Sheet - 1

Through Music

“Through music.. I found you”

             

Drizzle still pouring down Zurich this afternoon. Making the road at some places of this biggest city in Switzerland stay silence from its crowded of citizen. Yeah, at condition like this people prefer sleeping to doing any activity. But not for a girl who lives in an classic apartment near the main road. Seo Joohyun, or let’s we call it just Seohyun, a korean girl who already stayed in this city since she was kid. Her dad who is a head accounting of a big west company made Seohyun and her mom has to moved here too. But, her nationality is still Korea.

 

Since secondary high school, Seohyun had through her education in Switzerland, automatically her ability of foreign language is no need to be asked. But, instead of language she’s more into mathematics. Yes, not far from her dad who is a success accountant, her only daughter also inherit his cleverness on that numbering field. So many achievements she had got on this field. Make both of her parents so proud of her and wanted her to focus study on it.

 

Now, this long-haired girl already enter her second semester of college. Beforehand, in the first semester, Seohyun got a suggestion from her academic advisor to move her college to K University. Where she said that the accounting department there is very recommended and proved. Indeed, there’s no doubt for this place which got the 1st  rank in Korea of business university.

 

Finally, in the beginning of her second semester, Seohyun decided to back to Korea. A country where she was born. What about her parents? Of course they will fully support her as long as it related for her education of numbering.

 

And now her room is filled with big pack of bags which will ready for her to bring back to Korea.

 

Huft..” She exhaled her breath steadily as she wiped the sweat that covering her forehead, “Finally, its finished!”

 

She got up from the floor to reach a pinky drawer on the corner of her room.

She take out a mini book filled with her note of ‘things to bring’ and her departure tomorrow.

 

Her eyes faced the ceiling, “Hmm, tomorrow I will completely back to Korea, huh? How will it feel like? Though I know, Korea is the place where I born, but still, I have no much memory carved there” She thought in her heart.

 

Zurich International Airport, Switzerland.

Today’s weather seems better than yesterday. No rain, or hot air, makes the feeling of her who already sit on the passenger seat turned good. Her hand still busy type a message for her mom.

 

Alright mom, I’m already packed all the things I need. All the important books also in. Besides, I will back to my origin, not the other one, so I’m sure that soon or later I will adapt well and feel comfort there”

 

Well, its normal for her mom to be worried, besides because of Seohyun is her only daughter its also because this going to be the first time for her to live alone in a long period, that even she herself don’t know is she going to stay there forever or not.

 

In short, the plane she is in take off. She put her palm on the window. Her eyes focus seeing thing out there that looks getting far from seen.

Yeah, she completely leave that city, that country that already carved lots of memory in her mind. ‘Hard enough’, maybe that is the thing that cross on her mind now until made the tears keep dropping to her flawless cheek.

 

Goodbye, Switzerland..”

 

 Incheon International Airport, Korea.

Unexpectedly, the way back to Korea from Switzerland took this much time. Her body feel pretty exhausted now after read some books and sleep on the plane for that long.

But, by the time she arrive, those wide eyes are no longer worn out.

She saw a very warm environment as if it’s a welcome for her. Yupp, finally she can see  the people with a slant eyes, white skin and talk in hanguk just like her again.

She start her new journey full of spirit.

 

Korea.. I’m back!”

 

Since Korea is her origin, so her family and relative must be also living here and it easier her not to look for any living place. Her aunt, Seo Jihyo, already wait impatiently at the luxurious enough apartment. Yeah, from today on she will be living with her. The closest aunt with her since she was kid who only parted by 11 years age different gap.

 

She barely understand about the route that her aunt gave, so it took pretty long time for her tour. But, several time later someone got off from a taxi right in front of Jihyo.

 

“Seohyuuunn-ah!” Exclaimed a red-haired woman in her 30’s excitedly at her.

She jolted up and hugged that beloved niece who even haven’t close the taxi door yet.

 

“Omo-omo! This niece of mine has grew up prettily! I almost didn’t recognize you, Seohyun-ah” She amazed as she let off the hug and observed her face.

