Chapter 1 - Encounter

His Heart of Ice, Her Heart of Gold

 

 

 

 

“Daraaa~ where are you? You were supposed to be here 15 minutes ago!” Bom whined over the phone as she stood at the exit gate for the airplane she had just unboarded from.

 

“Mianhe Bommie, I had to stop by Chaerin's to pick her and Minzy up. They really wanted to come with me to welcome you back!” Dara replied apologetically.

 

“Mianhe unniiiieeeee!” Minzy could be heard exclaiming in the background.

 

Bom just sighed, “Okay but you guys need to get here ASAP. I slept through the last in-flight meal and I'm STARVING.” She rubbed her rumbling stomach as she silently cursed the woman that sat next to her on the plane and didn't bother to nudge her awake for breakfast.

 

“Roger! We'll be there soon, just hold tight and wait by the entrance for us okay?” Dara said cheerily.

 

“Neee...” Bom replied in a weak tone, exaggerating her lack of energy from hunger. They hung up and Bom gathered her carry-on bags. Her round doll-like eyes searched around for a sign indicating where the baggage claims were located but she couldn't find it. Spotting someone who she faintly recalled having got off the same plane as her, she quickly went up to them and tapped them on the shoulder.

 

The stranger turned around and was jolted in surprise when they laid eyes on her. Bom just mentally rolled her eyes, she had expected this. Back in America her appearance wasn't as big a deal but in Korea her bright, brown and fuschia ombre-dyed hair caught many people's attention. It didn't help that she was a make up maniac and loved to lay on the eyeliner and mascara as well, accentuating her large eyes even more. Her fashion probably further alarmed people as she wore a studded leather jacket over a graphic tee, extremely short shorts, wedge sneakers and fishnet stockings that sported a few small holes here and there. Her appearance just screamed American.

 

“Um... would you happen to know where I can pick up my luggage?” she asked politely despite feeling uncomfortable from the man's awkward stare.

 

The man just nodded, a little startled by her fluent Korean, and pointed ahead of him, “Over here... I'm heading there now so you can just follow me.”

 

“Kamsahamnida!!” Bom replied cheerfully while bowing. Her eyes formed adorable crescents as she smiled in gratitude making the man blush as they both continued walking in the same direction.

 

 

 

After several mistaken luggages and embarrassingly needing the assistance of an airport employee to pull her heavy suitcase off the luggage carousel Bom finally had a hold of her possessions and made her way to the front entrance of the airport where she had promised to meet Dara and the rest of the gang.

 

“So...where was the entrance again...?”

 

 

***

 

 

“Oppa!! You made it safely back to Korea! How was your vacation in China??!” A rather large group of teenage girls wielding their cellphone cameras and various gifts crowded around as a tall, handsome young man finally exited the baggage claim area of the airport.

 

Kris, using his sunglasses to hide his gaze, pretended not to hear the girl who called out to him and proceeded to make his way to the front of the airport.

 

“Was it nice visiting your eomma back home?? I bet it was nice. I bet you also have a huge house over there too!” Another shrill voice was heard.

 

The blonde-haired male continued to ignore the questions and comments and merely grunted a “Move.” when someone got into his way.

 

“Kyaaa~ Kris-oppa is so cold but that's what makes me like him the most out of Exo!” One girl excitedly hopped as she took pictures of his facial expression...or lack of.

 

Kris merely rubbed his temples as he felt the beginnings of a migraine. He quickened his pace in attempt to get away from all the fangirls but failed to notice a flashy blur headed in his direction...

 

 

*BAM*

 

Before he knew it he had walked straight into someone, knocking her down but also making him lose his own balance and falling straight onto his as his sunglasses flew off. Landing on his cellphone in his back pocket in the process, a small craaaack could be heard. He winced.

 

But before Kris could let out a string of curses at whoever dared get into his way he was beaten to the punch.

 

 

What the hell?! Watch where you're going you ing giant!” Bom hissed as she rubbed her now tender rear. She was suddenly caught off guard that she didn't even realize that she had sworn in English.

 

Kris's eyes widened in shock. Fan girls ran to his side in concern as they gasped and asked if he was alright. Some of them threw death glares to the other girl tending to her sore backside on the ground.

 

“YAH! How can you yell at our oppa like that?! Who do you think you are? You dumb foreigner who can't even speak Korean.”

 

Bom's head reeled as her body took in the sharp pain. Foreigner? ...speak Korean? She finally realized what had spewed out of earlier and she merely huffed. She was about to open to retort to whoever insulted her when...

 

 

“Get. Away.” The blonde male in front of her said sternly. He didn't know why he decided to speak in English as well but he figured it may intimidate all the girls surrounding him even more than usual.

 

“B-but oppa you're hurt.”

 

“GET. OUT. LEAVE.” He stared at the floor with an intensity that could possibly burn a hole in it.

 

“Hey.... he's really mad... we should probably go.” The girls all shrunk away and greeted him goodbye as they sadly shuffled out of the airport.

 

 

Kris slowly pulled himself up and dusted off his pants. He glanced around searching for his sunglasses that decided to disappear upon their collision. His eyes landed on the figure before him and he raised an eyebrow at her peculiar airport fashion. He eyed her from her brightly-colored hair down to her long, curvy, fishnet-clad legs. The corner of his lip quirked up slightly in approval.

 

“Hey Giant are you gonna help up a damsel in distress or what?” The girl continued speaking in English when she noticed he was staring at her. He merely rolled his eyes and reached for her small wrist as he quickly yanked her back up onto her feet without any warning.

 

Bom stumbled a bit as she got up and shot him a glare. “Be gentle! Jeez, don't you have any manners? You call yourself a gentle...man...?” Her eyes widened slightly and her breath hitched in .

