6.

Who
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What even are the SAOs?" Chan Yeol finally brought himself to ask.

"Well, they're academic Olympics." Mi Na shrugged. "Only the best schools in Seoul are invited each year and the final ranking is sort of taken as a ranking of the institutions, not the students who participated. So, basically," She paused, stapling together some of the papers they had been given to practice with after school, "If we win, our school will be considered the best school in Seoul." 

"Reputation and prestige." Chan Yeol muttered.

"Exactly." She said, stapling another stack together. "By the way," She looked up and around. "Until what time is the library open?" 

He shrugged, looking back down at his worksheets. "Late."

She frowned, almost curling into a snarl. "At what time does that teacher think she should be coming back?"

Chan Yeol glanced up at her. "Your sister?" 

She shot him an unreadable look. "Only in our house."

He dropped his gaze, then looked back up, his eyebrows furrowed. "Are you done already?"

"Almost." She admitted. "Just have one more lesson to go."

He was missing three. 

"Worst case scenario, you could always give it to her back at home." He suggested. 

Her face grew hard, but he wasn't looking at her. "No."

He did notice her tone of voice and didn't inquire further.

After about ten minutes of working in silence, he decided to speak again.

"Why are you and Bo Na friends?" 

Wow. Face palm. Where did that even come from? He asked himself, cringing. 

"I mean," He started to correct. "How did you two-"

"Our names have the same character for Na." Mi Na answered, seeming to no have even be fazed by it or its abruptness in the least. 

He briefly wondered if she had gotten asked that question many times before. 

"Oh." He said, going back to his papers.

When he glanced up again, she was texting. He tried to focus until he heard her voice again. This time it wasn't directed towards him.

"You're here?"

"Hello." Bo Na bowed.

As cute as ever, he idly noted, bowing back.

"Did you work hard?" Mi Na asked her, not sounding very interested.

Bo Na mmm-ed in response. 

"What were you doing in school still?" He asked, still writing. 

Bo Na's eyes fell to her lap. Mi Na stared at the crown of his head, bowed towards them because of him staring at his paper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter