Sheet - 4

Through Music

 

“Joohyun?”

 

That voice snapped her in no time, almost surprised her that she didn’t notice a person is actually standing there. She tilted her head, “Yonghwa-ssi?”

 

“Are you just got back from college?” He asked in curious, remembering that this is nearly night.

 

“Ah, yes. I was attending a club, can’t believe that it took so much time like this”

 

He giggled at her act, didn’t know that this next-seat-friend is pretty talkative.

“So, how about you?” She asked him back, avoiding the silence that might turned awkward.

 

“I just got back from walk a friend home”

 

Ah, yes she remember it. She was there seeing him and Shinhye chatted before she ended up spend the rest time with Jonghyun. Maybe they were planned about walk home together that time. But then, she shook her head to lose that unimportant thought again.

 

“Ah, I really like when rain comes”

 

Thump! Stuttered, she turned her head at him. Her nostrils is flaring too.

There she saw him look straight up to the sky while his hand reached out to playfully touch the rain. A never ending smile crept upon the guy’s face.

 

“Though they made us soaked hard like this” He continued, and chuckled at her who seemed literally stunned. He eyed her back with a worry look. “A-are you okay?”

 

But before she managed to answer it, a car stopped right in front of them, distract both attention.

 

“Yah Seo Joohyun, palli get in!” A woman that apparently her aunt shouted in worry sound as the car’s window slid down. Wow, she arrived faster than Seohyun thought after she sent her only a text to pick up at a café near her college.

 

She turned her face at him again and give him a look that as if saying ‘Then what about you?’

 

Yonghwa gestured his head towards the car  and flashed a wide smile at her as if saying ‘Gwaenchana yo’. “Go get in, Joohyun. You might catch a cold if you’re stay here longer. I’m gonna enjoy this rain a bit longer, so don’t mind me”

 

She giggled a bit, and gave him a small wave as a goodbye then run to the car immediately.

 

“You’re not coming with us? I could drive you home” Said aunt Jihyo loud at him who look so soaked. He shook his head with that never ending smile, “Kamsahamnida. But, I’ll stay here a bit longer to enjoy the rain. Don’t mind me and please drive safely”

 

She nodded and let out a smile, “Don’t get soaked more then. Enjoy your time, Joohyun chingu” She chuckled at the end of her words and drive off the car after saw him bowing mannerly.

 

“Who is that funny guy, Seohyun? A friend of yours?” Jihyo imo asked as she turned her head. Still giggling

 

Seohyun simply nodded, almost didn’t hear what her aunt just said. Her mind is diverted elsewhere somehow after what she heard awhile ago.

 

‘Now what? Another guy I suspected about whether is he the one I met that day just because he said he likes rain? Well, it’s not like there’s only one person that likes rain in this earth. And why am I this desperate to look for him? It was ten years ago, why am I still bothering it until now? This sounds crazy! I have to stop this ridiculous act’

 

--------------

 

“Ack!” Yonghwa exclaimed very loud at the rolled-paper he picked, look so pathetic as hand ran to his face. “Why do I have to be the only one guy in the team?”

 

It’s teaming-up time, a pick-the-random-paper one, to decide the team which will be consist of only three member each for today’s presentation assignment. The student realize that the risk is going to be tough, whether they will ended up being an only one girl or guy in the team or filled with girls or guys. And Yonghwa, apparently ended up being the only one guy in the team.

 

Yoona come closer to him, trailed by Seohyun. “Welcome aboard, chingu! I look forward for our great cooperation. Fighting!”

 

Then, each team off to their own decided place to discuss about the presentation assignment they got. For this team, group 3, they specially choose the library.

 

“Uhm, Yonghwa-ssi, could you please hand me over that paper?” Seohyun pointed at a paper near Yonghwa who seemed pretty bored with his laptop. Browsing. He hand it to her right away, but another thing made him uneasy.

 

“Eyy, you still use the honorific on me? We’re a classmate, Joohyun, for months already. Even a teammate now. You can drop it and talk comfortably”

 

M-mianhae..”

 

Yoona giggled at it, “She also call me that way at first. And I did surprised” Then she turned at her “You’re indeed different, Seohyun”

 

Yonghwa curled the brows and throw a glance at the girls. “Seohyun?”

 

Yoona leaned forward while nodding, “Yup! I call her that name since that day then. In order to make her comfortable around me. And it seems worked!” She laughed.

 

Seohyun faked a smile at the explanation, feeling embarrassed and secretly nudged Yoona’s arm to stop blabber around.

 

Yonghwa clapped his hand and smiled not long after “Keurae! From now on, I will also call you by Seohyun. So that will make us closer”

 

‘Eh?’ Seohyun surprised at his statement while Yoona laughed and gave him a high five.

