Unexpected feelings..

Favourite Friend

 

The night before the showcase,

Hyoyeon had just completed her closed set dress rehearsal.

“Good job kiddo!” Jaewon, her dance teacher patted her on the back. “You’re going to knock everyone’s socks off.”

“You think so, oppa?”

“I know so.” He winked, “now go home quickly and get a good night’s sleep.”

She nodded obediently, “Neh, oppa go home safely too. I’m just waiting for my ride.”

 

A few minutes after Jaewon left, the door to the auditorium opened again.

 

“Hyoyeonah, you ready? Ka ja!”

Hyoyeon’s exhausted face took on a bright glow, “Hi oppa!” She stood up hastily and grabbed the bags she already packed and ran towards the door. But when she reached him, she suddenly froze on the spot – shyness taking over.

 

In the two weeks since they had connected, Hyoyeon and Yoochun had spent quite a lot of time together –enough for rumours to be spreading about their relationship. Even Jessica and Sooyoung had cornered her in the music room the other day for an interrogation since Hyoyeon had been avoiding all their inquisitive texts. So she had told them the truth; which was –

she herself wasn’t sure about what exactly they were but she had a big crush on Yoochun (which only seemed to get bigger every time they met) and he seemed to like her too – if the attention he showered her with was anything to go by.

“Jeez you guys are pretty much a couple!” Sica said impatiently. She couldn’t wait to start going on group dates.

“Omygawd I got it!” Sooyoung’s eyes sparkled, “Yoochun oppa is from America,right? So I am sure he is just waiting for the right timne to ask you out by kissing you – on the lips!”

Hyoyeon’s face turned pink, “Stop your nonsense, Choi Sooyoung!”

“I’m not joking. Sica, you’re American too. Don’t people back there kiss even before they become boyfriend-girlfriend?”

Sica thought about it and then shot Hyoyeon an apologetic smile – she didn’t want to freak her out since Hyoyeon had never had a real longterm boyfriend before – but Sooyoung was right. It could be possible.

“Er..Just carry breathmints with you everywhere.”

 

‘Aish those girls!’ Hyoyeon cursed under her breath. Thanks to them, all she could think about was that.. possibility.

“You alright?” Yoochun held her wrist lightly.

“Yes I am great. Sorry I was just tired..” she looked into his eyes shyly, “but.. not anymore.”

 

A big grin broke out on Yoochun’s handsome face – it was the first time Hyoyeon had vocalised her feelings to him. Happily he gave her hand a light tug and led them towards the parking lot.

It was only then that Hyoyeon realized with a snap that they were holding hands.

 

The drive to Hyoyeon’s house went smoothly as they chattered about random things. Hyoyeon still couldn't get over how gorgeous he was and kept stealing glances at his dimpled smile. Yoochun, very aware of her gaze, just chuckled inwards. 'She is so obvious but totally cute!'

 

However, as Yoochun pulled up into the driveway, things got a lot quieter. Hyoyeon’s mind briefly drifted to Sica and Sooyoung but she pushed the thought away just as soon – he wouldn’t really do it now! ‘Oh but what if he does.. I don’t think I’m ready..’

She could feel Yoochun’s eyes on her as she played with her fingers and tried to keep talking stupidly about what she ate for lunch..

when suddenly her phone started ringing.

‘Thank god! I love you oppa!’

 

It was the special ring tone she had set for Hyukjae.

"I'm sorry but I have to take this,” she mumbled to Yoochun and immediately pressed the talk button, “Oppa!”

“Wow! Either you just drank an extra large coffee or you’re mistaking me for someone else,” the warm voice on the other end joked.

“Ha.ha you’re so funny. NOT!”

Truth was the excitement in her voice wasn’t really an act – for some reason, no matter how much she talked to Hyukjae, the prospect of talking to him again always made her feel energized – he was like her happy pill.

“Wait a sec.. is it too late to talk? I didn’t realize the time, just got back from lesson.”

“No, not at all.” As she spoke she shot an apologetic look to Yoochun – he gave her an understanding nod – and then stepped out of the car bowing 90 degrees, while cradling her phone under her ear.

 

“Are you in a car or something?”

“No I just stepped out.”

Hyukjae was silent for a second, “Yoochunnie?”

“Uh huh.”

“Ya, aren’t you being rude then? Sure he doesn’t mind?”

Hyoyeon let out an exasperated sigh, “I thought you called to talk to me! If you wanted to talk to Yoochun oppa, you should’ve said so! Want me to hang up so you can call him? He has a car phone!”

 

“This brat! Ya why are you being so moody?” he scolded her gently, “Of course I want to talk to you. Which idiot in this world would want to talk to anyone else when they have the phone number of the great, the one and only, Kim Hyoyeon?”

Hyoyeon giggled despite herself. Hyukjae always got her – their conversations could go from playful to rude to honest without missing a beat – he made her feel comfortable to be herself.

 

“So how was the last rehearsal?”

“Close to perfect!”

“I finally get to see the masterpiece tomorrow, huh?”

“Ya don’t get your hopes up too high!”

“That’s impossible. I always expect the best from you and I know that you will deliver, Hyo.”

“Thanks oppa. Really!”

“If you mean it, then you better believe it when you perform tomorrow.”

“Neh~”

“Good girl.. hey i think you should sleep already? Don’t want you feeling tired tomorrow.”

 

Hyoyeon was already in bed – in the time that they were on the phone she had changed into pjs, washed her face and put on a face pack.

 

“No, keep talking. The sound of your voice is soothing.”

“Wow! Is that a compliment from the great Hyoyeon?”

“Shut up!”

“Really? Then good ni..”

“No I’m sorry. Hyoyeonie is rude and Hyukjae oppa is the best! Please keep talking..”

“Arasseo.. but close your eyes and just sleep if you get sleepy, ok?”

*********************************************************************************

A/N Sorry for the late update.i got distracted but i hope you are still reading. i will update again verry verry soon so please comment and check for updates.thanks