Just a Dream

Jukebox (one-shots)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Just a Dream- Nelly

 

Slowly, I opened my eyes in frustration because of the morning light seeping through the cracks of the blinds. I rubbed my eyes and turned to the right side and tapped the space next to me only to find it empty. That jolted me up right away. Where was she now? I got up quickly and threw on a shirt and pair of shorts while slowly making my way toward where the noise was coming from in the kitchen. 


 

There she is standing in front of the oven with just my baggy hoodie on. Her hair was radiating from the glow of the sunlight outside. She was swinging her hips back and forth with headphones in humming and cooking something delicious. I slowly crept up behind her with a smile on my face and s my arms around her waist while resting my head on her shoulder. She yelped in surprise and wacked me in the head with the spatula.


 

"Amberrrrr, I told you not to scare me. Look what you did; have to clean my spatula now if we don't want llama fur in our eggs."


 

"But Princesssss, how could I resist with you wiggling your in front of me?"


 

She smacked me again but this time lightly while blushing. I couldn't resist and pulled her in for a deep kiss. We got lost in the moment until we smelled something burning and she quickly pulled away while giggling. 


 

I was thinking 'bout her, thinking 'bout me

Thinking 'bout us, what we gon' be

Open my eyes yeah, it was only just a dream

So I travelled back down that road

Will she come back? No one knows

I realize, yeah, it was only just a dream

 

Was this some sort of inception? I thought I was already awake. Weren't we in the kitchen? I slowly open my eyes with the same routine and rolled to my right. It was empty...again. I just stared at her spot and tears slowly developing in the corner of my eyes. 

 

I was thinking of her again. Thinking of that day. One of the happiest day turned into my worst. My solo album, "Borders", just came out and was at the top of the charts. Sitting in the van while scrolling through the top rankings of each music channel and checking my social media, I noticed comments on my post about her. "Is it true, they asked me?" Is what true? Then, I got spammed with comments saying it's true, it's been confirmed by the agency. What's going on? I couldn't believe it. Every news site had their relationship confirmed. 

 

My princess and someone else. 

 

I stared at my phone for a couple seconds blinking at the article. This can't be. Freaking unbelievable. I went to more sites and there were even pictures. You've got to be kidding me. Ahghhhhh! I scrolled the window down and threw my phone out the window. My manager pulled over quickly and looked at me in sympathy. 

 

"I'm sorry, Amber. I wanted to hide it from you but eventually you will find out. The company couldn't hold the articles back anymore."

 

"Why...why, oppa?! Why now? Why today? How long has this been going on?" 


 

I was at the top and now it's like I'm in the basement

Number one spot and now she find her a replacement

I swear now I can't take it, knowing somebody's got my baby


 

After that night, I told the company I couldn't control my emotional needs anymore. I had to cut my promotions short and they said they will not give me another again comeback until I grow up and move on. I just sat in my balcony of my now trashed apartment. I was never a drinker but these days no one will be able to say that. I chuckled to myself at my stupidness. Do I even have the right to be mad at her? How long have we been taking a break. I should've known. It hasn't been the same for awhile now and it was my fault. 

 

"Where are we going with this" Here we go again. That question again. She stared at me with a stoic face.

 

"What do you mean, Krystal? We're us. I love you and I love us the way we are. Can we just get back to the movie?" I quickly turned my head back to the screen but she pushed my head back towards facing her.

 

"Don't you see a future with me? We've been together for 4 years, Amber!?! Why can't you ever answer this question seriously."

 

"Soojung, come on. We finally have a break from our schedule. Let's not fight and just spend the night happy. I'm tired of that same old question. I love you. Isn't that all that matters?"

 

"You still don't understand do you?" She sighed this time with tears slowly rolling down her face. "The same old you. I guess I should've known sooner. I fell in love with this dorky side but for once in my life, I wish you weren't dorky and you could be serious for once." 

 

"Is this about your friend's engagement? Are you jealous? Krystal, I told you I'm not rea-"

 

"I'M NOT JEALOUS, AMBER! I just want to know where we're going with this, Amber. I always want to move forward but you don't. I don't...I just don't know if I can keep waiting for you to catch up to me." 

 

"What are you trying to say, Krystal? Look, fin

Please log in to read the full chapter