Scattered Memories: Part 7

Scattered Memories

The sight Doojoon was met with broke his heart. Sitting with his legs crisscrossed on the deck floor was Yoseob. He was sniffing and breathing in an uncontrolled manner; as if he had been crying just moments before. Without wasting anytime, Doojoon walked over and sat next to the younger boy. He put his arm around Yoseob and pulled him close.

 

“Hey,” Doojoon whispered gently; wiping a drying tear off of Yoseob’s cheek with his thumb, “what’s wrong? Why’re you out here by yourself crying?”

 

Yoseob was cold, and his breath shuddered as he pressed up against Doojoon for warmth. He had words in his throat and questions on his tongue, but he couldn’t get them out to form any sort of reply. The only sounds he managed to make were sniffs and whines of left over sobs.

 

Seeing as Yoseob would take a while to calm down and talk, Doojoon tightened his hug around the younger boy. And for a moment, the two boys just sat there on the deck – Doojoon comforting Yoseob with warm hugs.

 

Once Yoseob’s breathing had finally steadied, Doojoon pressed his cheek to the top of the brunet’s head and asked in a gentle voice, “Do you mind telling me what’s worrying you now?”

 

Yoseob took in a breath before answering in a quiet voice, “Am I . . . am I holding the group back?”

 

Doojoon sat up straight, his eyes wide with surprise. “Holding us back? Of course not! Wherever did you get that idea?? Have you been reading hate mail?”

 

Yoseob focused his eyes on the deck floor, “No . . . I just thought that . . . maybe I was . . . because of my amnesia and all. I mean, we’ve had to stall our album again and start over with learning the choreography and everything from the beginning, when we could’ve been preparing for album promotion tours now if I hadn’t lost my memory.” Yoseob took a chance and looked up at Doojoon, “Wouldn’t that be considered holding us back?”

 

Doojoon shook his head before giving Yoseob meaningful look, a look that triggered something in the back of Yoseob’s mind. “No, definitely not,” he answered, “I would call it a highly unexpected and worrisome delay. I mean really Yoseob, it’s not your fault that we got in a car crash; it’s not your fault that you got a concussion; and it’s certainly not your fault that you got amnesia either. It’s just the way things happened to turn out. Nobody can help it. Besides, tour schedules are easy to change.”

 

“But—”

 

“No buts,” the leader interrupted, lifting a finger. “It’s not your fault. And whatever else you’re thinking about right now, forget about it. Make it disappear from your mind.”

 

After hearing those last few sentences Yoseob felt that trigger in his mind again, only this time it was stronger.

 

Doojoon placed his hands on Yoseob’s shoulders as he continued talking. “It’s not true. You aren’t holding any of us back. In fact, I think you’re giving us a well deserved break. Just because you have amnesia, that doesn’t mean we don’t care about you. Sure you may not remember everything, but you’re still Yang Yoseob – BEAST’s main vocalist, our brother,” Doojoon smiled and cupped the side of Yoseob’s face with his hand, “my perfect Seobie.” He looked at Yoseob with so much warmth that his eyes sparkled, and Yoseob couldn’t help but notice that there were also many other emotions behind those sparkling eyes, although he couldn’t put a name to them.

 

Then it clicked.

 

“His eyes!” Yoseob gasped, “Doojoon is the man from my dream!” He glanced to his left at the view from where he was sitting on the deck. The sun was setting on the horizon, creating an orangey-pink hue in the sky.

 

Time seemed to slow down as he made the connections. Everything from his dream was there. The eyes. The man. Even the sunset was there.

 

 

Suddenly Yoseob made a startling realization. “Wait! If he’s from my dream, and if everything that’s going on is happening again, does that mean Doojoon’s going to . . .?!”

 

Time began to move at its usual speed again, and the leader of BEAST was still talking.  “We can afford to loose some promotion time; what we can’t afford to loose is you.”

 

And just like in Yoseob’s dream, Doojoon’s face came closer to Yoseob’s and their lips touched as the sunset burned behind them.

 

-xXx-

 

 “Yoseob! Breakfast!” Junhyung called from the kitchen as he poured cereal into a bowl. When he didn’t get an answer he called again, “Yoseob!”

 

Still no reply.

 

Sighing, the rapper put down the cereal box and walked into the bedroom. Junhyung stood in the doorway and looked up at Yoseob’s bed. A bed which contained what looked to be a pile of blankets. But Junhyung knew that a certain ex-blonde was hiding underneath that pile. “Yoseob, it’s time for breakfast,” Junhyung said.

 

The piles of blankets shifted, but the rapper was met with silence.

 

“That kid…” Junhyung muttered under his breath. He then rolled his eyes and said, “Fine, be that way. But if you get hungry don’t blame me.” And with that he left the bedroom.

 

Once Yoseob was sure the older boy had left the room, he let out a despondent sigh as he lay underneath the blankets. It wasn’t that Yoseob didn’t feel like eating – he did. But he didn’t think he could go out and face him just yet. Especially after what had happened last night…

 

When Doojoon had kissed him Yoseob had freaked out. He parted from the older boy, burst inside the dorm, ran into the bedroom and leapt into his bed – not even bothering to change his clothes – and there he stayed all night. He didn’t mean to worry his bandmates, (they tried to talk to him, but he never said a word back) but he couldn’t help it. He was scared. While Doojoon was kissing him Yoseob experienced the weirdest feeling ever; it was like his heart was going to explode from his chest, and all of the nerves in his body were tingly, as if they were on fire. He’d never felt like that before and it shocked him.

 

Yoseob closed his eyes and put a hand on the left side of his chest. Just thinking about last night made his heart beat in that unfamiliar way. He wasn’t sure if he liked this feeling or not. So until he could figure what this weird feeling meant, he wanted to stay away from Doojoon. Yoseob didn’t think that being around him would make the situation any better.

 

“I wonder if this is a side-effect from loosing my memory,” he thought before curling up and falling back asleep.

 

-xXx-

 

As Junhyung sat down on the kitchen counter with his bowl of cereal, Doojoon exited the bathroom. Junhyung turned his head and gave the older boy a smirk, “You’re finally out. I was beginning to worry if you’d fallen in the toilet or fainted in the shower or something.” 

 

Doojoon rolled his eyes and shook his head. “Whatever Jun,” the leader said as he entered the kitchen. After grabbing a spoon, he took a bowl from the cupboard and poured himself a bowl of cereal.

 

“Before you come and sit over here, can you get me a can of Coke?” Junhyung asked from where he was sitting on the counter.

 

“Coke? At breakfast?” Doojoon looked at Junhyung with a surprised expression.

 

The younger boy shrugged, “Yeah, why not?”

 

“Because it’s unhealthy,” Doojoon answered while opening the fridge. He pulled out a jug of orange juice instead of the soda Junhyung had requested. “You should drink juice instead. It’s better for you.” He grabbed two glasses from the cabinet and poured orange juice into both of them. “With all the nagging you did to Dongwoon this morning about eating a healthy breakfast I thought you would know all this,” he laughed lightly. 

 

“I do know all of that,” Junhyung responded, “I’m just…” he trailed off, trying to find a word.

 

“A hypocrite?” Doojoon suggested as he handed the rapper a glass of juice.

 

Junhyung glared, “I am not.” He took the glass and set it next him on the counter.

 

Doojoon laughed while he stood next to Junhyung and leaned against the counter; cereal bowl in hand. “Anyways, speaking about Dongwoon, I wonder how he and Kikwang are doing on their schedules. I hope they aren’t giving Hyunseung any too much trouble.”

 

Junhyung swallowed the bite of cereal he was chewing. “I’m sure he’s fine. Besides, Jiyong-hyung is with them. So even if those two do get into trouble, he’s there to sort things out.” He paused to take a drink of his orange juice. “You shouldn’t be worrying about them anyways. Who you should be worried about is that kid in the bedroom.” Junhyung pointed his milk covered spoon in the direction of the bedroom. “You two need to work out whatever’s going on. And you’re going to have to go to him; he’s not going to come to you. You know how he is.”

