Sheet - 15

Through Music

 

It’s been few days since Seohyun has started avoiding Yonghwa since that day on. Everytime their eyes met, she would quickly turn her head away.  Her act towards him has been so cold and total different. Everytime they met on the hallway or wherever it is on the college, she would quickly duck her head and walk passed him, trying to avoid him as much as possible.

She also answered only the college stuff topic, while when Yonghwa asked or tried to talk to her about other things, she will quickly cut the words, acted like she’s not hear it or escaping away.

 

But today, to his complete surprise, Seohyun moved her sit to the front of the class, which is not any longer next to him. This, made him total confused and angry. It’s already too much he felt. Like what is his fault? Why did Seohyun avoid him as if he had a somekind of deadly virus? Did he say something wrong to her? Or did he do something wrong that make her mad so much to the point she don’t even want to look at his face?

 

Thinking back the last thing he did to her, he remember the day when he was about to confess his feelings for her, Shinhye unexpectedly called him in a desperate call and he quickly went to her, making Seohyun waiting alone in the place where they supposed to meet.

 

Something must have happened then, and of course he really feel guilty and sorry for making her waiting alone, it was raining anyway, so she must be felt cold. The thought of her getting colder and alone in raining day making him feel guilty all over again. He really want to text her ‘sorry’ again, but it would be like usual, there won’t be any reply from her. Even if he keep spam her with his ‘sorry’ text (which he almost did), she won’t reply his text. He doubt she would even read it anyway. He pocketed his phone back, and leaned on his chair, closing his eyes. The class has long ended, his friends including Seohyun were already gone outside and there won’t be any class anytime soon so he’s free for a while. Thinking the thing that has been bothering him for the past few days.

 

Why Seohyun?’ He thought, ‘Why are you avoiding me? What is actually happening that I don’t know? And how would I know if you’re not even speak a thing about this’

 

He grunted in frustation and rubbed his hair, making it messy. He couldn’t take it anymore. All these avoiding and silent things have been stressing him out. He couldn’t just sit there alone and just thinking while doing nothing. He have to make a move.

 

That’s it! I’m gonna approach her and make her talk! If she run away then I have to after her. We need to clear things out!’ He thought determindedly, putting his things into his bag and rose from his chair. He then went outside, hoping to found Seohyun.

 

“Yonghwa-ssi!”

 

The sudden call stopped him from walking, and he automatically turned to where the voice come from. Yonghwa instantly gave a cynical look when he realized the one who greeted him is Lee Minho sunbaenim. The guy who has been pestering over Shinhye.

 

Minho approach him, though it is actually a hard thing for him to to do it, remembering that he is a sunbae in this case. But his curious towards Shinhye seems bigger than his ego, so he took a few steps closer after contemplanting his decision, approaching the hoobae.

 

“You’re Jung Yonghwa, right?” Minho chose to frankly guess his name.

 

“Yes. What is it?”

 

Rapidly, the expression on Yonghwa’s face changed followed by the voice tone. He seemed annoyed by his coming. If Minho didn’t remember his main purpose for doing this, he might drowned in anger right now seeing a hoobae acted this way to him.

But once again, he against his ego so hard, tried his best to calm down and continuing the talk.

 

“Ah, I’m sorry for the last time. Our meeting wasn’t very pleasant,” He planted a friendly smile on his face, also acted like one, hoping it will help to break the ice among them.

 

He then continued, “But this time, I wish to have a good talk. So, can we have a minute?”

 

----------------------

 

The Math Club members were all walking down the hallway after attending their weekly meeting this afternoon. All of them are planning to head back home from here, so they decided heading to the front gate together. It was a pretty exhausting meeting for them. For their brain to be exact. Kyuhyun gave them some test which totally drained their energy. It was also nearly insane, that he gave them those problems around 100 numbers. Well no wonder this math club doesn’t has many member, seeing the weekly meeting is all blow your mind.

 

But then ahead, something caught Seohyun attention when she turned her head, slowing her move. She saw a very familiar guy walking towards their direction. A two-tone colored hair, a fringe, and a pair of clear eyes. It’s him. It’s Yonghwa. Panic automatically crawled over her. But then, The Everlasting Leader stopped his pace all of sudden, followed by the others.

