Immortally dead

Dream Guy

“How did your first day of school go?” Suzy asked as soon as I arrived home.

 

“Why didn’t you come along with me and witnessed the drama yourself?” I plopped onto my bed. Oh bed, I miss you.

 

“Why would I want to go to school? I’ll get really bored just looking at you studying”

 

“You’re a ghost, you can go anywhere around the place whenever you like and nobody will notice you. No one asks you to stay with me during my classes”

 

“I’ve never thought about that. You know, once you’re a ghost, a free spirit, you sometimes forget stuff”

 

I wished she could forget about the fact that I didn’t get to come and save her from the drug party. “So tell me what happened. Anything interesting? Oooo tell me about the boys there”

 

“It was horrible!” I started.

 

“What is? The guys? The school? Ah! The girls?” Suzy asked.

 

“My luck” I roll on my bed, messing my hair. “I met Kris” I look to see how Suzy reacts.

 

“No way! I thought he’s not real!” her eyes widen.

 

“But the thing is, I don’t know if he’s the same Kris in my dreams or if he’s just a guy that happens to appear into my dreams and not his”

 

“I don’t understand”

 

“I’m not sure that he knows about the dreams I’ve been having and if he really is a part of something real in my dreams. I’m not sure if he’s like me, you know, if he also has the same dreams as mine”

 

“Well, it’s not that bad. I mean, you can hide about your dreams from him until you’re sure about him” Suzy said.

 

“Yes, I thought about that too. But something else happened”

 

“What? Spill it to me ___________” Suzy couldn’t hold her patience any longer.

 

“I met this guy, he is almost similar to Kris, he knows so much about Kris too. He’s name is Luhan. Kris is handsome and hot but Luhan is handsome and cute”

 

“What’s the problem? Can’t choose?” Suzy asked.

 

“No” I whined and told her everything that happened. “If I were you…” Suzy said confidently like she has the solution to this problem. “I wouldn’t know what to do” she ended her sentence. I thought she could help me sort everything out. I threw my pillow at her. It didn’t pass through her, it passed her. I missed the target. How lame can I be? I can’t even aim.

 

“I must see how Luhan looks like” she said to me.

 

“Suit yourself. That means you’re coming with me to school tomorrow?” I asked.

 

“Duuhh~”

 

After having to rest for a moment, I went to cook ramen. Suzy disappeared when I was doing my homework, I bet she got bored of school stuff. I even did my early research for future projects. Then I watched TV, I started to get sleepy, it was only 9 o’clock.

 

My eyes started to feel heavy that I blink really slow. After blinking a few more times, my sleepiness is gone and I continued watching the TV.

 

“_________________, are you here?” it was Kris’ voice. He opened to door to where I was. I suddenly realize, I’m in my dream. The room I’m currently in isn’t my room. It’s a different room created by my dreams. I must have fallen asleep while watching the TV.

 

I always show up doing different things at different places whenever I show up in my dreams and whether Kris looks for me or I look for him in my dreams. But we would always be nearby so it’s really easy to find one another.

 

“Hey ______________” he greeted me. “And Suzy, I still remember you” he added. Wait? Suzy is here? I look at my right to see Suzy sitting next to me.

 

“When did you get here?” I asked. “I just did. You left the TV on by the way. When I came back to your place, you were already asleep” she answered.

 

“Hello Kris, did ____________ tell you yet?” Suzy asked.

 

“Tell me what?” Kris looks at me. I look at Suzy “Tell him what?” apparently, I don’t know either.

 

“______________, you have to tell Kris about Kris” Suzy said. “That never cross my mind” should I or should I not tell? Maybe I should, so that Kris would tell me if he really is the Kris in my school. What do I got to lose in my dreams right?

 

So I told dream Kris about the real Kris for about 10minutes before asking him “Are you real? You never tell me anything about yourself so I never thought you were real. I wished you were real. Then there you go, showing up as my senior. I just had this realization that if you really are the Kris I met today then doesn’t that mean that whatever happens in this dream would eventually happen in reality?”

 

I waited for Kris to give me a reply. “What happens here, won’t happen in your reality. So about this Luhan guy, are you sure you can trust him?” he changed the subject.

 

“Yeah, he seems like a nice guy” then there was a gun shot heard and also the window behind me shattered. I didn’t get shot but Suzy did because she was standing in between me and the window.

 

“Oh My God, Suzy are you okay?” she was bleeding.

 

“I’m bleeding” she panicked. I quickly sat down next to her and tried to take the bullet out from her shoulder. Kris however pulls down the blinders on the windows so the shooter won’t be able to see us.

 

Kris then carried Suzy into a room and put her down gently on the bed. I managed to take the bullet out of her. “Luckily the shooter didn’t get to shoot you in the head and you’ll be dead instantly” I said.

 

“How many times do I have to die?” Suzy got annoyed by the thought of dying again. I ran to the bathroom in the room to get a bucket of water for me to clean the blood of from her. When I get to do that, the three of us witnessed the bullet hole on her shoulder shrunk and soon gone with no traces of being shot 2 minutes ago.

 

“How did that happen?” Suzy asked, amazed. “It’s like you’re immortal” I commented.

 

“That’s it! I got it. You said Suzy is a ghost right and she’s kind of human here but since she’s already dead in reality…”

 

“She can’t die in dreams” I said the last piece of words together with Kris who figured it out earlier than me.