Lie to Me

Jukebox (one-shots)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lie to Me- Neyo

 

What can you do when you love someone so much but know they don't love you back anymore? Someone please teach me what I can do? Someone....please...

We were both sitting on the couch. I was pretending to be engrossed in the movie we were watching but I was actually trying to think of what to say to her. It's been weeks since we had nights like this together. I hate the distance between us but what can I do. I know the guilt she feels staying by my side. I know she is happier elsewhere but I can't set her free. At least not yet. Let me be selfish for once. But I knew what the cause of it was. I never wanted to confirm it though. I didn't want to hear it from .

Lie to me, lie to me, lie to me, lie to me
Lie to me, lie to me, lie to me, lie

I just wanna be NUMB
I don't wanna feel a thing
I don't want reality
Actually, reality stinks

All of a sudden, her phone rung. She was telling me something but I was still in my thoughts. She told me it was Jessica but I knew who the caller really was. I knew what was going to happen. The same thing that's been happening these last few months. I just didn't want to hear the truth. She went into the bedroom and closed the door slightly. I forgot to ask her if she wanted me to pause the movie or continue. I didn't want to have to rewatch it so I paused it and got up to go to the bedroom. I put my hand on the door handle to opened it slightly wider but something caught my ears. "Hello oppa" She whispered over the phone. My heart just dropped. I stared at the door for awhile before turning and quickly going back to my seat. I froze and slowly a tear fell from my face. When I heard her shuffling back I quickly played the movie. The situation was awkward so I decided to play it cool. 

How about we just pretend
That your cellphone didn't even ring
And that I wasn't on the other side of the door
Listening to everything, tell me another lie

I don't wanna know what I know to be true
What I need you to do, tell me another lie
I don't wanna know what I know to be true
What I need you to do, tell me another lie
I don't wanna know what I know to be true
What I need you to do, tell me another lie
I don't wanna know what I know to be true
What I need you to do, tell me another lie

"Hey babe, I was thinking takeout tonight?" I looked at her but I already knew the answer. I still had to ask like I was expecting some change from her. "I can't tonight. Going somewhere with my sister." I nodded again and turned away. Why do I set myself up for this and get my hopes crushed. I continued the movie but was really spacing out from the pain and my thoughts. 

When she finished getting ready, she was putting on her heels at the doorway so I walked up to her. She cupped my face and said "I'm going to be back late tonight and if I'm not next to you in the morning. I probably ended up sleeping at Jessica's. Don't wait up for me. Love you." I knew she probably wasn't coming back tonight. It was another night alone. I couldn't stand it. I suddenly pulled her into a hug and buried my face in her neck. I don't know how long we stood like that but I knew she wanted to leave now. So I had to ask. "Could we please stay like this just a little longer?" She nodded to my request and that made me a little happier. She started to get irritated.

Please log in to read the full chapter