Chapter 7 - Flowers

His Heart of Ice, Her Heart of Gold

(As a forewarning there's quite a bit of swearing in this chapter... but I mean hey, you've read my previous chapters right? XD)
 

 

"Is there a problem here?"

 

Bom looked up gratefully at her savior but felt her body tense up when her eyes met with the deep brown orbs of Kris'.

 

Greaaaat... could my luck get any worse? Bom sighed mentally. The irony of her greatest enemy becoming her hero in this situation was laughable.

 

“Hey man. Mind your own business. I was about to take this lady for a little daaance.” The intoxicated Jiyong slurred while rolling his body suggestively, his leg brushed by Bom's as he eyed her lustfully. She cringed, almost gagging in horror. Kris could only stifle a laugh at her amusing expression but he figured she had suffered enough.

 

“Sorry buddy, but I'm going to have to steal her away for a bit.” 

 

“Hey wai—”

 

The blonde raised his hand in an apologetic motion towards the other male as he grabbed the dark-haired girl's other wrist and tugged her away, pulling her through the crowd before Jiyong could finish his reply. Bom felt the heat rising to her cheeks as her eyes were glued to her own hand being encased in Kris' large manly one.

 

“H-hey where are we even going??” She asked but he remained silent as he continued to lead her through the throngs of teenage bodies. Finally after bobbing and weaving for what had seemed like forever, they had reached the sliding door that lead to the backyard of Luhan's massive home. How big did his house have to be in order for it to feel that long? Kris slid the door open and silently gestured for her to go through. When she hesitated he cleared his throat in impatience.

 

“Do you want to get away from this crowd or not?”

 

Bom could only nod as she complied and stepped out into the cool night air. She gasped slightly when she laid eyes on the huge pool. It was lit up with slow, interchanging colored lights that made it somewhat resemble an aurora. Bom spotted a few people that were hanging around the pool but it definitely wasn't suffocating like how it was on the inside of the house. She made her way to a large backyard swing that stood beside the pool and sat down it, Kris soon joining her on the other side of it. Bom stared down awkwardly at her hands in her lap, she mindlessly picked at the hem of her shorts.

 

“Thanks for saving me back there.” She finally spoke.

 

“Whatever.” The male scoffed, emotionless as always.

 

Bom's eyes furrowed in annoyance. What had she expected honestly? Like Jack Frost over here could actually give a rat's .

 

“Where'd your friends go?”

 

Startled by his striking up of conversation, Bom blinked at him momentarily before replying. “They sort of... ditched me.” She let out a bitter laugh. “What about you? Why aren't you hanging out with the rest of your friends?”

 

“I just didn't feel like sitting around with the guys while people made fools of themselves.” He leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees as he gazed at the colorful water. “Not to mention all of the fan girls would be able to easily spot me if I was with them. I really didn't feel like dealing with them either.”

 

Bom tilted her head in confusion. “I get the feeling that you don't enjoy having dozens of young women throwing themselves at you. I always figured that a situation like that is every straight man's dream... but that's just me.” She stated with sarcasm dripping from every word.

 

“It's not like I hate them.” Kris simply replied while glancing over in her direction.

 

“Really? Because you've been giving me different vibes. Especially at the airport. If I recall correctly, you kind of yelled at them to leave you alone... Not that some of them didn't enjoy it... actually.” Bom shuddered at the thought of the masochistic girls. “Your fans... are kind of crazy.”

 

Kris chuckled at her statement and Bom thought for a moment that maybe perhaps she should head home and stock up on canned goods because she was pretty sure Kris smiling was a sign that the apocalypse was soon approaching. She stared at him wide-eyed as she felt her heartbeat quickening.

 

“I'm not usually like how I acted towards them that day at the airport. I usually just try my best to ignore them and not interact with them at all.”

 

“What, do you have some kind of personal vendetta against the opposite gender?” Bom half-joked but immediately regretted it when she was met with an awkward silence in reply. Kris turned his gaze away but Bom could see still the serious expression on his face. She wracked her brain for something she could change the topic to. She was once again startled by a low comment from Kris.

 

“...looks better.”

 

Bom blinked at the male sitting beside her, utterly confused. “What?”

 

“Your new look. It looks better.”

 

Realizing he was talking about her darker hair and such, Bom blushed deeply hoping that he wouldn't be able to see it in the dim lighting. “T-thank you.” She cursed herself for stuttering like a nervous schoolgirl. Why couldn't she always be normal, sassy-mouthed Bom when he was around? It didn't help when Kris turned his head back over to her and let out a sly smirk. Even in her moment of embarrassment she still loathed his confidence.

 

“I'm surprised you would even notice.” she said while trying to appear indifferent.

 

“How could I not? Everybody in class was completely overreacting over it.” He rolled his eyes. However, he tried hard not to think about his own reaction during the moment.

 

Bom pressed her tongue against the inside of her cheek in annoyance. It was so strange how he could go from a kind, normal person to a straight up jerk in a matter of seconds. Nevertheless, she was thankful for the change in subject. Suddenly, a group of boys started to get rowdy on the opposite side of the pool, the two sitting on the swing could only glance in their direction awkwardly. Bom used this chance to get away from the awkwardness. She quickly shot up from her seat on the swing and dusted off non-existent dirt that had collected on her skirt.

 

“Well it was nice having a somewhat real conversation with you Stiff.” Kris frowned at the nickname.

 

“Thanks for the help. See you...” The deal they had made when they ran into each other again flashed in her mind briefly. “...nevermind.” She shook her head. She brushed past him and for some reason Kris had a small urge to stop her, but he held back from doing so. After watching her retreating form enter back into the house he rubbed one side of his temple.

 

“What are you doing Kris...?” he whispered to himself.

 

 

***

 

 

I think it's time to call it a night. It hadn't been long but she already wanted to go home. Bom knew from the beginning that this wasn't going to work. She and parties just did not mesh well together. She closed the sliding door behind her and began to head for the exit, hoping that she wouldn't accidentally run into Jiyong again.

 

Her hopes of immediately going home were crushed however when a clearly pissed, high-pitched voice stopped her in her tracks and a slim figure stood in her path.

 

“Excuse me, what do you think you were doing?!” A few people around them paused their activities to see what was going on.

 

Bom jolted back, not recognizing the voice and looked up at who suddenly decided to yell at her. A pretty(Bom even had to admit) girl with long, dark brown hair and a currently -faced expression stood with her arms crossed in front of her chest, glaring daggers at her. Behind her she could spot three other girls and one pretty guy...? Or maybe he was also a girl? Bom couldn't decipher which. She turned her gaze back towards the angry girl in front of her.

 

“I'm sorry... what have I even done to you?” Bom scratched the side of her head. “Do I even know you?”

 

The girl gasped dramatically, appalled as she briefly looked back at the girls behind her with an 'I cannot believe this impudent girl!' look on her face. She turned back around and sneered.

 

“Has this girl been living under a rock? How can you not know who I am? Who we are?” She said as she gestured towards the others who stood behind her. Bom ignored her and glanced above the rude girl's head as she attempted to scan the area for her friends. When there was no signs of her traitorous friends she sighed and noticed that the girl was still glaring at her.

 

“Uhh... can you give me a hint?” Bom said jokingly. The other girl was not amused in the least bit. At that moment a few familiar voices were heard as they “Excuse me”-ed and shuffled their way through the accumulating crowd that now surrounded Bom and this group of strangers. Dara, Chaerin and Minzy finally managed their way to the center and stared wide-eyed at their best friend.

 

“Bommie! What are you doing here?!” Chaerin gasped out harshly.

 

Bom whipped around, relieved to finally see her friends again. “What am I doing? What about you guys? You ditched me!” She threw up her hands in an exasperated motion.

 

Dara shook her head and dragged Bom over, speaking in a low tone. “That's besides the point. What are you doing with them?” she said while gesturing to the mysterious group with her fearful eyes.

 

“I don't even know who they are. They're the ones who confronted me.” Bom defended.

 

“Unnie they're the Flowers of Seoul Arts Academy. They're known as f(x). They're another one of the school president's Project Groups.” said Minzy. “There's Victoria, Sulli, Luna, Amber and the girl who you've somehow managed to piss off is Krystal Jung.”

 

“Is there any particular reason you needed to state her last name as well?”

 

“Yes! Her father is THE Jung Soo Hyuk. He's the CEO of Jung Modeling Agency. Her sister is also Jessica Jung, the famous model!”

 

“So... am I supposed to be afraid of her privileged life or something...? I'm not getting your point here.” Dara, Chaerin and Minzy slapped their palms on their faces. Another voice cut them off from further explanation.

 

“If you're done educating your ignorant friend here, I have something I need to straighten out with her.”

 

Bom raised an eyebrow. This girl was really starting to tick her off.

 

“What your friends said was accurate. But they're missing one important factor.” Krystal flipped her hair with a perfectly manicured hand. “My boyfriend.”

 

“Uhhh....what?”

 

“Don't play dumb with me you thief! I saw you getting all chummy with Kris out by the pool not too long ago!!”

 

“WHAT?!” Bom stood stunned by what she had just heard. The yelling did not come from her however, it came from the three girls that stood behind her as they started flailing about somewhat excitedly. Most of the EXO members had also joined in on the crowd to see what the commotion was about.

 

“...” Luhan cursed to himself when he saw what as happening. He immediately took off for the backyard. There was only one person who could stop this.

 

 

***

 

 

Kris sat silently on the swing as he stared dazed off into the pool. From the corner of his eye he spotted people inside quieting down and shuffling over to some other area of the house in masses. He briefly wondered what was going on but decided against actually going to see what it was. That was... until Luhan burst through the door calling out with perplexed look on his face.

 

“KRIS. You need to get in here NOW!” Kris looked at his friend with a bewildered expression.

 

“Your crazy self-proclaimed girlfriend is hashing it out with Park Bom!” his eyes widened as he immediately shot up and ran to the house.

 

 

***

 

 

“Listen... I assure you there is nothing going on between Kris and I.” Bom raised her hands up defensively.

 

“Lies!” Krystal spat out. “You were all over him back there. Trying to seduce him and steal him away I bet! You !”

 

Various gasps were heard as Bom's mouth dropped. Kris and Luhan had barely arrived and they looked over at their buddies to see if anything bad had occurred yet. Baekhyun shook his head.

 

“Hyungs you made it just in time! It's about to get good!” The singer said excitedly. Kris' eyebrows furrowed. What did he mean? Well, I guess he was about to find out...

 

“E-excuse me?! Seduce WHO?!” Bom's temper was flaring. Her friends looked nervously at her. Uh-oh... Park Bom's unfiltered mouth incoming...

 

“Listen to me you little spoiled . Never have I ever tried to seduce your ing boyfriend! What will it take to get it into your thick skull that I'm not interested?!” her voice slowly rising with animosity evident in her tone, her temper was not the only one that was burning up. Krystal's own mouth dropped as she screeched.

 

“How DARE you! Who do you think you are?! You're just a talentless nobody transfer student that is only getting any attention because she's a freak of nature!” In a fit of rage the dark brown-haired girl quickly darted her eyes to a table close by and eyed an unoccupied cup filled with god-knows-what kind of drink. She quickly snatched it up and prepared for her assault.

 

Suddenly it was as if the world was moving in slow motion. Bom's eyebrows shot up when she realized what Krystal was about to pull and she was quick to squeeze her eyes shut. Dara's hands made their way to her surprised mouth, Chaerin cringed and Minzy placed her hands in front of her face. Everyone else in the crowd began to scream “OHHHHHH”s in their realizations. Kris tried to push his way through to stop the hysterical teenage girl but he was too late.

 

 

*SPLASH!*

 

 

Silence.

 

Bom's eyebrow twitched in anger. This has drawn the line... She thought bitterly as she slowly wiped the liquid from her chin and looked down at her appearance. The foul stench of alcohol permeating the air around her. Luckily Krystal had only aimed for her chest. Her mesh blouse was now drenched, sticking to the front of her chest. Bom silently thanked Chaerin for giving her a camisole to wear underneath. The liquid had dripped down her pants where some drops even fell on her wedge sneakers. These were one of my favorite pairs of shoes! Bom thought furiously. She breathed deeply to calm herself.

 

Kris finally managed to squeeze his way through to Bom and Krystal.

 

“That's ENOUGH!” His deep voice boomed. Krystal stared at the handsome blonde, hurt. “But oppa she—”

 

“Enough Krystal.” He cut her off sternly, the anger was evident in his voice. He turned to the alcohol-covered Bom and looked at her apologetically as he tried to reach out to her. “Are you alright—”

 

She was quick to smack his hand away tearing her gaze from the floor to up at him with a menacing, icy stare. Even the ice-cold Kris shivered at her stare. “Don't. ing. Touch me.” She hissed out.

 

Slowly, she began to approach Krystal who reacted with a flinch as she awaited Bom to take her revenge out on her. But Bom merely stood adjacent to the frightened girl as she spoke in a detached tone.

 

“You may be one for cheap tricks and theatrics to get what you want. But I will never stoop to such a level.” Bom briefly made eye contact with Krystal at her last words before facing ahead and making her way to the exit. The party-goers parted out of her way and stared at her in awe as she calmly walked out the front door.

 

Chaerin was quick to tug on Dara and Minzy's hands as she signaled for them to go after Bom and make sure that she was okay. They bowed slightly towards Luhan and the rest of the EXO members as they mumbled apologies, excused themselves and went after their friend. Kris merely stood floored, unable to move or say anything in reaction to Bom's boldness.

 

It was only until after she was long gone that an impressed smirk spread across his handsome features.

 

Krystal gawked at his expression as the silence was broken with the howls of amusement that came from several of the EXO boys.

 

“I can't believe she said that to Krystal! Damn that girl has some steel-hard balls!” Sehun held his hand to his stomach as he laughed hard enough for tears to form in his eyes. Krystal stomped a high-heeled foot and shrieked in frustration which only fueled the boys' laughter even further. Kris rolled his eyes at everyone but glanced over at the door once more.

 

Balls indeed...

 

 

***

 

*pats self on back for relatively quick update*

 

Honestly, as I wrote that last bit I had a hard time keeping a straight face. Especially that very last line... LOL! But anyways, this chapter came out much more intense than I had planned but oh well that's life! Thank you all for your wonderful support and to those who were kind enough to upvote and leave comments. You guys are awesome and push me to want to write more! ;_; I'll see you all in a while in the next chapter~

 

Btw, the GD-Bom interaction in the last chapter wasn't meant to mean much for those who were getting their hopes up. Don't expect a Gbom love line in this story. He'll only show up again if I feel it necessary. >_< Sorry!