Heart says yes

Dream Guy

So we got little information about those bad guys. Apparently, according to spider, they have something that Kris and I want the most and they were ordered to kill us before we could get it. We had to beat up spider for hours just to get the information. Okay, Kris do the beating, I do the asking.

 

He died from too much beating. The clean sterile room turned messy.

 

“What do we both want the most?” I asked Kris as I look into his eyes. He didn’t reply me but he just stared at me as well.

 

“The villain wants you dead because he’s afraid you would get what you want but you don’t even know what you want the most?” Suzy asked. “How stupid is the villain? Chasing after you when you know nothing. That leads to suspicions and exposure” she said.

 

“So what are you two going to do now?” Suzy asked.

 

“I don’t know. Should we find out what is it that we want most?” I look at Kris again.

 

“We need to get to the bad guy’s lair to find out what it is. But to get there, we must know where we’re going. We must interrogate another bad guy so he would tell us where their lair is” Kris said.

 

“Or how about we go on a disguise? We could pretend to be anyone else, or we can even pretend to be them and follow them into their uhh place” I suggested.

 

“Yeah, that’s better” Kris agreed and Suzy laughed and so did I. “Umm, ____________, can we talk? Privately?” Kris asked.

 

“Sure, what’s it about? Why can’t Suzy hear this?” I asked. “Because she already knew and she asked me to tell you” Kris answered.

 

“________________, I…” he was about to tell me when my watch beeps. I’m going to go.

 

“Don’t go yet, I need to tell you this now. Please stay a little longer” Kris held my hand tightly.

 

“I can’t stop my watch from beeping. I’m going to-” I woke up. I’m going to wake up, was what I wanted to say.

 

“Suzy! Suzy! Where are you? What was it that Kris wanted to tell me?” I asked in empty air. Suzy is not around.

 

Another day at school, Suzy is supposed to come with me and look at Kris and Luhan herself. Where is she? I was sitting alone in my homeroom, fidgeting on my seat trying to get a good posture that doesn’t hurt my . Is Suzy still in my head? I touch my head. It can’t possibly be.

 

“Why are you here?” I jumped a little from my seat from shock.

 

“Oh Luhan, you scared me. Why can’t I be here?” I asked.

 

“Orientation day is 7 days and today is only the second. All freshmen are supposed to be in the hall” Luhan rested his back on the wall, crossed his arms together and gave me his killer smile.

 

“I forgot about it” I quickly stood up, took my bag and went to the door.

 

“Just so you know, we’re going to have partner games today to see whether you have teamwork or not. So, don’t be surprised when I pick you as my partner later. The seniors will have to pick first then the freshmen after” Luhan explained.

 

“I’ll act surprise then” I smiled. He chuckled. “You’re funny” he said. “Sometimes” I replied.

 

“Come on, we’re late. The other seniors have already picked their partner” walking side to side with Luhan to the hall. We both can hear a faint voice calling my name, it gets clearer as we get closer to the door of the hall. The voice… it is Kris’ voice.

 

Luhan and I both look at each other, he then slowly opens the door and Kris was on the stage with a microphone. Kris turned his head to us, the rest of the crowds join after. Everyone is staring at me.

 

“I want _______________ to be my partner” Kris repeated. I blinked. I’m frozen in front of the door. I can’t move. I don’t know how long I stood there not moving, but suddenly Kris was in front of me.

 

“Are you okay?” Kris asked.

 

“I wanted _____________ to be my partner” Luhan said to Kris.

 

“But I got her first. You’re going to have to pick someone else” Kris whispered to Luhan before he puts his hands on my shoulder and brings me to the side of the room.

 

“Finally I get some time alone with you. Do you really not know who I am? Or are you just pretending?” Kris asked. What to answer? What to answer?

 

“What to answer?” I blurted my mind out. It was already too late when I realized that. Kris smiled.

 

“Do you know how cute you are?” he asked. He thinks I’m cute? I must not scream out of excitement. Wait, why am I excited? It’s not like he’s my dream Kris. Pfft.

 

“Then I guess, you keep wanting to talk to me because I’m cute. And not because you really think we’ve met before” I said. Was that too harsh? Should I be harsh? “I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean it that way. I just don’t know what to say” I quickly apologized.

 

“It’s okay. Just say what your heart tells you” he said.

 

“So, what is the first activity?” I asked my partner of the day. I’m controlling myself not to shriek here.

 

“Do you trust me?” he shoots me an unexpected question. Why is he asking me that? I trust the Kris in my dreams, if you’re the same with him then I trust you, Kris.

 

“What’s with the trust question?” I’m obviously stuttering.

“Because our starting activity is a trust fall. You would know about it if you came here earlier and listen to the head student explaining the activities today” he answered as he walks slowly closer to me.

 

“You can start the activity whenever you’re ready. When you trust your partner enough to catch you. But don’t take the whole day” said the head.

 

“Why do we need to play this game?” I took a step back.

 

“You need to trust someone to be your friend”

 

“Yeah, and I trust Luhan, he’s my friend. We’re supposed to be partners”

 

“But you’re mine now” he is really close to me. A lot of people are staring. This is so embarrassing. I need to get at least 3 feet way from Kris. I need to do it now.

 

“We’re really close, we should part a little” I said to Kris and tried to move away from him. I’m doing it too fast, I’m doing it too rash that my weak jelly legs stumbled and I’m seconds away from kissing the floor.

 

Closing my eyes, ready for the impact that didn’t come. I opened my eyes, I’m in the hands of my partner. He caught me. He caught me a little bit too romantic. “Thanks for catching me”

 

“You got to trust your partner” he said.

 

“You can let go of me now. I got my balance” I said.

 

“Only if you say yes. Do you want to go out with me after school?” he asked.

 

What is my heart telling me right now? Oh I can’t believe how fast my heart is beating and I think it skips a beat. I do want to go out with Kris. I do want to spend a lot of time with him. My dream is not enough. But I shouldn’t go out with him, he might be just into me for a moment and leave me after he’s bored of me. I need to stop thinking. Brain, stay out of this. I’m going to listen to my heart this time because if I don’t, I’m afraid it would explode anytime soon.

 

“Yes”