Chapter 2 - Welcome

His Heart of Ice, Her Heart of Gold

 

 

 

“Eomma~ I'm heading out to school now!” Bom called out to her mother as she opened the front door of her house.

 

“Wait!!” The woman shuffled over to her daughter and wrapped her in a tight embrace. “Have fun on your first day of school at Seoul Arts Academy” she said as she laid a kiss upon Bom's forehead.

 

“Oh Maaaa... I'm not a baby anymore.” The young girl pouted. “I'm 17 now. I can handle high school even if it's a completely different kind in a different country.”

 

Her mother chuckled and replied, “I know sweetheart. I'm just so happy to have you back home and I want to make sure to be there to cheer you on as you pursue your dreams. You know I'm very happy for you and your Appa up in heaven would very proud of you as well.”

 

Bom smiled with her chin resting on her mother's shoulder. “Thanks Eomma. That really means a lot to me.” She pulled away. “Okay I have to go now. I'm going to be late if I don't.”

 

“Alright.” Her mother replied as she straightened out the bow of her daughter's uniform. She was thrilled to have her baby back home in Korea. She had grown and changed quite a bit since she had gone to live with her aunt in America. While a bit startled at first, she didn't mind her bright hair or bold style choices because deep down she was still the pure and gentle Bommie that she had raised.

 

Bom waved goodbye to her mother and then made her way out to begin her trek towards her new school.

 

 

***

 

 

The classroom was lively with the sounds of teenagers as they conversed and fooled around before class started.

 

“Rock, paper, scissors!!”

 

“!”

 

Lay squeezed his eyes shut and tensed up his body in preparation as Baekhyun, who had won that round of rock, paper, scissors held up his fingers to flick his forehead.

 

“Oww!” Lay cried as he rubbed his sore forehead. Baekhyun merely stuck his tongue out at the other boy.

 

D.O. sat at his desk reading a novel while Suho sat in his studying material for an upcoming test. Xiumin, Chen and Luhan were conversing with each other as Chanyeol fiddled around with his phone. Tao lay with his head on his arms over his desk napping as per usual. Behind him, looking outside the window with a bored expression was Kris.

 

Luhan leaned over to Kris as he was seated next to him. “Hey did you hear that we're getting a transfer student today?” Kris ignored the deer-eyed boy not really caring.

 

“Come on. Aren't you the least bit curious? It's not every day that an arts academy like ours accepts transfers. I wonder if they're crazy talented or something.” The blonde continued to pay him no mind. Luhan pouted.

 

“I wonder if it's a dude or a chick.” Xiumin said.

 

“I hope it's a chick. A hot one.” Chen chipped in while smiling. “Right Channie?” He turned to look at the Happy Vitamin member of their group. Chanyeol merely looked at him with a confused expression as he didn't really catch the entirety of their conversation.

 

“Chanyeol doesn't care. He's too busy crushing on Dara hahaha!” Luhan teased. The other boy's ears went red and he averted his gaze back down to his phone. But not before briefly glancing across the classroom to where a certain chestnut-haired girl sat chatting with her blonde friend.

 

 

 

“I hope Bommie can find her way around campus... I knew we should have picked her up so we could show her around.” Dara said while imagining all the terrible things that could possibly happen to Bom on the way to school.

 

Seeing the concerned expression on Dara's face Chaerin rolled her eyes. “I'm sure she'll be fine. Sure, she's directionally challenged at times but she's a smart girl.” She assured her. The brunette merely nodded.

 

 

 

The entrance of the classroom opened and the instructor, Choi seonsaeng-nim, entered with his briefcase in hand.

 

“Ahem! Class settle down I have a small announcement to make before we start class.” A majority of the class sat down in their seats and looked up ahead with anticipation. Minus Kris, of course, who appeared to be on the verge of falling asleep and could possibly be joining his friend Tao in dreamland at any moment.

 

“As some of you may be aware, we have a transfer student joining us today. Let us welcome the new student as she has come all the way from America to study here at our prestigious academy.” The teacher gestured to the classroom door.

 

 

Bom stood outside the classroom and let out a shaky breathe as she could hear the teacher begin introducing her appearance. She flipped her wavy hair over her shoulders and straightened out her blazer right before she entered the room. Various gasps and whispers could be heard as she stepped in and faced the entire class. She stared nervously out into the crowd of strange faces but her anxiety soon dissipated when her eyes landed on two of her best friends.

 

“Annyeonghaseo. My name is Park Bom. As sonsaeng-nim previously mentioned I'm transferring here from America and I'm here to study the singing and dancing courses. Nice to meet you all!” she announced politely as she gave a deep bow.

 

As she expected, there were many shocked expressions amongst her classmates most likely due to her hair and the way she decided to accessorize her uniform that day. She had a few pins attached to the lapel of her blazer, a choker was clasped around her neck and several bracelets and rings adorned her delicate hands. But of course, she couldn't forget her iconic fashion staple: printed tights. Today they were cute half black-half white tights with bunny faces printed on the front.

 

 

In the back of the room several faces of the Exo members gaped at the new student and her bold sense of style.

 

“Wow I was not expecting that.” Suho said as the others nodded their heads.

 

“She's looks pretty cool. She's brave for coming to school dressed like that.” D.O. stated.

 

“She's totally my type.” Luhan smirked as he leaned back in his seat. He turned his head to look at the dozing off Kris and tapped him on the shoulder. “Hey man, you might wanna see this. She's totally hot.”

 

Kris's eyes slowly opened and he grunted in annoyance at being woken up just before he was about to fall asleep. All the ruckus his friends were making was making it hard for him to rest. But he figured he might as well humor the other Chinese boy anyways. He squinted his drowzy eyes a bit trying to focus them on whoever was standing at the front of the room. When he finally got a good look at the new student his eyes nearly bulged out. Luhan looked at the taller boy with a confused expression.

 

“Foreigner...” The blonde whispered huskily with a hint of malice.

 

“Do you know her hyung?” Baekhyun asked as he, too, noticed the look in his eyes.

 

Kris said nothing as he eyed the familiar figure before him. He could recognize that hair anywhere. And those eyes of hers...how could he forget?

 

What were the chances of them meeting again like this after that incident at the airport?

 

Kris watched her in surprise as she introduced herself to the class. So she can actually speak Korean after all?

 

He watched the teacher usher her to a seat where she excitedly sat down and immediately began whispering to two other girls who seemed to already know her. He looked around to see many of their classmates staring at her with wolfish grins and curiosity as she pretended not to notice their awkward glances.

 

He shifted a bit uncomfortably in his seat and turned his gaze back towards the window acting as if nothing happened. Luhan eyed him suspiciously. There was something he wasn't telling him.

 

 

“I thought you would get lost for sure.” Dara whispered to Bom as the teacher was writing the lesson on the board.

 

“Wow. Have faith in me will you?” Bom whined. Chaerin lightly giggled next to them.

 

“By the way, did you have a chance to look at the Exo boys while you were up there?” The blonde girl asked.

 

“X....who?” Bom replied confusedly.

 

“Exo. They're a group of the most popular boys at this school. They're extremely talented and extremely handsome. They always sit in the back of our classroom. We're lucky to be in the same class as them.” Dara stated dreamily with hearts forming in her eyes.

 

The other girl shook her head but decided to glance back to see if she could get a glimpse of them. From her angle on the opposite side of the classroom she could somewhat make out a few good-looking faces sitting in the back corner of the room.

 

“There's quite a few sitting back there. How am I supposed to know who's a part of that Eggshell group?”

 

“It's Exo. And you can tell because they're ALL in Exo.” Chaerin replied stifling a laugh.

 

“But there's so many of them! How do you even remember all of their names??” Bom whispered in shock.

 

“That's not even all of them. There's a couple who aren't in here because they're a year below us.” Chaerin added.

 

“There's MORE of them?!” Bom couldn't help her voice that elevated above a whisper, catching the teacher's attention.

 

“Ahem... please settle down Miss Park. I know you're excited for your first day of school but please save your conversations for outside of class.”

 

The dual color-haired girl shrank back her seat in embarrassment and replied with a soft, “Neee..” Her friends softly giggled at her.

 

 

***

 

 

The class ended and all the students got up to head out to their next classes. Bom stood up and pulled out her class schedule to try and figure out where she was headed next.

 

“Do you need us to show you to your next class Bommie?” Dara asked as the three girls slowly made their way out into the hallway. The girl merely shook her head.

 

“I'm fine. I can figure it out on my own. I should learn the ways of this campus anyways.” Dara and Chaerin looked at each other and shrugged. They waved their goodbyes and promised to meet up at lunch time. Bom waved back and looked down once again at her schedule.

 

“So my next class is intermediate hip hop and it's in dance room—” but she was cut off when something hard bumped into her from behind and she tripped forward. She squeezed her eyes shut in preparation for impact with the hard floor. But she squealed lightly when she was spun around and caught in someone's strong arm. She slowly opened one eye to see she was not laying on the floor and looked up to see who her savior was.

 

 

“We've got to stop meeting like this.” A deep and familiar voice said from above her.

 

Bom let out a small, “Huh?” As she got a good look at who it was and quickly reacted with a “EHHH??!” She jolted out of his arms and straightened herself up. “Y-you...” she weakly muttered as she pointed towards the monotonous expression on Kris's face.

 

***

I'm pretty surprised that I got this chapter out as soon as I did. I hope I didn't make too many errors and I also hope you all enjoyed it. Kris and Bommie have been reunited! What will happen next between these two?  Stay tuned for the next chapter. Thank you all for your continued support and please continue to leave comments on your thoughts and opinions~ Love you guys! :3