 

“Or should I call you by Hyunnie~? Isn’t it cuter?” There, an aegyo burst out from him, made Yoona can’t help but laugh harder and Seohyun covered her whole face which got reddened at his silly act.

 

“Then what about me? What will you call me?” Yoona asked him as she managed to stop her laugh.

 

He put a finger on his chin and tapped there for several time as if he was in a deep thought with that pouted look, made the girls cringe teasefully at his so-called aegyo look.

 

“Yoonnie?” He ended his fake long thought, sound uncertain though as he tilted his head to the side, “Ah, that doesn’t suit you”

 

A tantrum threw by Yoona to him in a split second as she narrowed her pair of eyes at the state he said just now. But the girl next to her seemed enjoy the scene as she finally let out a laugh freely. With that, they continue the discussing time cheerfully, comfortably.

 

Yonghwa would unhesitatingly slipped in a joke between their serious discuss, made them can’t help but lure to it and burst to laugh. But, to throw a tantrum at that vagary of him would be a wrong thing. Because they admit it, that this Jung Yonghwa guy succeed melting the tense and awkward atmosphere among them and replace it with a warm and friendly one with his joke. And oh, can’t believe that this guy could blend perfectly with these girls.

So, why would he complained earlier about the rolled-paper he picked?

 

Until the next day of presentation, again, Seohyun was surprised by this guy as he finally spoke up in English to begin the presentation Yes, the team decided to use that world-language for their performance in order to get bigger score. Well, he might look so stubborn as the first impression seeing him, but today he showed another side of him which amazed her more. He’s not only a nice and funny guy who could melt the nuance, but he’s also apparently briliant in language subject.

 

Although Seohyun is also a smartie in this subject, but there’s something that she doesn’t have but he has. The accent. No wonder, Yoona was keep forcing him to be the moderator of this team, while he keep refuse to it. However, she succeed making her spoke up in agreement of it out of nowhere. So here today, their presentation went smoothly well, and Yonghwa really did a great part of this successful.

 

--------------

 

The presentation was over, and it was the last subject for today’s schedule too. So, everyone decided to go home or off to another place, leaving the class empty. A jet-black haired girl, Shinhye was seen walk through the corridor aim for home, alone. This time, Yonghwa couldn’t get back home together with her due to his band rehearsal schedule. But she’s cool with it, because she know that he cannot accompany her all the time.

 

But somehow, she felt uneasy on her way there. She felt like she’s being watched. Again.

 

Finally, she decided to turn her back, “Can you stop following me?” and looked so annoyed at the sunbae, named Lee Minho before her who apparently has a title ‘the college prince’ which given by the whole citizen of this university. Except her. Maybe.

 

“Aww, so you noticed me. Or did you already all these time?” He somehow felt disappoint yet happy at the noticing as he play the flirty expression on his face very well, like a professional actor.

 

“What do you want? I asked you for real, stop following me” Solemn expression and tone remained.

 

“Which one I should response? Your question, or your request?”

 

She rolled her eyes before she made her escape. But he intercepted it by his arm.

 

“Whoah, where you’re going, miss? Then how about me? Are you really going to ignore this handsome guy here?” He lifted one of his brows, bit his lower lip, create a captivating look of him while in mind he was thinking that this girl, seriously is playing a hard-to-get with him, while the other girl he ever met were usually would throw themselves on his arm easily with his killer charm. Well, that’s what made him attracted to her even more, just so she know.

 

“What do you want? Why are you keep following me?!” There, her voice were risen up.

 

“I just want to get to know about you more. That’s it” He replied casually, shrugged his shoulder while hands rose up.

 

“What do you want to know about me? I’m a student here, a second semester one, means a hoobae of you, then please treat me nice as one. There, I give you the information of mine”

 

He chuckled a bit, showing that sparkling white row of teeth he has “I am treating you nice. Nicer moreover. And that wasn’t the information I need. I’m looking for more” He said again, cleary this time.

 

Shinhye hissed, feeling disgust more at that somehow-blarney from him. Then she forcefully broke that arm-shield of him, made him pushed away and race to the lobby. Eyes filled up with tears. While Minho formed a smile on his lips as eyes fixed on that running girl.

 

‘I won’t give up easily on you, Shinhye. Wait for that day when you will faintly fall for me’

 

--------------

 

She finally managed to reach home before she burst to tears. There, she collapsed on her knees as tears firmly flew down to her cheek. Both arm hugged tight her folded leg when a name cracked up between her heavy sob.

 

“Yonghwa..”

 

A memory from old time is playing on her head. She flashed back in tears.

 

 ‘It was around first year of high school. When a girl began to look pretty in their age. So does Park Shinhye, she grew up into an adorably pretty girl. Well, all of her neighbor already predicted so since she was a kid. She has that long and straight black hair. A slender curves of body, a pair of clear eyes, a cute nose and small lips, in short a definition of a worth-look-of-girl-to-own. No wonder, some boys are attracted by her. And because of her shyness, the boys are getting interest in her to flirt around with. But these jerks made her afraid each time she went to school.

 

She hates being treated like that. She would like to protest or get mad at them, but unfortunately she couldn’t. She had no guts to do all the things which fly around her mind to stop this situation. All she could do was just avoid them by run or cry as she got back home. Somehow, she hate this side of her of being too coward.

 

Until one day, when a couple of guy, the most jerky one she ever met in her life approached her daringly. One of them was just flirt around like other boys did before at first, but as Shinhye tried to run and ignore him, she was blocked by the other boy. A hand of him land on her cheek, caressed it softly yet somehow full of lust. She startled at that suddeness, so she moved away. But the boy’s another hand was faster and held her wrist hard, made her couldn’t run away in pain. She started to let out a cry.

 

Thuck! Someone threw a pebble in huge enough size at that jerk, made him turned in a second with anger drawn on his face. He picked the pebble on the ground that hit him.

 

“Who the hell threw this damn pebble?!”

 

In b eyes, Shinhye look at the boy who stood not too far before her, buried both hands in the pocket calmly. His face somehow look so composed, like there’s no fear lies there. One of his brow rose as the other one curled.

 

“Are you fool?” He said boldly, “Is there any other person around?”

 

That jerk hissed in annoyance and run to him with a strong clenched of fist, aim for his pointed nose. But, that bold boy was faster, so he managed to halted the jerk action. A fight was unavoidable then. But thankfully, that bold boy won the round, though it left some clear bruised on his face.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

How could. How could this boy managed to show that so calm look, whereas those bloody bruised was scattered. She thought, still in brimmed eyes. But she finally gave him a weak nod.

 

Suddenly, the boy hit her head. Not a hard one but. “Why are you so weak? Do you loved being treated that way with those jerks?”

 

She shook her head weakly. The boy sighed, “Then don’t be. You have to be a strong and brave girl, ahrasseo?” He accentuated in a fatherly tone like.

 

Tears was unable to kept anymore when she heard those words. It somehow soothed her. Really really soothed her.

 

“Eyy, why are you crying now?” He hit her head again, like a brother scold at her little sister. “Wipe your tears off. You look ugly like that, you know”

 

She hitched between her heavy sob, tried to held the laugh that might came out at that silly word from him. And that time, finally she recognized who this boy was after took some second observing his somehow-familiar look. His name was Jung Yonghwa, and apparently a boy from her class. He said that, it wasn’t his first time seeing her being treated that way.

But this time, he couldn’t just stare there. It was like a situation he unexpectedly saw when he made his way back home.

 

 So then, since that day and since both are from the same class, they’re getting closer each day. Yonghwa would unhesitatingly remind her to always be strong and brave. Don’t cry in that kind of situation. Face it with head up.

But it was not an easy thing to do for Shinhye. So, Yonghwa would stay around her like a brother to her. Hit her head playfully when she’s crying and being too coward again, and cheer her back with some motivated words.

 

But as the time being, who could guarantee that there was no any feeling develop among them? Because, they have been together so close since secondary high school, up until now, in their second semester of college, they have always been in the same school and even now, same university. Secretly, Shinhye had been crushing on him since that time. But it was too vague to admit that she’s in love that time. Until she’s in her high school era, she felt certain of this feeling.

 

The feeling she never confessed to him all this time together. Again, she’s being too coward to tell. Too afraid to lose him because of it precisely’

 

“I will never cry no more.. I will be brave and strong like you always told me to be..” She told herself in a shaky voice.

 

“So please.. Don’t go.. Don’t leave me, until I can stand on my own..”

 

--------------

 

Author’s Note :

Hi thereeeee~ :D
So, its already on the 4th chap. How was it so far? Can you guys guess what would happen soon? Or how this story will ended up like? :D I also wanna give you guys a hint, that this story might be a long one, but not that long either. Kkk~ So, enjoy reading then ^^)/ Let’s see what would happen soon or later. Because some unexpected thing might happen. Kkkk~

 

Last but not least, thank you so much for subscribing and upvote this story. It really means a lot for me :3 And.. Comment juseyoo :'v It'd means a lot for me, especially to continue this story better~ :'D