Chapter 15

My Gay Best Friend

Chaerin’s POV:

“I think I’m in love with her,” Jiyong said with pleading eyes.

Did he just say…I narrowed my eyes towards him, “Her? Who? Dara? Or…?”

“Dara, of course!” he said in exasperation. “Please, please help me,” he cried.

“You love her?” I asked slowly.

He nodded.

Now you realize your feelings for her?! I glare at him, “You only realize that now?! It took you 7 years to figure out that you love her?” I asked frustrated.

“I-I-I,” he stumbled for words, “I didn’t even realize what I felt for her. I thought she was just my best friend, I thought that she was like a sibling. But…I was so wrong. She’s helped change me into a different person. You saw how I was in middle school, you saw how ed up I was back then. And now…I barely go out. I only go out on weekends…I still sleep around to let my frustrations out, but it’s different from before please. Please, I need to talk to Dara, I need to explain things. Please,” he begged. By the time he was finished, he was on his knees.

I suppose that’s true…he was majorly messed up in middle school. I sighed, “Fine, I’ll try and help, but I can’t guarantee anything.”

He solemnly nodded, “Thank you.”

“I’ll see you later Jiyong-ah.”

“Thank you Chaerin-ssi, you know how to contact me,” he said as he stood up and dusted himself off.

I started to walk away when I heard my phone go off.

 

To: Me

From: Rat

Hey Chaerin <3 I need to talk to you

 

Not the time for this, ugh this rat.

 

To: Rat

From: Me

Right now is SO not the time.

 

*beep beep*

 

To: Me

From: Rat

I really need to talk to you though!

 

To: Rat

From: Me

ABOUT WHAT?! I bet it’s something useless again.

 

To: Me

From: Rat

Sorry, I just really want to talk to you about Hyung and Dara Noona.

 

I sighed and looked up into the sky, If it’s for Dara…I suppose I can tolerate him.

 

To: Rat

From: Me

Alright, I’ll meet you at the club tonight at 7 to talk.

 

To: Me

From: Rat

Got it! I’ll be bringing the boys too.

 

To: Rat

From: Me

Okay, I’ll ring Bom Unnie and Minzy up.

 

Sigh…I hope that you are actually worth it Kwon Jiyong. If you break her heart again, I swear to god I will kill you.


Author’s POV:

At the Club~

Chaerin walked into the VIP room of the usual club only to see Seungri, Daesung, Seunghyun, and Youngbae already seated on the couches.

“Ah, Hello,” she bowed.

“Hey Chaerin,” Seungri winked.

She just ignored him and turned to Youngbae, “Bom Unnie is picking Minzy up right now and said she was on the way,” she smiled.

“Ah, I see,” Youngbae smiled.

Just then Bom and Minzy walked through the door, “Ah, sorry we’re late,” they bowed, “Hello,” they greeted as they sat beside Chaerin across from the boys.

“So, spill rat. What did you want to talk about?” Chaerin asked harshly causing the boys to recoil a little.

Seungri held his hands together as he looked to the floor, “We’ve already talked about it, but we need your help. I’m assuming you’ve heard about Sohee, right?”

Chaerin, Bom, and Minzy nodded.

“Well,” Daesung continued, “all of us are pretty sure that the child she’s pregnant with isn’t Jiyong Hyung's. No matter how much hyung plays around, he wouldn’t let such a thing happen. Hyung always makes sure that both him and his partner are protected. He's smart enough to use protection every time. He knows he doesn't want to bring a child into this world at this point of his life. All of his life he's been an unwanted child, and experiencing that," he shook his head, "He would never wish that upon any child."

“How can you be so sure?” Minzy cautiously asked, “Even with protection...things do happen…”

Seunghyun cleared his throat and started talking, “First things first, you need to know about what type of person Sohee is. You see, normally Jiyong doesn’t really remember the names of the girls he plays with,” he swallowed, “However, Sohee was different, she wanted to make sure he would know her name. She was basically his stalker.”

“His stalker???” Bom gasped, “So she’d follow him around???”

“Ah,” Youngbae said, “You know how Jiyong has a rule that any girl he sleeps with can’t acknowledge him if they see him on the streets, right? So Sohee wouldn’t approach him outside the club, but it was as if she always knew when he’d be out and where he would be. Any girl that would try to flirt with Jiyong, she would threaten and push aside. Once she did that,” he shrugged, “she’d try to lure him into her bed. And basically, she repeated that for months.”

“So…what you’re saying is, she’s obsessed with him?” Chaerin raised an eyebrow.

“Well,” Seungri answered, “to be blunt, yes. As soon as we caught onto how obsessed she was with him, we confronted her about it. We even threatened to file a restraining order on her when she kept trying to follow him home. However,” he looked back down towards his shoes, “most of the time he wouldn’t go home directly, so,” he rubbed the back of his neck, “I think Sohee had thought Dara’s house was his house.”

“Does she know about unnie then?” Bom asked quietly.

“I don’t think so,” Seunghyun replied, “we were able to stop her before Dara ever revealed herself. I don’t even want to think about what would have happened if Sohee knew Jiyong always crawled back to Dara.”

“So, what does all of this have to do with your belief that Jiyong isn’t the father?” Minzy asked.

“Well,” Daesung rubbed the back of his neck, “From when we threatened her to file a restraining order, that was probably about 6 or so months ago, and from what I’ve heard from Jiyong and Seungri, Sohee is probably just past her first trimester. So, logically there is no way the child is hyung. Although, he doesn’t remember the names of the girls he’s gone to bed with in the last few months, there hasn’t been very many, he'd be able to recognize Sohee. He knows how Sohee is and would avoid her at all costs. And he said that he hasn’t seen her in 6 months right, Seungri?”

“Yes…he’s absolutely sure that the child isn’t his since logically it doesn’t make any sense,” Seungri sighed.

“Why doesn't he get it checked?” Chaerin asked.

“That’s the thing,” Youngbae raked his hand through his hair, “it’s the most suspicious part. Sohee won’t go to the hospital. She absolutely refuses to do so, she even made a scene when Jiyong asked to go confirm it. He couldn’t chase after Dara and explain it to her either because of Sohee, if you had seen him that night,” he shook his head, “he looked like . I’ve never seen him that bad.”

“What’s even crazier,” Daesung continued, “From what the girls have been saying, Jiyong made sure to tell them that he’ll no longer play with any of them anymore.”

“When did that happen?” Seunghyun asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Well, I think it was the last Friday, you know the day he was freaking out about where Dara was because she wasn’t responding to him?” Daesung responded.

“Ah,” Seunghyun nodded.

“Either way,” Seungri went back on topic, “logically it can’t be his child and her behavior is suspicious. So we need your help to uncover the truth about her.”

The girls nodded, “Okay, we’re in,” Chaerin nodded, “But what about Dara?”

“Well, I’m pretty sure we all know that hyung is in love with the girl, even if he hasn’t admitted it,” Youngbae said.

“No,” Chaerin shook her head, “he came looking for me and…he begged me for help,” she told them what he had said earlier that day, “he said he’s in love with her,” she quietly finished.

All the girls and guys looked at Chaerin. “Hyung finally admitted it?” Seungri smiled.

Chaerin gave a small smile and nodded.

“Okay, then,” Seungri clapped his hands together, “Let’s make a plan to get them together why don’t we? First things first, we’ll need to reveal that Sohee isn’t Jiyong’s child and we need to prove that to Dara. After we do that we need to help Jiyong win Dara’s heart.”

Minzy shook her head, “Jiyong already owns Dara’s heart…what she needs is his trust. She needs to know the truth.”

“You mean,” Daesung’s eyes widened, “Dara noona’s in love with hyung too?”

Bom glared at him, “She’s been in love with him for a very long time. Can you imagine that? A girl in love with the same guy for 7 years? Not only is he some guy, he's her best friend. AND she thought he was gay. Only to find out on the same day that the man she thought was gay isn’t and the fact that he sleeps around and supposedly got some girl pregnant. How do you think she feels now???”

Seunghyun went over to her and sat beside her, “We've never really interacted with her because of him, we never would have imagined that she thought he was gay…,” he rubbed her shoulder, “And Jiyong wanted to do anything and everything to prevent her from knowing about his night life.”

“I know,” she nodded as she leaned on his shoulder.

“Ah, unnie just texted me,” Minzy interrupted, “she has a date with Donghae tomorrow…”

Youngbae sighed loudly, “As much as I would love Jiyong and Dara to get together already, it will take time. And perhaps…this Donghae guy will be better for her than Jiyong. I think we should check it out by ourselves first. Some of use with watch over Dara’s date and the other half with somehow drag Sohee to the hospital. How does that sound?” Donghae...why does that name sound so familiar...? Youngbae thought.

“How are we supposed to drag her there though? You said she made a scene when Jiyong, her obsession, suggested going to the hospital, how are we supposed to convince her?” Chaerin asked.

“We…could use Jiyong to lure her out and knock her unconscious until we bring her to the hospital?” Daesung suggested.

“Aish,” Seungri rubbed his temples, “We’ll use that plan for now. We’ll use Jiyong as bait then and somehow get her to the hospital. As for Dara noona, it would be best if the group observing her date would interfere if they find anything wrong with this Donghae guy. Okay?”

They nodded.

“Since we’re probably going to be over at Dara’s tomorrow to help her prepare, we can look after her,” Bom suggested, “And you guys need to explain the plan to Jiyong; however, you can’t mention Dara at all, got it?”

The boys nodded, “Makes sense. We’ll text each other the progress on both situations. Team, break?” Youngbae placed his hand in the center.

“Break!” they all shouted after their hands were all in the center.

As the girls left the room to head to Dara’s, Minzy whispered, “I really hope Donghae messes up tomorrow so that we can interfere.”

“I just hope,” Bom responded, “that Jiyong is really worth it.”

Chaerin nodded in agreement, “If Jiyong screws this up…we wouldn’t even allow him the chance to impregnate any girls in the future, right girls?” she grinned.

“Right!” they agreed.

Back in the room, the boys laid back in exasperation, “I hope everything goes according to plan,” Daesung said nervously.

“Same here, bro,” Seunghyun shook his head.

“It looks like hyung is finally serious about Dara,” Seungri sighed.

“He’s always been serious about her,” Youngbae clasped his hands together and touched his forehead to his hands, “but he needs to prove his worth to her, prove his love, and never let her go.”

*beep beep*

Youngbae looks at his phone, “It’s a message from Jiyong, it says ‘Seungri was right...I’m in love with Dara, I probably have always been in love with her and was too stupid to even realize it until now. But I need to get Sohee out of the picture, can you help me out?’” he laughed, “Of course, what are brothers for?”


A/N: Hello! Sorry this chapter was kind of boring :( Next chapter will be more exciting! I promise :) thanks for reading!

Almost all of the cards are on the table, soon everything will be revealed. Until next time.