 

His eyes magnified, also his mouth “Ah! My note was left in the room. Aish, how can I forget taking it from the locker”

 

“I’m going back to the room then, you guys can go home first”

 

Kyuhyun turned around, ready to return when the others agree on that.

 

Sunbaenim,” Seohyun stepped him closer, stopped his pace. Kyuhyun face her, raised his brows while Seohyun gulped before finally stating, “let me go get it”

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes flickered, he obviously looked surprised “It’s pretty far, you might exhaust—“

 

“No, it’s okay” She cut the words, “P-please wait here a minute”

 

Seohyun race back to the club’s room without wasting anymore time, looking so rush. Kyuhyun find it strange to be honest. First, since when Seohyun help him. Second, why she needed to be that rush while he didn’t asked her to be quick.

 

But then, when he turned his head a bit, he saw Yonghwa walking to his direction with eyes fixed on the phone he hold. Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes at the sight.

 

‘Did she rushed back because of him?’

 

But apparently he turned to another hallway.

 

Sunbae, where did you said your note was?” The club’s secretary asked him, broke his thought and get his sense back.

 

“It’s in the locker. Why?” He answered.

 

The secretary showed a confused look, then digging up her pocket to finally lifted up something, showing it to him.

 

“But the locker key is with me”

 

----------------------

 

Seohyun was looking for the locker key all over the room, but she can’t find it anywhere. She felt stupid acting so panic that way, ‘What were the sunbaenims and members thought?’.

She supposed to asked their first where the locker key was. But seeing Yonghwa all of sudden walking to her direction, she just can’t help but to panic. She needs to avoid him, because that way she will slowly get over him.

 

“Are you looking for this?”

 

Seohyun gasped weakly at the sudden voice. She turned around to found Kyuhyun is standing there by the threshold, showing her the key she’s looking for on his hand.

 

“Why were you so rush?” He chuckled, then coming in aiming for the locker, walk passed through her. “Don’t you remember, Yoorae is the key keeper of our club’s room. You should’ve asked her first before rushed here”

 

“Mianhae yo..” Seohyun apologized, then mentally cursed herself for her previous silly act. Just as she thought, the sunbaenims must be found her weird and thought things. In short, she really felt embarrased.

 

“You’re avoiding him, weren’t you?”

 

Seohyun’s shoulder went stiff, which went noticed by Kyuhyun as he take it as a sign that he was right.

 

“Don’t think I didn’t notice it, Joohyun. I saw Yonghwa, he was right there. Your sudden change of expression, and act of unusual clumsiness. It was so obvious, that you’re avoiding him” Kyuhyun held a pause, “But you still like him.. Right?”

 

If anything, Seohyun’s silence is another sign that once again, he’s right. Kyuhyun sighed weakly before finally turned around, face her straight.

 

 “Why are you still liking him, Joohyun? Didn’t I tell you that he’s already has a girlfriend? Please don’t ruin their relationship by trying to take away the guy from his girlfriend. That’s not a good thing, and I bet you realized it already. So, what’s the point of still keeping that feeling for him? No matter what, it’s impossible for you two to become one. Or unless, you’re intending to steal him away from her”

 

“No, I’m not!” Seohyun made a quick response at the last words he said. It was a quite emotional response she made as she duck her face with eyes started to filled with tears. Since that day, this topic became so sensitive on her. She was about to speak up another thing, but Kyuhyun seemed to made it first.

 

“I know you won’t. I just want you to know, to at least cheer you up. Believe me, there are lots of better guy out there for you. You just should give a chance to open up your heart for someone new who would spend their quality time with you, care about you, loving you, share the same interest with you, completed you,” There was a pause for seconds, “Like me.”

 

Seohyun felt something strange about his words just up. She curled her brows a little then lift up her head. There she saw Kyuhyun gaze suddenly changed. He looks so serious staring to her teary eyes.

 

Saranghaeyo, Joohyun”

 

Silence prevails right after the words just said. She couldn’t say anything but shock at his sudden confession. Like her instinct all this time about his weird act were right. There has been something different in the way of his act toward her. And today, he himself confessed it to her with no sign.

 

Kyuhyun slowly took a step forward, come her closer and ended up stood right in front of her, “I love you Joohyun. I’ve been put my heart on you since the first time you registered in to our club. I felt since then there something different about you. And the more I spend time with you, I can’t believe myself that the more I want to treasure you. So please, would you give me that chance to know you better. To fix your heart and filled it better with the best I can”

 

Seohyun was still froze on her spot. This situation totally got her head an ache, like this is so complicated and why should be even happening? She’s feeling like escaping away, but she know it's impossible. It’s too coward, to run from reality.

