Chapter seven

Remembering and Making Memories

“Jiwon?” called out a familiar voice.

            “Sulli!” I said standing up immediately. Something’s wrong. She sounded tired, too tired. I ran passed Mark and opened the door without hesitation. Sulli stood there, holding on the door frame for support. She looked weak.

            “O” She said when she saw Mark behind me, and gave the same reaction when she saw Jr there too. It didn’t last long though because, one minute she was standing there looking surprised and another minute she was already collapsing, I caught her just in time. She feels warm, too warm in fact. She’s boiling hot. “Ssul!” I exclaim, my left wrist hurts and I can barely lift her. Someone took her from me, surprised to see it’s Jr rather than Mark who was standing beside me. That’s weird, I don’t think Jr even knows Sulli. Or notice her. He ignored me and carried Sulli bridal style to my room, not even asking for my permission, not that I care now though. Snapping out of my head again, I head to my room too, Mark just behind me. I put my hand on Sulli’s forehead.             “Fever.” I muttered. Just as I expected.

            “I’ll get the towel and water.” Said Jr. Again surprising me, why does it look like he actually….. cares? I shook my head, he barely know her. Right? He came back after a few minutes. I took the towel and pressed in on Sulli’s forehead, doing this for numerous of time until her fever started to subside. Mark had gone to the bathroom to clean up while I can still feel Jr looking from the living room. He seems a bit restless if you ask me. I went to change the water, it got warm. When I got back, Jr was in my room, putting a thick blanket on Sulli, even tucking it in for her. I hid myself as I saw him go out, acting as if nothing happened. I put on the towel once again on her forehead, wiping my own sweats as I stood up. I’ll change that later. I got out to make her some soup, she needs to eat. So I got out as Mark finished cleaning up. It was Jr’s turn to use the bathroom now.

            I entered the kitchen, preparing the ingredients and starting to cook. “What’s that for?” I heard Mark asks. “Sulli. She needs to eat.” I answered simply. “How did you become friends with her? You don’t make friends too fast, but it was different with her.” I shrug. “She was nice. Sides, on the first day, the only empty seat was beside her.” I was honest, well, half honest, but still honest. I can tell he’s thinking it over, whether to believe me or not. I was standing in front of the soup I’m making, waiting for it to heat up when I felt someone behind me. I turn around, only to find Mark staring at me with that eyes of his. He’s close, too close. I lean back, but the soup was right behind so I can’t go too far back. What is he trying to do? He grab my left wrist, I wince. “Nothing huh?” he said, in a mixture of anger and concern. I tried to pull it back but it hurts. “Let go.” I said, pain in my voice. He did, grabbing the medical kit and wrapping it for me. It was kind of messy, but I didn’t care. We stood there, an awkward atmosphere surfacing. When he was finished, he looked up, I was looking at him too, and so our eyes met, looking at each other straight in the eyes. I think we stayed like that for seems like an eternity, when he inch closer. And closer. And closer.

            I cough. “Th- the soup’s ready.” I stuttered, turning around, my back now facing him. I stirred the soup one more time before pouring it in a bowl and bringing it to my room.  Putting the bowl aside, I woke Sulli up. “Ssul?” I said softly. Her eyes slowly fluttered open. She smiled weakly at me as I help her sit down. She’s definitely better than an hour ago. “Soup.” I told her. “And you’re gonna finish it whether you like it or not.” I add, earning a laugh from her. She was strong enough to eat on her own so I got out to get her medicine. Jr was already done so I avoided Mark successfully. “Here.” I said, handing Sulli her meds as she finished her soup. “I’m going to shower now okay?” I told her and she nods.

            My whole body ache, I can really feel it now that I have nothing to do. Noticing my left wrist, I tried to erase the feelings I had. It didn’t work though, it stayed in my head even after I finished showering. Things are gonna get awkward. When I entered my room Jr was there, with a laughing Sulli on the bed.

            “Oh, you read poems too? I didn’t know that.” I heard Sulli say.

            “You never asked. Want me to write one for you?” I peek in and saw Sulli turn bright pink. Jr chuckled seeing her. Taking it as a cue, I entered my room and Jr quickly stood up. “You look better Ssul.” I told her, earning a playful glare, which she change into a sweet smile when Jr glance at her. I rolled my eyes. “It’s late. Good night ladies.” Said Jr. going out of the room. Sulli threw me a pillow. “Yah!” I said throwing it back to her before sitting beside her on the bed. “What? Did you recover that fast till you can even hit me with things now?” I . She stuck out her tongue. I didn’t stop there. “Love, is in the air.” I said, pretending to sniff the air. “Ouch! Okay, I’ll stop. Gosh, when did you became a hitting machine.” I said when two pillows were thrown at me at once. “Sleep. That medicine will help you with it.” I told her as I stood up, dragging my lazy feet to my closet. Taking out my favourite grey knitted sweater with an owl picture on it. Just before sleeping, I realize my head throbbing. I sigh, getting up again. Better eat some meds.

            “Nice sweater.” Said Mark when I was on my way back to my room. I froze, this was his. He lend it to me and I never gave it back. I bit my lower lip. “I like it. It’s warm.” I said, my hand now on the doorknob. “Glad it served its purposed.” I heard him say. I turn the doorknob and went inside quickly, not forgetting to lock it. Sighing as I crawl into bed. But I can feel myself smiling as I clutch the sweater closer, falling into a deep sleep.

            The next morning, I was already ready as I woke Sulli up. “Hey, wanna go to school today?” I ask. She nods and sat up. “I can’t skip it two days in a row. I’m feeling a lot better.” She said as she went to the bathroom. I prepared a simple breakfast quickly. Surprisingly Mark was already up too. I feel myself blush, even though I’m not really sure why. When Sulli was finally ready too, I told her to wake Jr up. Her eyes widen, “Yah, Jiwon!” she said but I ignored her, focusing on my breakfast. She sigh and kneeled down in front of Jr, slowly shaking him.

            “Oppa? Jr oppa.” She said, clearly using her sweet voice to wake him up. His eyes were open and looked at Sulli. “Morning.” He said smiling at her. They look like they’re having a staring contest out there. “Yo get up!” I shouted from the kitchen. Sulli gave me a glare, but I just grin at her.

 

            Mark drove. His car sent here with his request. Me in the passenger seat as the two love birds behind us. We ended up filling the silence by telling Sulli what happen. Sulli’s eyes widen and all her gasps are in the right places. “Who’s the guy anyway?” she asks as we finished telling her. I look down, biting my lower lip. “Yeah, who’s the guy Jiwon?” Jr asks, also curious. Mark didn’t say anything, but I knew he’s gonna pry it out of me if I don’t tell him now.          “He was my friend’s ex. Back in the US.” I told them quickly. “I help her get over him and now he’s kinda back for revenge I guess. And no, I don’t know how he found me.” I add, glancing at Mark. I knew what he was gonna ask before he even said anything. “By the way, thank you, for helping me.” I said slowly. “Oh please Jiwon, that’s what friends are for. We help each other.” Said Jr from behind. Warm spread all over my body when I heard that. I haven’t had anyone to watch my back for a very long time, now I do. Mark nods beside me, taking my hand and squeeze it lightly. I am grateful.

            There was a small traffic jam and Sulli ended up sleeping on Jr’s shoulder, he actually looked happy, even though he’s trying to hide it. I wonder what’s gonna happen between these two. I don’t know if I do agree with them being together, but maybe Jr is good for her. I’m not sure. I’m not good at these things. As we arrived, Sulli jolt up. She quickly went out when she found out whose shoulder she’s been leaning on and stretched herself. Mark hurried to his class, mumbling about he can’t be late for his class. Jr on the other hand walked us, more like Sulli, to class. I was already entering my class when I felt Sulli getting pulled from me. I look back, Jr is talking to her.

            “Are you sure you’re okay?” Jr asks.

            “Yes, I’m fine, oppa.” The bell rang.

            “Well, take care. Ask Jiwon to bring you to the nurse if you’re not feeling well okay?” Sulli just smiled.

            “I will oppa. Don’t worry.” Right then Jr hugged her, Sulli froze on the spot. I put a hand on my mouth to hide my big grin. I hurried to my seat as Sulli entered class with her extra wide smile today.

            “What’s with the smile ssul?” I said. “Nothing.” She said dreamily, staring outside. She didn’t even notice me teasing her. At recess, both Jr and Sulli was nowhere to be seen.  “Are they dating already?” asks Mark wide eyed. “Maybe. Maybe not.” I add suspiciously as I walk away from him. He was heading to the cafeteria.

 

            After school, Sulli accompanied me to the hospital. I went to check on my wrist, it got worse. She insisted even though I told her it wasn’t necessary, I’m pretty sure Jr asked her out today, and besides, she was still unwell. Another thing I should be grateful. Good thing is, there were no broken bones. I just twisted it, badly. Jr picked us up, which surprised me a little. Just a little.

            “Are you okay?” Jr ask as we went in the car, I was in the back of course.

            “She’s fine. No broken bones.” Said Sulli, thinking Jr was asking about me. She can’t be that clueless right?

            “How about you?” Jr ask again.

            “Oh, I’m fine too.” She answered with a smile.

            “If you still feel like it, we can still have dinner.” He said, trying to sound casual but I saw his hidden nervousness. I have never seen him like this. A nervous Jr? That must be something. “Oh yeah, sure.” Said Sulli.

            “Are you sure Ssul? Aren’t you tired?” I asks worriedly. She’s been moving all day. I saw Jr mentally slap himself. “Right, you should get some rest.” He said quickly.

            “No it’s okay, really. I would love to have dinner with you.” She insisted. I sigh softly. “You’d be home late then?” I ask her. “Not too late. I’ll send her back in time for bed.” Said Jr, I can tell he’s starting to regret.

            We arrived at my place. “Come in for a bit, I’m going to change.” Said Sulli inviting Jr in. I scoff playfully, she’s already making my home, her home. As she went in the room, Jr and I sat down. “Take good care of her. She’s having a hard time.” I told him. “What kind of trouble is she having?”

            “This and that. Just keep in mind, she’s not as easy as she seems.” Jr looked at me confusedly when Sulli came out in a pretty dress. Her hair was up, her face and skin seem to be glowing too. I nudge Jr to get up. He did, closing his jaw while he’s at it. “See ya Ssul. Stay safe you two.” I said and closed the door.

 

 

        A/N: A bit short I think. Sorry, too busy lately. I have something coming up so I won't be able to write as much as I want. I also wrote this in a hurry, need to update somehow. But, I don't think I would be updating in a week or two. I noticed that there are some small mistakes in my story, hope you'll let it slide because this is my first. I'll be more careful next time. Till next time then (: