Chapter 21

My Gay Best Friend

Dara’s POV:

UGH I slowly try to open my eyes, my head feels like its going to split in half. I rubbed my temple and suddenly become aware of the warmth around my hand. My eyes dart down towards my hand, Jiyong? Why is he....WHY IS HE IN MY ROOM??? “KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH” I scream.

“HUH?! WHAT HAPPENED??” Jiyong’s head bolted up from the mattress with sleepy eyes.

“Why are you in my room?!” I screamed, I was drunk last night…wait don’t tell me we…I look beneath the sheets to see that I’m wearing his shirt. “YOU ME LAST NIGHT??” What the hell!

“WHAT?” Jiyong’s eyes widened, “I did no such thing,” he groaned, “Aish my back,” he sat up straight and arched his back backwards, “So this is how it feels to sleep sitting up while only leaning on a bed, people in dramas make it look so comfortable and romantic, psh,” he muttered.

Why is he here? Last thing I remember is dancing in the club with the girls. What happened after, I thought hard about what happened last night, ugh, I swear I’m never drinking again after this hangover I winced.

“Ah, your head must be killing you,” Jiyong studied my face, “You probably have a hangover,” he frowned slightly, “let me get you some aspirin and water.”

He slowly let go of my hand as he stood up and went towards the door. This isn’t my room…? I looked around and saw a room that was completely different from my own, I’m in Jiyong’s room, my eyes looked down at my covered body, I’m in Jiyong’s BED!! I blushed. Even though we’ve been friends for so long, I’ve only seen his room a handful of times. He usually doesn’t like me coming over to his place, I frown, now that I think about it, I’ve never seen any of his housemates here whenever I come over. How strange…

“Earth to Darong,” Jiyong waved a hand in front of me pouting, “I got you some stuff to ease your hangover.”

I quickly took the aspirin and drank all the water in one go, I must have been really thirsty, “Thanks,” I said, “I think I should get going,” I said embarrassed as I started removing the sheets.

He stopped me, “Don’t you even realize what you’re wearing?! How can you go out like that?” he asked in a hard voice.

What I’m wearing? I glance down at my upper half to see his shirt around me, I forgot I was wearing his shirt! Wait…why am I wearing his shirt?! Did he…did we…I looked up at him and starting waving my arms frantically punching him in the process, “What did you do to me you -crazed maniac?? How could you freaking me?!!” I start yelling again.

His eyes widened instantly after hearing what I said, he grabbed my hands to prevent me from punching him, “YA! -CRAZED MANIAC??? What do you think I am??” he yelled back.

“YA! YOU -CRAZED MANIAC! Don’t think I haven’t heard about you now! You sleep with any girl! How could you?!” I cried, “How could you take advantage of me while I was drunk?!”

His eyes started to soften and his hold on my wrists started to loosen, “Ya,” he said softly as he completely released my wrists and wiped away my tears not even bothering to stop my hands from slapping his chest, “First of all, I didn’t you or take advantage of you, I thought we already went over that.”

I stared at him, “Then why am I in you room, in your bed, with only your shirt on?!” I stopped hitting him as hard.

“You were completely out last night Dara, you didn’t want your parents to see you like that. So, I thought it’d be better if I brought you here. You’re sleeping in my bed because where else would you sleep? And you’re wearing other things besides my shirt…” he ended quietly.

I looked down and see the hem of my dress right below the hem of his shirt, “Oh…” I said quietly, “I should return this shirt to you then,” he probably gave it to me because I was cold, I start to the shirt.

“Stop!” he suddenly yelled.

“Why? This is your shirt, so I should return it to you before I go,” I quickly got to the middle set of buttons, Strange…I don’t remember my dress being this low cut…? All of a sudden I noticed my s were completely bare and my dress was crumpled and ripped around my waist. Memories of last night flashed through my head. Jaejoong… I quickly pulled the shirt together, completely hiding my chest, “What…” I started to shake, “I was…last night…”

Jiyong quickly sat on the bed and pulled me into a warm hug, “Shhh,” he cooed, “It’s okay, you’re fine now. Nothing happened. I was able to stop him. Shh,” he gently rubbed my back.

I slowly raised my hands and clung onto his shirt, “He…he almost…” I shook more.

“It’s okay, I was able to stop him. This won’t happened ever again,” he said soothingly into my ear, “I’ll always be there to protect you.”

I slowly nodded my head.

“How about you take a nice, hot shower while I prepare us some breakfast?” he smiled as he pulled away, “It’ll wash everything that happened last night away.”

“Mhmm,” I nodded.

He wiped my tears away, tears I hadn’t even felt falling down my face, “I’ll get you some of my clothes for you to wear.”

I nod again as he stood up and walked towards his closet, Wait…what about my bra and undies??? I didn’t wear a bra last night because of the dress and I am not wearing the same underwear after I shower…that’s just…ew. But how do I ask him…I looked up at him panicking.

“What’s wrong?” He asked when he noticed my staring as he placed a set of clothes at the foot of the bed.

“Um…umm…” I pressed my index fingers together nervously, “You know…um…I need those things too….” I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment.

He raised an eyebrow, “Those things? Can you be more specific Dara?”

“You know!! Those types of things!!!” I desperately said, my face must be as red as a tomato.

“Ah!” his eyes widened, “Did you need me to get you some pads? Don’t be so shy, you’ve asked me several times already,” he chuckled, “Ever since that time in high school,” he laughed at the memory, “I’ll just run to the convenience store really fast then.”

“Ani!” I shook my head, “Not pads…other things…that girls need…that guys don’t.”

“Other things?” he looked at me in confusion, “Not pads…” Then his eyes widened again, “Ah! Underwear?” he asked slightly blushing.

I nodded while not making eye contact with him.

“Ah…um…what size?” he nervously asked.

Why is he so nervous? Shouldn’t he be used to bras and underwear by now? Or maybe he’s just used to taking them off people… “Small…” I whisper.

“Can you repeat that?”

“SMALL!” I practically shout quickly burying my face into my hands out of embarrassment.

“Ok, one more thing, ummm…” he nervously continued, “both or just…lower?”

“Both…….” I said into my hands.

“Okay, I’ll be back before you’re done showering. I’ll leave it outside my bathroom so you can just grab it. There should also be a clean towel in the bathroom cabinet for you to use …”

“Mhmm…” I nodded as I heard his door close. I look up to see that he was already gone. Gahhhhh! That was so embarrassing!! I rolled around on his bed, We were talking as if we were still in high school! We just finished college, gaaaaaaah! Omo, the girls must be worried about me! I looked around and didn’t see my phone, I’ll ask Ji about it later…I know I had it at the club…

I slowly got out of his bed and grabbed the clothes he gave me, a white graphic T-shirt and black jeans, before heading towards his bathroom. Just like he promised by the time I had finished showering there was a black plastic bag on the outside handle of the bathroom door. Once I was fully clothed and my hair was mostly dry I walked outside towards the kitchen where a delicious smell was coming from.

“Feeling better?” Jiyong turned around and smiled.

Aigoo, how can he look so cute! He was wearing a cute apron and holding spatula in his hand, “Yeah…thanks by the way,” I blushed again.

“Any time,” he blushed, “Anything for you,” he sincerely smiled. He turned back to the stove and flipped something. “I’m almost done with the pancakes.”

“Ah, you know," I rubbed part of my neck, "it’s strange, I found some weird bug bites on the lower part of my neck and my collarbone, do you have some itch cream I could use?” I ask.

His hand tightened around the spatula, “Knock on Dae’s Door and ask for some cream to cover those up…that boy has a lot of cosmetics.”

“Mhmm,” I nodded, “Which door?”

“The second one on the left,” he replied, “It should say ‘Pirate King’ or something. I think Youngbae is still out and about so it’s only Daesung in that room right now.”

“Mhmm,” I nodded again as I walked towards the door.

“Oh,” Jiyong called out, “And don’t worry, I squashed the bug that did that to you,” he gritted his teeth.

“Thanks,” I giggled unaware of what he meant.

*Knock Knock* I knocked on Daesung’s door.

The door started to open revealing a topless, buff man, This must be Daesung, he’s pretty cute too and buff hehe, “Hi,” I greeted.

“Hi?” he replied half asleep while rubbing his eye.

“Ji asked me to ask you for some cream?”

“Cream?” he eyes finally opened all the way and saw me, “Oh my goodness!!! Noona,” he looked down to see he was only in his boxers and quickly hid behind the door, only showing his head, “I’m so sorry noona, I didn’t know you were here," he replied worried and embarassed.

“It’s okay,” I laughed, “Um…would I be able to use some cream? I seem to have gotten some bug bites or something,” I tugged the collar of my shirt to reveal the marks.

His eyes widened, “Ah…those types of bites…hold on noona, I’ll be right back,” he closed his door completely before opening it again but this time he was fully clothes, “Here,” he placed two bottles in my hand, “Use this one to relieve the redness,” he pointed to one, “and use this to cover those marks,” he pointed at the other, “Make sure you blend it in well. After you use them, you shouldn’t be able to see those marks anymore.”

“Thanks! I’ll return them when I’m done,” I said.

“No problem,” he smiled.

Cute eye smile, I naturally smiled back.

After I applied the two creams, I returned the bottles back to him and invited him to come eat with us, but he declined saying he wanted to sleep a bit more.

I returned to the kitchen table, “Daesung has such a cute eye smile, it just makes me want to smile back.”

“Yeah,” he chuckled, “He can do that. So I’m guessing the marks are gone,” I nodded, “Good, oh and don’t go falling for Daesung just because of his smile,” he teased.

I giggled, “Okay, ah! I can’t seem to find my phone, the girls must be really worried…”

“Oh,” he took out some plates for us, “I already let the girls know that you’re safe with me,” he placed a plate of pancakes in front of me, “And also scolded them for not looking out for you,” he frowned. “And I picked up your phone last night, it was on the ground,” he pulled it out from his pocket.

“Thanks,” I took it from him and placed into my jean pocket, “It’s all my fault…” I poked my pancakes with a fork.

He placed a glass of orange juice in front of me before sitting down, “No, it’s not. I’m just glad I got there in time. If something had happened to you,” he gripped his fork tightly, “I really would have killed him.”

“Thank you again,” I said quietly, “Where are the other boys? I don’t see them anywhere? Should we go wake them up for breakfast?”

“They’re probably still dead asleep from last night, plus these pancakes are only for us,” he grinned.

Us. I smiled at the thought before digging into my pancakes. “Wow, these are delicious, you should cook for me more,” I joked.

“I’ll cook for you every single day,” he smiled sweetly.

I blush and continue eating.

As soon as we were done eating, I helped wash our dishes. “I think I should go now,” I held the bag with my clothes from last night, “I’ll see you later, thanks for saving me and for the food,” I turned and walked towards the front door. When I leave, things will go back to the way they were, right?


Author’s POV:

“I’ll see you later, thanks for saving me and for the food,” she turned away from him and walked towards the front door.

I can’t let her leave like this…who knows when we’ll see each other again. “Wait!” he cried as he ran up behind her and quickly wrapped his arms around her waist. “Please, don’t go just yet,” he tightened the back hug, “Please,” he begged as he placed his head next to hers, “I miss you so much Dara. Don’t go.”

Dara stayed frozen, He’s giving me a back hug…he’s stopping me…he’s begging me to stay…why???

“I miss you so much Dara,” he confessed again, “So much. I was stupid for saying that we should go back to the way we were after everything that happened. So many things happened so fast, there was no way we’d be the same after that. These past few months have been torture for me. Please. I miss you. I miss us. Please don’t go Dara.”

Tears started to form in her eyes, “I miss you too Ji, I miss you so much,” she started crying.

He quickly turned her around wrapped her into his embrace, “I missed you more, you don’t even know.”

They continued to hug until Jiyong pulled away to see her tear stained face, “Ah, don’t cry, we should be happy, right?” he wiped the remaining tears.

“Ya! I’m not the only one crying here,” she teased, God, how I’ve missed him. I thought I finally stopped crying over him…that I’ve finally gotten over him. I guess, I will always be shedding tears for him…and I’ll always love him. He’ll always be a part of me. And…both of us will just have to deal with it, she thought.

“I’m not crying,” he pouted.

“Right,” she smiled.

“So…you’re not leaving, right?”

She shook her head.

“Do you want to go anywhere?” he asked.

“Mmmm…Let’s go out shopping like old times?” she suggested, let’s take it slow.

“Not like old times,” he grinned much to her confusion.

“We can’t go shopping together anymore?” she asked worried.

“Not like we used to,” he smiled even wider, “We used to go out on shopping trips together, today, we’re going on a shopping date.”

“Date?” her eyes widened.

“Date,” he winked.


A/N: KYAAAAAAAAH Next chapter is the last chapter! ^___^