Scattered Memories: Part 6

Scattered Memories

It was about 10:30 PM and all six members of BEAST were in the dance studio. They had just finished practicing a part of the new choreography. Yoseob, even though he had forgotten the moves, re-learned them fairly quickly and practice went along smoothly. The tired boys were now taking a break.
 

Doojoon was watching Yoseob and Kikwang from where he was sitting across the room.  Kikwang told a joke and they both began to crack up. The joke Kikwang had told was probably about Junhyung, because, as the two boys laughed, the said male – who was standing only a few meters away – yelled something at them in an annoyed voice. But it only made the two laugh harder, causing Junhyung to walk away with a huff.  

 

Doojoon loved it when Yoseob laughed. His bubbly laughter was like candy to his ears. And if Yoseob’s laughter was a drug, then Doojoon would be an addict. He couldn’t live a day without it; he would do anything to hear that laugh – to see that smile. God, his smile. If anything could make Doojoon’s heart melt, it was Yoseob’s smile. The way his lips stretched out and parted to show pearly white teeth, then curved upward toward his sparkling eyes and created dimples on his cheeks; it always made Doojoon’s heart flutter. 

 

He sighed dreamily then took a sip from his water bottle. The leader was so absorbed in his thoughts that he didn’t notice Junhyung come over and sit down next to him.

 

“So, have you told him?”

 

“Huh – what?” Doojoon blinked as he came out of his trance. “Oh, hi Junhyung.”

 

The rapper rolled his eyes at his leader’s spacy-ness. “You’re so obvious. I’m surprised he hasn’t found out already.”

 

Doojoon frowned, “What?”

 

Junhyung shook his head, “Nothing.” He took a swig from his Gatorade and wiped his forehead with the back of his hand. “So, have you told him?” he repeated.

 

“Told who what?”

 

Junhyung gave Doojoon a look, “Don’t play stupid. You know exactly who and what I’m talking about.”

 

Doojoon sighed then shook his head, Junhyung wasn’t as easy to deter as Dongwoon or Kikwang. “No, I haven’t. I was going to, but…something always keeps me from telling him.”

 

Junhyung took another gulp of Gatorade before saying, “Well you better say something soon. I think he and Seungie are getting pretty close.” He pointed a finger towards the other side of the room where the other members were. Hyunseung, although sweaty and looking quite tired, was giving Yoseob, who was giggling gleefully, a piggy-back ride, as Dongwoon and Kikwang were singing random 2PM songs.

 

The older boy shook his head, “Nah, I don’t think so. Hyunseung is just a naturally friendly person.” Junhyung was trying to make Doojoon jealous, but obviously it wasn’t working. “Besides,” Doojoon continued, “I don’t think Seung would go for Yoseob since he has that crush on you.”

 

Junhyung coughed up the Gatorade he was just drinking, “What?!”

 

Doojoon gasped, “Oh . Did I just say that out loud?” He sighed, “Oh, well. You probably would’ve found out eventually. But, please don’t tell him I told you. He’ll be so pissed at me.”

 

Junhyung coughed a bit more as Doojoon pat his back before saying, “No, that’s fine. I was just…surprised.”

 

“Sorry I said that. I hope you’re not weirded out or anything.” He stopped patting Junhyung’s back, “You sure you’re okay?”

 

“Yeah, I’m good. Don’t apologize. It’s fine – really. I’m actually kind of glad you told me,” the rapper smiled, hoping to calm his friend’s worries. He glanced at Hyunseung with a fond look in his eyes. “I’m, uh, gonna go to the bathroom.” Junhyung stood up, then smirked at Doojoon, “But I’m serious about you telling him soon. The sooner, the better; trust me, you’ll both feel better afterwards.” With that, the younger boy picked up his Gatorade bottle and walked away; leaving Doojoon to think about what he’d just said.

