Scattered Memories: Part 3

Scattered Memories

Yoseob sat on the edge of his hospital bed, waiting for Doojoon to come with his clothes so he could finally get out of this stupid hospital gown. He glared fiercely at the blue garment he was wearing, as if doing so would bring Doojoon here sooner.

 

Today was his last day at the hospital. And he was glad. The tests and examinations he was forced to do were difficult and annoying. From just asking questions, to physical activities, they all took so much energy that, by the time Doojoon and the others came to visit, Yoseob was exhausted. So it didn’t give the boys too much time to visit; they didn’t want to wear Yoseob out, plus they had their schedules to keep.

 

Sighing, Yoseob laid back down, keeping his legs dangled over the edge of the bed. Brushing his bangs from his face, he began to think about the information he had been told through out the week. 

 

Apparently the boy band he was apart of was internationally famous, was almost named Best instead of Beast, and had fans called b2uties. They’ve toured across Asia and even performed in America, but they have fans from all over the world who always give them gifts.

 

He found out that each member of the band had a particular charm: Doojoon was the perfect leader, Hyunseung was the pretty dancer, Junhyung was the charismatic rapper, Kikwang was the y vocalist, Dongwoon was the handsome maknae, and he was the cute main vocalist. Yoseob frowned a bit. Since when was he ever considered ‘cute’? He knew that people have called him ‘nice-looking’ or ‘charming.’ But he never remembered anybody calling him cute. But, then again, he didn’t remember much, considering the fact that he was suffering from amnesia. 

 

He was also told that he was the best singer out of the six of them, despite them all being singers. According to Doojoon, nobody can sing like him. The band leader had an mp3 of him singing Cracks of a Broken Heart on his iPhone and had played it for him to listen to.

 

At first he didn’t believe that was him; the voice he had heard had been so smooth and angelic, he doubted he could ever sound that good, even with all the training that he’s had. But after a lot of arguing and persuasion from the other members, Yoseob decided to accept it really was him singing. Although he still didn’t really believe it. That soothing, heart-melting voice couldn’t be him. Could it?

 

Before Yoseob could ponder over it much more, a voice interrupted his thoughts.

 

“Yoseobie~!”

 

The said boy sat up and saw Doojoon walking into his hospital room with a backpack. “You ready to finally get out of that stupid gown?” the spiky haired leader asked with a grin.

 

“Definitely.” Yoseob answered with absolutely no hesitation. “Where’re my clothes?”

 

“In the backpack,” Doojoon replied simply; holding up the bag.

 

Yoseob never thought he would be so happy to receive a set of clothes, “Thank you so much,” he smiled gratefully, before disappearing into the bathroom that was connected to the hospital room.

 

When Yoseob had locked the door Doojoon let out a sigh and sat down in one of the five chairs that sat around Yoseob’s bed. The other Beast members had wanted to come with Doojoon and take Yoseob home too, but unfortunately they all had schedules to keep, so only Doojoon was able to come because he was given the day off.

 

Yoseob was dressed in normal clothes in record time. It had only been a minute since Doojoon had sat down in his chair and Yoseob was already dressed and out of the bathroom.

 

The spiky haired leader chuckled, “Well that didn’t take long.”

 

“I couldn’t get out of that thing fast enough,” Yoseob said with a smile, placing the despised gown on the bed.

 

Doojoon couldn’t help but stare at the younger boy. It wasn’t because Yoseob was wearing anything special, but after seeing Yoseob in nothing but the hospital gown, the clothes were a nice change. He sure looked a lot cuter in regular clothes.

 

The brunet was dressed in a white printed T-shirt that made his brown puppy-dog eyes stand out; slim, dark-wash jeans that fit his legs attractively; and a blue pair of high top trainer sneakers to complete the look.

 

“What do want me to do with the backpack?” Yoseob turned around to look at Doojoon, but he found the leader watching him with a faraway expression. “Um, Doojoon? Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

Doojoon blinked, Yoseob’s voice bringing the older male out of his thoughts. “Huh? Like what?”

 

“You had this dreamy, sort of spaced-out, kind of look on your face. Why were you looking at me like that?”

 

Doojoon smiled and shrugged, “I dunno. I guess it’s ‘cause you look cuter in these clothes than in that thing,” he pointed to the gown lying on the bed. “I like you better in real clothes.”

 

Yoseob nodded. “I do too,” he replied, oblivious to the small flirt Doojoon tried to pull. “Anyway, what do you want me to do with the back pack? You never told me.”

 

“Oh, here, I’ll take it.” Doojoon reached for the bag that Yoseob was handing out, ignoring the small pang of disappointment he felt. “So, you ready to go?” he asked, while standing up and shouldering the backpack.

 

“Yes; definitely.”

 

“Alright, let me just get the paper work and we can get the heck out of here.”

 

-xXx-

 

“Welcome home~~!” Doojoon announced as they entered Beast’s dorm.

 

Yoseob entered the dorm with wide eyes, “This is the dorm? There’s so much room! I was expecting it to be a lot smaller.”

 

“Well we used to live in a smaller dorm,” Doojoon answered, “but, as you can see, we moved out to a bigger one.” He began to tell Yoseob where all the rooms were, “So, over here is the living room, the kitchen’s right there, and then the laundry room…”

 

Yoseob nodded, but he wasn’t really paying attention to what Doojoon was saying. He had sort of spaced out. The moment Yoseob had stepped through the door he felt a huge rush of Déjà vu take over him. He felt as if he recognized everything, but he remembered nothing. It was a strange feeling.

 

“…and down the hall is our bedroom, everybody sleeps there. We have bunk beds and—Yoseob? Are you listening, or am I talking to myself?” Doojoon asked, pushing his face into the brunet’s view.

 

“Huh? Oh, sorry. I sorta spaced out. I have the weirdest feeling of Déjà vu right now.” As he finished his sentence he let out a yawn.

 

Doojoon chuckled at the sight, “Not just Déjà vu, you’re probably tired too. Why don’t you go nap in the bedroom?”

 

Yoseob was about to argue that he was fine and didn’t need a nap, when he yawned again. Then he realized that a nap wouldn’t be such a bad idea. Giving in to Doojoon’s suggestion, Yoseob nodded in reply to his hyung, “Okay.”

 

“Your bed is on the top bunk on the left side,” Doojoon said as he watched Yoseob walk towards the bedroom, “but you can use any of the beds. I don’t think anybody would mind.”

 

Nodding again, Yoseob gave Doojoon a smile before disappearing into the bedroom.

 

The brunet didn’t feel like climbing up to his bunk, so he crawled into the closest bed, which happened to be Hyunseung’s. In a matter of seconds, Yoseob was fast asleep.

 

-xXx-

 

Smiling faces fill Yoseob’s blurry vision. He can’t tell who these smiling people are. But there are at least five of them.

 

Laughter is heard all around. But it sounds muffled, as if somebody is covering his ears. The smiling faces fade and a mail box materializes out of nowhere, along with a Pikachu plushie. White cards of paper suddenly burst out of the mail box, each titled with the word “Almighty” in bold black letters.

 

Yoseob hears somebody say, “Oh yeah!” and the scene suddenly changes.

 

Yoseob is at the entrance to the dorm, there, in the doorway, are two women dressed in black and white maid costumes. He doesn’t recognize who these to women are, but he has the feeling they’re important.

 

All of a sudden, a crowd of people rush past Yoseob and towards the two maids. The crowd of people surround him and sweep him along with them. He has no idea who these people are or where he’s going. Heck, doesn’t know anything. Right now, nothing is making sense.

 

Before he could register anything else, flashes of random images flood his mind at once. Pasta. Chef hats. A scarecrow that looked oddly familiar. White clothes. Black clothes. Laundry. Paper. Scissors. Stone. Rice. Cameras. A crowd of fans cheering. Bright lights. Chanting. A swimming pool. A freaky looking bug. Yelling. Confetti. Faces filled with happiness but streaked with tears. Shouts of joy. A trophy. A group hug.

 

So many snapshots of so many different things coming up at the same time made his head hurt, and his mind confused. Yoseob had this feeling that these snap shots were memories. The memories he had lost; trying to be re-remembered, but his injured head couldn’t calculate it all at once. It was making his head hurt terribly. He just wanted it all to stop. Stop. Just stop!

 

Everything froze.

 

And it stopped.

 

No more random images flashed in his mind. No more strange happenings occurred. No more crowd of unknown people. Yoseob felt strangely calm. As if something had shielded the unwanted thoughts from his mind. 

 

The scenery changes one more time. Yoseob fears it will turn out like the others had – wild and irrational. But he’s wrong. This time, he’s lying down on the living room floor, his head against a pillow, and cuddled up next to somebody. This ‘somebody’ gives him the impression as a person he trusts and cares about deeply. He isn’t able to see this person’s face, but for reasons unknown to him, Yoseob feels he knows this person very well, and that’s enough for him. With this picture in his mind, Yoseob is able to sleep on peacefully.

 

-xXx-

 

After Yoseob had gone into the bedroom to take his nap, Doojoon decided to watch some TV, making sure to keep the volume low, so he didn’t disturb his sleeping friend. He was watching a re-run episode of Playful Kiss when he heard noises coming from the bedroom. Clicking off the TV, he hurried to check on Yoseob.

 

Doojoon didn’t like what he saw. Yoseob was tossing and turning in Hyunseung’s bed while making uncomfortable sounds. It was obvious he was having a bad dream. Doojoon was immediately at Yoseob’s side. He sat down on the side of the bed and rubbed Yoseob’s back and shoulder while talking to the younger soothingly.

 

Yoseob had stopped tossing and turning, but now his facial expressions had gotten more intense, his breaths short and uneven. He looked as if he was in pain, ’causing Doojoon’s heart to ache. He never liked seeing his Yoseob upset, let alone in pain.

 

Without warning, Yoseob suddenly brought his hands to his head and shouted, “Stop. Just stop!”

 

At that, Doojoon couldn’t control himself anymore. He crawled into the bed with Yoseob and wrapped his arms protectively around the younger boy’s waist. “Shhh, Seobie, it’s okay.” Doojoon murmured tenderly into Yoseob’s ear. “I’m here. I won’t let you get hurt any more. I promise.” As Doojoon pulled Yoseob closer, he could feel the smaller male relax, and his breathing began to even out. Resting his chin on Yoseob’s shoulder, Doojoon smiled.

 

“I promise, I won’t let anything, or anybody hurt you while I’m around.”

 

-xXx-

 

“Hyungs~ We’re hoooome~~!” Dongwoon announced as he, and the rest of the band members, walked through the door of Beast’s dorm. When he got no reply, Dongwoon turned to Junhyung who was standing beside the maknae, “Where are they?”

 

The rapper shrugged, “I dunno.”

 

Dongwoon rolled his eyes, “That helps a lot…”

 

“Well, before you two get anybody else involved in your argument, I’m going to change my clothes.” Kikwang decisively stated as he made his way towards the bedroom.

 

Hyunseung gave the younger boy passive look as he made his way to the kitchen fridge, looking for a drink. “You do that…”

 

“Hey Seung, can you get me a coke?” Junhyung asked while making himself comfortable on the living room floor.

 

“Sure,” Hyunseung replied, grabbing a can of the carbonated drink from the fridge.

 

Suddenly there was a squeal. Everybody looked towards the bedroom. Kikwang ran out with his shirt half on and half off. A huge grin plastered on his face. 

 

“You guys!” Kikwang was practically bouncing everywhere, “You have to come look! It’s sooooo cute~! Somebody needs to take a picture.”

 

“What’re you talking about Kikwang?” Junhyung asked, giving the younger an odd look.

 

“And do you mind putting your shirt on all the way?” Hyunsenug added.

 

Kikwang had a short dumb-Kwang moment, “…Huh?”

 

Dongwoon’s face turned red as he explained. “Kwangie…your shirt’s only half way on.”

 

“Oh! Sorry.” The air-headed boy blushed then pulled his shirt on. “Okay, now come on! Junhyung, take a picture with your phone.” Kikwang pulled the rapper up from the floor.

 

“Take a picture of what?” Junhyung was becoming aggravated. One, because Kikwang wasn’t making any sense; two, he was forced to move from his comfortable spot on the floor; and three he never got his Coke.

 

“You’ll see once you go into the room, now c’mon! You too Hyunseung,” Kikwang grabbed Hyunseung’s hands while the other two followed him into the room.

 

“This better be good…” Junhyung muttered.

 

“Look at Hyunseung’s bed,” Kikwang commanded in a whisper when they entered the bedroom.

 

“What about my—” but Hyunseung couldn’t finish his sentence, because what he saw made him, “awww~” instead.

 

That’s what I want you to take a picture of hyung,” Kikwang whispered to Junhyung as he pointed at the bed.

 

It was Doojoon and Yoseob. They were both still asleep. Doojoon had his arms wrapped warmly around Yoseob’s waist, while Yoseob was pressed comfortably up against Doojoon’s chest.

 

The blonde chuckled softly. “Sure Kikwang. I’ll be sure to save these pics for later,” he smirked; clicking pics of the two sleeping beauties with his phone.

 

Dongwoon shook his head at Junhyung, that smirk he wore had the word ‘blackmail’ written all over it.
 

-xXx-


A/N: Anybody click on the link I put up in the story? The Cracks of a Broken Heart one. If you didn't you should. Yoseob really is singing that song, and he (as always) sounds amazing! *sighs dreamily*

Anyways, Thanks to anybody and everybody who is reading and commenting on my story ^w^ It really means a lot *hugs* It makes me feel happy that people actually like reading my story. <3

@onlyJK: Thanks, I will! =)

@xAzn4Lifex3: Hopefully this was soon enough for you ^^

@TokkiCherie: I'm happy you like it~! ^^

@ykkahtot: Awww, thanks~ You're so sweet :3 And you're totally right, if they didn't go through that, BEAST wouldn't be the BEAST we know and love now <3

@Forever_SS501: Thank you~ Me too <3

@NiiaChaan: I'm sorry for breaking your heart T.T Hopefully this chapter put it back together.  If not, here's some tape ;) And I promise Dooseob will get together. <3 hehe Kiwoon is adorbs~