Venturesome

자유 True Beauty

venturesome [venCHərsəm] adj - willing to take risks or embark on difficult or unusual courses of action.

 

 

Chando’s head darted up when his office door suddenly flung open. He opened his mouth to angrily shout at the perpetrator, but paused once he recognized the new presence as Mihyun’s.

He knew that she had finally summoned the courage to approach him, for he hadn’t gotten even a glimpse of her ever since he suggested to Woosung that it would be a good idea to use that dead Noye as a warning. Chando knew Woosung inferred it as a warning to the other Noyes, but Chando had his own perspective of things. It was a warning of his own, a warning to his daughter to stop messing around with those disgusting animals if she didn’t want them to get hurt.

He watched as his daughter silently stepped into the room, and although his face remained neutral, he was mentally smirking victoriously. He knew his daughter well enough to understand that she was hiding her true emotions beneath her stoic mask, and he was the one who had come out victoriously. Perhaps now she would take more care to mind his words.

“To what do I owe your presence to, Mihyun?” Chando asked as the corner of his lip twitched upward into a satisfactory smirk. “It’s certainly been quite a while since you’ve come to meet me.”

“I saw the performance you organized a few days ago,” Mihyun stated as she swiftly closed the door behind her. The image of Kyungsoo flew into her head, and she swallowed hard to prevent her emotions from showing. She stepped towards her father until she met the front of his desk. “I can’t say that I appreciated it.”

“I thought I needed to show you just how serious I am about what I say,” Chando shrugged in response as he leaned back in his leather chair. His eyes widened slightly in surprise when he saw Mihyun’s lips lift into a small smile.

“Funny you’d say that,” Mihyun responded with a cocked head. She lifted her hand to reveal a folder and placed it swiftly onto his desk. “I was thinking the same thing.”

“What is this?” Chando asked with an arched eyebrow as he flipped to front page of the folder’s contents.

“I guess you could call it a proposal,” Mihyun replied in a playful voice as she observed her father’s expression. “If you haven’t realized already, the page you’re looking at consists of all the shareholders who currently have a significant proportion of Han Corporation ownership.”

“And?” Chando scoffed as he looked to the top of the list. “If you can’t see, Mihyun, it states rather clearly that I have the largest percentile ownership.”

“Oh I see that very clearly, father,” Mihyun responded. She outstretched a finger and pointer to her own name that was printed right below her father’s. “But don’t forget that I hold a rather large percentile as well.”

“14%?” Chando barked in laughter. “Are you trying to threaten me with your 18% when you know full well that I possess 34%?”

“Yes and no,” Mihyun answered as she began to pace slowly around the front of her desk. “You see father, although both you and I possess the largest quantity of shares in this corporation, the remaining 52% is distributed amongst a large number of shareholders, both regionally and internationally.”

“And?” Chando asked with an arched eyebrow, his amused smile stretched across his face.

“And,” Mihyun smiled in response. She leaned forward and pointed at the papers in her father’s hands. “You might want to flip to the next page.”

Chando’s eye twitched at the sight of the victorious smile on her face, and he grumbled quietly to himself as he flipped to the next page of the folder. His eyes scanned the bolded letters of the page, and it took him a few seconds to process exactly what the words meant. Mihyun watched in amusement as his eyes widened in a mix of anger and surprise, slamming both of his palms angrily onto his wooden table. “What the hell are you trying to pull?”

“I’m not trying to pull anything,” Mihyun responded simply with folded arms. “I’m not trying to pull dirty tricks around peoples’ back like you do, father. I’m showing you right here what is going to happen. I’m giving you the warning about what is to come these next few days.”

“And what is that?” Chando snarled.

“You can read, can’t you?” Mihyun shrugged her shoulders. “It says proposal to dismiss Han Chando from office.”

Chando let out a low, bitter laugh as he trained his gaze on Mihyun. “You don’t think people are actually going to vote for this, do you? There isn’t a clause! I’m not ill or elderly – nobody will vote me out.”

“I guess we’ll find out, won’t we?” Mihyun smiled knowingly as she coolly turned around to walk out of his office. She stopped just as she was about to close the door behind her, “You might want to flip to the next few pages, abeoji.”

“You did well,” Jaesuk greeted her with a smile once she completely exited her father’s office.

“My heart is beating so fast I think it’s going to come out,” Mihyun confessed as she pressed her hand against her chest. She eyed the suitcases Jaesuk was holding in his hand, and a small smile slipped onto her face. “So you already know, do you?”

“I’m hurt that you actually think you can hide something from me,” Jaesuk scoffed as he began to pull the empty luggage up the stairs.

“What’s that?” Sehun asked as he stared at the suitcases that the pair brought in. Luhan, who had been in the midst of reading a book, came to curiously join him.

“We’re moving,” Jaesuk stated as he gestured to the suitcases. “I thought that was apparent enough.”

Sehun’s eyes widened in surprise, and his large eyes turned to Mihyun for confirmation. “…Why?”

“I told you to trust me, didn’t I?” Mihyun simply asked as she began to pull an empty suitcase into her closet.

Sehun turned to stare at Jaesuk, who gestured him to follow Mihyun with his head.

“Mihyun, I don’t understand,” Sehun murmured as he crouched down beside the girl who was already pulling clothes out of her dresser. “Why are we moving?”

“Because I want to show you,” Mihyun responded simply, not even glancing at the boy.

“Show me what?” Sehun asked, his eyebrows furrowing even further from confusion.

Mihyun paused for a few seconds before turning to him with a small, shy smile spread across her face, “That… t-that…”

“That?” Sehun urged.

“That I’m willing to fight for you too… for us,” Mihyun mumbled under her breath, a light red blush capturing her cheeks. She quickly turned her head in embarrassment, allowing her long hair to shield her florid skin from Sehun’s eyes.

Sehun sat there silently for a few seconds as he processed the meaning behind Mihyun’s words. A smile slowly began to stretch across his cheeks, and he stared at the girl with affection and pride swimming through his eyes. “Mihyun.”

“Go help Jaesuk outside,” Mihyun mumbled as she blindly stuck out her arm to swat Sehun away.

“Mihyun,” Sehun repeated as he reached forward to tuck her long strands of hair behind her ears. “I’ve never seen you blush before,” Sehun stated with amusement as he cupped the girls small face into his large palms.

“S-Stop it!” Mihyun called out in protest as she tried to pull away.

Sehun grinned at the girl’s cuteness, and he quickly pulled her forward with a jerk. Mihyun’s eyes widened in surprise when she felt Sehun’s lips press briefly against her forehead, and she tilted her head up to look into his mischievous eyes.

“I’ll go help outside now,” Sehun grinned as he childishly saluted the girl before exiting the closet.

Mihyun sat there unmoving for a few minutes, and intense tinge of red capturing her face as she replayed the shy kiss over and over again in her head. She shook her head and slapped her cheeks lightly, pulling her out of her phase of giddiness.

“Need some help?” Jaesuk asked as he walked into the closet with a knowing look in his eyes. He plopped down next to Mihyun with an amused smile, and reached over to pat the head of the blushing girl.

“My little Agashi is growing up so fast,” Jaesuk cooed as he patted her hair affectionately.

Mihyun shot him a dirty look out of the corner of her eye, causing Jaesuk to chuckle good naturedly.

Silence engulfed the pair as they worked to pack clothes into the large suitcase that laid before them.

“Jaesuk…” Mihyun called out softly as she continued to slowly fold her clothes.

“Hm?”

“You’re free, you know,” Mihyun spoke quietly as she glanced at Jaesuk from the corner of her eyes.

 “I know,” Jaesuk nodded his head, not offering any more words of response.

“You don’t have to stay with me any longer, you know,” Mihyun continued as she stared down at her hands. “You can go; you’re not under any contract anymore.”

“I know,” Jaesuk shrugged continuing to pack folded clothes into the suitcase.

There was a beat of silence. “Are you going to stay?” Mihyun finally summoned the courage to ask.

Jaesuk stilled. He turned to her with a pair of raised eyebrows and a small smirk, “Did you expect me to leave?”

A small, relieved smile appeared on Mihyun’s face, and she playfully threw a roll of socks at him, “You had me scared for nothing.”

“I am hurt that you honestly expected me to leave you, Agashi,” Jaesuk teased as he pressed a hand to his heart.

Mihyun opened to respond, but was cut off when a pair of arms suddenly slid under each of her arm pits to haul her to her feet.

“Alright, I think Jaesuk can handle packing the clothes alone,” Sehun grumbled as he lifted her off her feet to pull her to the other side of the room. He set her back down in front of her cabinets and patted her head, “Good girl.”

Jaesuk’s loud laughter sounded from across the room and Mihyun elbowed him gently in the leg. She turned to her side when she felt a gentle tug on her sleeve, and smiled affectionately as Luhan who was bunched into a little ball.

Are we really leaving?

Mihynu nodded her head as she reached over to run her fingers through the boy’s hair. Luhan closed his eyes at the gentle touch, enjoying the dreams that quickly flooded his head. No longer would he have to treat carefully from the top floor to the bottom. No longer would he be restricted to a single bed room for a majority of the day. He liked the idea of moving into a new house with just the four of them, if Jaesuk was coming along anyways.

A house just to themselves; it had a nice ring to it.

 

 

"So you and Mihyun are going to live together, huh?" Baekhyun smirked as he nudged Sehun with his elbow. "How do you feel about moving in with your girlfriend when you're not even married yet?"

"Yah, it's not funny," Sehun muttered under his breath as he shoved Baekhyun to the side. He cleared his throat and trained his attention on the other occupants of the cage. "Thanks for coming to join us," he nodded towards Yongguk and his group who were standing tentatively in the corner.

"You two are dating?" Himchan asked with a cocked head as he pointed to Sehun and Mihyun.

"No!" Sehun exclaimed with exasperation, a pink tinge now spreading across his cheeks. "Now can we please start this meeting?"

"We should celebrate," Chanyeol nodded his head. "To Sehun taking the next step in his puppy dog love."

"Hyung!" Sehun cried in protest, the red now reaching the tips of his ears.

Luhan let out a loud whine and bumped Chanyeol gently with a closed fist. Don't forget about me!

"Good thing you'll be there to stop Sehun's advances, Hyung," Baekhyun grinned as he clapped Luhan on the back.

Deciding to relieve Sehun of his embarrassment, Mihyun cleared her voice and called out, "Let’s put the fooling around aside and get down to business."

Immediately the room quieted down to listen to her words, and Sehun grumbled under his breath as to how they were all little pieces of .

“We don’t have the main map, but we’ll have to make do with what we have now,” Mihyun gestured to the bits and pieces of the Noye house layout they had scribbled across various pieces of paper. “I wasn’t sure as to how accurate this all is, so I decided that we should perform a small experiment.”

“What kind of experiment?” Yongguk asked with an arched eyebrow.

The corner of Mihyun’s lip twitched upward mischievously as she reached inside her bag to pull out a small object.

“What’s that?” Chanyeol asked curiously as he reached forward to prod the black object.

“Let her finish before you ask questions,” Baekhyun snapped as he slapped Chanyeol on the back of his head.

“It’s a bomb,” Mihyun quietly informed them as she set it in front of her. “Just a small one that won’t do much damage.”

“What are we going to do?” Chanyeol asked with a cocked head. He flinched when Baekhyun raised his fist threateningly, and quieted down once again.

“We’re going to sneak this into one of the storage line pipes and set it off,” Mihyun explained as she gestured to one piece of their man made map that featured the storage pipes.

“How are we— Ouch! Jesus, okay! I’ll shut up!” Chanyeol grumbled when Baekhyun yanked roughly on a tuff of his hair.

“Tomorrow afternoon when you guys are being called to do your work, I’ll sneak—”

“Over my dead body,” Sehun interrupted before she was even capable of finishing. “You aren’t sneaking around anywhere by yourself.”

“Seh—” Mihyun sighed.

“No, he’s right, I’ll do it,” Chanyeol nodded his head as he swiped the bomb into his hand. “I’m working near the storages tomorrow anyways, so it’ll be easier for me to do than you.”

“Are you out of your damn mind? You’re going to get caught!” Baekhyun hissed as he snatched the bomb from the other’s hand.

“Baek’s right, just let me do it,” Jongin agreed as he plucked the bomb out of Baekhyun’s open palm. “It’s okay if I get caught, I don’t… I don’t have a partner to worry about leaving like you guys do.”

“No,” Sehun glared sharply as he yanked the bomb out of Jongin’s hands. “No.”

“I’ll do it.”

All heads turned to Minseok who had been sitting quietly in the corner of the cage. He meekly rose his hand and crawled forward to carefully take the bomb from Sehun. “I’ll do it.”

He winced discreetly when nobody was quick to argue, and stared down at the small black object that laid in his hands.

“Are you… are you sure?” Chanyeol asked slowly and hesitantly.

Minseok bit down on his bottom lip. What did he expect? He didn’t possess a childhood friend or lover like all them did. If he were to get caught, sure they would be sad, but they wouldn’t be as heartbroken as they would by losing one of their own. He didn’t have any complaints, honestly. He was used to this; this was how Minseok had lived the last 22 years of his life.

“Yeah,” Minseok nodded his head as he tucked the bomb into his pocket. “I’m sure.”

“Minseok…” Mihyun called out softly as she stared at him. She didn’t utter anymore words, but the things she wanted to say were written clearly across her face.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure I want to do this. Positive,” Minseok responded as he pressed a smile onto his face. “Can you tell me what you want me to do, exactly?”

“Minseok…”

“Please, Mihyun,” Minseok stated a little firmer. “Tell me what you want me to do tomorrow.”

Mihyun stared at him silently for a few seconds longer before slowly and hesitantly nodding her head. She gestured for the two of them to move to another corner of the cage so she could explain everything to him in precise detail.

The day quickly concluded itself, and soon it was time for Mihyun and the two others to travel home – to their new home.

It was a small house, really, quite a contrast to the mansion Mihyun had previously lived in. She wasn’t much for cleaning, however, and seeing as how she wouldn’t have any maids, she had chosen a house that was relatively small in size but would still grant them an appropriate amount of space.

The house possessed four bedrooms, one for each of them, two bathrooms, a small study, kitchen, living room, and that was it.

“Do you guys like it?” Mihyun asked as she turned to face the other three, gauging their reactions. “I’m sorry I chose it without asking you all. I’ve already had a bed and desk moved into each of your rooms, but everything else is free for you to choose.”

She was met with silence, and bit down uneasily on her bottom lip. “Well?” A sudden pair of arms wrapped tightly around her waist, and she glanced up in surprise to see Luhan wrapped tightly around her. He stepped back and quickly scribbled something across his board. It’s perfect.

Mihyun smiled happily and took his hand to bring him into their small, cozy house. “Aren’t the two of you coming too?” Mihyun called over her shoulder at Jaesuk and Sehun.

The two men exchanged glances and small smiles before picking up the luggage to bring into the house.

“You can all pick which room you want,” Mihyun nodded her head as she gestured to the four closed doors. She glanced back at them when they all remained still, and cocked her head in confusion. “What’s wrong?”

“Which room is yours?” Sehun asked in what he hoped was a casual manner

“That one,” Mihyun nodded her head at the last bedroom in the hall way.

Luhan immediately darted to the closed door adjacent to Mihyun’s room, and slapped his palm against the door to claim it as his.

Sehun and Jaesuk glanced at each other for a brief second before sprinting to the room next to Luhan’s, not wanting to claim the last bedroom farthest away.

“Looks like you’re one step too slow, dongsaeng,” Jaesuk smiled triumphantly as he lounged on top of his bed.

Sehun kicked at the bottom of Jaesuk’s bed before grumbling all the way to his own bedroom.

“Clean up and get to bed, okay?” Mihyun called out before heading into her own bedroom to change into more comfortable clothes.

Mihyun smiled to herself as she turned off the light before sliding under the covers of her bed. The decision to select a house to live in had come rather suddenly, and the processed had been rushed, but Mihyun honestly couldn’t have been happier. Now Sehun and Luhan would have the freedom to roam wherever they desired, even if the house wasn’t nearly as big as the mansion they had lived in.

Life from now on would be hard, she knew that, but she would have made the same decision all over again if she could.

There was a light rap on her door, and she pushed herself upwards with her elbows to see who it was when a stream of light entered her dark bedroom. “Sehun?”

Sehun stood their silently for a few seconds as he stared into the bedroom with florid cheeks. He took a deep breath of air and then quickly asked all in one breath, “Can I come sleep with you?”

“This is a singles bed,” Mihyun chuckled with an arched eyebrow. She smiled at the pout that spread across Sehun’s lips, and scooted over before patting the empty room she now made.

A wide grin stretched across Sehun’s face and he quickly closed the door behind him to dive under the covers. There certainly wasn’t much room to spare, but the two managed to fit comfortable under the comforter.

Right as they were about to fall asleep, they registered the quiet click of the door knob turning, and looked up to see Luhan sheepishly tip-toeing into the bedroom. He still when he spotted Sehun already lying in bed with Mihyun, but quickly dove under the covers without even bothering to ask.

“It’s a singles bed, hyung,” Sehun protest as he was shoved closer to Mihyun to make room for Luhan. It was an extremely tight fit for the three of them, but they managed to all find a comfortable position before claiming their much needed sleep.

An abrupt band sounded through the room, and the three heads looked up when a sudden flood of light entered the bedroom door.

“I find it utterly insulting that you all had a sleepover without me,” Jaesuk stated with furrowed eyebrows and crossed arms as he stood underneath the bed frame. A grin quickly spread across his face as he moved forward,

“It’s a singles!” Mihyun and Sehun barked as Luhan threw a pillow at the male to prevent him from advancing.  

Jaesuk ignored their words and jumped happily onto the crowded . “It’s either all of us or none of us!”

 

 

A/N: BANZAI FOR WINTER BREAK! 

For those of you whom have been asking about my Tumblr, my username is roughbaek. Come talk to me! I'm much more social on Tumblr than I am here. 

Also, here's a picture as to what I imagined the house to look like.