 

-xXx-

 

Yoseob is out on the balcony. It’s evening, and the sun is beginning to set. Suddenly he’s not alone. Another man is out on the balcony with him, but his vision is blurry, and he can’t tell who this other person is. The man takes his hand and brings it to Yoseob’s face. Yoseob, for some odd reason doesn’t feel the least bit frightened, instead, he feels…comforted. The unknown man looks Yoseob straight in his eyes, and Yoseob can finally see the his eyes, they’re dark brown filled with warm emotion, but no other facial features appear. They look exactly like the pair of eyes that have been appearing in his memories lately.

 

Before Yoseob can think too much more, the man leans forward and…kisses him? Yoseob is shocked and doesn’t move. When they part, the blurry man says, “Yoseob…Yoseob… wake up…!”

 

“Yoseob. Yoseob! Wake up!” Doojoon whispered, as he gently nudged the vocalist awake. “We’re back at the dorm.”

 

The brunet muttered something about not being able to finish his dream and rubbed his eyes before letting out a yawn. He took a quick glance around. He was still in the van sitting next to Doojoon who was now telling him to get up. He must’ve fallen asleep on the way home from the dance studio.

 

“C’mon, we only have a few hours of free time before we have to get up for our schedules tomorrow. So get out of the car,” Doojoon commanded, “before I drag you out myself. Everybody’s waiting for us.”

 

“Okay, okay, I’m coming.” Yoseob grumbled while waving a hand at Doojoon in an annoyed manner as he got up from his seat.

 

“Why so grumpy?” the leader teased as they exited the vehicle.

 

“You woke me up from my nap! Of course I’m grumpy.” Yoseob pouted as they regrouped with the rest of the band in front of their dorm building.

 

Doojoon laughed, “Sorry, but I want to spend as much time as I can with you guys before filming tomorrow morning. The rest of you are so lucky, you guys have the day off tomorrow.” He sighed, “Oh well, like my mom would say: ‘Life isn’t fair.’”

 

Yoseob gave Doojoon a quizzical look as they followed Dongwoon and Kikwang into the elevator. “Doojoon, what’re you talking about?”

 

“Hyung,” Dongwoon said from behind Yoseob as the elevator doors closed, “at times like these, it’s best to just smile and nod.”

 

Doojoon gave the maknae an annoyed glare as the vocalist giggled, “Okay.”

 

-xXx-

 

It’s 6 AM when Doojoon wakes up the next morning; he’s the first, as usual. But this time he won’t be waking anybody else up. He’s going to film while the others get to relax at home.

 

“I still don’t think it’s fair…” he thinks.

 

Sighing, he stretches and takes a quick glance around the room. To his left, Dongwoon is spread out on his bed at an odd angle, a spot of drool stains his pillow near his mouth. To Doojoon’s right, Yoseob is snoring softly, tightly clutching one of the many plushies on his bed. The leader smiled as he recognized the plushie. It was the purple panda bear he had gotten Yoseob for their 300 day anniversary. He doubted the younger boy remembered the event, never mind the significance of the plushie, but seeing Yoseob hold it so close made Doojoon feel special. After ruffling the smaller boy’s hair, Doojoon made his way off the top bunk and onto the floor.

 

Being the caring leader he was, he checked on the members on the bottom bunk too. Kikwang was in a position almost as – if not, just as – strange as Dongwoon’s. The only difference being no drool. Then he looked over to the next bed – Junhyung’s. For a moment Doojoon became worried: the rapper wasn’t in his bed, it was empty. He was about to go search the dorm when he realized there were two figures in Hyunseung’s bed. The leader grinned, “Guess it really wasn’t so bad that I told him about Hyunseung’s crush after all.” Hyunseung was closely snuggled up to Junhyung who was hugging the dancer around his waist. Doojoon was tempted to take out his phone and take a picture, but he knew he was short on time. So pushing temptation aside, Doojoon got ready for the day.

