Chapter 11

Our Love Story

Leo and N had a date the next two days. Leo's wrist had gotten better but he still can't carry heavy stuffs.

"Are you still going to work even in this state?" N asked, their hands linked while walking.

"Of course. There are not enough people to help, so I have to be there." Leo replied.

"Ken can do the jobs." 

"Even if I let him do the jobs, boss will think I'm slacking off." 

"But you've injured your wrist, how do you work?"

"That doesn't mean I can't make waffles with one hand." 

"Right...Make me one!" N exclaimed.

"Sure. If I had my own waffle machine."

"I can just dig up one from my house storeroom. I'm sure we can find one."

"By the way, about your family. How's everything?" 

"Father never visit us anymore. Umma still worked full-time to support us. You know, school fees are high and we are still having financial difficulties. And as for Hyuk, our relationship had gotten better since last time. None of us spoke about father." N told everything.

"Do you guys need some...financial help?" Leo asked.

"Nope, I think we can manage."

They kept silent for a while as they had walked to the same bridge they and Hyuk went to. The sun shone on the waters and it glistens beautifully.

"We should do this every weekends." N said.

"Come here every weekends?" Leo asked.

"Yeah. Maybe with Hyuk." 

"I think it's not a good idea to have Hyuk along with us when we're dating."

"He'll complain that I don't give him much attention. He won't do anything. I can just give him an ice cream and he'll be quiet."

"Fine then." 

They left the bridge to the same restaurant they went with Hyuk for lunch.

"Why are we going to places we went with Hyuk?" Leo asked N who was busy flipping through the menu.

"Because these are the only places I know." 

"What? You mean you don't know other places?"

"We are not rich enough to go around Seoul."

"Not even Lotte World or Dongdaemun?"

"We go to Lotte World once in a while when our real father was still alive. And what's the point of going to Dongdamun when we're don't even have the extra money to shop? Besides, we're not girls."

"Right..."

"Let's order the same thing." N changed the topic and called for the waiter.

"Let's go to Lotte World sometime with Hyuk okay?" Leo asked him.

"Really? Hyuk would be overjoyed."

"I'll make the arrangement. During the holidays?"

"Sure."


 

At night, Leo and N walked home together. They link their hands again as they walked. But N stopped halfway, face shocked.

"What's wrong?" Leo asked.

N pointed to a man and a guy together.

"Ken?" Leo asked. "But who's that man?"

"Father?" N asked.

"Why is your father with-" Leo didn't get to finished as N pulled him towards them.

"Ken!" N shouted.

Both Ken and N's father looked at them.

"Why are you guys here?" Ken asked.

"We were just having a walk." Leo answered.

"What are you doing here?" N asked his father.

"What do you mean what I'm doing here? I can do whatever I want, Haekyeon." His father said angrily.

"You know him?" Ken asked.

"What's your relationship with Ken?" N asked.

"He's my father." Ken answered for his father.

"What?"


A/N: Yes! N's stepfather became a character that is related to Ken. But why did Ken said that he is his father? What is the secret behind this?