 

Standing before her was the most handsome specimen of a man she had ever laid eyes on. Towering over her at well over 6 feet and dressed casually in jeans and a black v-neck T-shirt. His strong features, full lips and sharp jawline were prominent as were his smoldering yet cold-looking eyes. She felt a shiver run down her spine.

 

Kris smirked when he noticed her gaping at him. However he couldn't help but notice her deep brown, round doll-like eyes that were nothing like he'd ever seen before. And those pouty lips... those lips that were slightly parted and calling out to him. He shook his head, breaking their gaze.

 

Bom turned her head away feeling her face heat up. She looked back at him curiously when she noticed him pulling something out of his back pocket. She cringed slightly when she saw that it was his cellphone with large spiderweb-like cracks adorning the screen.

 

“.” He muttered while combing his fingers through his blonde locks.

 

“It's all your fault you know.” Bom said as-a-matter-of-factly. “If you weren't so busy with all your girlfriends just now you would have seen me walking in front of you.”

 

The male glared in her direction. He felt his temper flare up. “This is all your fault you . If you weren't wandering around like a lost foreigner this wouldn't have happened. Look at what you did! You owe me and this model isn't cheap.” His husky voice retorted shoving the cracked phone in her face.

 

Bom's mouth twitched at being called the b-word and she pushed the phone out of her vision. “I owe. You. Nothing.” Her eyes narrowed in anger and she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

 

“Do you think you can get aw—” Kris began but was cut off by the ringing of Bom's cellphone. She inwardly sighed in relief as she pulled her phone out of her pocket. She held up a finger indicating that she needed him to shut up for a moment while she answered her call. She loved his reaction of a 'Who the hell does she think she is?' expression on his face.

 

 

“Hello Dara? Are you finally here? GREAT!” Bom jumped happily in place. “I'll be right out. See ya!”

 

She gathered all her bags and gave him a sickly sweet smile. “Well that's my cue to get out of here. Sorry about your phone. PEACE!” She threw up deuces as she her heels and sped-walked as fast as she could out the front door.

 

“Hey wait!!! What about my phone?!” Kris yelled after her. He didn't bother pursuing her though. He merely picked up his sunglasses from the floor along with the rest of his belongings. Walking over to a nearby bench he angrily tinkered with his broken phone trying to dial a phone number. After struggling for a few minutes he managed to punch in the correct number and hit the call button. Kris slouched on the bench as the dial tone rang in his ear and finally a familiar voice answered.

 

“Sup man?”

 

“Hey Tao come ing get me. I've been waiting.”

 

“I was already on my way, but what crawled up your and died?” The male on the other line asked sensing anger in the other one's tone.

 

“It's nothing. Just hurry up. I want to go home already.”

 

Okay okay. Keep your on I'm almost there.” The two hung up and Kris hunched over resting his elbows on his knees and placed his face in his hands. It's bad enough his trip back home didn't go so well but then he had to go and deal with some psycho English-speaking chick. Just remembering her made his blood boil slightly. The blonde lifted his head and he stared at his phone once again. A part of him wanted to get revenge on that girl but the rest of him just didn't give a crap. He didn't want to bother exerting energy on something so trivial, it's not like he couldn't easily get another phone. Why he made such a big deal about it with her he didn't know. He shook his head and decided to just forget everything. Jetlag must be getting to me.

 

 

***

 

 

“Bommie! What's it been ten years? We've missed you!” A girl with long blonde hair and fierce eyeliner approached Bom and hugged her. Bom quickly broke from the hug and spoke.

 

“Yeah that's great hey can we get in Dara's car? We can talk inside there right? Let's go!” The girl ushered a confused Dara, Chaerin and Minzy over to the pick up/loading area.

 

“What's wrong with you?? Are you that hungry? Don't worry we'll feed you but you have to at least greet your best friends!” Dara pouted once they got to her car.

 

“...I'm sorry I just... needed to get out of there.” Bom guiltily replied. She opened her arms wide for a big group hug and the other girls grinned as they happily complied.

 

“Oh how I missed you guys so much! E-mails every day weren't enough. Nothing compares to being able to see you face-to-face again.”

 

Dara opened the trunk to her car so Bom could put her luggage away and Minzy asked, “Why did you need to get out of there?”

 

The other girl's eyes widened. “Uhhh....I'll tell you on the way to food.” As if on cue, her stomach growled loudly. All four girls looked at each other and just giggled as they all piled into the car.

 

 

 

“HAHAHAHA! You would totally say something like that Bommie unnie!” Minzy held her abdomen as she laughed hard and fought back tears.

 

“It's not funny you guys. I was seriously scared. I thought he was going to call the police on me or something.” Bom whined.

 

“Aigoo our poor Bom. is always getting her into trouble. It's no wonder you have a hard time making friends.” Dara teased from the driver's seat. Bom merely pouted.

 

“I'm proud of her for standing up for herself against a man.” Chaerin turned around in the passenger seat and high-fived Bom. “But I'm curious... was he hot?” Minzy continued to giggle next to Bom. The ombre-haired girl rolled her eyes.

 

“It doesn't matter anymore. What matters is I'll probably never run into that ever again.”

 

***

I hope you all enjoyed this first chapter~ I quite enjoyed writing it. I hope that you all let me know how you feel about it in the comment section below. Seeing all the subscribers this morning really encouraged me. Thank you all so much! :D

Btw, in case some of you were wondering. This is the brown/fuschia ombre hairstyle for Bom that I was referring to. I LOVED this hairstyle on her during the "I Love You" promotions.

Once again thank you for all of your support and I'll see you guys in the next chapter!