4.

Who
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you afraid of?"

Chan Yeol knew it was a dream. There was no way he and Kang Mi Na could talk so freely in real life. The flow of the conversation was so swift, so easy, they must have been childhood friends in that world. In that dream universe. 

"Do I have to be afraid to refuse to do something?" He asked. The hot rays of sun burned the back of his neck. He wanted to go inside. 

"Why else would you not want to?" She looked up at him, her body supported only by her arms as they leaned against the railing of the bridge, her feet barely touching the ground through the tips of her sneakers. 

"Maybe it just doesn't interest me." He said, still standing completely still. He could feel the dampness grow in his armpits. The glare that reflected off of the pavement made him squint. Heat waves distorted the air around him. It was so quiet.

"Then, you don't know." She said, pushing herself up to stand on the thin metal strip. 

"What don't I know?" He asked, still haven't having moved, at all.

"You don't know anything." With that, she seemed to just let her body fall backwards.

In a split second, Chan Yeol lunged forward and the whole world seemed to disappear around them. He managed to grip her body, but, by then, the solidity of the earth had disappeared from under his feet. He was falling. He couldn't see a thing. What he'd found, to hold onto, were her thighs. They were firm. Once again, the thought of whether Mi Na exercised or not came into his mind. He woke up. 

"Damn." He murmured, crossing his forearm over his eyes. "How pathetic." He scoffed, the smile lingering on his lips until he gained enough momentum to push himself off of his bed. 

Tinkling laughter filled the classroom and seemed to dull the chatting that was habitual of break time. Chan Yeol looked up from his food just in time to see Sung Gyu and Baek Hyun redden, having completely stopped moving. Then, as if time had restarted, they turned to each other, eyes b with glee, and squealed, laughing and throwing themselves at each other, somehow ending up in a very romantic sort of arm hold. 

"Idiots," Jin Hyuk sneered. Chan Yeol snorted.

 Baek Hyun let his arm off of Sung Gyu's shoulder just to reach over and slap Dong Hoon's head. He had immediately turned, as conspicuously as possible, and stared at the source of the charming sound.

"Ow." He whined, rubbin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter