Chapter 13

Our Love Story

"What's that about last night?" Ken asked N.

"Look. Ken. Listen. We share a same father. We are brothers. You, me and Hyuk." N said.

"That's ridiculous!" Ken said.

"Ask him yourself!" N snapped.

"Hey, that's your problem to solve. I have other things to do." Ken said.

"Like what? Rob the bank?"

"Of course not! I'm just gonna get past you and get Leo. If I can't get him directly, I'm gonna get him indirectly."

"Don't. You. Dare. Touch. Leo." N said slowly and he left.


 

N and Leo walked home together, hands linked. 

"So how's everything? Your father?" Leo asked.

"It's alright. I explained it to Ken and he looks angry. He said it wasn't his business, the real business for him is to get past me to get you." N said.

"He still doesn't want to give up." Leo sighed.

"Hey! It's that same cart!" N pointed out. Leo turned to see the cotton candy cart that they last seen.

"We didn't get to eat those last time, shall we eat some now?" N asked.

"Sure." Leo said.

N ran excitedly to the cotton candy cart with Leo following behind. N quickly bought two sticks and gave Leo one.

"Eat it!" N exclaimed and took a bite of his own.

Leo was staring at the cotton candy in his hands like he had never seen one before.

"What's wrong?" N asked.

"I've..never eat this before..." Leo said.

"Really?" N looked shocked.

"Really." Leo said.

"Then try it. It's really delicious!" N exclaimed.

Leo took a bite and the sweetness spresds instantly in his mouth.

"It's sweet." Leo smiled.

That smile, that particular smile he saw when Leo's with Ken. That particular smile which N wanted Leo to have because of him. And today, he got it.


 

The next day after school, N went home alone because Leo is busy. He was just about to past by an alley when he was suddenly pulled.

"Ahhh! Help!!" N screamed.

But the kidnapper covered his mouth. N shut his eyes tight in fear.

"Haekyeon." A familiar voice made him open his eyes.

"Hong Jin?" N asked.

"Don't call my name." Hong Jin had a mask over his face.

"What's this?" N asked.

"I don't want you to tell anyone about me." Hong Jin said.

"Too bad, Hyuk alrea-" A knife sliced the air, making N tensed and backed away onto the brick wall.

"Shut up!" Hong Jin said, holding the knife tightly.

"Wh..What do you what?" N stammered.

"To kill you. With you, my secrets will be exposed. So the only way for you to shut up is to kill you."

"What? Appa, don't! If you kill me, umma will know and...and..." 

"Who cares about that old lady? My only job is to be happy with Ken and my wife. That's all. And you...You ar just spoiling it. Ken and Leo was happy together but you? You came and spoiled the fun. You spoiled their happiness." Hong Jin stabbed N's side.

N groaned in pain and looked down. Blood gushed out and was flowing down his legs.

"One stab in the heart and you'll die. Or you want me to slowly kill you?" 

N wanted either so he just gasped in pian when Hong Jin sliced him across his arm. A thin long line of blood flows out.

"No answers?" Hong Jin asked and aimed the knife at his heart.

N's only concentration is in the sharp end of the blade.

"APPA!" A cry called out.

They turned to a Ken standing there, dumbfounded at Hong Jin's actions. Hong Jin widened his eyes and dropped the bloody knife. Ken ran to them quickly.

"Appa! What are you doing?" Ken asked.

"Finishing him off, what do you think I'm doing." Hong Jin asked.

"You're not going to kill him, are you?" 

"I am. I need to to protect us." 

"No! You can't! You can't kill my friend!

"Friend? Since when he's your friend?" 

"I'll call the police! Stop what you're doing!" Ken took out his phone with shaky hands.

"Fine! Fine!" Hong Jin ran away.

N collasped onto the floor, gasping in pain.

"Haekyeon! I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" Ken supported N up.

"Ca...Call..." N mumbled.

"What?" Ken tried to hear what he is saying.

"Call...L..Leo..." N said.

"Okay! But I'll bring you to the hospital first!" Ken said and carried him.

"No! We..we don..don't have money.." N pleaded.

"Money? I don't care!" Ken is already on his way to the hospital.


A/N: The long-awaited update is here! So how was this?