Chapter nine

Remembering and Making Memories

        Two men dressed in black just like Sulli said, except that one of them has a red cap on, came bursting in. The one with the cap didn’t hesitate to raise his gun, I was already up and I quickly kicked the gun out of his reach. The other one didn’t even get to raise his when I grab his arm and took it from his hand. Before I can do anything with it, the cap guy grabs me from behind. Ignoring Sulli’s scream, I raised my body and used my feet to kick the other guy who was in front of me. He stumbled out into the hallway, since the door was now open. I felt the cap guy tighten his grip around me. I took a deep breath before flipping and landing behind him, my bandaged wrist hurting like hell but I pretended not to feel it. I pull out my arms and kick him out too. “Are you okay??” Sulli asks from behind the couch, I nod. “I’m fine.” I answered, massaging my wrist and trying to not lose focus. The men might come back so I decided to look outside when I heard a loud CRASH. I ran out, looking out into the hallway to only find Mark with the men both on the ground and Mark’s right foot stepping on the cap guy and him brushing himself off. It would hardly be a workout for him, I thought to myself. He always was good with his fighting skill.

        “Are you okay?” he asks as he walks to me. I nod and went back in. “Ssul? We need to leave, we can’t stay here.” I said looking at her. She looked back at me, her eyes still teary and looking so scared. “But… where would we go?” she asks and I fell silent. Where could we go? “My place. You can stay there for a while. My father is off on a business trip for the time being.” Offered Mark without even the slightest hesitation. That’s what I like about him; he doesn’t doubt his friends and always helps first and saves the questions for later. We accept his offer gladly. I quickly went to my room and gather a few things to bring with me. “Jiwon let’s go!” I heard Mark shout. He pops his head in my room and said, “The guys ran off. Probably getting some help or something. We need to go, now.” I nod, stuffing everything in one bag and sling it on my shoulder before heading out. I still didn’t forget to lock the house door even though they might just knock it down anyway.

        Mark drove while Sulli and I were at the back. I kept fiddling with my bandaged wrist; it hurts so much now that the excitement from my body earlier is gone. I saw Mark stealing glances at me so I stopped, the pain slowly subsiding. “We’re here.” Announced Mark the second time today. I look out just in time to see the big gate closing behind us. Woah, Mark is rich now. We got out and I just manage to stop myself from gagging in awe, his place was huge. When we entered I almost let out a sigh because of how beautiful the house is. I look at Sulli and she looks unfazed by it, wouldn’t be a big surprise, she’s rich herself.

        “Make yourself at home, my father should be-” he stop midway and I almost bump into him. “What’s wrong?” I ask. Suddenly Sulli nudge me and bowed, confused I step aside, Mark was blocking my view for being so tall. “Oh, uncle.” I said bowing at him. I guess he hasn’t left just yet. Mark and Sulli gave me a look. Oh, maybe I shouldn’t have called him uncle. “Who are you?” Mark’s father asked in a demanding tone. “Er, it’s, ehm, me. Jiwon. Kim Ji Won.” I said awkwardly, bowing once more. “Ahhh, Jiwon.” He said finally remembering. Glad he remembers me, I smiled. I can see him smiling back, although only temporary. His gaze going back to Mark who was looking at him coldly. “I will be leaving now.” He said and before he passed me he said, “Oh and Jiwon-ah, it is a bit late but I am sorry to hear about your mother. My deepest condolences.” He said to me a little too formal but I guess that’s normal now. I can see Mark has nothing to say to him so I say, “Have a safe trip.” While trying to smile.

        “Family problem too huh?” said Sulli understandingly after a while. Mark didn’t say anything. He just ordered a maid over to bring us to our rooms. Our room was comfortable, I liked it. Sulli was still unfazed. Guess she’s still remembering what happened earlier. A maid suddenly walks in. I look up, asking what she wants. “The young master said to treat your wrist miss. It will only take a while. I will try to be gentle.” She said, taking my wrist. Sulli excused herself to shower. The maid was done and I thanked her. My wrist actually feeling a lot better. Sulli came out of the bathroom in her robes. “Did you bring anything to wear?” she suddenly asks. I shook my head and she sigh. Another maid walks in and I made a mental note to lock the door later. “The young master told us to bring this here. He said you can request something else if you don’t like it.” Sulli took the bag from her and took out the clothes inside it. “The clothes are fine, thank you.” Said Sulli after a while. The maid bowed and left. I stood up and locked the door behind her. “I’m gonna take a quick nap Jiwon. Wake me up in time for dinner. I feel so tired all of a sudden.” Sulli said, lying down.

        After a few minutes, Sulli was already fast asleep. I took out my phone and dialled Larry’s number, looking behind me again to double check if Sulli is still asleep. “Larry?” I said through the phone. “Yes Jade? What is it?” his voice was tired, I can tell I woke him up from his sleep. After apologizing about waking him, I told him everything that happened, careful not to wake Sulli up. “Where are you now?” asks Larry urgently. “I’m at a friend’s house.” I answered him. “Stay there till we go get you. The situation is much more serious than we thought. Do not trust anyone okay? Do not even leave the house if possible. We’ll get there as soon as possible.” I nod, but realizing he can’t see me, I say, “Okay.” I can’t believe this is happening. Looking at Sulli and realizing that her life might be in my hand, I shiver. “How is she?” Larry suddenly asks.

     “She’s shaken up but other than that she’s okay I guess.”

     “How about you? Are you okay?”

     “Yeah, a bit hard keeping up, but I’m fine.” Suddenly a thought stuck me, how could I forget to tell Larry? I mentally slapped myself.

     “Larry, there’s something I forgot to tell you.”

     “What is it?”

     “I don’t know if this is important but er, remember Dan? He found me, at my school.”

     “WHAT? When did this happen??”

     “Two days ago?” He sounds mad.

     “Why didn’t you tell me Jade?”

     “It, slipped my mind.”

     “This is it, do not trust anybody. Ever. We’re coming.”

     “Okay.” I said a bit timidly and he hung up.

        I woke Sulli up at dinner. My conversation with Larry still stuck in my head. Don’t trust anybody. But, how about Mark? I can trust him right? I do trust him. And I know Sulli was willing to tell him what happened. So after dinner, we sat down in the living room and we told Mark what happened. Sulli even told him about her brother, with much hesitation. “What are you gonna do now?” Mark asks after we finished telling him. “I don’t know really. I’m just, really confused right now.” Said Sulli slowly. “Aren’t you going to tell your parents or something? This is some serious stuff.” Said Mark. “And what? Let my father take me away somewhere and leave my brother alone? No way. I want to help him. He’s my brother after all.” Said Sulli. “Just a suggestion.” Said Mark. “Sorry.” Mumbled Sulli. “Well if you guys want, you can stay here until we figure something out.” Said Mark casually. But I caught on, “We?” I raised my eyebrows. “Yes, we.” He confirms. “You guys have a past, don’t you?” Sulli suddenly asks. “I can tell you’re doing this for her, not for me.” She smiled. “But I’m fine with that. I’ll give you guys some privacy. I have to call Jr anyway.” She said and left. Leaving me and Mark alone. 

 

 

          A/N: I know its been a while. Sorry. I really am. I'll try to do better. I still hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it's a bit short. I'll try to update soon!