Chapter 16

My Gay Best Friend

Chaerin’s POV:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Dara looks so cute! Why does she look so cute for her date?!?! Aish, why aren’t I guy? I could be the one taking Dara out on a date…gah! This is why people think you’re a lesbian Chaerin. I shook those thoughts off, “Gah, you’re so pretty Dara,” I smiled as I watched Bom finish her hair do.

Dara was dressed in a simple pair of tight, black jeans, white v-neck t-shirt, medium blue cardigan that was adorned with black butterflies over the pockets, and a black fedora with a single red ribbon lining. Bom curled Dara’s hair after I had applied her make-up and Minzy painted her nails.

“You guys seem like you’re even more enthusiastic about my date than I am,” Dara giggled.

Of course we are!

“What do you mean?” Minzy asked innocently.

“Well,” Dara tilted her head, “You guys came here last night all of a sudden so that you could help me prepare for my date. You didn’t even go that far the first time I went out with Donghae.”

“We just wanted to sleep over again,” Bom said quickly, “Especially since your family won’t be back for another two weeks.”

“Awww, how sweet of you all,” she smiled. *beep beep* Dara looked down at her phone, “Ah, Donghae said that he’s already on the way to the café, I better get going.”

“Alright…and done!” Bom exclaimed as she finished applying a little hairspray to all of Dara’s curls. “Let me just fix your hat, and you’re good to go.”

“Thanks girls!” she smiled sweetly, “I’ll leave my house in your care then! I should be back in a few hours, and if you guys go out, you know where the spare key is.”

I nodded, “Have fun on your date.”

Dara paused for a moment as she was putting on her shoe, “Mmm,” she nodded slowly as she stood up. “I’ll be going then, bye,” she said as she walked out the door.

“Bye,” we waved.

As soon as the door shut, I turned to Bom and Minzy, “We should probably leave in ten minutes, so we don’t look too suspicious.”

“Mhmm,” Minzy agreed.

“Ah, I need to fix my hair before we go, ahhh!” Bom cried as she went to the bathroom to touch up her hair.

“I’ll text the boys,” I said as I reached for my phone.

 

To: Seungrat

From: Me

Dara just left for her date, we’ll start following her in ten minutes.

 

To: Me

From: Seungrat

Okay, Jiyong is about to leave to meet up with Sohee. We already informed him about the plan. And by the way, you look pretty today.

 

I felt warmth on my cheeks, Aish, this guy, he hasn't even seen me.

“Ah, are you blushing unnie??” Minzy exclaimed.

“No I’m not!” I practically scream as I cupped my cheeks trying to hide the blush.

“Is it because of Seungri?” She winked.

“No way! Why would I ever blush for that rat??” I turned away from her, “Where’s Bom? We should get going.”

“But unnie…it’s only been five minutes,” she laughed.

“I-I think I need to check my make-up,” I said as I went towards the vanity mirror in an attempt to get away from Minzy’s questioning.

Once Bom finally emerged from the bathroom after freshening up we locked Dara’s house and left towards the café that Dara and Donghae were going to.

After being seated, I whisper to Bom and Minzy, “Lucky that they have booths here or she would’ve spotted us in a second.”

“Yeah, and the fact that we’re seated next to her, with only a divider between us is super lucky,” Bom nodded.

“Shhhhh,” Minzy pressed her index finger to her lips, “I’m trying to listen.”

All of us went quiet as we pressed our ears to the divider.


(A/N: The pink text will be Dara and Donghae's converstion! Regular text will be the girls' converstion(: )

Ah, thank you so much for all of the notes Donghae,” Dara giggled.

“No problem, are you feeling better?” he asked.

“Mhmm, it was only a cold, nothing too bad.”

“But you were gone for 4 days, that’s a pretty bad cold.”

“Mmmm, it’s only because I was out in the pouring rain for a few hours without rain gear, silly me.”

“Why would you do something like that??? Are you really that much of an airhead?”

“Air-airhead???”


Did he just call her an airhead??? I looked over at Minzy who was staring at me with wide eyes.

“He just called unnie an airhead right…?”

