Chapter 4

My Gay Best Friend

Dara’s POV~

“Hey, are you alright?” he asked worriedly.

“Hmmm?” I look over at him.

“You were spacing out all of a sudden after those guys were passing by…” he muttered.

“Was I?” I replied nonchalantly.

He sighed, “I’m sorry for saying you’re not those guys’ types…it’s just that you’re way too good and pure for those guys.”

I smiled, “if you’re their friend then that must mean that they are also very good guys.”

“What makes you think that I’m a good guy?” He smirked.

“Ya! What was I thinking?” I rolled my eyes. “You break so many girls’ hearts.”

His eyes saddened and placed his palm on my cheek, “As long as I don’t break yours, then its fine.”

I smiled sadly, “why are you so nice to me?”

“Because you’re the most important person to me, I’d never want to hurt you,” he smiled, “You are my breath of fresh air, Dara.”

I raised any eyebrow, “what are you talking about?”

He smiled and removed his hand making me already miss his warmth. “You’re my break away from reality…my savior from my sick life.”

Ah…he must be talking about his family………I better change the subject. I hug him and whisper, “I will always be here to save you. By the way…” I let go of him, “there’s this movie I really want to see…can we go please???” I beg.

“Movie, aish this girl,” He poked my cheek, “you always know how to put a smile on my face,” he smiled. *ring ring* He looks at his phone.


Jiyong’s POV:

*ring ring* Really? Why is someone texting me right now? I look down at my phone.

 

To: Me

From: Seungri

It’s urgent Jiyong. You need to come down to the club right now, like asap. Otherwise we’re going to be in some big trouble.

 

Aish, really? Right now? I look up at Dara who’s looking at me curiously, “I need to go, my friend is in some big trouble right now and I need to go help.”

She starts to frown, she looks so sad… “I see, then you better go help him.”

Him? How does she know it’s a guy? “How’d you know it was a guy?”

She sadly smiled, “I know your secret Jiyong…you don’t have to hide it...”

. WHO TOLD HER??? I specifically said that no one can tell her. How’d she find out about me sleeping around? I mean…before I met her, it was worse…I use to find multiple women every night…and that was even before I was legal. And nowadays it's only one woman a night and I don't go out every day...But that’s not the point! She’s not supposed to know. I need to protect her innocence…is that really what I’m trying to do? Or am I just trying to not let her see the ugly side of me? To have her see how completely tainted I am…I’m going to kill Seungri later, I bet it was him.

“It was to protect you because you are so important,” I said quietly, “I better get going, I should be back tonight or at least by tomorrow.”

“Um…I think I’m going to go sleep over at Chaerin’s place tonight,” she smiled. , this is why I didn’t want her to know, she must be disgusted with me. She’ll want to put as much distance between her and me…

“I see…then I’ll come back tomorrow,” I place down a bill and hug her goodbye.

 

To: Seungri

From: Me

 

I’M GOING TO ING KILL YOU PANDA!


Dara’s POV

*knock knock* I lower my hand from the door when it started to open.

“Hey,” Chaerin raised an eyebrow, “What’s up girl?”

I tap my index fingers together, “Can I spend the night here?”

Her eyes widened, “Of course, come in already, have you eaten dinner?”

I shook my head in embarrassment, “Thank you for letting me stay,” I scurried into her house.

After eating and changing into pajamas I was sitting on her bed with a pillow in hand.

“Really? What’s wrong?” Chaerin asked concerned as she looked over at me while removing her makeup.

“Well…today, I was with Jiyong-”

“Did you really come to talk about Jiyong??? Haven’t I told you to stop,” she said frustrated.

I bury my face into my pillow, “I know…and I think that I really should stop loving him this time…”

I could feel her roll her eyes at me, “That’s what you say every time.”

“And that’s always your response.”

“What do you expect me to say to you? You’ve been telling me that you’re over him over a hundred times since high school. How’d we even end up going to the same university???”

“Because YG University has the best design and music programs in South Korea,” I mutter… “But this time is different.”

She sighed so I look up, she must not be as mad now. “How so?” she asked as she climbed onto the bed to sit across from me.

“Every time I try to get over him, I remember every sweet thing he’s done for me. He’s always there for me whenever I’m down. He’s really done so much for me. He’ll always drop everything just for me, but I guess it’s not enough...It’s been 7 years since I’ve met him CL-roo.”

“I know, I remember when you first started telling me about him…but what makes you think that this time will be different?” she raised an eyebrow.

I start to sniffle.

“What happened this time?” Chaerin asked in concern.

“HUBBY!!!” I hugged her tightly, “HOW CAN STILL BE IN LOVE WITH A GUY WHO ONLY WANTS OTHER GUYS??? WHY IS SUCH A PERFECT GUY GAY??? HUBBYYY!”

There…I finally told someone. Ever since I figured it out, I’ve never told anyone…I mean it doesn’t seem like he’s told anyone. I mean, if I was him and my best friend found out a secret like that I wouldn’t want my best friend gossiping with their friends about it. Waaaaaah, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest.

I look back at Chaerin to see her gaping at me. “What’s wrong?” I tilted my head, oh wait…I just told her something so shocking. “Oh…you must be surprised…”

*smack* I see her face palming, “Did you just say Kwon Jiyong is gay?” she slowly asked.

“Yes, I know it must be a huge surprise for you,” I scratch the back of my head.

“KWON JIYONG?? GAY???” She burst into laughter, “of all of his horrible faults, you say that he’s gay?”

“Why are you laughing so much?? It’s not funny! You’re the first person I’ve ever told about my observations!” Why is she laughing at me so much!!!

She wiped a tea from her eye, “Have you ever confirmed your observations?”

“No…I felt like it was an awkward topic to ask about…I mean…he might have thought I was being too nosy,” I tap my index fingers together again.

“Aigoo, my innocent rabbit, why did you fall in love with that guy?” she shook her head in shame, “exactly why do you think he’s gay?”

“Well…” I begin.


A/N: I love reading the comments! Thanks for reading, don't forget to comment ^__^