10.

Who
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byun Baek Hyun wasn't usually intimidated by girls. In fact, he'd been popular since elementary school, so practically his whole life. By the time he'd gotten past seeing them as an annoyance, and then seeing their confessions as a status symbol, he had several good female friends and had had several girlfriends. However, somehow, whenever it came to Kang Mi Na, it was like she was a completely different species. Her presence unsettled him.

Jung Bo Na, on the other hand, seemed like an angel on Earth. She was gentle and nice and she took care of everyone around her. Mainly Mi Na. He didn't know if it was jealousy, but he didn't like it when they were together. They were as different as two people could be. Or at least that's the way it looked to him. 

So when he got to Athens that night and saw the two girls sitting between Chan Yeol and Jong In, his face flashed red. Was he flustered? Caught off guard? He wasn't sure. He hadn't expected his best friend to invite anyone, much less them. He didn't even know they knew each other outside of basketball club and those academic olympics practice. 

Mi Na and Bo Na were having a stupid conversation with Dong Hoon about their kindergarten when Baek Hyun scooched into the booth next to Chan Yeol. Waiting for a lull in his conversation with some guy he didn't recognize proved futile— Chan Yeol was a pro at socializing—; so once the girls got up to go the bathroom, he gripped his friend's arm. Hard.

Chan Yeol winced and turned, holding up an apologetic hand towards some guy he'd just met. Jae Hyun? Jun Hyun? He didn't remember. Coming face to face with Baek Hyun, the alcohol in his blood riled him up a bit. "What the hell, man? That hurts."

"Sorry," Baek Hyun replied, letting go of his arm. 

"It's fine. What's up?" The music was thumping strangely in his head. The vodka bottle Se Hun and Jong In had won was empty on the table in front of him. While the feat couldn't be attributed to himself alone, he had definitely put a dent in the thing. 

"Just, you know," Baek Hyun's eyes widened, trying to send some telepathic signals to a brain that was too far gone to receive them. "A l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter