Chapter 20

My Gay Best Friend

Jiyong’s POV:

Dara? Where are you??? I quickly walk around the perimeter of the club, , I don’t see her anywhere on the dance floor or by the bar. Maybe she just went to the restroom? I should just make sure. I walked over to the women’s restroom.

“Excuse me,” I call to the girl that was about to go into the restroom, “Could you do me a favor and check if a girl named Dara is in there?”

After giving me a confused look the girl nodded only to emerge from the bathroom a minute later to tell me there was no one else in that restroom.

! Where is she??? I panicked. What if some random guy took her? What if she’s about to get ?? What she’s wearing could even tempt a gay man! Ugh. I looked everywhere until I saw an exit sign. Maybe…

I ran for the exit.

“JIYONG!!!” I heard a familiar voice cry as I opened the door. I looked over to where the voice was coming from and everything just turned red as I ran forward.

*PUNCH PUNCH KICK PUNCH KICK KICK PUNCH* “HOW DARE YOU ING TOUCH HER!!” *PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH*

“Ji,” her voice rang clearly into my ear as she tightly hugged me from the back, “You’re going to kill him, stop. Please, Ji.”

My field of vision starts to clear up as I stare down at the man that I was holding by his color. Blood was all over his face and my hands. Bruises were started to form all of over his face and body. He was barely conscious and was whimpering from the pain.

I gritted my teeth, “He ing touched you Dara, of course I’m going to ing kill him.” I raised my arm again ready to land another punch.

“Please, stop. I don’t want you to get in trouble. Let’s just go,” she cried into my back, I could feel her tears through my shirt.

I sighed, “Fine,” I start to let go of his collar before kicking him into the wall. After he landed I walked closer to him seeing he was still slightly conscious, I stomped my foot harshly on his most sensitive place causing him to jolt up in undescribably pain, "If you ever ing touch her again, this precious part," I grinded my foot even harder onto his jewels, "will be permanently severed, got it?" I snarled as I looked down to find him completely unconscious, "You ing piece of sh*t" I kicked him once more in that spot before turning to Dara only to see her upper half completely exposed with a handful of red marks along her neck and collarbone, “I should’ve killed him,” I mutter as I clenched my fists, “Um…you should fix your clothes Dara,” I say as I look away from her chest.

“Ano,” she shook as she held onto my shirt, “I-I-I can’t seem to m-m-move,” she cried desperately.

Don’t you dare touch anywhere unnecessary Jiyong. I’m warning you. Especially you junior! Don’t go scaring her, totally not the time or place, I thought frustrated as I felt my pants starting to tighten. I quickly ed my plaid blue shirt revealing my white undershirt and quickly wrapped it around her, making sure to pull her arms through the sleeves and to button it back up correctly. “Come on Dara, let me bring you ho-OH MY GOD,” she suddenly fainted onto the cold pavement, “Dara?” I rubbed her shoulders. She didn’t budge, what’s wrong? Don’t tell me that guy did something else to her??? Should I bring her to the hospital?? “Dara?!” I patted her shoulders.

“Mmmm?” she mumbled with her eyes closed.

“Come on, let me bring you home,” I urged her to stand up.

“Mmmm?” she slowly opened one eye.

“Home, let’s go,” I whispered as I tugged on her arms.

“Home?” she cutely tilted her head in confusion then she started to giggle, “You’re funny young man,” she continued to giggle.

“Huh?” I gaped, young man?? Hello, I’m your best friend!

“You’re so funny,” she giggled into her hands, “how would you know where I lived if I don’t even know you?”

“Don’t even…wait what?” I looked at her in disbelief, “But, Dara we do know each other.”

“I don’t recognize you, stop moving around so much,” she pouted, “anyways hic I shouldn’t be going home like this hic could I go with you young man?”

HUH??? I'm standing completely still and you say you don’t know me, yet want to go home with me? Is that how you are Dara? I shook my head at my troubled thoughts, “Like I said,” I patted her shoulder again, “we do know each other. Quite well. And I suppose…you could stay the night at my place,” I frowned, she’s going to an apartment full of guys…they’re my friends, BUT STILL. They are still men which makes them hungry wolves.

“Thank youuuuuuu,” she slurred. And she’s completely out of it, perhaps she's blacking out, I can smell some alcohol mixed with what? Apples?

“How about you stand up now?” I patiently asked.

She tried to push herself off the ground only to slump back down, “I can’t,” she pouted again, “everything is super dizzy.”

I sighed, This is why Dara and alcohol isn’t a good mix plus a short dress...aisht, “Okay,” I untied the jacket around my waist and tied it around her's so that she would be completely covered before I turning around and placing her hands around my neck, “I’m going to lift you up now, hold onto me.”

“Mhmmm,” she giggled as she tightened her hold on my neck.

I pulled her up in one go so that I was giving her a piggyback ride. Hmmm…maybe this is a good thing after all, I smiled as I felt her warmth against me. “Let’s go home.”

“Let’s goooo!” she pointed forward.

I chuckled, “Aigoo, we’re going the other way silly.”

“Ooops,” she giggled again, “By the way, what’s your name?”

I gulped, could she really not remember who I am? How much did she even have? She recognized me a few minutes ago, she's definitely out now, “Jiyong,” I slowly said.

“Jiiiiyongie?” she cutely said, “You have the same name as my best friend,” she stopped and tilted her head, “Well…former best friend.”

My heart stopped and I felt it hard to breathe, “Former? What happened?” I breathlessly ask.

“Hmmmm,” she laid her cheek onto my shoulder, “Things happened and I,” she rubbed her face into my shoulder, “I absolutely hate him!”

“What-” She cut me off.

“I hate his guts, you know? How could he do such things to me? I was his best friend! Or at least I thought I was! But what do I find out! He was completely fooling with me! How could he?” she ranted.

“I don’t thi-” I started to try and defend myself.

Tears start to stream down her face onto my undershirt, “Because of him everything seems to be crumbling! I realized how weak I really am because of him. I even thought that the person who saved me was him, but why would he be here? There was no way he’d be the one to save me. God I hate him so much,” she cried.

Each word was like a dagger to the heart, “What did he do?” I nervously asked.

“Why can’t he be a nice guy like you,” she cried ignoring my question, “you saved me. But I need saving from him. And every time I try to escape he keeps coming back. As if I can’t forget him even if I never see him.”

What have I done to her? Am I really the source of her pain? Unknowingly tears had already started to form at the corner of my eyes.

“You know,” she hiccupped, “I thought he was gay, crazy right?”

“Why?” I asked afraid to hear the answer, I’ve never been able to ask her all of this time and no one seems to want to tell me…

“If you knew him,” she bitterly chuckled, “You’d know he’s the biggest player on the face of the earth.” New tears start to roll down her face, “While I innocently thought he preferred men, he went off and slept with every in this town.”

She just said …she just said …my innocent baby girl just said ...S-L-U-T. My eyes closed trying to push away the tears. “I’m sure he didn’t sleep with every girl…” Ha…it’s like our roles are reversed and she’s calling girls s and I’m calling s girls. Oh, the irony…

“Yeah,” she scoffed, “Every girl but me because I was his ‘best friend’…why couldn’t he just choose me,” she mumbled the last part.

“What was the last thing you said?” I asked missing what she said after ‘best friend’.

“Nothing,” she rubbed her face into my shoulder again, “I just…really hate him.”

I remained quiet, she hates me…what do I do now?? The girl I love hates me?

She took a deep breath, “I HATE YOU KWON JIYONG! YOU HEAR THAT?! I HATE YOU!”

Aish, my eardrums, “Don’t worry, I hear you loud and clear,” I sadly reply.

“Ani! Not you Jiiiyongiieee, I would never hate you,” she tightened her hold on my neck, “I meant I hate Kwon Jiyong, not you Jiyongiee…plus you’re so much more handsome and nice.”

I’m more handsome than myself…so even a complete stranger is more handsome than me to her…UGH

“Ano…Jiyongie,” she whispered.

“Hmmm?” I asked.

“I don’t feel so good,” she said.

! ALMOST HOME. ALMOST THERE!!! I sprinted down the hallway to my apartment number and quickly opened the door. “Hold on, we’re almost there,” I tried to say calmly. Bathroom! God I hope Seunghyun hyung isn’t having his own personal concert in there right now. I ran to the nearest bathroom and gently got her off my back right in time for her to promptly puke into the toilet bowl.

“Ah, much better,” she contently smiled before passing out on the toilet bowl.

Dara…really shouldn’t be near alcohol again…then again, I guess I heard about how she truly feels for me. I frown as I wet my hankerchief to clean up . I gently lifted her princess style to carry her to my bed after removing my jacket from around her waist. After tucking her in, I turned to leave since she probably wouldn’t want to be in the same room as the guy she hates when a sound stopped me.

I turned back and looked at her face to see fresh tears. Gently sitting on the bed trying not to disturb her, I wiped her tears away with my thumb. “Don’t cry,” I cooed. Don’t cry my beautiful baby girl.

“I hate you Ji,” she whispered in her sleep.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized, “I didn’t mean to hurt you,” a tear fell from my face.

“I hate you so much…but,” more tears started to trickle down her face and her breathing started to calm down. Right as I was about to stand back up, she said a few more words, “why do I still love you so much Jiyong?” She completely fell asleep after speaking.

Love? She loves me? ...but what if she means friendship love? Family love? Or…I thought hopefully does she really mean the type of love that happens between lovers? I’ll find out soon.

I bent forward and closed my eyes as I placed a kiss onto her forehead, “I love you too baby girl,” I whisper.


A/N: Meep. Hate = Love, right? ;)

Please leave comments and let me know what you think.