Inconvenient feelings =P

Favourite Friend

 

It was 5 am.

The dawn was just starting to give way to morning light as Hyukjae crept through the hallway on his tip-toes, shoes in hand. Waking up had been a Herculean effort, especially with his recent habits of sleeping in, but he knew the pay off would be worth it.

Holding his breath, he pried the door open as noiselessly as possible.

As expected, she was inside – huddled over the stereo system in the corner, in her ready-to-dance attire of a baggy sweater and Capri leggings.

He smirked.

This was going to be fun.

“Prepare to be surprised, little prankster!”  

 

1, 2, 3…

“BOO!”

At the sudden sound and the feel of cold fingers clamping around her neck, Hyoyeon let out an ear splitting scream and jumped up, flinging her arms around wildly.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh”

‘Ok maybe it wasn’t such a good idea after all. She became violent when she was scared.’

“Hey it’s just me.. Hey.. hey!” but Hyoyeon was far too hysterical so panicking, Hyukjae quickly covered with one hand and wrapped the other around her waist to hold her still.

 

Jolts of electricity attacked his fingertips causing him to hastily draw back his fingers – feeling like he had been burned.

 

“LEE HYUKJAE!” she yelled even louder when she finally realized the situation.

“Err.. ye –ah?”

“What the hell were you trying to do?”

“I .. umm.. I .. you.. what?”

Hyoyeon glared at him like he had lost his mind and realizing he was actually staring at her

 

- specifically her body -

 

looked down.

 

 

‘Oh crap!’ Her cheeks flamed up. Her sweater – that had been loosely tied around her neck since she felt overheated from her warm up – was on the floor and she was now just in her sports bra.  

She snatched the baggy garment quickly and pulled it over her head.

 

“I’m .. sorry. I just wanted to surprise you.” Hyukjae seemed to find his voice now that she was sufficiently covered.

 

Hyoyeon, on the other hand, wanted the earth to open up and swallow her. It’s not that she was a prude. She used to wear tummy bearing t-shirts all the time and even had her belly button pierced but since she had.. err.. “developed” magically after moving to China, she felt self-conscious. 

“Uh yea, you surprised me, congrats..” she mumbled, still not daring to meet his eyes.

 

This is so weird! Why is it so weird! We never used to have any weird moments .. except for that one time but I didn’t feel shy around him before. Could Mei Li be right..? No way… right? It’s just because we haven’t seen each other in so long. Yes, that’s right. We just need to re-adjust. You can do this.. just brush it off, Hyoyeon. Play it cool!

 

Taking a deep breath, she laughed outloud, “Nice one oppa. ha-ha-ha. I almost had a heart attack. Hey, you want some water?”

“Uh .. sure,” Hyukjae’s brain was running in overdrive as well.

 

 

What the hell just happened right there? Am I really a ert? Why was I staring at her body?

‘Damn straight, she’s your best friend, dude. It’s just wrong!’ Angel Hyukjae chimed.

‘No way, she may be your friend but she’s also a girl. So it was a completely normal reaction for seeing a girl in her you-know-what for the first time. No harm done.’ Devil Hyukjae stuck his tongue out.

That’s right! I would have reacted like that if it was ANY girl.. and maybe the fact that we just met again after six months is making me act weird. We just need to spend more time together and things will be back to normal in no time.

 

“Thanks,” Hyukjae took the water bottle and guzzled it all in one go.

“Wow someone’s thirsty but that’s all the water you’re getting so if you want more you have to walk to the water cooler, oppa!” Hyoyeon joked lightly before walking back to the stereo. She was much calmer now.

“Nah, I’m good.”  So was he.

 

“So find any time to brush up your dance skills in China?” he went back to doing what he did best – teasing her.

“Duh! Captain Obvious, don’t you know I went there just to prepare for our battle in secret.”

“Oh really? Let’s see what you got then.”

“Oh I’ll show you! Prepare to lose buddy!”

 

Half an hour of dancing later, they both dropped to the ground in exhaustion. Something magical always happened every time they danced together. It was like they conversed through the language of dance - matching each other’s passion and love for dancing. And despite all the smack-talk and bravado, it always ended in a draw with the both of them admiring and wanting to learn from each other.

So just like that, the balance was restored.

They were back to being Hyoyeon and Hyukjae.. best friends forever.

*********************************************************************************

Hello dearest readers!

thank you so much for your lovely comments. I was so touched by them that I wrote this chapter just for you - HyoHyuk lovers. It wasn't in the plan .. I was going to get into the angst rightaway but I couldn't let you all down so soon so I wrote in some moments for you guys to enjoy while you read the next update.. updates? So be warned. You might not like what you read in the near future but we need drama, right? and remember that my name is HyoHyukOTP so it will be worth it in the end... maybe? *evil laugh*  (I've already written the ending so only I know. sorry! you'll just have to keep reading =D) 

thanks and please continue to comment and I will continue to update. How's that? :)