Chapter eleven

Remembering and Making Memories

            My head hurts. Why does why head hurts? I began to slowly open my eyes. It was dark, I can barely see. It doesn’t help when my head is dizzy and I can’t think.

            Think. Think. Think. Oh. Oh. Leeteuk! That son of a gun! Where am I?  Getting to my senses, I inspected myself. My hands and legs are tied and I was lying on the floor. No wonder I was so uncomfortable. And damn does my wrist hurts. How long was I out? Rather than feeling scared, I was feeling anger. Anger boiling inside me. I don’t like getting tied up like this by a guy that has acted so damn nice to me. A guy who’s apartment I’m living in. He’s gonna pay for tricking me like this. How, now that’s the question.

            I force myself into a sitting position. Now that I can think more clearly, I can also see more clearly. The dizziness is beginning to fade too. I look around me, I was in a room. A small dusty and really dark room. Nothing is here except for a window and of course a door right in front of me. Or so I thought.

            I was just in the midst of trying to stand up when I heard footsteps and voices getting louder and louder. I strain my ears to listen to their conversations.

            “How is she?” That was the son of the gun, Leeteuk.

            “She’s fine.” Fine my . “She’s supposed to be awake by now.”

            “Have you contacted her father?”

            “We can’t get in touch. But we contacted Larry, the one who’s in charge.”

            “Good. How about the guy?”

Guy? Is Siwon here too? Just then there was a soft cough at the other corner. My eyes widen as I try to see who it was.

“Who’s there?” I ask.

“Who are you?” I recognize the voice as Siwon’s. But I still can’t see him. He was so far in the corner, covered by the darkness.

“It’s me, Kim Ji Won.” I said my name clearly. “Are you Sulli’s brother, Siwon?” I ask again after hesitating.

Before he got a chance to answer, the footsteps stopped in front of our door. The door unlocked and the two men entered. The moment I saw Leeteuk I glared at him with all my might.

“Hey there sunshine.” Leeteuk said smirking. I hate him already. “Get the guy Sungmin, we need more answers from him. Maybe he’ll talk now.” He ordered the man standing beside him. I wonder if he’s the leader here, ordering people around and all.

Sungmin practically had to drag Siwon out of his corner. When he finally got him standing and walking, I couldn’t help but let out a gasp. Siwon’s hand was tied but his legs aren’t. He wouldn’t be able to run as fast anyway because he looked so beaten up. His right eye was swollen, he has a deep cut above his left eyebrow, his mouth is bleeding and so is his nose. It was a scary sight. “Faster traitor!” Sungmin shouted into Siwon’s ears, I was the one who flinched. Siwon was limping; I’m guessing that his left leg is injured.

I wanted to help him so bad. Nevermind how cold he was to me. It’s clear that he’s a victim to this too. And I made a promised to myself that I’d help Sulli. I stood up, but fell down again almost immediately. I forgot, my legs were tied too. Leeteuk snickered at my attempt to stand up, I glared at him.

“You’re not going anywhere sweetheart.” I loathed hearing his voice. This is a total change of character from the Leeteuk I know. He threw a bottle which landed near my feet. “Drink up.” He said with an evil smirk before closing the door and once again leaving me in the dark.

I eyed the bottle, thinking whether to drink it or not. It might be poison, it might not even be water. But damn was I thirsty. I moved my feet, bringing the bottle closer to me. When my hands can finally reach it, I struggle to open the lid. I sniff the contents of the bottle, smells like water to me. I sigh, still debating whether to drink it or not. The dryness in my throat was getting worse, why am I this thirsty? I decided to wait.

After on whole minute, I couldn’t stand it anymore. At first I took a sip, but it barely wetted my lips. I took a gulp and waited for something to happen. After a while I decided maybe it is safe to drink the water. I drank until the bottle was half empty, saving some for later.