 

“I know I really stupid for still being like this. But I can’t lie that my feeling.. In my heart now, I still can’t completely get over him” She held a paused, “I’m sorry, I can’t..”

 

“I know, I know it’s a bad timing. It’s my fault, so please don’t answer it right now too. I’ll give you some time to think”

 

“But I still can’t—“

 

Kyuhyun spread both of his hands, “No no no, I won’t listen to it. I just want you to think about my words carefully, okay.” Kyuhyun lifted his hand which held a note, “I already got what I look for here, I take my leave first then”

 

Kyuhyun then made his way out after gave the key to her by putting it on the table and leaving Seohyun who remained standing still in the room. She didn’t follow him, because there’s something bothering her.

 

‘Why is sunbaenim keep insisting that Yonghwa is Shinhye’s boyfriend, as if he really know their relationship. Whereas Shinhye told me herself the other day that he is honestly not. What is he trying to do actually?’

 

----------------------

 

Tap tap tap.

 

Shinhye was seen looking down the street in a broad daylight. She just got back from the college and heading nowhere. It has been very different days lately. Her mood remained the same, gloomy, like nothing can cure it except things change. She can talk with Yonghwa again.

 

For once more, she’s walking while her mind flied somewhere, thinking of something that bothered her.

 

‘Keurom, can you leave him for me?’

 

For some reason Seohyun suddenly looked confuse, ‘What are you saying? Why are you scared that I will take him away from you. Aren’t you both dating?’

 

Shinhye frowned at her response, but then she word up in a low tone, ‘No.. We’re not’ she paused, but during that time she could see the rapid change of expression on Seohyun’s face. She looked really surprised, made her even getting confuse.

 

‘Have you.. Have you been thinking that we are all this time?’

 

Seohyun was froze with eyes wide open for seconds but then to her surprise. She nodded in silent..

 

The conversation between her and Seohyun two days ago keep repeating like endlessly in her head. Shinhye couldn’t believe that Seohyun actually has been thinking that Yonghwa is actually belongs to her. But the thing she disbelief the most was her answer remained the same when she finally know that Yonghwa is not her boyfriend. She would still leave him.

 

Hoooonnkk!!

 

Shinhye snapped out of her thoughts when she heard a loud honking noise ahead. She looked up and froze on her spot at the sight of a black car that was about to hit her. Her soul feel like it’s going to be taken away, and her mind went blank.

 

“Shinhye look out!!”

 

In a flash, something pushed her hard to another side of the road, making her fell abruptly to the ground with a painful grunt. The last thing she saw was a tall figure with a familiar face before her head hit the road and her vision blurred into darkness.

 

Loud voices calling out to her, hands gently patting her shoulder, she could feel eyes on her, people looming over her. She feel numb, couldn’t feel her body. The only thing she could feel is her throbbing head and her thumping heart. What just happened?

 

“Miss, are you alright? Can you hear me?”

 

“Someone, call an ambulance!”

 

“Is there any doctor here?! He’s losing so much blood!”

 

“Carry her! Quickly!”

 

Voices keep ringing in her ears. Gasps and worried whispers, murmurs and shouts, even engines stopping and honking vehicles. Shinhye was about to open her eyes slowly when she felt hands holding her, carrying her carefully to the side of the road. She hissed when she felt something pressed on her left arm making it sting painfully. Her eyes finally fluttering opened, and greeted with blinding light of the sun. Her vision was blurred, everything seems vague. The only thing she can make out is the person who was pressing something painful to her left arm. The person was saying something, asking something. But she can’t hear them clearly, so she just rubbed her eyes, and standing slowly. Her mind progressing what did just happen to her?

 

She can’t remember it clearly. She was just thinking about Seohyun’s words, walking on the side of the road, when suddenly there was a loud honk from a black car that was coming towards her. And then, a voice called her. A somehow familiar voice. Before she could even turn to the voice’s owner, something-or someone pushed her hard aside and everything went blank.


Someone, that is disturbingly familiar.

 

She clutched her head, trying to remember clearly the vague memory of the figure and their voice. That voice.. that voice.. could it be—?

 

No, of course not. That’s ridiculous. There’s no way that the person who just saved her is—

 

Her eyes widened. Even with still slightly blurred vision, she could see the person’s face when they was carried into the ambulance. Even with all the blood on their face, she could recognize its owner.

 

It’s Minho. Lee Minho.

 

The Minho that always gets on her nerve everytime he flirts with her. The Minho that always creeps her out by stalking her. The Minho that always full of himself just because of his good-looking face. The Minho that just confess to her few days ago.

 

It’s the Minho that just saved her life.

 

Tears start pooling on Shinhye’s eyes. She couldn’t believe this. She couldn’t believe what she just saw. Minho got run over by a car, because he saved her. It should have been her who got hit by the car, but he saved her. And now, he’s getting into the ambulance.

 

Because of her.

 

Shinhye ran to the ambulance, forcing her way into the almost-closed door of the vehicle. She couldn’t contain her tears anymore when she look inside. The sight of unconscious Minho, laying there  badly injured, his temple wrapped with a blood stained bandage, and there’s cuts and bruised all over his body. It could have been her who would be in this condition, if only Minho didn’t save her.

 

She clutched the side of the bed, staring at Minho’s helpless face with tears flooding down her cheeks.

 

Why?

 

“Minho sunbae! Please..!”

 

Why did you save me?

 

“Sunbae! Please wake up!”

 

Why is it always you?

 

“Sunbae! Please.. I beg you!”

 

Are you really.. that care about me?

 

“Sunbaaeeee!!”

 

Why me?

 

----------------------

 

It is a fine evening. The streets are quiet from crowd or the sound of cars skidding through the road. The air feels good too, as the sky is painted with gradient of black and orange which clearly indicating that the sun is on its way to stop shining the land. The clouds are almost covering the whole sky though, mean it’s going to be rain anytime soon.

 

Seohyun is walking down the street, heading home after spending her time in the college’s library. Her eyes scanned aimlessly around, seeing random trees, shops and things. But then they stop when something caught her attention. There are some high schoolers playing a song in the streets, with a guitar accompanying along their voices. Her lips unconsciously formed a smile at the song they sing.

 

It’s the What’s Up song.

 

Seohyun can’t help but to enjoy their music as it also sounds good, so she slowly lifted her hand, posed them in certain position then move her fingers as if she’s playing a guitar. She pretty memorized the chords since the song is the one she’s currently learning. She closed her eyes and her smile growing a little. It seems like she almost memorized every notes on the song. It somehow opened up the bliss memory from days ago.

 

In the same second, Jung Yonghwa spotted walking towards her direction from a turn. It seemed like he’s been head back home late nowadays, taking care of something in the college. When he finally turned his vision from the phone he held and caught her ahead, his pace got slower. He saw Seohyun, standing there while hands gesturing something familiar.

Perk. Yonghwa stopped on his spot as soon as the recognize it. She’s no other than gesturing play a guitar.

 

He soon followed to where she’s facing to, and noticed a group of highschoolers who were singing together. One of them playing the instrument Seohyun is imitating. Another perk. When he came a bit closer he noticed something undoubtfully familiar about the song.

Yes, it’s clearly the ‘What’s Up’ song.

 

Thoughts started to pile up his mind.

‘You’re avoiding me, facing me like a stranger, treating me like a person infected by a deadly virus, but you’re now playing the song I requested you to master it with that smile on face. You’re enjoying it so much that you can’t lie about it, so what are you aiming to do actually, Seo Joohyun?’

 

He then proceed with a quicker pace this time, but a bit surprised to see Seohyun didn’t notice his presence, so he shouted hard.

 

“Seohyun!”

 

Seohyun surprised even inwardly hitched hearing the shout that she even spontaneously stopped from playing. She went stiff in panic without even took a glance at who’s calling her behind. Just by hearing the voice, she already recognize its owner. The only voice that could beat her heart so fast.

 

Tap tap tap.

 

Gasp! Her ears cleary caught those footstep sounds, coming over in a pretty fast steps. Seohyun quickly moving her legs as she felt the blood rushed throughout her body. She’s walking away in a big pace, acting as if she didn’t hear the call nor the footsteps.

 

Tap tap tap tap!

 

The footsteps gotten faster and she can clearly heard it, so she fastened her steps too while down her heart she’s wishing hard for him not to after her as she shut her eyes tight.

