

 

‘Beep..’

 

‘Beep..’

 

It was a complete silence here in the hospital room number 203.  Only the beeping sound from the heart monitor could be heard around. Lee Minho was seen inside the room, lying weakly, still unconscious on the bed with a bandage on his head. Yes, since the accident yesterday he hasn’t recover, even conscious, made the girl who’s sitting beside him the whole night worried so much. Park Shinhye looks total pale. She didn’t consume a thing since last day nor leaving him alone in the room, but keep standby, waiting for any sign of his awake that might happen soon. Her eyes look swollen either, as the after effect of her much cried.

 

A sob.

 

She looked at his face with many thoughts flying in her mind, full of worried.

 

‘Sunbaenim.. Have you feeling better? When are you going to open your eyes?’

 

A sob.

 

‘If it’s not because of me.. You surely shouldn’t be lying here..’

 

 

----------------------

 


A/N :
Hey guys~ Have you been well? ^^)/

omg hahaa, it's been soooo long for me to update this story. Well, I was extremely hectic with college stuffs+the final exam this semester. But here finally I'm on a holiday *yaaay* so I try to collect the feel of the story back and write again :)
Hope you guys still remember the feel of the story too, cz well 4 months is not that short, kekeke~ XD
I'm intending to write frequently again from now on, please stay tune then :3

Thank youuu, xoxo~