Guilt

Dream Guy

“They started coming to school together. Do you think that they have might already been a couple?” said one of the girls walking to the front door.

 

“This is so uncomfortable” I spoke.

 

“What is? Me driving you here? Or the fact that everyone is glancing at us?” Luhan asked and I stayed silent because both of those are true. “You don’t have to feel uncomfortable going to school with me, please don’t be, I like having you around” he said and continued “Don’t care about those people looking at us right now. Sooner or later they will get tired of it. They are probably thinking of me” I stopped walking. How could he say that? He doesn’t know how I feel. It’s not like he knows what I’ve been through to get here and to start a new life. “Are you okay?”

 

No Luhan, I am not okay. Not everything is about you. You don’t know everything about me. I guess it’s not his problem, he really does not know everything about me, how could he have guess what I would feel by his words. What am I thinking? I think too much. I’m so confused now “I’m sorry but I really need some time alone please. I just need some space” I quickly said and run forward with my eyes looking to the ground. I can’t face the people looking at me.

 

I don’t know where I’ve ran to but I did stopped somewhere by someone. I came to a halt because I hit someone while I was running. “I apologize for hitting you. I wasn’t looking”

 

“It’s okay ___________________” he turned around and it was Kris. “Kris!” I accidentally exclaimed and quickly shut my mouth.

 

“Are you okay? You have tears in your eyes” he said and I instantly looked away to wipe the escaped tear. “About yesterday…” he started off.

 

Oh My Gosh, I forgot about that. I slowly turned around back at him and bowed “I am so sorry. I had an emergency so I went directly home” he looked at me as if he sensed I was lying. I couldn’t even blink my eyes.

 

“Yes, Luhan did explained to me about your emergency” Kris went along with your lie. He thought you’d feel much better if he follows what you say.

 

“I’ve got to go now” he said. “We’ll go out whenever you’re ready for it. Just let me know” he winked and left. He winked at me. I unconsciously smiled.

 

“Hey, you handled him perfectly fine” it’s Suzy. “But you didn’t handle Luhan well. What happened?”

 

“You’ve seen him?” I asked.

 

“Yeah, I was with you. You just didn’t see me. You’re right, Luhan is cute. Two hot guys are fighting for you, oh I would kill to be in your shoes right now” Suzy said.

 

“I can assure you, you don’t want to be in my shoes” I suddenly saw someone lurking as if the person was eyeing me. “Is someone there?” I asked aloud and there was no answer in return. I must have imagined things. “I thought we were being watched. I might look crazy talking to myself here so I’ll just keep my mouth shut from now on unless we’re certain there is nobody around”

“I got that” Suzy smiled and said “Let me check around for confirmation” she disappeared from my sight and just in time for the bell to ring. I guess I’ll just go straight to the multipurpose hall for the orientation, Suzy will find her way to me.

 

Kris was the one lurking, looking at me talking to thin air, except that he knows I wasn’t talking to myself, I was talking with Suzy and surprisingly, he sees her in real life too. That is why he kept looking. As the bell rang and I left for the hall, Suzy appeared in front of Kris.

 

“I saw you looking but luckily ____________ didn’t. I guess both dream and real Kris likes ____________” Suzy said nonchalantly as if real Kris could also see her.

 

“Because I’m the same person as in her dreams” Kris answered and Suzy’s eyes widen. “You can see me…. Kris, you’re…. you’re real! You’re not just a dream creation. I’ve got to tell ______________”

 

“No, don’t!”

 

“Why not? You like her. Why can’t you just tell her the truth?”

 

“I’m afraid to”

 

“Relax, she’s not going to kill you. She really likes you okay. She likes you back”

 

“She does?”

 

“Yes, she does. And unless you tell her how you really feel, Luhan will take her away from you”

 

“But I’m afraid she won’t see me as her dream Kris. In her dream, I’m her savior, here, I’m just a popular kid”

 

“What are you trying to say? When will she find out about your feelings then? Just last night, you were about to confess to her before her alarm clock got in the way. What changed your mind now?”

 

“I’m glad the alarm got in between us. I would have made a mistake if I told her too early. It’s not time yet”

 

“When is the right time then?” Suzy sighed. “You and her have a lot of things in common by the way and it annoys me with this time thingy”

 

“When she likes me as much as she likes me in her dream”

 

“Good luck with that. She’s actually planning on avoiding you for only she knows how long that will be”

 

“What? Why would she wants to avoid me?”

 

“Because she’s afraid of you. She doesn’t know you’re the same Kris inside her dreams. She’s scared that who you really are isn’t the same with who she fell in love with in her dreams. She doesn’t want to hope much on you so that she doesn’t get herself broken….again”

 

“With all she’s been through… it must have been hard for her to trust someone fully”

 

“If only she could see you right now. She’ll fall in love again. Be someone like this in front of her, will you? Try to talk to her and start doing so by now. Shouldn’t you be in the hall now?”

 

“Thanks for the tip. I didn’t thought I could see you in real life but I’m glad we could see each other. You’re a good friend” he walked away.

 

“______________ sure is lucky to have someone like you liking her. Take care of her Kris. She’s vulnerable. I’ve always known that. I’m not a good friend, I shouldn’t have told the whole school about her dream problems” Suzy mumbled to herself.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the comment and not getting mad at me ^^ gives me motivations to continue writing. i love you readers <3