 

-xXx-

 

It’s the same dream. Yoseob is on the balcony, there’s a sunset, and the unknown man appears. He still can’t see his face, just his eyes. And this time when he kisses Yoseob, he doesn’t say, “wake up Yoseob,” when they part. Instead, a soft murmur comes from him. Yoseob can tell he’s saying words, but his voice is so quiet that Yoseob doesn’t know what he’s telling him. Suddenly, the man disappears and the sunset fades away, and before Yoseob knew it, he was awake.

 

The vocalist yawned and rubbed his eyes before sitting up in bed. He sighed, this was really bugging him. And it wasn’t just the dream. It was the whole amnesia thing. Not being able to remember memories was really annoying him. He hated the fact that he hardly remembered anything or anyone before the last two months. It made him feel pathetic about himself. He felt he was holding everybody back, that he— No. Yoseob shook his head and stopped himself from thinking any more. He shouldn’t be worrying over this now, he just woke up.

 

He stretched again, then finally looked around the room. The first thing he noticed was that Doojoon’s bed was empty. At first he panicked; but then he remembered Doojoon had filming today. He hoped Doojoon would come back soon; spending his free day without him would . Sighing, he then looked at the other members’ beds. They were all still asleep; although he found it amusing that Junhyung was sleeping with Hyunseung. He knew the two of them were close, but he didn’t think of them as the type of friends who would sleep together.

 

“I wonder what happened yesterday,” Yoseob thought with a smile. But instead of pondering about it, Yoseob shrugged and decided to get dressed.

 

-xXx-

 

“So Junhyung,” Kikwang grinned, as the five remaining Beast members sat in the living room eating breakfast, “what happened with you and Hyunseungie yesterday?”

 

Hyunseung’s eyes widened as Junhyung practically choked on his orange juice, “Wh-what?”

 

Kikwang laughed, “Don’t try to play dumb, I saw you two cuddling last night. So what happened? Are you two finally together?”

 

Hyunseung blushed and stayed quiet as he tried to eat his pancakes; leaving Junhyung to splutter unfinished sentences.

 

“I – well, you see…uh,” the rapper set down his plate and scratched the back of his head, “he… I… we… I don’t know if… I guess… But I mean…”

 

Dongwoon chuckled, “Are you going to start making sense anytime soon?”

 

The rapper turned his head away in embarrassment. Hyunseung placed his hand upon Junhyung’s and gave it a comforting squeeze, as if silently saying ‘it’s okay.’ Junhyung looked up at the dancer, meeting his reassuring doe eyes, and smiled back.

 

Yoseob’s eyebrows rose, “So there issomething with them.”

 

“Omo! Did you see that Seobie?! There is definitely something up between them.” Kikwang beamed, “Tell us everything hyung! Did you ask Seungie out, or did Seungie ask you out? Or did you just confess? Who confessed first?” Kikwang gasped, “Hyunseung, did you tell him about your crush??”

 

Laughing, Dongwoon interrupted, “Whoa, hyung, slow down. Let them answer one question at a time. You’re gonna confuse them.”

 

“Haha, sorry,” the singer apologized. “Okay, okay, let’s just start with: what happened yesterday?”

 

As Junhyung began to tell the story, about how he told Hyunseung that he found out about his crush, and how they ended up kissing and confessing at the same time or something like that, Yoseob spaced out. He tried to pay attention, he really did. But his mind kept wandering to the past flash backs he had been getting lately. He was trying to figure out why they all had those same pair of eyes. Not only was it really annoying, but it was also getting kind of creepy.

 

“But wait, if they were memories, there should be somebody that I know with those eyes,” Yoseob realized. “I just need to figure out who that person is, and then maybe—”

 

“…cutest story ever! Don’t you think so Yoseob?” Kikwang asked, a huge grin spread out on his face.

 

Yoseob nodded absentmindedly, “Yeah, totally. Hey, I’m gonna go out on the deck for a bit okay,” he said as he stood up.

 

Kikwang looked at his friend with a puzzled expression, “But don’t you wanna talk to Junhyung and Hyunseung about their relationship??”

 

“I’ll talk to them later, I need to think some things over…” With that, Yoseob stood up and made his way outside.

 

Kikwang blinked then shrugged, “Okay then.”

 

-xXx-

 

“How long has he been out there?” Dongwoon asked Kikwang as they sat together on the living room couch; watching Yoseob from a distance.

 

“Since after breakfast,” Kikwang replied.

 

“That was like…two hours ago!”

 

“I know.”

 

“What did you say he was outside for again?”

 

“He said he wanted to think some things over.”

 

“Oh right. What kind of things?”

 

Kikwang shrugged, “How should I know. He never talks to me anymore. He’s always with Doojoon.”

 

A voice came from behind, “What’re you two whispering about now?”

 

“AH!” the two boys yelled in surprise. Turning around they saw Junhyung.

 

“H-hi hyung,” Dongwoon greeted nervously, his hand on his fast beating heart.

 

Kikwang lightly slapped the older male with a scowl, “Don’t scare us like that!”

 

Junhyung chuckled, “Sorry, couldn’t help it. But back to my question; what’re you two doing?”

 

“Nothing,” Kikwang and Dongwoon replied together, which caused them to look at each other. Once they made eye contact they smiled and giggled.

 

Junhyung shook his head, “You two are like a couple of girls. But seriously, why are you guys sitting in the living room with the TV off?”

 

“We’re watching Yoseob,” Dongwoon replied simply.

 

“Yoseob?” Junhyung glanced around, half-expecting the brunet to appear from behind the couch or something.

 

Kikwang pointed towards the glass sliding door at his right, “Yeah, out on the deck. He’s been out there for awhile now, just standing there and staring out into space.”  

 

“How long as he been out there?” Junhyung asked as he sat down on the couch next to Kikwang.

 

“About two hours now,” the dancer replied.

 

“Two hours huh?” Junhyung repeated as he watched the vocalist carefully. “Well whatever he’s thinking about, it must be serious. Yoseob never thinks this much. Or at least, not for such a long time.”

 

There was a small pause of silence between the three of them before Junhyung spoke again, “Have you guys tried talking to him yet?”

 

Dongwoon shook his head, “No; he didn’t – and still doesn’t – look like he wants to talk to anybody.”

 

“I see . . . How long have you two been watching him?”

 

“Ummm . . .” Kikwang looked up at the ceiling as he estimated, “about . . . a half hour?”

 

“Then how do you know that he’s been out there for two hours?” Junhyung asked.

 

“Because he told me he was going out on the deck after breakfast,” Kikwang answered, “and I never heard the door open again, so I’m assuming he hasn’t gone back inside.”

 

“I see,” Junhyung put a finger to his chin thoughtfully before saying, “Well if he doesn’t come inside before lunch, bring him in and I’ll try to talk to him after we eat. Okay?”

 

Both Kikwang and Dongwoon nodded, “’Kay.” Then they giggled again.

 

Junhyung rolled his eyes again as he got up off the couch, but he couldn’t help a small smile from reaching his face. “Have fun watching Yoseob girls,” he teased as the ‘girls’ stuck their tongues out at him before turning back around to look at Yoseob.

 

The rapper chuckled as he made his way back to the bedroom. But he couldn’t help but glance back at Yoseob before entering the room, he really hoped the vocalist was alright. “Hopefully he’ll be over it by lunch,” he thought to himself.

 

-xXx-

 

Yoseob stood outside on the deck, leaning against the railing and looking out at the view. He sighed despondently. Not being able to figure out these memories and dreams were really bugging him. For the past hour or so he had been trying to put together what he knew in a way that made sense, but so far he couldn’t figure anything out.

 

He at least knew for a fact that there must be one person who could help him put all these memory pieces together. Because the eyes that he kept seeing in all of his memories and dreams were always the same, so it must be the same man in each memory. The problem was figuring out who that man was. A lot easier said than done.  

 

Yoseob had a feeling that the person was from BEAST, since, they’re the only people he really spends his time with, they’re all close to him, and they’re all guys. So it makes sense. But trying to figure out who’s eyes they were was hard, especially when they all had brown eyes. It could’ve been any one of them. Yoseob lowered his head and sighed again.

 

“Why is this so hard??” he thought to himself while pouting. He was about to go down the list of members in attempt to figure out this mystery, but he suddenly heard the sliding door open.

 

“Yah, Yoseob,”

 

The said boy turned around. It was Junhyung.

 

“Come inside,” Junhyung suggested, although it sounded more like an order, “you’ve been out there for a pretty long time, and its cold, and you don’t even have a sweater on. You might get sick. Besides, it’s lunch time and you need to eat something. I don’t want you loosing any weight, your already skinny enough as it is.”

 

Yoseob looked unsure, “Okay, but I was kinda in the middle of something . . .” he trailed.

 

A few chuckles came from inside the dorm. “You should listen to Umma, Yoseob,” Dongwoon advised as he and Kikwang popped up from behind Junhyung.

 

Kikwang nodded with a grin, “Yeah, you don’t want him to start nagging, kekeke~”

 

Junhyung scowled at the two younger boys, “Go find somebody else to annoy, you’re not exactly being helpful. Why don’t you two help Seung with lunch?”

 

Dongwoon shrugged while Kikwang pouted, “Fine, be that way. C’mon Woonie,” he said as he took the maknae’s hand and they headed off towards the kitchen. 

 

Once the two left, Junhyung turned his attention back to Yoseob. “You know, if you want to talk about anything, I’ll listen.”

 

Yoseob glanced down and shook his head, “No…that’s okay. I’m just…thinking.” He looked back up at Junhyung, and he noticed the rapper’s eyes.

 

“You sure?” the older boy asked. His eyes were filled with concern, like in one of Yoseob’s memories, but…they didn’t look quite the same. Junhyung’s eyes were double-lidded, the eyelids in his memory were single, and that warm feeling that he remembered seeing wasn’t there.

 

Yoseob nodded slowly, “Yeah, I’m sure.” “So I guess it’s not Junhyung…” he thought.

 

“Okay,” Junhyung nodded understandingly, “well at least come inside for lunch.” He opened the sliding door wider.

 

The vocalist smiled a little, “Okay,” and stepped inside.

 

-xXx-

 

The five boys had just finished lunch and were now sitting on the living room floor. Yoseob had already figured out that neither Hyunseung nor Kikwang was the man in his memory. Hyunseung’s eyes had the same warm feeling, but it was only noticeable when he was looking at Junhyung, plus they weren’t the same shape. Kikwang’s eyes were single-lidded, but they were a lot smaller than the pair in his memory.

 

So that left Dongwoon. Was he the one?

 

Yoseob stared at the maknae’s face, and focused on his eyes and their shape. At the moment, Dongwoon was telling everybody a story about a dog he used to have and how he wished they could keep one at the dorm, so it was a bit hard to concentrate on him since he kept turning his head.

 

As the vocalist watched Dongwoon, Hyunseung stood up and started collecting the dishes from off the ground. Junhyung noticed this and began to help. “Are you gonna do the dishes Seung?” the rapper asked Hyunseung.

 

The pretty boy nodded as he picked up another plate, “Yeah, you wanna help?”

 

Junhyung smiled and took the stack of plates from Hyunseung’s hands, “Sure.”

 

Hyunseung then started picking up the glasses. Kikwang and Dongwoon noticed what the older boys were doing and handed Hyunseung their glasses. Yoseob, on the other hand, didn’t.

 

“Yoseob,” Hyunseung said, moving the vocalist’s focus from Dongwoon to him.

 

“Hm?” Yoseob blinked.

 

“Can you hand me your glass?” the dancer asked.

 

“Oh, yeah; here,” Yoseob gave the glass to Hyunseung, who smiled as he took it.

 

“Thanks.” Once Hyunseung had possession of the object, he motioned for Junhyung to follow him into the kitchen. The rapper did so willingly with a smile.

 

This smile didn’t go unnoticed by Kikwang, for the instant he saw it he scooted over closer to Dongwoon and whispered into the maknae’s ear. Whatever Kikwang said made Dongwoon grin and, before Yoseob could even make a decision about whether or not Dongwoon was the man from his memory, the two scampered off somewhere; leaving Yoseob alone in the living room.

 

Yoseob sighed and stood up. “I guess it’s back to thinking…” With that, the brunet went outside on the balcony again.

 

-xXx-

 

“Great, this is just great, I come thisclose to figuring out who the guy in my dreams is, but if course Dongwoon has to go away before I could even make an opinion.” Yoseob grumbled as he sat outside on the deck.

 

He sighed, “I’m really hating this amnesia thing now. It to not be able to anything from before the accident. And even when I do remember it’s not even a whole memory, it comes back in pieces. Whoever said solving puzzles is fun has obviously never had amnesia, because this definitely is notfun. It’s a pain to re-learn everything and I feel totally stupid when people have to explain things to me all the time.”

 

Yoseob sighed again. “Sometimes . . . sometimes I feel like I’m holding everybody else back because I can’t remember anything. I mean, think about it; we probably could’ve gotten so much more done if I didn’t have to loose my memory. We probably would’ve had the whole choreography down by now. But because I couldn’t remember anything we had to start over from the beginning. Now that . Uhg, Stupid car crash . . .” he glared.

 

There was a breeze and Yoseob shivered a bit. He pulled his long sleeves over his hands and rubbed them together in an attempt to stay warmer. “Maybe Junhyung was right,” he said softly to himself, “maybe I should’ve worn a sweater before coming out here…”

 

-xXx-

 

“Hey kids, I’m home~!” Doojoon shouted when he entered the dorm. It had literally just been seconds after the leader closed the door that Dongwoon appeared in front of him.  The look of worry that was on the maknae’s face soon melted into relief as he looked at Doojoon. “Thank God you’re here!” Dongwoon exclaimed, throwing himself onto the leader in the form of a hug.

 

“Uh, I’m glad to see you too Dongwoon-ah,” Doojoon said while giving Dongwoon an odd look, he was very confused on why the maknae was acting so strangely.

 

Dongwoon ignored Doojoon’s comment as he parted from the hug. “Hyungs! Doojoon-ah’s back!!” he shouted.

 

Almost instantly, four more boys appeared before Doojoon. All of them looked at the leader like he was the rain they needed to be saved from a drought. “Umm . . . is there something wrong?” Doojoon asked awkwardly.

 

Kikwang nodded, “Yeah, there is. It’s Yoseob,”

 

Doojoon took in a sharp breath and his eyebrows rose. He was definitely listening.

 

Kikwang continued, “he’s acting really upset about something, but we don’t know what.”

 

“We’ve all tried talking to him,” Hyunseung added, “but he won’t open up to any of us. He keeps telling us that he wants to be alone and to leave him be.”

 

“Where is he?” Doojoon demanded.

 

“Out on the deck,” Junhyung replied. “He’s been out there most of the day.”

 

Doojoon didn’t need anymore information. He pushed his way out of the small group in front of him and quickly made his way to the back door.

 

He slid open the glass door.

-xXx-

A/N: Hello my lovely readers~!  I hope you weren't wait too long. And hopfully you guys enjoyed this chapter. Sorry in advance for the cliff hanger ^^;; I couldn't help it. I'm evil, huh? =P

Sorry, I no replies this time. I'm really short on time right now so I have to make this quick.
But to applejuicefool in a sense, yes it is , but there won't be any any (sorry fans, but I'm terrible at writing it xP). So, it's more like Shonen-ai. =P

Hopefully I'll get answer replies in the next chapter. =/
Speaking about the next chapter, it will hopefully be up in a few weeks! It depnds on how much free time I'll get.

I hope you all are doing well~!!! ^^ Happy holidays~!! <3

~Mariel