 

Seohyun then hugged her back tightly who physically has changed a bit since the last time she visited Zurich. But still, that lasting beauty of her didn’t fade off even a bit.

 

After she put out her luggage from the taxi trunk, Jihyo imo dragged her quickly to the apartment. She went silenced from words as she entered, can’t believe that this is the inside look of the apartment which seen so luxury from outside, but so cozy and simple styled inside, just like her style. Youth.

 

                                                            ----------------

 

Seohyun soon packed-out her stuffs from the luggage after took a shower and  change the outfit into a comfortable one, while Jihyo imo prepare for the dinner in the kitchen.

But then something made her speechless as she found a blue handkerchief from the suitcase which slipped between her clothes. A memory from long ago automatically came across on her head like a video.

 

Tap-tap-tap! A heavy footstep reverberated in the middle of downpour this evening. But this long-haired girl still running aimlessly through the rain, ignored those people gaze that look worried towards her. Her eyes was b hard too.

 

‘I hate Appa! Why he always forced me to do everything he want? Who’s life is this, mine or him? Doesn’t he know that I can’t handle it any longer’

 

Finally, she stopped and took a shelter under a closed shop’s roof that pretty far from the main road. She still sobbing as she squeeze her soaked hair. But then, a blue handkerchief appeared in front of her out of nowhere. She startled and look up to see who’s handing her that. A long-fringed boy with v-lined curve of face standing there. He flashed a friendly smile at her.

 

“Here, use this to dry your hair and your face” He offered the handkerchief again.

 

A never ending smile crept upon his face. She grabbed it sheepishly and bowed a bit after took some time to scrutinized that boy. It’s not that clear to describe how he looked in this heavy rain and with his hoodie on, but all that she saw that this boy was wearing a black-framed glasses with a two-toned fringe almost covered his pair of eyes.

 

“Why are you crying?” He asked again as he took a sit next to her now.

She swept her eyes immediately, “I-I’m not” She lied. ‘What’s with this boy?’

 

He chuckled, “Its alright, if you don’t want to tell it. But let me try to soothe you then”

 

Soon, he lifted up his wooden guitar to his lap. She tilted her head in confusion, she didn’t recognize it before that he brought along that guitar thing with him. His gaze somehow changed as he start to play the guitar and sing. A husky voice instantly echoing through the rain along with beautiful voices of the guitar string. She can’t help but amazed by it as a chills run down to her spine. ‘It’s so.. Beautiful. What is this feeling?’

 

“So, are you feeling better now?” He turned his head when the performance ended which now facing her straight. She nodded and let out an excited smile.

 

He sighed after gave a smile back at her, “I really love rain. Because when we sing and play a music, the voice will echoing beautifully through the rain”.

 

Music. Yeah, a thing that she believed had heard it before. But she never know that such music could produce a very beautiful sounds that somehow soothing. Something that she never found in her life so far.

 

“Ah, its getting dark here. The rain also has stopped” He looked up and rose his hand.

“Well, I’m going back first then. You do better go back soon, okay!” He stood up and waved at her as he fasten his footstep. A smile was there crept upon his handsome face before he lose from sight.

 

Just that she fell for the boy that introduced her for the first time about music. It somehow gave her a color of her life that has been so grey. She started to curious about music, secretly, since her family is very far from this kind of thing. She even finally managed to buy a guitar that almost look like the one and learn it, secretly.

 

“Seohyun-ah, the dinner is ready!” Jihyo’s voice snapped her from long reverie and get the sense all back.

 

“Ne. I’m coming soon imo” Then she arranged her remained stuffs quickly to the closet, included that blue handkerchief and rushed to the dining room.

 

There, her eyes are spoiled by the amazing cuisine that her imo made for tonight. It somehow looks so appetizing just by look at them. parted widely at it.

 

“Eat much, Seohyun-ah! You must be very hungry this whole day, right” Seohyun nodded for several times with a smile between and sit down on her place quickly.

 

As she enjoyed the amazing dinner, slowly she caught a sounds on her ear. It’s pretty dim but she can cleary listen what that sound is. Music. It somehow stopped all of the movements she did.

 

“Uhm.. Jihyo imo. I-is that a music sound?” She began, pretty stammered. Jihyo crinkled her forehead not quite sure about what was Seohyun talked about.

 

“I mean. This sound. Is it a music sound? Are you turn on a music by any chance?” She clarified this time.

 

Jihyo’z gaze also clearer this time and fixed her body straight like before, “Ah, yes. I turn it on in my room. It’s pretty dim to be heard from here, right?”

 

Seohyun now leaned her head to her in bright look, “You like music then??” Jihyo nodded as she munched the food in . A wide smile crept Seohyun’s face.

 

“Jeongmal yo, imo?” She asked again in assurance. Her eyes completely wide open now, Jihyo found that perplexed, but she nodded again as an asnwer of yes.

 

“Want to go check my room?” Ah, this is it! The statement Seohyun awaited so much, so she nodded vigorously at it. Then Jihyo lead her to the room, abandoned the amazing food on the table just like that.

 

As Seohyun getting closer to the room, she could hear the sound clearer and clearer. Her heart beat is also pumping somehow, it felt so excited just by knowing that her aunt has an interest in music. The thing she’s also been interested in so much since that day.

When they are in the room, Jihyo let her niece enjoy the music she and showed her some collection of music she has. And gratefully, Seohyun likes the song too, it somehow made her has a mate to be fangirling over this song and the rest.

 

“I can’t believe you has an interest in music too, imo”

 

“And apparently you too, Hyunnie” She teased and tugged her arm by the elbow playfully.

 

But then, Seohyun faced down. “I am. But, no one notice it just now. Mom and dad shouldn’t found it out exactly”

 

Jihyo felt his breathe hitch, she remember something then “Ah, your appa still hate such things, huh? I just remembered it that he did, so does our family. We kind of never get in touch with art world, especially music”

 

She turned to her in curious, “Jinjja? So, you’ve been hid it all this time? Since when?”

 

“Yepp. And its, hm.. Maybe it’s already been 6 years”

 

Seohyun slightly parted his lips at it as if thinking ‘Wow, that’s pretty long’. “How could you managed to hid it then? Was it lonely to enjoy the thing you like secretly like this, like alone?”

 

Jihyo folded her arm on the chest, “It was pretty hard actually at first, and true, felt so lonely too. But, because I like it so much, so I would fight for it. I listen to it when nobody’s around, like when I was alone in my room at night, so that I could fully enjoy it. Or, when nobody’s at home, I would like to turned the song out loud and sing along. It sound so silly, but I truly enjoyed it”

 

“That sounds fun, imo” Was the first words that came out after a few she stay motionless in amazed look.

 

“Well, its way more fun since I moved out from home” She added.

 

Jihyo then shifted and sit closer to Seohyun on the side of the bed. She bent a bit to met her eyes. “And now you can share this interest of you with me then” She smiled between her words, “You don’t need to hide it any longer. Here you’re free. And absolutely I will keep it from your eomma and appa. Especially your appa”.

 

Her smile dilated and she jumped to hug her imo right after it. She felt really happy heard it all just up. Like, finally.. She can be free to do what she want to do, and like what she likes.

 

                                                            ---------------------

 

The next morning, Seohyun went to her new college with Jihyo drove her there. And after took some time to finished the administration process, finally she allowed to entering her new class as a transfer student. Slowly she proceed the way there, but her heart seemed fidgeted for some reason. Her heart is pounding so hard in nervous down there that she afraid it would come out from the chest.  But then she inhaled deeply, and encouraged herself to stay calm.

 

‘Gwaenchana..’

 

On the other side, at a class who seemed so boisterous earlier, but when a lecturer came in, in instant everyone went silent neatly on each seat. While at the back of the class, a straight-haired pretty girl with big eyes is busy typing a text to someone sneakily.

 

‘Yah, Jung Yonghwa. Don’t say that you stayed the whole night up again last?

What time do you think is now, have not arrived to the campus yet! The lecturer is here already. Seems like I’m gonna watch an interesting show this morning, kekeke!’

 

Click! Speedily, that girl named Park Shinhye sent the text right away.

And not long afterwards, the door opened, made all the human inside stare at who is coming in. Seohyun, slowly come closer to the lecturer who eyed her in a different gaze.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Excuse me sir, I’m a transfer student here and about to begin my first day now, in this class. My name is Seo Joohyun”

 

The lecturer nodded in instant and shared a cheerful expression on her as she explained who she is. “Oh, well then you may introduced yourself now to everyone before we begin the class today, Joohyun-ssi”

 

Seohyun nodded mannerly and turned her body to the students in the class.

After she gained some valor, she finally ready to speak up.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Seo Joohyun imnida. I’m a transfer student from Zurich, Switzerland and from today on, I will actively study here. I’ll look forward to cooperate with everyone, and I hope for your guidance”

 

She bent in 90 degree as those eyes never leaving her filled with many thoughts, included Shinhye who observed her from head to toe.

 

‘Whoah, this transfer student is a chic. But, she transferred from Switzerland, right? Why she didn’t has that foreign look, eh? But like a native Korean more likely’ She thought on her mind.

 

“By the way Joohyun-ssi, are you a native Switzerland, or?”

 

“Oh no, sir. I’m a native Korean actually. But I’ve lived in Switzerland since secondary high school until 1st semester of college”

 

“Whoaah, that’s long enough. So, you’re language skill must be excellent, right? That could become an additional score for you. And one more, maybe you could tell us why did you transferred here?”

 

“Ah, that is because I was suggested by my previous academic advisor there to continued my study here with same major. She said that the accounting major here is very good, and she also asked me to join the mathematics club here to complete it”

 

“So you’re planning to join that club? You must be a genius one then. Because she was right, the mathematics major here is the best in Korea, and even the world admit it. Everything is because of the hardworking members of the club that never stop to bring home the achievements from every level, even world through years.

I’m glad having a genius transfer student here like you” He finished his words.. For a moment “But by the way, do you by any chance had a boyfriend?”

 

The whole class burst to laugh as they heard that bold question from the lecturer.

 

He spread both of his hand in defense, “It’s not like that, just seeing this pretty, genius image of Joohyun-ssi, it might become most target for the guys here” He turned to Seohyun now, “So, as a first info to know from me, there are lots brainy guys here for sure, but there are also lots of a saucy one too here” He somehow teased, and boisterous laugh still echoing the whole class at his words.

 

Though what he said was right. Look and found a couple here is a big bless. Because everyone who study here is surely has a bright future, and most are came from a high class which is good looking.

 

The lecturer still eyed on her, as if giving a code that he’s still wait for her answer of his previous question. So does the student in this class, male or female.

But Seohyun is not that talkative, so made her to answer that kind of question and remembering that she never had any experience of being in a relationship is tougher the question.

 

But seeing those incessant gaze made her willy-nilly has to gain some valour to answer. Hardly, she open up .

 

Bam! There hasn’t even any word spoken up by Seohyun, but the whole class was flabbergasted by the coming of a student frontally to the class. Now, everyone spare a glance at him who breathe heavily, try to gain his sanity back.

 

That fringe-haired guy rose his head up, and Seohyun was staring at the guy’s bright eyes.

 

“I’m sorry for being late, sir!”

 

 

Author's note :

Oh god, did I wrote it too long? :o I hope it's not. Because I really want to end the first chapter there. kekeke~
And oh, did you guys saw the news? I really proud of our goddess hyunnie already graduated. She's indeed a jjang!
She proved the world that entertainer isn't a brainless. They are still a human who needs academic in their lives. That's why I also made her such a brilliant girl in this story, because it just resembled her true self :)

Once again, congratulation on your graduate, Seo Joohyun!~ :D

For the story, I hope you guys like this first chap. feel free to comment ^^)/
See you on the next chap then. Let see, what would happen after this~