Chapter 6 - Party

His Heart of Ice, Her Heart of Gold


 

 

Bom kept her gaze directed at the tile floor of the school hallway as she stepped into the building. She had hoped that with her new “style change” she would grab less attention but it almost seems as if she had caught even more than before with her old style. She defensively grabbed her arms in a false hope to shield herself from the stares of onlooking students.

 

Isn't that Park Bom?”

 

It can't be... she actually looks normal.”

 

Wah... she looks so different from before!”

 

Pabo! That's not Park Bom.”

 

The disbelieving whispers made her anxious and she took quicker steps to her first class where she could finally be in the comforting company of her friends. She let out a sigh of relief as she reached out towards the doorknob of the classroom and slowly stepped inside.

 

A silence took over the half-filled classroom as they all looked up and stared at the girl. This caused her to roll her eyes as she proceeded to take her seat by Dara and Chaerin. Her two best friends stared at her with perturbed expressions.

 

B-bommie? Is that you?!” Chaerin was the first to react to her sudden change in appearance.

 

Bom rolled her eyes once more. “No, it's the tooth fairy. Of COURSE it's me!”

 

The once dual color-haired girl now sported shiny jet-black hair and she had styled it straight rather than her usual curly/wavy hair. Much to her chagrin she had even applied her make up more light-handedly, softening and accentuating her natural features. While not completely eliminated, the amount of accessories she wore were reduced considerably. And as hard as it was for her to step out of her house this morning, she even opted to forego her staple fashion of printed tights. She wore simple ankle socks that were hidden in her sneakers, leaving the rest of her legs bare for the world to see. She felt and out of her element.

 

***

 

Kris was absentmindedly messing around on his cellphone while listening to music through his headphones when he felt something tug at his sleeve to his right. With an irked expression he looks over to Luhan groaning out a soft, “What?”

 

He is caught off-guard when he sees that not only is the other Chinese boy looking straight towards the front of the class but as well as his other friends and even their other classmates. He slid his headphones back and leans over, “What's going on 'Han?” The pale boy merely lifted a finger and pointed. The blonde turned to look and for a moment he may have stopped breathing.

 

There standing before him was... Park Bom? At least he thought it was her. But she looked drastically different from when he had last watched her yesterday in the choir room. His eyes raked her form. Her dark hair and natural make up gave her an air of simplicity and innocence. His eyes paused at her legs that were no longer clad in thin fabric. He felt something burn inside him as he ogled her milky legs that went on for miles. They definitely looked much better this way, he thought. He couldn't control the approving growl that rumbled from the back of his throat. Luhan side-eyed the taller male and smirked as he muttered “” so that only Kris could hear. He only huffed and looked away.

 

***

 

Don't make any plans for this Saturday.” said Dara.

 

Hm? How come?” Bom asks while pulling out her notebook from her backpack.

 

We got invited to a party!” The other girl exclaimed excitedly while rubbing her hands together. Chaerin giggled at the brunette but was still unable to hide her own excitement.

 

Who's party?” The now ebony-haired girl curiously asked.

 

This is the best part!” Dara pressed her hands to her cheeks while gazing off into the distance. “It's Luhan!! He's throwing a huge back-to-school party at his family's estate. Everyone in the whole school is invited!”

 

Pass.” The dark-haired girl was quick to shoot a reply. She wasn't one for partying... or crowds. And knowing that one of the EXO members was hosting the party meant that there was a huge chance that he would be there. God forbid she ever run into him again, especially if there potentially was alcohol involved. Just another swear-inducing accident waiting to happen.

 

Come on Boooom! You have to go. It's the first big party of the year.” The slim girl sitting next to her begged.

 

Okay, you've convinced me.”

 

What? Really!?”

 

No.”

 

Yah Park Bom!” Bom received a playful swat at her arm as she merely chuckled.

 

***

 

The ringing bell signaled the end of the first class period. The three girls gathered their things and prepared to leave the classroom when a tall, lean body leapt over a desk and skidded to a stop right beside Dara.

 

Heyyy girls! You're going to be making it to Luhan-hyung's party this weekend right?” A red-headed boy threw a shy glance at the petite girl beside him.

 

Of course Chanyeol! ALL of us are going to be there.” Dara threw her arm around Bom's shoulders, gaining an appalled look from the slightly taller girl. She felt her hand squeeze her shoulder slightly. “We wouldn't miss it for the world, right Bommie?” The girl opened to protest when another voice interrupted.

 

I'm glad to hear that. I'll see you guys at my place then.” The light blonde, curly-haired male approached them with one of his award-winning smiles. He glanced in Bom's direction and gave her a wink making the girl roll her eyes for the third time that morning. Note to self: hole up in bedroom all weekend and ignore any contact with the outside world...

 

***

 

With that thought how did Bom manage to find herself several days later suffocating in a crowd of intoxicated and possibly high teenagers? She sighed in displeasure as she glared holes in the back of her so-called best friends' heads and recalled today's earlier events.

 

***Flash back***

 

Time to get ready Bommie unnie~” Minzy sang in mock-sweetness as Bom gaped at her bedroom door. Standing before her were Dara, Chaerin and Minzy dressed up in chic outfits that consisted of leather, leggings, and studs with huge grins adorning their faces.

 

EOMMAAAAAAAAA! I thought I told you not to allow any guests AT ALL.” The girl attempted to close her door only to have Dara and Chaerin block the doorway and force themselves into her room. Mrs. Park peeked inside at hearing herself being called.

 

Oh come now sweetheart. The girls just want you to have fun and so do I. A high school party sounds exciting! You've only transferred here and you've already been invited to socialize with your classmates? You don't want to regret missing out on an experience like this.” Bom stared at her mother with a look of shock and betrayal. Does she not realize what goes on at these sort of parties? What kind of lies have the girls been brainwashing my mother with?

 

Our sentiments exactly! Thank you for being so understanding Aunty.” Dara smiled sweetly at the elder woman. “Now if you'll excuse us, we need to help Bommie get ready for the party."

Mrs. Park gave the girls an 'OK' symbol with her hand and left the girls to their business.
 
"Now what should you wear......." Chaerin, being the fashion-savvy teenager she was, strode directly to Bom's closet and began inspecting it for potential party outfits. "Uh-uh... No that won't do... Ooh I need to borrow this sometime!"
 
Bom wasn't liking the comments the blonde was mumbling out loud about her wardrobe. She crossed her arms as a grim expression spread on her face.
 
"Don't be such a sourpuss unnie. It'll be great I'm sure!" Minzy assured as she plopped down on the older girl's bed.
 
"Aha! PERFECT" came a triumphant cry from the closet.
 
Bom was caught by surprise when a pair of studded, galaxy-print denim shorts, a black camisole and a black mesh blouse with holes in it were tossed in her face. A disgruntled 'Oof!' escaped her lips followed by a horrified screech when a pair of wedge sneakers followed suit. Luckily she dodged just in time and they landed on the bed, startling the youngest girl for a moment.
 
"YAH! Are you trying to kill me?!"
 
"Don't be such a drama queen. Just go get ready and let's get out of here!" Chaerin ushered the struggling girl towards the bathroom, leaving the other two giggling evilly in the bedroom.
  
 
***End flashback***
 
 
Bom stumbled forward as Dara tugged her wrist in the direction of what seemed like a living room. She cringed at the grinding bodies she bumped into on her way. As she shuffled through she spotted various ongoing party activities. Drinking games were being played by the kitchen, a karaoke machine had been set up in the home-theatre area, a b-boy dance battle of sorts was being held, there even seemed to be a group of people engaged in a game of spin the bottle. She also couldn't help but stare in awe at the luxurious mansion. So this is how the rich lived?
 
Before she could process everything in her surroundings she found herself standing before a group of familiar faces sitting on a long couch near the center of the living room. They were surrounded by cooing and squealing girls. Luhan's eyes lit up when he spotted the four girls. "I'm glad you ladies could make it."
 
