Understanding me

Dream Guy

“Hey, I’m really sorry about earlier” I apologized to Kris as soon as he arrived to the multi purpose hall for our next bonding activity.

 

“It’s really okay. I’m sorry I scared you” he said.

 

“Scared me?”

 

“Yeah. By asking you to go out with me even when you barely know me” I stayed silent. I don’t know what to reply. I barely know anyone, even Luhan.

 

“I should get to know you first before I ask you out”

 

“Maybe you shouldn’t” I said.

 

“Why not?”

 

“I… I have trust issues”

 

“But you’re okay with Luhan”

 

“He is different”

 

“How so?” his question got you off guarded.

 

“I don’t know…”

 

“Maybe I can change your mind about me”

 

“I know nothing about you”

 

“That is why we have this bonding activity”

 

“What is our next activity for this fresher’s orientation?”

 

“Simply… getting comfortable with each other. To get to know your schoolmate”

 

“That is just not good. I mean, there could be a thousand of students here. You can’t get to know everyone”

 

“True. But atleast this way, you can get yourself a friend and also an acquaintance from a different level”

 

“That is weird. Who thought of these activities?”

 

“The dean himself. To promote our Institute to other people. To show them that the students attending here are friendly with each other”

 

“You’re saying we’re actually not friendly?”

 

He smiled. “Not sure if you’re joking but I think you’re cute”

 

I quickly looked away and blushed.

 

“Mind if I ask you something personal?” he asked. I stare at him. “You have difficulties in trusting someone because of the incident that happened to your best friend, Suzy, right?”

 

Speechless. That is what I am.

 

“We need to talk” Luhan interrupted. He glanced at Kris and then at me. I look at Kris to see if he’s okay with it. I don’t want the both of them to get in an argument again, not in front of all these people. Suddenly, I could sense that everyone is looking at us. Unfortunately, I’m right. Kris, supposedly not wanting anymore drama, gave us some space to talk.

 

“Why’d you run away this morning?” Luhan asked.

 

“I don’t want people staring… Like they’re doing right now. All I wanted was invisibility, no one to notice me”

 

“If there is anything that bothers you, don’t hesitate to tell me about it. I’ll help you get through it. That is what friends are for” he smiled and glanced at Kris before he walk back to his orientation partner.

 

“I would be such a busy body if I were to ask what the both of you talk about” Kris said.

 

“Nothing important” I answered anyway. Why is it that Luhan and Kris are the only one who wants to really be my friend? What is so special about me?

 

“Kris…” I called.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Why do you want to be my friend? I’m sure it’s not just about the institute plot of being friendly to one another. You wouldn’t go far into the motto that you asked me out”

 

“Smart girl” he commented and stares at me. “The first time I saw you here, I asked you whether we’ve met before. I was serious. I really think that we have seen each other. You haven’t really gave me a solid answer so up till now, I still wonder, where have I seen you?”

 

I’m hoping he’d say something like if he could have seen me in his dreams. Dreams… the only thing that connects me to him. He looks into my eyes as if he could see my soul.

 

“I feel like I know you…” she said softly.

 

I faked a scoff and said “Really?”

 

“Yeah. I feel like you have difficulties in trusting yourself than you have difficulties trusting others”

 

My eyes shot to his. I’ve never thought about it and oddly, what he said, seemed true. It feels true. I could feel my heart beating much faster and I was breaking cold sweat. Why am I sweating?

 

“How are you so sure about that?” I asked.

 

“You look like a brave girl. You wouldn’t still stay here with me after what I’ve said”

 

“I…” I wanted to give him a comeback but I’m not even sure about myself anymore. He understands me better than Luhan but Luhan is my friend now and I can’t just betray him by being friends with Kris now. He dislikes Kris. On the other hand, I’m in love with Kris.

 

I still think about what Kris said to me even when I’m alone at home. Why am I complicated? I’m only torturing myself…

 

“What are you thinking about?” Suzy appeared.

 

“Life” I said.

 

“That is deep. What about life?”

 

“I’m stupid”

 

She laughed and stopped when she saw me being serious. “I actually think that you’re really smart… I’ve always been jealous of you and so does Sulli by the way” she tried to cheer me up, that is what it is.

 

“Wanna talk about why you’re feeling blue all of a sudden? Did something happened in school? Sorry I wasn’t there to watch how it went the whole day” she said.

 

“It’s okay. It’s just about Kris…”

 

“What about him?”

 

Here it goes. Here comes what I’ve been holding the past few weeks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you guys waited long for my next update?