I need to think of a way out, even though it does seem impossible. I didn’t even know where I am. I bit the rope that was tying my hands, trying as hard as possible to free myself. My wrist hurts like hell but that’s the least of my problems right now. After an hour of it, I was almost free. I lean on the wall behind me, exhausted.  I wonder how Siwon was doing. It looked like they were torturing him to get answers.

Now I was thinking about Sulli, and Mark too. I don’t know how long I was gone, but it’s dark now. Surely they know something is wrong? Did Larry get my text? I’m sure that’ll lead him somewhere. He knows I’m with Leeteuk. He’ll be able to find me, right? Am I really gonna die in here? Tears were forming, threatening to fall out. And all of this because of one stupid mission I decided to take for my father. My father… how was he doing? Now that I’m here, I regretted being so cold and distant from him. Well, I was distant with everyone. I hope he knows I love him, no matter what. I should’ve understand him more. A tear fell. I’m finally feeling scared.

Suddenly there were footsteps coming again. My face shot up and I quickly wipe my tears away, hoping they wouldn’t notice anything. But when the door opened, I only saw Siwon getting pushed to the ground and the door slammed shut. I let out another gasp. He was worse than before.

“Siwon-sshi? Are… are you okay?” I mentally slap myself, of course he’s not okay. What was I thinking? That’s right, I wasn’t thinking. I shook my head. Siwon didn’t answer me. I can tell he was trying to show that he wasn’t in pain but the groans he’s making made me think otherwise. He tried going back to his corner but failed. So here he was, beside the door, leaning on the wall in front of me.

“Water..” Wait, did he say water? Right! I had a bottle with me. Why didn’t I think of that? Gosh.

“Ah, nde. Just er, just wait a second, I’m almost done with the ropes.” I told him and quickly started to bite on the rope again. I must look weird biting the rope in front of him like a dog. After about fifteen minutes, my hands were free. I grab the bottle and scoot over in front of him.

“It’s er… I don’t know if it’s safe but I already drank half of it.” I told him. He said nothing. I quickly opened the lid and hand him the bottle. But he can barely hold it properly. “Should I, er…” I wanted to help, but it’s… awkward. But I still did anyway. I put the bottle to his lips and help with. He looked better after drinking, or maybe it was just me. After he finished drinking I closed the lid awkwardly in front of him. “I’ll just go back over there.” I mumbled more to myself and scoot back to where I was before. Silence fills the room. A both very awkward and creepy silence. I kept myself busy by trying to free my legs, it was easier this time because I could use my hands. After my legs were free too, I have no other way to keep myself busy so I kept fiddling with my fingers.

“Can you stop that? It’s bugging me.” Siwon said suddenly, causing me to stop. At least he’s feeling better now that he can talk. Even though if he’s still mean.

“I don’t know what else to do okay.” I said and decided to tie back my hair. It was silent again. “Er, do you perhaps know how long I’ve been out?” I ask him curiously.

“A day. “ he answered. I didn’t think he’d answer me because he was silent for so long. “Thanks.” He said suddenly. “And I’m also sorry.” He said again. Now that surprised me. He might thank me for the water. But why would he be sorry?

“Why? I mean, what for?” I ask.

“You know,” no I don’t know, that’s why I asked, I almost told him. “For helping Jinri. I checked and found out you were living with Leeteuk so I thought you were a spy. Even it seems unlikely. He never uses young girls.”

“Oh.” Was all I said.

“And I’m sorry because I doubted you. I guess she finally found a real friend.” That hit me. I’ve been lying to Sulli, how could I be her ‘real’ friend?

“I’m not sure about that. I’ve been lying to her.” Siwon looked at me, sincerely confused. So I explained. Skipping the whole father and daughter thing. Just enough to tell him why I’m here in the first place.

“But I really do like being friends with her.” I told him honestly.

“Yeah, well, you can tell her all that yourself.” Silence followed suit after that. I was beginning to feel sleepy. So I got down on the floor and curled down like a ball with my back in front of Siwon and tried to go to sleep.

 

 

 

 

        A/N: It's a little longer than the previous chapter right? I hope it's better too. Thanks for stopping by!