I Promise You

Jukebox (one-shots)
Please log in to read the full chapter

I Promise You- Frankie J

 

Tonight was the night I've been waiting for. I was nervous as hell. It's the first time I tried to organize something and I've been planning this for a few weeks now. I took out my planner to check what I needed to make sure to do today for everything to go smoothly. I just couldn't contain my excitement for tonight. 

"And this is where you will be training for a couple of days. Krystal started last year but she's a quick learner and one of our smartest employees. Hey Krys, this is our newest addition to the team, Amber Liu, from our LA branch." I looked at the woman who was going to train me. She looked really young close to 21-22 if I might say but I myself am 23 so I think I'm pretty young myself. I transferred here to Seoul as a newly promoted supervisor. I was pretty smart for my age and agile that I moved up in ranks. And with my social skills, it was quite easy for me to build that network. Now back to the young lady, she only looked up briefly and lightly smile at me before switching her gaze back to her work. 

When the tour ended, I was brought back to Krystal's desk so she could show me the basics. I noticed her desk cluttered with paperwork more compared to the other employees. She spoke unemotionally like a robot while telling me the steps. I was starting to fall asleep on the palms of my hand. Then I heard a loud bang on the cubicle wall. The employees around us were getting up and heading out the door. The girl who caused the bang asked "want to go to lunch with us?". I nodded my head and looked at Krystal who seemed to ignore the question completely and was still typing away. "Hey Krystal, you coming?" She didn't even look at us and just shook her head. "Ignore her, she's always like that. So into her work. To be honest, she's kind of weird she never talked to anyone unless for work." I headed out the door with the team and took one last glance at Krystal who was still busy typing away. Little did I know, that weird one heard everything and a lone tear had dropped onto her keyboard as she continued working. 

As days go by my training ended with Krystal. I was in my new office starting my work. I got close to many other coworkers and my subordinates through our outings but Krystal never seem to join us. I have spent the most time with her so far from training and all I know about her is her name. Her cubicle was in my view if I look out my door. She was indeed very attractive if you lose the glasses and put the hair down. Damn, what's with the pencil skirts? Is she a nun or something. I was lost in my gaze when I heard knocking which woke me up. "Hey boss, we're leaving now bye!" I waved bye to my coworkers. Everyone started to leave except her. She was still glued to her chair. I decided to focus back on my work and when I finally finished it was dark outside. The whole office was empty and dark except a certain area where you could still see brightness illuminating from the monitor. 

"Hey you're still here? You should really head home it's late and your family will be worried about you." 
"I'm not done with these projects yet. And.....there's...no one waiting for me at home so it's fine." She replied with coldness. I was taken aback with her response. I looked at the projects she was doing and noticed they weren't even hers. "Why are you doing other people's work? Did they throw this on your desk? I'm going to have a talk with them!" One thing I hate most is when people take advantage of others. She quickly turned towards me this time and grabbed my arm pleading with her eyes. "Please don't, they didn't I agreed to it...I don't mind it...if you say something it will just...make them hate me...more...plus I need the overtime." There was no more coldness but only sadness. I sighed and grabbed half the stack of papers and started walking to my office. "What are you doing?" She yelled. "Don't worry I'm helping you...I don't want the janitors to think I'm an evil boss making you do all this yourself." 

Days passed, I have been helping Krystal with her work. I made sure to punish those workers though. She slowly started to open up to me just a bit though. It was just me telling her everything about myself being the social butterfly and her answering my questions. I wasn't sure if she was listening. Her family was in the States. Her parents constantly traveling for work while her sister is the yup The Jessica Jung of SNSD. Nobody really had time for her. No wonder why she just stays in the office and drowned herself with work. 

It was one of those late nights again. I went to the vending machine and grabbed a coffee. I decided to grab an extra one knowing that besides me she's always here too. I walked up to her desk to her arms crossed with her head resting on top facing to the side. Her glasses were falling off her nose and was slightly opened. How cute. I slowly took her glasses off and squatted them to look at her form eye level. I hope the cleaning crew don't walk by because I look like a total creep right now. I don't know how long I was staring but then she suddenly opened her eyes looking straight at me. "What what are you doing?" I was flustered and started stuttering."Uhh...you...yyyou have something there on your face...hehe drool." Her eyes widen as she quickly grab a tissue to wipe . I chuckled and handed her the coffee I bought. She had her head down from embarrassment or was it to hide her blush. "It's okay I won't tell anyone" I winked at her. She glared at me and shuffled back to her work. 

Ever since, I helped clear up her work, she didn't stay late more which I kind of missed. She did

Please log in to read the full chapter