I gritted my teeth and nodded, “Maybe…he was just teasing…” I pressed my ear against the divider again.


“Yeah, you’re a bit of an airhead,” he repeated.

Dara slowly started to clench her fists.

“I mean who stays out in the rain for hours without any rain gear?” he continued. “Only an idiot would.”

“What?! What did you just call me?” Dara cried.


“Ya! Did he just call my rabbit an idiot???” Bom started to stand up.

“Ya,” I yanked her arm down, “We need to keep listening, don’t make a scene.”

“Fine,” she gritted her teeth, “but if he continues, you’re not going to hold me back a second time.”


 

“So…you’re an idiot and you’re deaf?” he teased.

“Ya! I’m not deaf!” she said angrily.

“Then why did you just ask me what I just called you?” he rolled his eyes.

Dara harshly placed her hands onto the table and fiddled with her fingers, “I was hoping I heard you incorrectly,” she quietly said, “What happened to you?”

“What happened to me?” he scoffed, “Nothing, I’ve always been this way.”

“But-but-but,” she stuttered, “You were always so sweet, you thought my clumsiness was cute, and you listened to everything I said.”

He rolled his eyes and leaned towards her, “Of course I acted like that. Any good playboy knows that you have to act sweet before closing in on the prey.”

“Playboy??? Prey??” Dara gasped

“Never saw it coming did you?” he laughed.

She narrowed her eyes, “Why are you telling me this now? We haven’t even done anything.”

He laughed again, “trust me, I wouldn’t have said anything if you weren’t like this. I mean, it’s completely obvious that you’ve been using me. And I can’t stand it if my prey doesn’t pay attention to me.”

“Using you?” she hollowly said.

He sighed in frustration, “Using me to get Jiyong jealous. Please, anyone could see it. Both of our dates, you’d always hesitate whenever I touched you, you often look and talk to me but you don’t really see me, and most of all, you constantly space out. I used all of my techniques on you to make you fall for me, but you never even gave me a second glance. You're stubborn as hell and really not worth my time. Why in the world would I ever want a girl who is obvious about not wanting me? And why should I bother if there are plenty of other girls that want me?”

“Conceited bastard,” she mumbled as she clenched her fists, “then why did you ask me out in the first place, huh? I thought you liked me,” she glared at him.

“Like you? Me?” he laughed as if that was the most ridiculous thing he’d ever heard, “hardly. Why would I want a clumsy, stick thin girl with no curves? Please, the only reason I went after you was because of Jiyong, the guy you love.”

She blushed profusely, “I don’t love him.”

“Oh please,” he rolled his eyes, “I’ve been with enough girls to know.”

“Wait,” she realized something, “Why are you going after me just because of Jiyong? Don’t tell me…you want to make Jiyong jealous by asking me out? I mean, I had the same assumption that he was gay, but he isn’t, trust me.” She reached for his hand, “It’s best if you don’t pursue him,” she sincerely said.

His mouth was gaping open, “are you seriously that ing stupid??? Of course Kwon Jiyong is not gay! He is the biggest playboy in town. And when I heard about you, the girl that is always around him but have never been touched by him, I knew I had to get you. Once I had you, I could finally say I’ve beaten Jiyong, I finally won’t just be second to him,” he gritted his teeth before laughing evilly, “And the perfect opportunity arose when I happened to see him ditch you, so I went for it, but damn, you’re annoying and I haven’t even been able to lay a hand on you. By now I should’ve already had you in my bed.”


“!” I cursed as I stood up quickly, “I’m done just listening to this conversation. It’s just like Jiyong said, every guy, including Donghae, only wanted to get into Dara’s pants. We should be thankful Jiyong always stopped them. Come on girls, it’s time for us to interfere.”

“Finally!” Bom’s hands slammed onto the table as she stood up.

“I guess not all guys are what they seem,” Minzy said wistfully as she followed us.

We walked around the booths and were about to reveal ourselves when all of a sudden Dara stood up.

*SPLASH* An empty glass was in her hand and a red liquid was seeping into Donghae’s white shirt.

*ting ting* The door to the café opened and two people entered.

“!! YOU ING ! HOW DARE YOU!!” Donghae cursed while he raised his hand. *SLAPPPPP* A red mark could be seen on Dara’s cheek. “You ing deserved that for ruining my shirt. Do you know how much this shirt cost??”

Before we could intervene a figure rushed over to Donghae and punched him straight in the jaw. “HOW DARE YOU LAY A HAND ON HER? YOU ING MOTHERF*CKER!” The guy landed another punch on him.

Dara woke up from her daze and rushed over to the two guys, “Jiyong!! Stop!” she hugged the guy. Jiyong is here? I looked closer at the guy and inched my way towards them, It is Jiyong! Why is he here? Seungri never said that Jiyong would be coming to this café…Jiyong is meeting with Sohee…wait, don’t tell me, I looked towards the door and saw a pregnant girl around our age, That must be Sohee. I narrowed my eyes only to look past the café door to see four wide eyed idiots watching, Those four…aiya, I made a slight motion for them to come in once I made eye contact with Seungri before looking back to the scene at hand.

“WHY SHOULD I STOP DARA??? HE SLAPPED YOU!” Jiyong yelled as he glared at Donghae.

“It’s fine, just please calm down,” she hugged his side, “I probably deserved it anyways for throwing that strawberry juice on him.”

Jiyong looked over at Dara and cupped her cheeks, “I don’t believe that, you must have had a reason for doing such a thing. And there is no way that filthy guy should ever be able to touch you, let alone slap you.”

She closed her eyes and shook her head.

“Wow, now you show up, what are you? A knight in shining armor?” Donghae bitterly asked as he wiped his mouth.

Jiyong looked over at him, “I will always be her knight. And you must be Donghae?” he eyed him.

“Tch, you should already know my name,” Donghae scoffed.

“And why is that? The only reason I know your name is because of Dara,” Jiyong let go of Dara’s cheeks and folded his arms.

“You can’t be serious?” Donghae rolled his eyes, “We’ve met several times.”

Jiyong raised an eyebrow, “We have? Well,” he shrugged, “You aren’t a chick so there’s no reason for why I’d be interested in you. Oh,” his eyes widened, “don’t tell me, you’re the boyfriend of some I engaged myself with?”

Donghae started to clench his fist. I ran over and quickly grabbed his arms preventing him for punching Jiyong.

“Chaerin! What are you doing here??” Dara asked in surprise.

“Ah,” I nervously smiled and said, “We wanted to try this café too, you made it sound really good.”

“Are you ing serious?” Donghae interrupted our conversation, “You seriously don’t remember me?”

“Obviously,” Jiyong rolled his eyes, “stick to the program please.”

“I’m the second biggest playboy after you! We go to the same clubs and parties! I’m your rival!”

“Rival? Never heard of one,” Jiyong calmly said, “And by the way, my playboy days are over.”

“You not playing around? Ha! That’s the best joke I’ve heard all day,” Donghae sneered.

“Whether you believe it or not doesn’t matter to me,” he shrugged.

“Ji-jiyong,” a small voice stuttered, “What’s going on?”

Everyone looked over at Sohee.

Dara’s eyes widened and she slowly loosened her hold on Jiyong causing him to quickly take a hold of her hand. She glanced at their intertwined hands back up to Jiyong’s face over to Sohee's face in confusion.

“Wha-at are y-y-y-you do-doing Ji?” Dara whispered nervously.

“Holding your hand,” he said as he tightened his hold.

“Jiyong, what are you doing?” Sohee asked angrily as she started to approach him, “Let go of him you ,” she glared at Dara.

God I would so slap the out of her if she wasn’t pregnant, I thought angrily as I let go of Donghae’s arm.

Once that happened he slowly turned to look at Sohee. His eyes widened in surprise. He blinked slowly and started to raise his hand and pointed at her. By this time Sohee had also gotten close enough to clearly see Donghae’s face. Her eyes widened in surprise which was quickly followed by worry.

“YOU…YOU’RE PREGNANT SOHEE???” Donghae cried.


A/N: Hello!

I guess everything isn't how it seems, but wait...how does Donghae know Sohee? Until next time!