Flashlight

Jukebox (one-shots)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Flashlight- Jessie J

 

Amber’s POV

“I can’t do this anymore. I’m sorry, Amber.”

“What are you ta-“

“This. The whole “Kryber” thing and the fanservice. All this pretending. I don’t want to continue hurting you and he won’t like it either.”

“Krys…come on, you know this is just for promotions. Look earlier, I know I might have gotten carried away but the fans were-“

“Amber, I can’t deal with your excuses. There’s no us. You have to face that fact. Every time we do this, I know I’m only getting your hopes up again. We don’t have to pretend to care about each other anymore.”

“Krystal, I’m just being friendly. I thought we were at least still friends. Krys…Krys! Krystal! Soojung! Wait!”

I watched her turn on her heels and walk away leaving us back to how we were before. Back to strangers.

Things weren’t always like this. We were happier in the beginning. Well maybe not we, she could be happier now. I’m not sure but I was definitely happier in the beginning. When we were still young, chasing our dreams and facing each hurdle together.

Somehow during one of those days in the beginning, I had realized I had fallen in love with someone I shouldn’t be in love with. That person was you. The euphoria from our first performance was sending us through the roof. We were all smiling at each other laughing, even though we were drenched in sweat from the nervousness. I looked over at you and saw your eyes glimmering and your face shining. You had one of the biggest grins on your face while your hair was sticking to your face. That’s when I knew. I love you. I love your smiles you were always too shy to show but when you did, it would always light the room. That laugh of yours and how you tilt your head back and cover your mouth to control it. How you could look like the strongest person one second and the most vulnerable the second.

We weren’t best friends but we were close friends. Until you started to soar. You got busier. You got more admirers each day. People I could not be compared to. You had more options and paths. You realized you loved more than just music. There was acting and modeling. I’ve only focused on music. Only chasing two dreams, music and you. That’s over now. Because you’ve just killed me inside.

Krystal’s POV

I was sitting on my hotel bed thinking about all the words I just said to her. I know because of me she would probably me out drinking again with her friends. I need to do this though. Keep strong, Krystal. This is for her own good. For both your happiness. What we both had will only drown us in the end. I was always the pessimist while she was the optimist. I had to be real. I needed to show her if I could go the path we are supposed to, she will too. There I go again. Crying. The familiar feeling of my heart going numb is settling in. I was used to this now.

 

When tom

Please log in to read the full chapter