Chapter fifteen

Remembering and Making Memories

I was fully healed after a month.

I visited Sulli’s brother when I was let out of the hospital.

“Anyeonghaseyo.” I nod to greet him. It was awkward. I wouldn’t say we’ve been through a lot together but I was there so see most of it. In his most vulnerable moment, I was there. I felt like there was an unspoken connection. But I don’t even know why I’m feeling like this.

“I wanted to say thank you, again. You’re much tougher than you look. Smarter too.” He said deciding to break the awkward silence.

“Oh, er, okay.” What was I suppose to say? You’re welcome?

“Did Sulli say much?”

“No, she has a good heart.”

“Do you know how she is?” I gave him a confused look, she has been visiting him. How can he not know how she is?

“What do mean? Hasn’t she visited you?” His turn to give me a puzzled look. He didn’t know.

“No, she hasn’t. Not even once. Not that I’m mad, I know I was wrong.” He said. Of course he wasn’t mad. He’s sad right now. The fact that he thinks Sulli doesn’t visit him means she didn’t forgive him but forgave me.

 Should I tell him? Probably not, if Sulli wants to visit her brother without him knowing it then I’m gonna let her be. I’ve done enough snooping around. Or so I thought.

After I left his ward, I waited for Sulli to come. I knew she’d come because this is always the time when she excused herself from me to visit him. Now I knew why, it was time for his rest. When no visitors were allowed to come.

And I was right. She came right in time. She even brought books to read and snacks to eat. What is this girl doing exactly? She stops mid track when she saw me. I crossed my arms, raising my eyebrow. She shrugs.

“Don’t start. I’m still thinking over it.” She said sitting down. I sat down next to her.

“He’s looking for you.” I told her.

“I know. Did you tell him about this?” I shake my head.

“Good. Don’t tell him. I’ll talk to him when I’m ready.”

“Why do have to get ready? You said it yourself, he’s your brother.”

“Jiwon, he left me with my freaking father and ended up in a freaking gang fight or whatever. He won’t tell me the whole story and still think I’m a child that doesn’t know anything. He hasn’t said that he was sorry; he’s not doing anything to get me out of my father’s reach. He’ll probably just leave again. I’m waiting for my mentality to be ready before facing him.” Said Sulli in one breath but I caught every word. I guess her brother did too when the door open behind us. We both glance up.

“I- I’m sorry Jinri-ah. I didn’t mean for this to happen.” He was out and looking straight at Sulli who was frozen on the spot.

“I didn’t know it was that hard with father. I’m sorry that you felt abandoned. I’ll be better; I’ll get you out of here. If you want to that is.” Sulli’s mouth hung dry, speechless. I don’t think she expected him to have heard her.

I sat there looking at them, wondering what will Sulli say. It was silence for a few minutes while she was thinking over it. Sulli then put down her book and stood up. Siwon expected a slap but she hugs him, securing him in a tight and sincere hug. Siwon hugs her bag, tears in his eyes.

“Better with you anywhere than here.” I heard her whisper, causing Siwon to smile. I smile with him. He saw me and thanked me with his eyes. I just nod back and left them be.

            All this ended well because Sulli is forgiving, because she is willing to get past all these. She is a good person with a good heart, and I believe she’ll stay that way for a very very long time.