 

But the person seemed faster, he caught her, grabbed her by the arm, halted her pace then pulled her around to meet his face, “Why are you running away?”

 

There, she finally found his eyes. Her heart skipped a beat at them and the nearness. But she snapped quickly and looked away.

 

“W-what run? I’m not running away. I-I’m in a hurry” She innocently asked back, ignoring or unaware that he is shuddering inside.

 

Yonghwa cringe at the answer. She’s obviously lying. She was enjoying the acoustic song earlier, and quickly walked away when he called out.

 

“You’re a horrible liar, you know that” He shifted, “Why are you avoiding me?”

 

Her eyes remain glued to the ground, “W-what are t-talking about? I’m not avoiding you” Yonghwa clearly noticed it, that she avoiding his gaze while answer it, so he challenged her.

 

“See me in the eye, and say it again then”

 

There was seconds for her to think. Thinking hard for what should she do? Her heart still beating like crazy that she can’t denied she’s in the state of panic and nervous right now. But she knew she can’t be like this. He might found out her panic, so she collect some courage to finally see him in the face, meet his gaze. The gaze she actually missed so bad to look. Those gaze, the one which weaken her heart the most.

 

“I’m not avoiding you. Now let go off my hand, I need to go”

 

Seohyun was trying to let his grip off her wrist, but Yonghwa held it even tigher instead and pulled her a bit closer. Her breath hitched by the action.

 

“No, we need to talk”

 

Seohyun fought hard to let his grip off, “I have nothing to say”

 

But Yonghwa tigher his grip, not letting her go even an inch.

“Then just listen!” He shoot an anger.

 

Seohyun went froze in instant at the shot. She went speechless seeing him that way for the first time. His eyes, looking straight sharply at her. Both fell in a silence for seconds before Yonghwa finally broke it first, “Why are you doing this to me? At least you should give me a chance to talk, is that hard? I know you’re doing this on purpose, but why?”

 

Seohyun remained silent, looked indifferent. Not even a word spoken out from . She might look contend from the outside, but actually she’s extremely trembling inside. Yonghwa took a chance from the silent to step forward, get her closer.

 

Saranghaeyo.. Seo Joohyun,”

 

He confessed ever so gently that skipped her heart a few beats, froze her. She noticed that his voice tone changed, also his gaze. The previous angry looking face faded, replaced by the gentle look of him, make the drumming beats in her heart going endless.

 

“I was going to confess you that day. I prepared everything so well and expecting the same. I’m sorry if I making you wait for too long, there was apparently something I need to took care of first all of sudden. But when I finally arrived, all that I saw was only you being hugged by Kyuhyun sunbae, then you both quickly came in to the taxi then drove off before I could even stop you.” Yonghwa said quietly, his mind replaying those hurtful memory of the day his plan went fail.

 

Seohyun ducked her head, unsure what to say. Yonghwa take her silent as a sign to go on.

 

“You’ve drastically changed since that day on. So tell me what was actually on earth happened that day until made you like this? Or.. Is there anything related to Kyuhyun sunbae with this? Did he say something, or did you two—“

 

“We’re not..” Seohyun finally spoke out, breaking her long silent.

 

“I was waiting for you to come too.. It didn’t matter if the air is getting colder. I was actually worried about you more, worried that you might trapped in the rain because it was downpour that day. But then Kyuhyun sunbaenim came not long after. He told me that you won’t come, no matter how long I waited, you won’t come, ‘cause he said that you were visiting your girlfriend.. Shinhye-ssi”

 

Yonghwa’s eyes widened, “Wait what?! But she’s not my girlfrie—“

 

“I know.. I know.. I met her the other day, and she told me everything include that you two actually not together like the rumour said. She corrected it. But there’s another thing that making me need to be like this,” Seohyun closed her eyes, then lift her head before finally meeting his gaze.

 

“She really needs you, Yonghwa..”

 

Silence prevail on Yonghwa as the words said. He can’t deny that he surprised.

 

“You know that I found her so messed that day, that she even almost got hit by car because she was spacing out while walking. Her mind was terribly thinking of something. And the only talk we had after the accident was just all about you; how you have been protect her from bad guys all this time being, how you had cure her phobia of guys, how you get her smile back and keeping it on her face up until now, and how she wants me not to take you away from her. The person who is important for her. I just can’t see her in pain like that.

I somehow can feel how in despair she is,” She let out the breath she’d been holding in.

 

“That’s why..” She let go off his hand slowly, “I’m sorry I can’t”

 

Seohyun tried hard to muffled her cry as she took few steps back and walked away from him, leaving him alone in the cold street under the gloomy sky. Yonghwa went froze at the words. It somehow drained his energy to the lowest, making him can’t even move his finger. He’s absentminded. He wordless of all the sudden. He could only stare at Seohyun, the girl of his love, walking away from him, further and further as each seconds passed. The further she walk, the more breaking his heart is.

 

After all the days he’d spent just to wait for her. After all the patience he’d been holding just to wait for the right time. After all this time he finally realized his true feeling.

Is it really has to end this way?

 

No.’

 

Yonghwa stated it deep in his heart, assuring himself as her image is getting further.

 

‘Just no..’

 

There’s no way he would let her go away just like that. There’s no way he would lose her that easily. The image of her playing in his head right now. Her laugh, her smile, her eyes, her voice, her similarities, her motivating words, her kindness, her care, her all..

There’s no way he would lose a girl like her. The one he certain he needs in life.

 

“But I need you more, Seo Joohyun!!”

 

Thump!

 

Seohyun stopped dead on her track. Her pace were halted by the previous exclamation. For split of seconds she was surprised hearing it as her eyes spontaneously magnified. Her body trembling all of sudden. The words totally weaken her to the most to continue from walking.

 

Yonghwa slowly made a way to her. There was a hesitation, but now he is certain about his decision. He will finish it all here, nothing left hanging no more. He won’t force her though, but at least he wants her to listen to his feelings first. He wants to hear the clear explanation or reason if she refuse him. He will take any of her final answer.. As long as it’s clear and make sense.

 

Each step he takes gives him a new rush of thrill through his body, a renewed energy and determination, a new reason for him to be sure about the choice he made since long time ago.

 

Step.

 

‘ I thought that the flutters in my heart would just subside as the time went by..’

 

Step.

 

I thought that after some time had passed, it would be easy for me to leave her..’

 

Step.

 

I thought that I could divert my eyes away from her, not to put my gaze on her..’

 

Step.

 

But no matter how hard I argued with it, the truth still remain where I stood..

 

 

I love her..’

 

Brug.

 

There are few beats of silence wrapped them. Seohyun’s couldn’t hide her shock when she found Yonghwa embrace her tight from behind. She stood stiff as his warmth engulfed her. Her heart is thumping like crazy.

 

“What if I’m the one who’s fragile? What if I’m the one who’s breaking like her? And what if it’s me the one who terribly needs someone like she does? Will you stand for me like you stand for her right now?”

 

The tears started to pooled up her eyes in no time as the words said, but she remained froze.

 

“I love you Seo Joohyun.. And I really need you..” He stated so gently, making her heart beat even faster. And his shattering voice totally breaking her right now.

 

“I know it sounds too fast for me saying it. But to tell you truth, 10 years ago, when we first met, I was already enchanted by you since then. It was too vague for me to admit it, but there was a pleasant and joy feeling that I can’t lie nor denied when I met you. You were the first stranger who appreciate my music. You showed me that my music could cheer people, like I always wanted, and it somehow gave me a spirit to continue my music.

Miraculously, 10 years later we meet again. And yes, before I knew you are the same girl from that day, for once more I fall for you in a way that I myself can’t explain. And when things finally revealed, and when I spent times with you more, I found another things in you I can’t let go. You realized me.. You woke me up, opened up my eyes and heart about dream, about my parents that I believe I won’t realized it myself. You have something that I didn’t see in other girls I’ve met. Since that day you have been contribute so much in my life. It was you 10 years ago. And even up until this second.. It is still you”

 

A glimmer of moisture glistened on her rosy cheek. Yes, the pool of tears she’s been muffled hard finally cracked. She let it fell swiftly down to her face as the words had spoken. It’s like all those lonesome years, all those days of mystery finally answered today, this second.. Right now. She’s not being one-sided. She’s not the only one that feeling this blissful feel. She’s not the only one who has been desperately looking for each other. They have been all the same these years.

 

“It has been always you too..”

 

Perked.

 

He could feel a thrill down his heart at the words. He went blank of all the sudden, like it felt so unreal to heard what he just heard.

 

“You’ve changed the darkness days of mine, and replaced it with much brighter one without you’re willing to. You introduced me to music, to the one I apparently have been seeking for to painted up my days. You realized me that this world isn’t as gloomy as I take it to be. You make me undeniably happier than before in many ways I can’t tell. The day you first impressed me with your music 10 years ago. The days I surprisingly long to meet you again. The days we finally met, and spent time together. I’ve fell for you since the beginning. This feeling remain the same. Remain unchanged. It has been always you, even up to this second.. It’s only you”

 

For few seconds, Yonghwa suddenly lost the ability to contend with what she just said. He could feel the of emotion that unexpectedly brought tears to his eyes. His embrace slowly loosened too, before finally he put his hands on her shoulders and turned her around. His eyes peered into her eyes deeply.

 

“W-wait, y-you are— Y-you’re not lying, right?” His lips felt heavy as he stuttered in disbelief of what he just heard. Their eyes locked, seeing each other deeply.

 

She shook her head and smiled tenderly between her sob, “Nado saranghaeyo, Yonghwa

 

In no time, Yonghwa pulled her back in his embrace. He hugged her tight like too afraid she would run away again, but now he know that she won’t. To finally hearing the truth right from , it feels like someone pulled out a dagger from his heart. The of current emotion can’t help but brimmed his eyes with tears.

 

“But how about Shinhye-ssi?” Seohyun asked hoarsely in his embrace, snapped him. “I don’t want to hurt her. She really loves and needs you. I don’t want to see her breaking again. I can’t see her like that. I’m not allowed to be happy over her cries..”

 

“Seohyun listen,” Yonghwa let go off the embrace, grabbed her upper arm and see her in the eyes deeply, “Don’t torture your own heart. It’s good to care about people, but if it’s by hurting yourself to care them, it’s totally wrong. It’s no longer a good deed”

 

“I know, but—“

 

“Now I’m asking. How many hearts you intend to save? One or two?” He asked, but Seohyun seemed to be still scared for stating something, so he continued. “If you choose her, you will only save one. If you choose me,” He leaned closer, “You’ll save two. You’ll save the heart of us”

 

He’s right. If she choose Shinhye, it’s true that she’ll save her heart. But instead, she’ll break Yonghwa’s and also hers. And she’s thinking in her mind about withstanding this kind of situation. Staying apart from Yonghwa by keep avoiding him, no talk, no interact just like a total stranger or even total enemy, can she bear it all, like for years? It’s seemed complicated to be like that too even if he is just a friend.

 

“Besides, I met a guy who care for her so much today” Yonghwa continued, and the first line really curious her, “He came to me himself, to even ask about her background, including why I could become so close with her. From the talk, I’m feeling certain about him that he is a good guy, and will be a good one for her. I’ll set things to make her know him soon”

 

Yonghwa held her shoulders, assured her as his eyes were holding hers, “So please don’t be worry. She’ll be fine.. You’ve care so much for her, now you need to care about yourself too.

 

Seohyun smiled and nodded at the words. It sounds totally comforting. A soft assuring words that there’s nothing to be worry about. A trusted guarantee that everything is alright. And she believes in him, without a single doubt. Yes, she’s certain now.

 

Yonghwa replied her smile as they lock their gaze. He pulled her back into his arms then, hugged her tigher, assuring her again to don’t be worry about it. His warm embrace giving her strength and comfort, so she slowly lifted her arm and encircled it around him as the tears of bliss now the one that fell swiftly on her rosy cheek. They stayed that way for God only knows how long, cherishing the moment that finally come, that they have been hold back all this time.

 

 

Finally..

This is the start of something new..

This is the start of something beautiful..

The start of something we won’t regret..

 

And you, are the start of that something ..

And you, are the start of that something ..

 

 

 

Author's Note :

Hi guys~ Sorry for the long wait. I've been so hectic with college's stuff and things these days, but here I updated a long chap one to redeem it. Hope you guys like it! ^^)/
By the way, can't believe it's already reach the 15 chap. Thanks all for subscribing and upvoting the story, I appreciate so much~
As a clue, the story it's not over here yet.. It's just about to begin to be exact :) So, hope you guys would still keep reading it and I hope I would keep updating frequently. More upvotes and comments would make my day, kekeke :D Thaaankk youuu~

 

Let's meet again on the next chap of.. Through Music