Chapter 5

Our Love Story

An hour past since the kiss...2 hours...3 hours..N lie on bed, eyes staring at the ceiling. Hyuk was doing his homework. For 3 hours, the older one was day dreaming.

"Hyung!" Hyuk called out.

N did not hear Hyuk at all because he was stuck in the thoughts of Leo. He recalled the moment when Leo kissed him and he unconsciously touched his lips several times.

"Haekyeon hyung!" Hyuk called out again, even louder.

But there was still no respond from N. Hyuk got up and went over to their bunk bed. He climbed up halfway to the level that he can see N well.

"Hyung!" Hyuk shouted into N's ears.

It was then N jumped up and bumped onto the low ceiling.

"Oww! What's that for?" N asked, rubbing his head.

"I've called you many times but you didn't reply me." Hyuk said.

"You did? I never hear you."

"I know this is your first kiss, hyung. But you don't have to skip homework because of that." Hyuk said the-matter-of-factly.

"But Hyuk! He kissed me! Do you know that? He kissed me!" N shook Hyuk hard by the shoulder.

"Yah! Don't shake me like that. Do your homework before umma scolds us." Hyuk said and smacked his head again.

"Stop aiming my head." N grumbled.

"Then I'll aim here!" Hyuk smacked his arm.

"Hey! I'm your hyung! You cannot beat me!"

"Come on, get down." Hyuk said and climbed down the ladder. 

N followed him down and they did homework together, trying to get the memory out of his mind for two hours isn't easy.

At night, after they ate dinner, they went to the bedroom. Hyuk plopped down onto his bed and caressed his plush toys.

"What did you tell Leo?" N asked.

"Well. I told him you like him." Hyuk replied, hugging his toy.

"Then he accepted?"

"Surprisingly, yeah. He did accept without any hesitation or angry gaze. He seem to like you too."

"He did? Wow. How could he have liked me?"

"Then how could you have like a violent guy?"

"I don't believe he's violent, Hyuk." N looked at their family picture. Hyuk diverted his attention to the photo too.

"Appa was too, violent. Abusive. I believe Leo's not violent. Not until his standered." N said quietly.

Hyuk sighed. "Hyung...appa didn't mean to." 

"But he did. Have you forgotten how he treated us?"

"But he was only drunk!" 

"No he isn't. It's his true self, his true colours. If umma didn't marry a drunkard like him, do you think we will be living here?"

"Hyung! We are fortunate to be already living in comfort! At least we have a home to live in!" 

"Hyuk! Wake up! He's not the same father we have in the past. He's not the same father who can bring you to the amusement park every holiday, he's not the same father who can gives us security!" N shouted at him.

"But I still love him. If you weren't making a chaos at umma's birthday, appa won't change! It's because of you!" Hyuk cried.

"It's not my fault! Umma herself married two people!"

"So it's umma's fault now? I hate you!" Hyuk shouted and hid himself under the blanket, crying.

N groaned in frustration and looked at the photo. He caressed the man in the picture. A tear rolled down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry..."


A/N: Chap 5~ I revealed their family background. Now that I mentioned their father, is their father another role in the story? Read on to find out!