Catching up with old friends.. and new

Favourite Friend

 

A/N: Before you read, I should warn you.. this chapter came out of nowhere. I just sat down to write and it literally flowed out of my mind. What to do? the original plot keeps getting pushed and pulled around but I can't control how this story wants to go; as odd as that sounds.. So join me for the ride? I definitely have the end and the HyoHyuk moments all written already cheeky but everything that happens in between depends on my brain's mood so if it takes a bit longer to get to, please be patient! ok, on to the update.( I hope the warning that there is no Hyukjae in this chapter will keep you from being disappointed)

 

Three weeks had gone by since Hyoyeon had returned from China…

 

“Hyosookie! You're coming to the movie, right?” Sooyoung asked as she popped her head into the basement practise room – Hyoyeon’s home away from home.

“Uh.. I would love to Soo, but I can’t today!”

“Lameeeee… are you going to practise with Hyukjae oppa?”

Hyoyeon gave her a sheepish nod.

“But you guys have been practising like… every single day since you got back!”

 

(Hyoyeon had a showcase coming up - where she would have to perform the dances she learned in China - requiring her to rehearse day and night. Hyukjae also was busier than ever since the company heads had decided to put him in MC and Interviewing training. So they really looked forward the evenings they got together. It was a time to relax and dance - just for fun.)

 

“Every other day! And not on weekends,” The shorter girl pointed out; now laughing at taller one’s tantrum.

“Same difference! But really Hyo, come on it’s Friday night! We’ve hardly spent any time with you! Just the other day, Sica was saying she heard more from you when you were in China.”

“But I eat lunch with you guys every day!”

“I knowwwwww….” Sooyoung wailed, “but we don’t spend our free time together! That’s what friends do.. otherwise we are just.. uh.. classmates! Yes, classmates.”

 

“Ok ok guilt trip mission – success! let me call oppa, kay?”

“Yesss! See you upstairs in 20 minutes! We’re going to Sica’s to get ready.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Aren’t we just going to the movies? Why are you three getting all dolled up?”

Hyoyeon was looking curiously as Sooyoung, Jessica and Yuri fought over the mirror in Jessica and her younger sister, Krystal’s bathroom.

“I have to look perfect for Donghae oppa. Oh my god guys! He saw me in dance class earlier and I was all gross and sweaty – ew!! Need to erase all memories of that asap!” Jessica added more blush to her cheeks.

"Yuri ya?"

“Yunho oppa’s going to be there!” she winked.

“WHAT? Choi Sooyoung, don’t tell me Changmin oppa’s going to be there too!” Hyoyeon glared at her old friend who simply gave her an innocent shrug in response, “What can I say? He can’t stay away from me!”

 

(In the time that Hyoyeon had been gone, lots of new loveliness had blossomed at SM Entertainment. Among them, Yunho and Yuri had just started dating casually while Sooyoung and Changmin were celebrating their fourth month together. And of course, Donghae and Jessica were stronger than ever after hitting a brief patch two months ago.)

 

“Then what am I doing there? I’m going to be the third.. no wait.. the seventh wheel!” Hyoyeon cried out in alarm. “Ya you guys go ahead, I’m going home.”

Instantly three pairs of arms attached themselves on her – dragging her to the stool in front of the mirror.

“It’s not like that Hyo! It’s a big group thing. Lots of people are meeting us there!”

“Like who?”

“Stella, SoYeon unni, Yeon hee, Jaejoong oppa, Heechul oppa, Junsu oppa, Heebon unnie, Yoochun oppa, Kibum oppa, Youngwoon oppa, Taeyeon and MiYoung and..”

“Ok ok, I get the picture,” Hyoyeon stopped Yuri before she ran out of breath.

*******************************************************************

“Here! This is perfect. Put this on!” Jessica had magically vanished and reappeared in a matter of seconds.

Hyoyeon looked down at her hands and found a dress that was more Jessica’s style than hers.

“What’s wrong with what I’m wearing?”

“Uh…” Jessica looked her current outfit up and down with her nose scrunched up – “cargo pants and an orange tank top is like street wear Hyo! Good for dance but not a movie date!”

“But I’m not even going on a date!”

 

“Yea Sica! What were you thinking!” Yuri scolded her while Sooyoung covertly pinched her elbow.

The secretive looks between the three girls went undetected by Hyoyeon who was closely observing the garment in her hands.

 

“We’re all wearing dresses Hyo, so take one for the team?” Yuri sweet-talked her while pushing her towards the bedroom to change.

“The things I let you guys talk me into!” Hyoyeon complained but followed anyway.

It would be fun to get dressed up with her girlfriends. Ever since she had returned from China, she had been caught with rehearsals for the special showcase so much that sweat pants and tank tops had become her uniform.

 

“Ah~~ I forgot how fun dresses are,” Hyoyeon giggled as she twirled around for her friends. 

Sooyoung and Yuri couldn't stop squealing about how cute she looked while Jessica went off to get “the perfect-est pair” of flats.

*******************************************************

They were finally ready twenty more minutes later and at the theatre in forty after being dropped off by Mrs. Jung.

When they arrived, there was already a big group waiting at the entrance with Yunho, being the responsible one, doing head counts and handing out tickets. Yuri went up to help him, exchanging still slightly shy smiles.

 

 

“Oppa!” Jessica let out her signature dolphin squeal when she spotted her boyfriend. Changmin still hadn’t arrived so both Sooyoung and Hyoyeon followed her.

“Hi my pretty girls,” Donghae smiled and hugged them each before going back to Jessica’s side.

“It’s a nice surprise seeing you here, Hyoyeonnie.” Donghae grinned.

“Wae oppa?”

“I thought you and Hyukjae were practising!”

“Ah yeah, the girls emotionally blackmailed me into it!” Hyoyeon laughed while getting fake strangled by Sooyoung.

 

"Oppa, I'm wearing the headband you bought me! Do I look pretty?"

"Of course, princess!"

Donghae leaned in for a kiss..

 

"And that's our cue to leave!" With a laugh, Hyoyeon quickly dragged Sooyoung by the hand away from the lovebirds and was on her way to say hi to the other trainees when Yunho clapped his hands, “Ten minutes before show time! Let’s go everyone!”

“Aigoo, he’s late again! He really needs a..”

A pair of big hands covered Sooyoung’s eyes, “What do I need, Choi Sooyoung?” A manly voice demanded making her break out into a happy smile, “A human timekeeper, oppa!” She stuck her tongue out, “and I volunteer myself for the job."

"I'm so lucky my girlfriend has both beauty and brains!"

Changmin wrapped his arms around his girlfriend.

 

 

“Annyeong Hyoyeonah.”

Hyoyeon, who was watching the new couple curiously, (still giddy about her friends’ new relationships) was startled by a deep husky whisper almost in the shell of her ear.

 

It sent a shiver down her spine.

Turning around, she was surprised by who was standing behind her and bowed quickly.

 

 

“Yoochun oppa, annyeonghaseyo.”