Chapter 6

Our Love Story

N woke up on the table the next morning. He look up to the clock near him. It's time to wake up. He got up to see Hyuk still sleeping under the covers. N pulled the blanket away but was surprised to see that the pillows had made the human figure. Where is he? N went to the dinning room to see his mother preparing breakfast but no Hyuk.

"Where's Hyuk?" N asked.

"I was about to ask you too. I thought he was with you." Their mother said.

"Strange..." N mumbled.

"Did you two fought last night? I heard some shouting from your room." 

"Well, we did argued actually."

"He might have gone to school early. Maybe he's still angry at you. Bring a sandwich for him will you? He might not have eaten breakfast." Their mother put a sandwich into a plastic bag and gave it to N.

"Yeah sure. I'll get going now." N said and took a sandwich for himself.


 

N got to school as quickly as he could to find Hyuk. He found him sitted in the classroom. Leo was there too. N went to his seat.

"What happen between you two?" Leo asked quietly, careful not to let Hyuk hear.

"It's just a sibling fight." N said.

"Really? I'm your boyfriend. Tell me." Leo said.

"You're my boyfriend?" N asked stupidly.

"Hey, have you forgotten my kiss? You should be honoured that me, Jung Taekwoon, had kissed you." 

N smacked Leo's arm playfully. "Stop that."

"Just tell me what happened between you two." 

"We have a complicated family issues. I'll tell you after school?" 

"Sure."

Just then, their teacher walked in and lesson started...


 

After school, Leo and N went to the back of the school, each their own icecream.

"Tell me." Leo said.

"I don't know how I should start this." N sighed.

"Then keep it simple."

"Well...It started when I was born. Appa was a kind gentlemen who is very caring. He is the best father ever. But Hyuk was born too. Things got out of hand. And we have finacial difficulties, it's hard to raise two kids. Appa started working extra hard to earn money and thus, we seldom see him. But during the holidays, he still bring us out and play." N started and took a deep breath before continuing.

"Then it was when appa was fired. He was desperately trying to find other jobs. He got one, he works in a construction site. I don't know why but he chose that job. It's so dangerous for him. Guess what? He fell from the unfinished building. He died there. We were so sad and umma was depressed. We lost a father and now umma has to work so we have to take care of ourselves. Then umma decided to marry again. Another guy who is a drunkard. He said he had turned over a new leaf and never drank again. Umma believed him and they married. A second father but he's a bad guy." N faked laughed.

"Despite umma giving him so many chances, he still drink and ended up drunk. When he reach home, he started abusing us. Then one day, he suddenly changed. He stopped drinking and became very friendly with us. Umma and Hyuk believed him but I didn't. During umma's last birthday, we wanted to take family photo. Umma wanted me to stand beside appa. But I still hate him, so I made a fuss. Appa was angry at me and slapped me while Hyuk tried to stop it. He locked me and Hyuk in the room for the whole night. Hyuk hated me for that." N finished off.

Leo listened to every details he said. There was a long silence before Leo broke the ice.

"So..Is this new father living with you guys?" 

"No. But he visits us every once a month. He gave us gifts but I gave them all to Hyuk because I still don't trust him. Who knows what he's doing out there? Maybe he had another wife and umma doesn't know a single thing. " N replied.

"I see..." Leo hugged N tightly. "I'll protect you..."


A/N: Chap 6~ Enjoy!!