Chaerin smiled at the host. "This party is amazing!" A tan boy shot up from the couch and approached the youngest member of their group.
 
"H-hey Minzy. It's nice to see you out of our dance class. Would you like something to drink?" The boy sheepishly asked while gesturing to the kitchen. Minzy nodded meekly and replied, "Sure Kai, I'd like that." The two then disappeared into the crowd of students.
 
Chaerin, with her full flirtation switched on, walked over to a fair-skinned boy that Bom vaguely remembered being called Suho. She whispered something into his ear, causing his eyebrows to raise up. He swiftly stood up and the blonde girl began to lead him to the dance floor.
 
Bom scrunched up her nose. "Hey can you believe those two just left u—" she was stopped mid-sentenced when she realized that her last string of company had also abandoned her to seek out her own entertainment. The singer pouted in annoyance but was quick to realize that someone was still standing in front of her. Staring at her.
 
Luhan continued to grin at her which made her feel a little creeped out.  "Uhh..."
 
"Are you liking the party so far?"
 
"Yeah it's um... really loud?" Great observation Captain Obvious. She squirmed lightly when she noticed the Chinese boy's gaze that would repeatedly shift to her legs. Her anxiety heightened when she saw that he was slowly approaching her.
 
"So how about—"
 
"Could you point me to the bathroom?!" She blurted, relieved when he halted his steps. She didn't fail to notice the brief flash of disappointment in his eyes. "Drank a lotta' water before coming here... It's kind of an emergency." She cringed at her own lame excuse. Great one Bom. No one will ever think you're weird now. Peeing is a natural bodily function after all, right? If it were possible to mentally groan at one's own embarassing thoughts, she had definitely achieved that goal. The male gestured in the direction of a hallway.
 
"Down that way, second door on your left."
 
"Thanks!" She muttered quickly as she practically dashed away to find safety. She had to get out of this crowd. If she didn't have claustrophobia before, she wasn't about to start hyperventilating and causing a scene now. She originally made a beeline for the bathroom but began veering off in a different direction as multiple dancing bodies bumped up against her. It didn't take long for Bom's lack of sense of direction to get her lost. She began to wander aimlessly around hoping to find some place that wasn't inhabited by dozens of bodies. She let out a soft yelp when she found herself accidentally walking into a hard chest.

"S...sorry... I'll just get out of your way..." She whispered with her head low as she tried to walk around whomever it was she ran into. But she was stopped by a sudden grab of her wrist and the slurred voice of a boy who appeared to have had a few beers too many.
 
"Park Bom is....is that youuuu?" Her eyes shot up in surprise.
 
"I'm sorry.... but who are you?" She eyed the boy, unable to put a name to his red, drunken face.

"You seriously don't remember myyy name? It's me... Jiyong. G to da D, G-Dragon!!" Bom merely raised a delicate brow. "From musical composition class?"
 
"Oh, sorry... I'm usually bad with names." She apologized.
 
"I see how it isssss. Well you can make up for forgetting my name..." The boy drew his face closer that Bom could smell the alcohol on his breath. "By joining me on the dance floor..."

The girl whimpered as she felt the grip on her wrist tighten. "N-no thank you Jiyong-sshi... I'm flattered but I really shouldn't...."
 
"Come on baby just one dance~" the proximity between them decreased further and Bom almost wanted to cry.

"Please Jiyong I really don't feel like dancing right now..."
 
The boy pretended as if he didn't hear her and began dragging her unwilling body to the crowd of gyrating bodies when a deep voice spoke up from behind her.
 
"Is there a problem here?"
 
Bom looked up gratefully at her savior but felt her body tense up when her eyes met with the deep brown orbs of Kris'.

***
Hope you all like this chapter. I apologize for making GD a drunken idiot in this one... he was the first one that came to my mind when I needed some kind of male idol. Hopefully I can keep updating regularly. School is starting soon (in less than 48 hours noooo T.T) so it might slow me down a little but I'll try my best to keep it up! Please continue to support and leave me your thoughts I appreciate it so much! See you all in the next chapter.