She Is [SeulRene]

blue_periwinkle's Dumpster of Drabbles and Oneshots [UPDATED ft. NAPINK:)]

Summary:

The four times Seulgi tries to describe her crush best friend with weird analogies

Pairing(s):

main!SeulRene

Genre(s):

romance, slice of life…?

Word count:

753 words

Published on:

August 17th, 2016

A/N: I need more SeulRene in my life holy .

Sorry if the ending's a bit awkward :(

 


 

She is like a predator eyeing her prey.

Seulgi would catch Irene staring at her sometimes. Staring at Seulgi watering the school’s flower garden. Staring at Seulgi desperately chasing after the escaping rabbits in the school petpen (and failing. Miserably). Staring at Seulgi fooling around with her classmates. Staring at Seulgi staring back at her.

Sometimes Irene would look away. Most of the times Seulgi is the one looking away, but whenever she doesn’t, Irene looks away with a tint of pink on her cheeks. Other times Seulgi catches her looking away, there's a small lopsided smile playing on her soft, kissable lips. Many times Seulgi looks away instead, she can feel Irene's eyes clouded with mischief.

And like a prey to her predator, Seulgi finds herself unaware of the danger that looms within the piercing gaze. The deep, but not unwelcomed danger.

 

She is like a vampire her prey dry.

Seulgi loses count on how many times Irene surprises her with back hugs, arm hooks, kisses on the cheek. It catches her off guard all the time, flustered and flabbergasted. Seulgi always tries to pry her off but her grip on her is like steel, unmoving, unflappable.

Seulgi sometimes tries to initiate the skinships instead. Sometimes she tries, awkwardly, to wrap her arms around the shorter girl’s thin, frail body. Many times Irene would playfully teases her for it, calling her hugs stiff and uncomfortable. But Seulgi never fails to see Irene’s shy, pleased smile. She never fails to see Irene’s stern, disappointed glare when she pulls away.

And like the prey is to the vampire, Seulgi feels herself deep into the enigma that is Irene Bae.

 

She is like a demon possessing her victims.

Seulgi always finds herself thinking about Irene at every risen opportunity. During classes, during PE, during dance class, and even during lunch break, when she’s sitting in front of Wendy while eating a slice of cheesecake and the only thing that crosses her mind is Irene playfully flirting with her using all those cheesy pickup lines that she probably finds on Tinder.

On many occasions, Seulgi finds herself involuntarily doing whatever Irene is doing at the moment. When Irene checks her phone, Seulgi follows suit. When Irene laughs at Joy’s silly antics, Seulgi laughs equally as loud. Even after Yeri teases her about it, calling her ‘Irene’s duckling’, she knows there’s truth in it.

And like an unsuspecting victim of demonic possession, Seulgi feels, at the back of her mind, that she’s losing herself, losing what remains of her own self to Irene Bae.

 

She is like a lioness marking her territory.

Seulgi has find countless friends and loses just as much of them in her life. She has interact with countless boys and rejects just as much of them in her life. She has flirted with countless girls and is avoided by just as much of them in her life. Many times she thought of this, one of the only constants in her life is Irene.

Irene, the girl who intimidates potential new friends with icy cold glares. Irene, the girl who punches the living daylights of any and all lecherous boys. Irene, the girl who s off with ty girls getting close to Seulgi like nobody’s business. Irene, Seulgi’s best friend who acts like she owns Seulgi and hates sharing her with the whole world.

And like a territory claimed by the lioness, Seulgi submits herself to her best friend unquestioningly.

 

“Joohyun.”

“Hmm?” Irene stops absentmindedly twirling her finger around Seulgi’s black locks.

“… Nothing,” the Kang smiles, “Just want to call your name.”

Irene purses her lips, “Seulgi.”

“Hey, be original,” the taller girl snickers, “You just want to call my name, don’t you?”

“No.”

Seulgi turns her head towards Irene, fully unaware of the hidden tone in her friend’s answer. She feels a pair of lips on her own, a quick touch that doesn’t even last a millisecond, but for Seulgi it feels like time stops forever and now she’s stuck in a sort of limbo.

“Seulgi,” Irene calls her again, and there’s adoration in her lulling voice, adoration and amazement and love—pure, innocent love—and Seulgi drowns in the honey-like sweetness, “Seulgi. I’m falling in love.”

Seulgi smiles.

“Me too.”

It’s fine, she thinks, to fall in love with Irene. The predator-like, vampiric, demonic, lioness that is Irene Bae Joohyun, her best friend, the love of her life, her everything.

And it’s fine, because she is Irene Bae Joohyun.