Chapter Thirteen

Remembering and Making Memories

It was becoming a wild goose chase between our van and the police. I tried looking back to see if it was Larry or at least someone I know; no such luck. Donghae, the guy I decided that looks like dinosaur, got very angry with me and slap my head; ordering me to stay still. With all the hitting I got for the last few days, it felt like somebody pierce my head with a knife. So I kept still.

            It really felt like it was in the movies; people shooting here and there, cars screeching, a girl captured by the criminals. Well, it would’ve been exciting if I weren’t the girl being captured. But at least I’m not one of those little weak girls. Me, I won’t go down without a fight.

            Just as I was starting my own strategy, I felt my heart literally fell when I realize we were losing the police. Leeteuk might be a crazy driver, but he still somehow managed to shake them off. A smirk was about to form on his lips when I lounge my body forwards, making him lose control of the van and send the tyres screeching. “GRAB HER!” He screamed on top of his lungs. But I wouldn’t budge. This little thing is over; I can’t go through another day with these low-lives. I won’t. Using all the strength I had left, I grab the steering wheel from him and headed for the trees. The moment Donghae manage to balance himself and pull me back, Leeteuk couldn’t control the van anymore.

And so we crashed.

            The last thing on my head was Leeteuk’s body thrown outside, Donghae’s head bleeding like hell after it crashed with the window and the car starting to burn.  And then my world went black.

***

 

            My eyes flew open. Although I can’t see well with my right eye, feels like it’s swollen. I realized I was breathing quite heavily and then I heard a small beep beside me. I turn my head to see but stop after feeling pain when trying to turn my head. That’s when I realize that my neck was cast. I was in a hospital. A nurse came in shortly after I was awake. She looked surprised to see me awake.

            “Doctor!” I heard her say as she rushed out.

            The doctor, a lady with big spectacles and braided brown hair entered. She smiled at me as she did a quick check up.

            “How are you feeling?” she asked.

            “Dizzy.” I replied honestly.

            “That’s normal. Anything else?”

            “No. Well, at least not now.  Can you tell me what happen?”

            “Hmm, let’s see. You broke your ribs and neck. You have a deep cut above your right eye. Oh and, you’ve been in a coma for two days now.”

            “Two days??” I exclaim.

            The doctor nod. “You’re lucky. You’re the only one who survived the car crash. Got your father worried sick.”

            My eyes widen at this. Never mind that those rascals died, but my father? He’s here?

            “Get some shut eye. The sun is just about to rise. I’ll wake you up later.” She told me as she exited. Get some shut eye? How so? My father’s here. I was in a coma. The men died. I killed them. Then I remembered Sulli, and then Mark. My head is getting dizzier and dizzier. My father’s here. I closed my eyes, not really falling asleep. Just relaxing. Or trying to.    

            The doctor with the big spectacles really did woke me up a couple of hours later, this time bringing visitors. I must’ve fallen asleep somehow because I felt like I was well rested. Physically that is. Sulli flung her arms around me the moment I opened my eyes.

            “YOU LITTLE JERK! I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU!” She said between sobs. I know she’s trying hard not to hug me to tight but she still is hugging me too tight.

            “Ssul…” I tried.

            “Oh, sorry!” She said, wiping her wet cheek. “You just scared the hell out of me! Out of BOTH of us!” she said –almost shouting- pointing at her and Mark who was standing in front of the bed. He has that look that says I have a lot of explaining to do. I gulp, but found my throat dry. Mark saw this and gave me a glass of water.

            “Thanks.” I muttered.

            “I.. I guess I have a lot of explaining to do?” I said slowly and carefully. At this Sulli’s face change but then I can see her shrugging it off.

            “It’s okay. Your father explained already. I.. well, I know I should be angry or feel betrayed. But I’m not. I’m still grateful Jiwon-ah. You saved me, you saved my brother. You were there for me. How can I be angry?” she told me, looking as if she’s going to cry again. She controlled herself. “Besides,” she adds, “I am not that dramatic!” she laughs. I laugh with her.

            “I gotta go. I’ll see you later. I have to go visit my brother, plus Mark there is shooing me with his eyes.” She said, feeling a lot better now and left after another ‘soft’ hug.

            The room of course fell silent the moment she left.

            “I’m sorry.” I said, breaking the silence. “For not telling you, for technically lying to you, I don’t know. For everything. I’m grateful for the help, and you are a very very  good friend-” At the word friend he kissed me, more like a peck on the lips, but it still left me frozen. He actually kissed me. Or peck me, whatever.

            I look at him with my eyes wide.

            “Stop friend zoning me Jade, you know I still like you. Question is, do you still like me?”

            I smiled. The idiot still asks. Wasn’t it obvious? I know I’ve been avoiding the feelings. The fluttering in my stomach. Ignoring my growing feelings. But I’m sure now, it was crystal clear.

            I lean towards him and ‘peck’ him back. He smiled through the kiss. We broke apart almost immediately as we heard footsteps coming.

            It was the doctor and she told us that it was time for me to eat my meds and get some rest. I wanted to argue that I have enough rest but knew she was right as I felt my body sagged a bit. Mark smiled and kissed my forehead before telling me to rest well and that he’ll be back tonight.

 

 

 

                A/N: Double update! Haha. Yeah. If you think I'm rushing, then you're half right. Keke. Because I'm kinda sort of am rushing, just a bit. Tell me if you want more details or something. I'm kinda avoiding to write more drama, like Sulli and Mark getting mad. And small things like JB's girlfriend, Changmin and Vic's relationship. Those kind of things. If you want me to elaborate those stuff, just comment. That's all. Thanks if you're still sticking by.