Epilogue

자유 True Beauty

"Oh Sehun you little , it's almost 6 PM and you still aren't dressed yet!" Mihyun exclaimed with exhasperation.

"I don't understand why I have to get dressed," Sehun whined as he kicked his feet up lazily onto the coffee table, "It's just dinner with the boys."

"Jongins bringing his new girlfriend today you insensitive prick! This is the first time he's brought any girl around to show us, so you are not about to present yourself in yesterday's t-shirt and khakis!" Mihyun exclaimed as she flung a dish rag at him. "Now get up and get dressed."

"Fine! Jesus Christ," Sehun muttered under his breath as he reluctantly made his way to their bedroom. "But I'm not wearing a tux!"

Mihyun muttered profanity under her breath and sighed at how childish Sehun still acted. She felt a light tug on her dress, and her face lit up when she saw Kyungsoo staring sleepily up at her.

"Aigoo, is my little baby awake?" Mihyun cooed as she lifted the three year old up into her arms. Kyungsoo giggled happily at the sudden height and squealed in delight, "Daddy's a prick!"

Mihyun nodded her head in approval, "Yes he is."

"Can you not teach him to insult me already?" Sehun sighed as he came out of their bedroom with a tie hung loosely around his neck.

"But you are a prick," Mihyun blinked in innocently back at him.

"A prick!" Kyungsoo shouted with glee as he pointed his chubby fingers at Sehun. "A prick!"

"Daddy is not a prick," Sehun answered patient as he ticked Kyungsoo gently under his chin. Kyungsoo laughed loudly at the touch, and flailed his arms to smack him away, "A prick!"

"We're never going to have a kid, Mihyun," Sehun muttered as he wiped away the saliva that dribbles out of Kyungsoo's mouth.

"Why not?" Mihyun whined as she held Kyungsoo up in her arms. "Kyung is such a cutie, aren't you baby boy?"

"Prick!" Kyungsoo squealed happily as

"If Baekhyun and Chanyeol ask I'm going to tell them that you taught him that," Mihyun added as an afterthought.

"Sehunnie taught you that word, right Kyungie?" Mihyun cooed as she tickled under the boys chin.

"Baek is going to woop my ," Sehun whined as he tried to fix the tie around his neck. "Give me some help, would you."

Mihyun placed Kyungsoo down in his high chair before raising her arms in surrender, "No can do. Jaesuk was the one who tied all my ties for me, remember?"

"You're hopeless," Sehun muttered under his breath as he tried to figure out how the piece of cloth was supposed to work around his neck. "Your dad called when you were out today, by the way."

"Yeah?" Mihyun asked with a cocked head as she began placing out the tableware. "What'd he say?"

"He wanted to know if you're still available for dinner this Thursday," Sehun answered, giving up on making his tie look decent. No matter what he did, Baekhyun was going to make a big fuss and fix it for him anyways. "I told him you wouldn't miss it."

"I guess," Mihyun answered in what she hoped was her most indifferent tone.

Sehun rolled his eyes, easily seeing right through her facade, "Don't try that stuff on me Miss Han, I know exactly what you're really thinking."

"I beg to differ, Mr. Oh," Mihyun retorted with a scoff.

Sehun shook his head and chuckled at her childishness. He glanced at her meaningfully out of the corner of his eye, "I'm glad you finally agreed to give him another chance, Mihyun. He's been trying to schedule a dinner for months now with you playing hard to get. In the end, family is family, Mihyun, and he's the last of it."

Mihyun spun around to face him with narrowed eyes, "What are you talking about? You're my family, Sehun."

Sehun sent her a pointed look, "You know what I mean."

Mihyun folded her arms, "I don't believe I do. My family consists of you, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Luhan, Kyungsoo, Minseok, Jaesuk, Jongin, and whomever that new girl of his is." She glanced at Kyungsoo and cooed as she patted his head, "and I can't forget you either, can I little Soo?"

Kyungsoo gurgled happily in response.

"What's this talk about family?" Baekhyun's voice echoed through the halls before his face popped around the corner

"Baekhyun!" Mihyun greeted him cheerfully by embracing him into a hug. "Sehun was just bitter that he's not a so called real family member since we don't share the same blood."

Baekhyun arched an eyebrow mischievously, "Oh? But you guys share a lot of other things, like saliva and -"

"Why don't you say hello to Kyungsoo?" Sehun loudly interrupted as he gestured to the toddler that was sitting innocently in his high chair. "And it would be nice if you stopped letting yourself in, Baekhyun. The key we hide in the mailbox crack is for emergencies, not for you to break in without notification."

"Hello to you too, Sehun. Clearly you're still fabulous at making people feel right at home," Baekhyun rolled his eyes. He threw his arms up into the air and made a complete 180 once he headed towards Kyungsoo. "How is my baby?! Did Uncle Sehun and Auntie Mihyun take good care of you, huh baby?"

He cradled Kyungsoo in his arms before turning to Mihyun, "Oh, I hope you don't mind by I brought a guest to dinner today. Do you think we could fit in an extra person?"

"You know, the polite thing to do would be to call the host and notify them before showing up with some random stranger," Sehun said loudly to himself.

"It's somebody you know pretty well, Mihyun," Baekhyun smiled cheerfully before turning to Sehun with a dark expression, "Do you want me to shove my fist up your , Maknae? Because I swear to god I'll do it even if Kyungsoo is here watching."

"Language, Baekhyun!" Chanyeol's voice barked from down the hall. "Hurry up would you? You should be happy Baekhyun bribed me into letting you come. I didn't like you then, and I like you even worse now."

Mihyun rolled her eyes and wiped her hands on a towel before heading out to the hallway to greet Chanyeol.

"Chan, that's no way to greet your-" her jaw dropped at the sight of the tall familiar other. His face looked just as handsome as it had when he left her home all those years ago, the only difference being his new hairstyle. "Guest..."

"Hey Mihyun," he smiled at the girls reaction. "It's been a long time, hasn't it?"

"You... You're Kri-"

"Wu Yifan," he immediately interjected, a charming smile spread across his face. "I'm Wu Yifan, or just Yifan would be best."

"Yifan...?" Mihyun repeated the word, testing the name out on her tongue.

"I told you I would tell you my real name the next time we were to meet, remember?" Yifan smiled, chuckling at her awestruck reaction.

"Chanyeol bring Mihyun and Yifan into the kitchen!" Baekhyun called out.

"Oh god not you again," Sehun groaned once he caught a look of Yifan's face.

"See I'm not the only one who reacted that way!" Chanyeol exclaimed as he threw his arms up into the air.

"You guys are terrible," Baekhyun sighed as he clucked his tongue against the roof of his mouth. He wrapped his arm happily around Yifan's shoulders, "Guess how I met him! Guess!"

"No," Sehun stared.

Baekhyun smacked him on the back his head without even blinking, "His kid is one of my students! He came over to pick up his daughter Mirae from my pre-school and I saw him and I almost pissed myself. What our the odds, right?!"

"Yeah, what are the odds," Chanyeol muttered under his breath with annoyance.

It was at this time that Haru decided to turn to Sehun with outstretched arms, "Daddy, up! Up!"

"He's not your daddy, Kyungie. You only have Daddy Channie and Daddy Baek, remember?" Baekhyun explained to his son for what must have been the hundredth time. "Sehun is your Uncle, not daddy."

Kyungsoo blinked at him before turning back to Sehun, "Daddy, up!"

"I swear to god," Chanyeol muttered under his breath.

"It's your fault Yeol," Baekhyun shot him a look. "It's because you didn't explain it well enough to him that he calls every male he sees Daddy. I should have known not to let you handle things."

"Daddy's a prick!" Kyungsoo screamed happily as he pinched Sehuns cheeks with his small, chubby fingers.

"Sehun taught him that," Mihyun immediately followed up.

Baekhyun spun sharply on his heels to face the said male, practically seething, "You taught my baby what?!"

The doorbell chimed just in time, saving Sehun from Baekhyun's anger. "That must be Jongin and his new girlfriend!" Sehun smiled as he strolled out of the kitchen. "Looks like at least somebody here knows how to use a doorbell." He dodged Kyungsoo's rattler that Baekhyun chucked at him, and laughed obnoxiously as he went to open the door.

"Mihyun I need to ask for a favor," Baekhyun turned to her with a serious expression on his face. "I need you to murder Sehun in his sleep tonight. It can be fast and painless or slow torture. I don't care what it is as long as were burying him six feet under next week."

"Hey, hey, hey, what are you saying in the presence of a police officer?" Jongin called out as he strolled into the kitchen with his new girlfriend at his side.

"At least Jongin has my back," Sehun sniffed dramatically as he patted him on the back.

Jongin snorted and swatted him away with his hand, "Screw that! I want in on the plans too!"

"Jongin, shouldn't you introduce your girlfriend to us," Baekhyun asked with a raised eyebrow as he stared at the girl who was shifting nervously in her spot.

"Oh right, sorry about that. I got a little too excited about the idea of wiping Sehun off the face of the earth," Kai grinned sheepishly. "Guys, this is my girlfriend, Ara. Girlfriend, these are the guys, Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Mihyun.”

Before they could exchange greetings, the doorbell chimed once more.

“That must be Luhan,” Mihyun smiled as she quickly excused herself to get the door. She flung the door open and grinned at the familiar face.

“What happened to the key in the mailbox?” Luhan asked as he engulfed her into a hug. “I swear I searched for like ten minutes. Did you guys move it? It’s under the turtle statue, isn’t it?”

“See! I’m not the only one who doesn’t use the doorbell!” Baekhyun exclaimed. “Sorry about that Luhan, I brought it in!”

“Dammit, am I the last one to arrive again?” Luhan sighed as he and Mihyun joined the others in the kitchen. “Is Jaesuk coming today?”

Mihyun shook her head, “He’s still on his Honeymoon in the Bahamas.”

“Who goes on a honeymoon for a month?” Sehun scoffed. “Ours only lasted for like two weeks, didn’t it Mihyun?”

“That’s because you’re cheap,” Mihyun deadpanned. “Besides, Jaesuk deserves some romance in his life after remaining single for 35 years.”

“Thirty-five year old ,” Chanyeol snickered as he fist bumped Jongin.

“I swear to god, why does it seem like you guys mentally age backwards?” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. He played with Kyungsoo’s tiny hands, “Don’t disappoint Daddy and turn out like one of them, okay?”

“Prick!” Kyungsoo nodded eagerly in agreement.

“Let’s eat already! I haven’t eaten since noon and I’m so hungry I could eat a small child!” Chanyeol whined as he rubbed his stomach.

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun gasped as he covered Kyungsoo’s ears with his hands. “How could you?!”

Their family had branched out quite a bit in concerns to Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s adopted son Kyungsoo, Jongin’s new girlfriend Cecilia, and Jaesuk’s new Italian wife, but still, they were a family.

For a family, a true family, didn’t simply consist of those you shared the same blood with, but those who could always make you feel as if you were at home.

Mihyun smiled as she observed all the different things happening from the kitchen counter. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were suddenly in an intense argument over who had to fold the laundry when they got home. Yifan was looking on with an odd expression on his face, probably regretting his decision to accept Baekhyun's dinner invitation. Jongin’s face had flushed a bright red when Luhan had not so accidentally revealed an embarrassing story to Ara All while Kyungsoo gazed at them proudly from his photo frame that was situated above the fire place.

Mihyun glanced up when Sehun wrapped his warm arms around her waist, kissing her gently on the temple with a smile. “It’s always so loud when they come to visit.”

And with them, she was home.