 

Doojoon sighed as he scooped up a spoonful of cereal. “Yeah, I know…But what if he won’t talk to me? What if he’s totally freaked out and thinks I’m totally crazy for kissing him? What if . . .” his eyes widened, “What if he’s straight?!”

 

Junhyung put down his cereal bow (which was now only filled with milk) and smacked the older boy on the back of his head with his hand. “Stop it! You’re overreacting. That’s not true.”

 

Doojoon set his bowl down as well (his bowl was still filled with cereal). “How do you know? Maybe I just scarred Yoseobie for life because he’s straight! If he gets even more mentally damaged it’s gonna be all my fault!”

 

Junhyung smacked Doojoon again (“Ow!”), “Seriously, get a grip on yourself. Just because Yoseob lost his memory, does not mean he’s changed his uality. I mean really, that boy is as straight as paper clip.”

 

Rubbing the back of his head with his hand, Doojoon sighed, “Okay. You’re right. I’m sorry. But what am I gonna do?” He reached for his glass of orange juice.  

 

“Confess to him of course,” Junhyung answered as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. He picked up his glass and took a drink. “You’ve already kissed him, so of course you have to tell him how you feel now. Besides, you’ve confessed once before; the second time should be easier.”

 

“But what if—”

 

“No ‘buts’ or ‘what ifs’. We’ve already dealt with that. You’re going to tell him.” Junhyung said sternly; giving Doojoon a firm look.

 

“Or what?” Doojoon challenged the younger boy.

 

“Or…or I’ll post pics of you sleeping with Yoseob on the fan café,” Junhyung smirked evilly.

 

Doojoon scoffed, “Pfft, you’re bluffing. You don’t have pics of Yoseob and me sleeping together.”

 

The rapper, still smirking, pulled out his phone from his pants’ pocket and began to click around, “You wanna bet?”

 

The leader opened his mouth to say something when Junhyung shoved his phone in his face.

 

It wasn’t a bluff. There, on the screen of Junhyung’s phone, was a picture of Doojoon sleeping with his arms wrapped around Yoseob.

 

“What the?” Doojoon reached out to grab the phone from the younger boy’s hands, but Junhyung quickly pulled the device away. “When the heck did you take that?!”

 

Junhyung grinned, “It’s a secret.”

 

Doojoon shook his spiky haired head, “Resorting to blackmail…now that’s seriously evil.”

 

The rapper chuckled, “Hey, I’m not called the Joker for nothing. So,” he got off of the counter and picked up his bowl and now-empty glass, “how’re you gonna confess?”

 

Doojoon sighed as he picked up his bowl to finish his now-soggy cereal, “I should’ve taken those pics of you and Seung…” he muttered, stuffing a bite of cereal into his mouth.

 

Junhyung placed his dishes in the sink, but turned his head when he heard Doojoon making muttering noises. “What was that?”

 

“Nothing~” the leader said innocently before stuffing his mouth full of cereal.

 

-xXx-

 

“Yoseob!” Junhyung called to the younger boy as he stood at the foot of bunk bed ladder. “Come down and eat! I let you skip breakfast but you are not skipping lunch. I’m not going to let you starve yourself.”

 

It was silent, save for Yoseob shifting underneath his pile of blankets, and Junhyung thought the vocalist wouldn’t answer him like last time. So the rapper was surprised when he heard a muffled voice.

 

“What did you say Yoseob?” Junhyung asked, taking a step closer to the ladder.

 

“I said: I can’t,” Yoseob replied. His voice stifled from the blankets covering him.

 

“You can’t?” Junhyung repeated; confused. “What do you mean you can’t? You can’t eat?”

 

“No, I can’t go out there,” Yoseob answered.

 

Even though Junhyung knew he couldn’t see him, he shot the blanket-encased vocalist a confused look, “Why not?”

 

“Because Doojoon’s out there.”

 

Junhyung was now even more confused, “So?”

 

“I can’t be around him,” the vocalist answered.

 

“Why can’t you?” the rapper asked as he began to climb up to the bunk bed next to Yoseob’s – Doojoon’s bed.

 

“’Cause . . . ‘cause I think I’m allergic to him.”

 

Junhyung suppressed a laugh as he settled himself down on Doojoon’s bunk. “You can’t be allergic to human being Seob.”

 

“Why not?”

 

The older boy couldn’t see Yoseob, but based off the tone of his voice, Junhyung could tell he was pouting.

 

“Because it’s impossible,” Junhyung replied; looking at the lump of blankets that Yoseob was beneath.

 

“Well, then maybe I’m an exception, ‘cause I am,” was Yoseob’s retort.

 

Junhyung sighed inwardly; trying to talk sense into the younger boy clearly wasn’t getting anywhere. So he changed tactics and decided to play along with Yoseob’s supposed allergy to Doojoon. As he did so, Junhyung realized that if somebody walked into the bedroom right now, they would think the rapper was crazy. He was talking to a pile of blankets about being allergic to a human being. Now that’s something you don’t see too often in dramas.

 

Shaking his head, Junhyung focused back into reality. “Okay Seob, why do you think you’re allergic to Doojoon-hyung?” he asked.

 

“’Cause I always feel funny when I’m around him,” Yoseob answered.

 

“Funny? What do you mean by funny?” Junhyung lifted an eyebrow.

 

The lump of blankets shifted, as if trying to get into a more comfortable position, before Yoseob’s voice made its way to Junhyung’s ears, “It’s like . . . My chest feels all tight and it’s like I can’t breathe. And whenever he looks at me I feel hot and nervous.”

 

“I see . . .” the rapper nodded his head in an understanding way. “Well, I have good news,” he moved into a kneeling position.

 

“What is it?”

 

“You’re not allergic to Doojoon,” the rapper concluded.

 

“Then . . . what am I?”

 

“If you’ll come out from underneath the blankets I’ll tell you,” Junhyung replied cheekily.

 

The blankets moved, and Yoseob’s face poked out from underneath the layers of fabric.

 

Junhyung shook his head, “All the way Seob.”

 

Yoseob sighed, and reluctantly sat up; pushing the blankets away as he did so.

 

“That’s better,” Junhyung smiled, glad to finally see the face of the person he was talking to. “Now, give me you hand.” He reached out for Yoseob to put his hand in the older boy’s.

 

“What?” Now it was Yoseob’s turn to be confused.

 

“You want to know what’s wrong with you right?”

 

“Yeah. . .” Yoseob replied slowly; a puzzled look displayed on his face. He didn’t see how giving Junhyung his hand would give him get the answer to his problem with Doojoon. What was the rapper gonna do anyways? Palm read his hand?

 

“Then give me your hand,” Junhyung insisted; moving his outstretched hand impatiently.

 

Slowly, Yoseob put out his hand and placed it in Junhyung’s.

 

Once doing so, the rapper grinned, “There; that wasn’t too hard, was it?” and clasped his hand with Yoseob’s.  Before Yoseob could say anything, Junhyung led the younger boy off of the bunk bed and out of the bedroom.

 

It took a few moments, but Yoseob eventually realized that something wasn’t right. “Wait! What’re you doing? Why are we going towards the kitchen?! I thought you were going to tell me what was wrong!”

 

Even though Yoseob resisted, and tried to pull away from the older boy’s grip, Junhyung continued to drag Yoseob towards the kitchen. “I am,” he replied with a smirk. “After we eat lunch.”

 

Yoseob stopped struggling and opened his mouth in disbelief, “You tricked me!”

 

Still smirking, Junhyung said, “Yes, I suppose I did.”

 

Frowning, Yoseob muttered, “You’re seriously evil.”

 

Junhyung chuckled, “I seem to be quite the villain lately haven’t I?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Oh nothing~”

 

-xXx-

 

“Omo~ Junhyung-hyung was right! You do have a crush on Doojoonie!” Kikwang squealed.

 

It was now 8:28 PM. Exactly five hours and fifteen minutes have past since Junhyung told Yoseob that he had a crush on Doojoon. Luckily for Yoseob, Doojoon didn’t spend too much time around the main vocalist – he seemed keep himself busy by memorizing his lines for the sitcom he was in.

 

Kikwang and Dongwoon had finally come back to the dorm about an hour ago with Hyunseung, having completed their schedules for the day. The two maknaes of the group were now sitting with Yoseob on Dongwoon’s bunk bed, discussing the day’s events.

 

“You should totally confess!!” Kikwang, who was sitting on Yoseob’s right, said, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

 

Yoseob gasped, “WHAT?! No!” 

 

“Why not?” Dongwoon asked, as he shifted his position on Yoseob’s left. “You have a zero percent chance of getting rejected since he’s already kissed you,” he smirked, causing Yoseob to blush.

 

“Yeah, but. . .”

 

“But what?”

 

“Would…would I have liked him before the car crash?” Yoseob asked shyly.

 

“Definitely,” Kikwang answered quickly with no hesitation.

 

“You sure sound confident.”

 

“Because I am confident,” Kikwang answered with a smile. “Even before the car accident you had a huge crush on Doojoonie-hyung. And, actually, now that I think about it, Doojoon seemed to really like you too”

 

Dongwoon nodded in agreement, “It’s true. You two were practically a couple. Heck, I wouldn’t have been surprised if you two really were together but just never told us.”

 

“You two were very handsy on and off stage,” Kikwang smirked with a wink and a giggle.

 

“Doojoonie was also, and still is, extremely bias towards you,” Dongwoon added.

 

Yoseob opened his mouth to say something when a knock sounded from the door. All three of them turned their heads.

 

It was Doojoon. He had opened the door and was standing in the doorway.

 

“Well speak of the devil,” Kikwang said.

 

“Hi,” Doojoon waved from the doorway. “Am I interrupting anything?”

 

Yoseob wasn’t sure what to say. Luckily Dongwoon did.

 

“Nope, not at all!” the maknae grinned.

 

“Great. Yoseob are you busy?” the leader asked, looking up at the vocalist.

 

Yoseob glanced at Kikwang and Dongwoon sitting on either side of him. The two of them were trying to shake their heads without Doojoon noticing; making sure that Yoseob wouldn’t make a stupid decision. “Um, no, not really,” he answered.

 

Doojoon’s face lit up with happiness, “Perfect! Grab a jacket; we’re going out.”

 

Kikwang and Dongwoon exchanged curious looks as Yoseob stared at Doojoon confusion. The leader just kept smiling in response.

 

-xXx-

 

“Doo . . . joon,” Yoseob panted as he gripped the stair well railing, “wait up!”

 

The leader of BEAST had been leading Yoseob and himself up multiple flights of stairs for awhile now, and Yoseob was getting pretty tired.

 

Doojoon stopped his ascent and turned around to reach out his hand. Yoseob gratefully took Doojoon’s hand and the leader helped the younger boy up. “It’s a bit of a climb huh?” Doojoon smiled.

 

 “A bit?” Yoseob shook his head in disbelief, they had to have climbed at least 100 steps. He really envied Doojoon’s athletic ability. But putting the thought aside he asked, “Why couldn’t we have taken the elevator?”

 

“’Cause the elevator doesn’t go this far up,” Doojoon replied simply.

 

Yoseob gave Doojoon a perplexed look, “So where’re we going anyways?”

 

Doojoon winked, causing Yoseob’s heart to flutter, “It’s a surprise. Besides we’re almost there. Now c’mon!” Still holding Yoseob’s hand the older boy led them up another flight of stairs.

 

Once the pair finally reached the top, they were net with a gray metal door. Doojoon grinned as he stepped up to the door and took a hold of the door handle, “Here we are!”

 

Doojoon turned the handle, and opened the huge door. They stepped through, and what they were met with left Yoseob practically speechless. He was practically speechless because the smaller boy kept saying, “Woahhhhh~!”

 

Almighty Yoon leader had led Yoseob to the apartment rooftop that their dorm was in. And because it was night time, all the stars were out, glittering in the sky. Being at the height they were, it also gave the two of them a beautiful night view of Seoul’s skyline.

 

Yoseob walked over to the side of the rooftop and leaned against the metal bar railing that lined the edges. With his eyes and mouth wide open in awe, Yoseob swiveled his head around and swept his gaze over the sky, taking in the entire view.

 

The sight was breath taking. But even so, there was something – a feeling – that bugged him in the back of his head and distracted him from totally loosing himself in the stunning sights.

 

Still standing by the door, Doojoon smiled as he watched Yoseob look around with wonder. The amazed/curious look that was plastered on the younger boy’s face was extremely cute and Doojoon couldn’t stop the warm fuzzy feelings from surging through his body. He sighed, “What in the world did I do to deserve such an adorable boy in my life?” While he thought this, Doojoon made his way over to Yoseob and stood next to the vocalist by the railing. He was careful not to look down. “Do you like it?” the leader asked, turning to Yoseob with a smile.

 

Yoseob shifted his gaze to Doojoon, “Like it? I love it! This place is amazing~! Why haven’t you brought me up here before??”

 

“I have,” Doojoon answered, “But you probably don’t remember.”

 

“Oh . . .” Yoseob looked down at the ground tens of feet below him and broke his gaze with Doojoon. Maybe that was the reason for that odd feeling in the back of his head.

 

Doojoon smiled, “It’s okay if you don’t remember.” He put his arm around Yoseob.

 

An image flashed in Yoseob’s mind. He saw a pink blanket and stars. The smell of cologne.

 

“That’s not why I brought you up here,” Doojoon continued to speak.

 

“Then . . . why did you?” Yoseob tilted his head in confusion, his brown eyes wide and reflecting the city lights. He did this in an attempt to cover up his nervousness. Yoseob really hated knowing he had a crush on Doojoon; his heart was beating so wildly right then.

 

The shorter boy looked so adorable that Doojoon almost forgot to answer. “I…I wanted to apologize. For yesterday.” Doojoon brought Yoseob into a hug, causing the younger take in a sharp breath and to get another memory flash. This one was blurrier, and he only saw colors, but he heard a voice. And as quickly as it came it was gone.  

 

“I’m sorry if I freaked you out or something,” Doojoon was saying when Yoseob came back to reality. “I – I don’t know what I was thinking.” Suddenly, Junhyung’s words invaded Doojoon’s thoughts. ‘If you don’g confess to Yoseob, I’m going to post those pics on the fan café.’ Not wanting to test Junhyung’s threat, Doojoon quickly changed what he was saying,“A-actually, I do know what I was thinking. Yoseob, I…I have something to tell you.”

 

When Doojoon moved Yoseob’s head to face him, the vocalist’s eyes were closed. An invasion of memories had taken over Yoseob’s mind and was giving the younger boy a head ache. Yoseob put a hand to his temple and rubbed it, trying to ease the pounding in his head as his brain tried to register all the memories that were trying to be remembered.

 

Alarms went off in Doojoon’s head.  “Yoseob! Yoseob are you okay??” he cried out worriedly; his eyes were wide with panic as he held Yoseob close to his chest. The usually calm leader was now seriously freaking out; he’d never felt so lost in what to do before.

 

Yoseob shook his head, “N…no. H…head ache…” The words barely made it out of the vocalist’s mouth before he fell limp in Doojoon’s arms.

 

“Yoseob!”

-xXx-

A/N: If people are still reading this fic I thank you deeply from the bottom of my heart~ <333

I'm soooo sorry that I haven't updated in like forever. But I ran into some technical difficulties while writing this. So it took longer than usual to write this chapter. You can read about it here at my LiveJournal.

And you know how I told you guys that this chapter would be the last one. Well, I lied. Lol, just kidding. But I changed my mind about the ending so the next chapter will be the last one. ^^

Hopefully this chapter will last you until I can finish up the last part. I won't be able to update until after March because I have a whole bunch of stuff going on in March... Sigh...

Anyways, thank you everybody for reading~!!! *gives cookies and hugs to everybody*