2.

Who
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mi Na got up from her chair slowly. Chan Yeol had to wait for about two minutes after having made his way out the door for her to get her bag and walk all the way over to where he was. 

They walked in silence until he couldn't take it anymore. The more he had to slow down his steps and pointedly look anywhere except at her, the closer he felt he was getting to madness. 

He started with a laugh. "I wonder what they need us for." No reply. He tried again. "Have you heard anything about this?"

He looked at her, and she met his eyes. Even her gaze moved slowly. He felt his heart beat way too forcibly once... twice. It almost seemed as if the whole building had shaken. He felt his ears heat up; had she noticed, too?

She shook her head, the tip of her ponytail brushing by her shoulders twice. 

He gulped and looked away, then laughed again before falling into the same still silence. He hadn't had to walk to the principal's office many times before, but when he had, the path hadn't seemed this long. 

"It's probably for something academic." 

Chan Yeol's eyes widened, he looked back at her as if maybe he'd see her lips moving. He didn't.

She just stared at him. "We're at the top of the grade." She reminded him. 

He nodded too many times, too vigorously. "Yeah," He said. "We are."

She raised her eyebrows then looked forward, forcing him to break his own gaze and bring it down to the floor in front of him. Somehow, he felt sheepish; as if he'd been scolded. 

Out of his peripheral vision, he saw her steps suddenly become longer and, in a few moments, she had passed him. He looked up just in time to see her push the door open and held up his hand on reflex to keep it open while he walked through behind her. 

"Mi Na," The secretary, who's name Chan Yeol could never remember, smiled upon seeing the girl. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, Mrs. Im, how are you?" After listening to her reply, she continued. "We were told we were needed?" She asked, turning her head a fraction to draw attention to the boy behind her.

"Oh, of course," The lady stood up, ruffling a few papers, then heading towards the door. 

Chan Yeol just watched. If anyone had ever thought that he was sociable, they had never seen Kang Mi Na actually try and interact with other people. He briefly reminded himself, Anything that you are good at, she will always be much better.

At least that's what was understood by everyone in their class, if not their school. He hadn't ever really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter