5.

Who
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The hard, orange ball was knocked out of Chan Yeol's hands with a full body blow. A shrill whistle broke the hot, damp air and a loud voice called out. 

"Foul!" His teammate, the one who had knocked him down in the first place, offered him a hand and helped him up. "Why don't we take a break?" Pil Mo, the team's captain proposed. "Your moves are getting sloppy."

"No ." Dong Hoon slapped Chan Yeol's back, walking past him from behind him. "We've been at this for two hours already."

Chan Yeol sighed, pushing back his hair and essentially soaking his hands in sweat, fifteen more minutes to go. He swiped his towel as he stepped past the bleachers, where Bo Na was handing out bottles of water and sports drinks, and walked in the direction in which he had seen the ball roll off to, his eyes trained on the ground to find it. Instead, his gaze landed on a pair of faded pink rubber sandals. 

"Hey." Mi Na greeted him, the basketball in her hands. "Is this yours?" 

He nodded, mute, and silently accepted the ball. With another nod, he turned around and started walking back. 

After a second, his brain finally reacted. What the hell was was she doing there? Kang Mi Na had never attended basketball practice before, even if her best friend had been the team's manager for three years. Even more importantly, what was the deal with all that nodding? Way to announce to her that he was an idiot. 

"Oh, you're here." Bo Na said cheerily. 

"Yeah. Will you take much longer?" Mi Na asked.

Chan Yeol spun, not very inconspicuously and stared at her as she took a seat at the end of the bleachers, which were already filled to the brim with female students who frequented the practice even during the hottest days of the summer. He really didn't know how they did it, sometimes he had to mentally fight himself to keep from skipping. Chan Yeol turned back around and walked towards the watering station. 

"Just like fifteen minutes. They just have to cool down a bit, so I'm actually already going to start putting everything away."

"Want help?"

"Nah, I'm fine. Thank you, though. Oh here! I'll get that for you!" In a split second, Bo Na had appeared in front of him and extracted a water bottle from the ice chest in front of him. "You don't drink Gatorade, right?" She smiled brightly.

He grunted in response, twisting the cap and finishing half the bottle in his first drink. His

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter