Chapter 8

Our Love Story

Hyuk was on the bed, listening to music and doing some homework. N stood by the window and enjoyed the breeze. There was a narrow and deserted alley, nobody walked there often except for some gangsters who have their hideouts there. So they can often hear shoutings of them. But today, there wasn't anyone there. 

"Hyung, how do you do this question?" Hyuk asked him suddenly.

N jolted awake from his daydreaming and turned to him. But he saw a guy standing under the house. The guy was hiding behind a huge bin, looking up at them. N took a closer look at him but the guy ran away. Strange...is he the one that followed us? 

"Hyung?" Hyuk called out as he took his headphones off.

N went to him and sat down on the bed.

"What's wrong?" Hyuk asked.

"Nothing. What question is it?" N asked.

"This." 


 

The next day, they went to school. N was still thinking about last night. That guy followed them home and spying on them. Who is he? N came back to reality when he bumped into the wall. 

"Ack!" N shouted out and fell to the ground.

"Hyung! Are you okay?" Hyuk asked worriedly and helped him up.

"I'm fine." N said, rubbing his forehead.

"What happened?" Leo appeared suddenly from behind.

"He bumped into the wall." Hyuk explained.

"Aish! Haekyeon, what's wrong with you?" Leo asked.

"I didn't mean to." N said.

"Let's go to class." Leo said.

They went to class sat down before their homeroom teacher came with another guy. N noticed that everyone had a huge reaction to it but he doesn't understand why. He looked to Leo and saw he was also shocked.

"As you guys already know. This is Ken and he'll be back to school." Their homeroom teacher said.

N realized that it was that Ken whom he met at the cafe in the second day of school. 

"Ken, do you want to sit at your usual place?" Their teacher asked him.

Ken looked around and locked eyes with Leo. "Sure." He replied.

"Haekyeon, I am sorry but you have to move to sit beside Sanghyuk." Their teacher told N.

"What?!" N asked.

"You wouldn't disobey your own homeroom teacher, right?" 

N looked at Leo who sighed softly. Then he went to the empty seat beside Hyuk. Ken happily went to Leo and sat down.

"Long time, Leo. Long time." Ken said.

Leo gulped and tensed up. N found everyone suspicious, even Hyuk. He decided to ask him after school.


 

"What's up with everyone today?" N asked Leo and Hyuk.

"Well..." Leo started.

"Ken hyung is suspended from school for a whole semester because he commicted a crime." Hyuk said.

"A crime? He was an ex-convict?" N asked.

"Yes." Hyuk said.

"What did he do?" N asked.

"He beaten up two gansters who tried to rob me last time. One of them was severaly injured with his rips broken. And the broken bones pierces through his heart, thus, he died." Leo said.

"Isn't he supposed to be given a death sentence?" N asked.

"He was lucky enough. Because he family is rich. They paid a huge amount of money to decrease the sentence. So he was only suspanded." Hyuk said.

"Is everyone afraid of him because of that?" N asked.

"Yes. Like me, everyone is afraid they will get punched up by him. So that's why everyone tensed up in class." Leo said.

"Ken's usual place was my seat. And I have to change because of him?" N said.

"Like I said, his family is rich. They bribe the teachers to do whatever Ken or his family told them to do." Hyuk explained.

"That's mean." N frowned.

"There's one more thing I have to tell you..." Leo mumbled.

"What is it?" N asked.

Leo took a breath and sighed, "He was my ex."


A/N: There you go! Ken is revealed as Leo's ex boyfriend and ex-convict.