8.

Who
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mi Na felt the sheen of sweat that coated her nose and upper lip freeze the minute they entered the club. She knew it was hot outside, stifling as end of summer nights often were, but somehow she didn't feel the need for the air conditioner's thermometer to be set quite as low. Even if, she noted, the place was way too packed for 10 p.m, in her opinion. 

"I told you nobody here arrives fashionably late." Bo Na said to her, slipping her fake ID back into her clutch. The document was a formality, every bouncer working at Athens knew the largest ratio of their clientele spent their nine to fives sitting behind desks in private high schools. 

"Obviously," She scoffed right back. "They'd have to be fashionable first."

Her friend just rolled her eyes, grabbing her hand and starting towards the crowd. 

"Vodka?" Mi Na asked, gesturing towards the bar.

"I'm feeling a little tequila tonight." Bo Na shrugged.

Mi Na stopped walking. "We could always do both."

"Yeah," Bo Na laughed. "If you want me to die, maybe. Come on." She yanked her arm to get her moving again. "First let's find a table." 

"You mean find Chan Yeol's table, right?" Mi Na pulled close to talk near her ear, the throbbing bass threatening to drown out her voice otherwise. Bo Na turned her head to shoot her a look. "What?" She frowned at her. "He invited us, Bo. We're supposed to sit with them."

At her friend's hesitation, she was about to take the lead when a hand landed on her shoulder.

"Well, look who we have here." The guy grinned down at her. "Big, bad Kang Mi Na." 

A smile threatened to crack her lips, but she settled for a smirk. "Wow, talk about estrangement. I wouldn't have been able to remember your face if someone asked me to."

"Ouch," He clutched his chest, his face contorting in pain. "That's a low blow. Don't you know I would die for you, Mi Na?"

"Isn't that a nice thought, Seung Hyun?" She squinted up at him, the strobe light blinding her momentarily. "I think the follow up would be something of a let down, though."

"Would it really?" He asked, already drifting from the banter. "Come on, let me buy you a drink." He glanced back at Bo Na. "Your friend, too."

"As much as I would love a drink, we've got to find our table first." Bo Na said to him. 

"You have a table?" Seung Hyun asked Mi Na. "If you want I can get you a table."

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter